Time goes by...so slowly....

siegementality

siegementality

http://www.ourappraisal.com/xsites/Appraisers/centralilappraisal/content/uploadedFiles/refi_clock_ticking.jpg

and still no manager or new players. A derby game to be played and a cup semi final coming up. A new man in charge would definately make a difference for both those games (as I fear we will find out tomorrow).

They haven't forgot about "the search" already have they?.

siegementality
Shhhhhh.

Dont ask the tricky questions on here mate.

I know some don't like it but hey ho.

Another tricky question, If Romanov trusts Frails recommendations on players (as per todays EEN article) why are they coming on a trial basis?.

Commander Harris
http://www.ourappraisal.com/xsites/Appraisers/centralilappraisal/content/uploadedFiles/refi_clock_ticking.jpg

and still no manager or new players. A derby game to be played and a cup semi final coming up. A new man in charge would definately make a difference for both those games (as I fear we will find out tomorrow).

It's still not even 3 weeks since the announcement. I think it's more important to get the right person for the job than to just make an appointment for the sake of it. This season is a right off anyway.

Commander Harris
Shhhhhh.

"tricky" questions are more than welcome, especially if it's a hearts fan expressing his honest concern - no harm in that whatsover.

what is less welcome is hobo trolls making stupid posts that add nothing to the discussion and are only made to try and provoke a reaction from the Hearts supporting members.

Shhhhhh.

Has this fecker ever contributed anything to this board ?

Empty the clown please.

It's still not even 3 weeks since the announcement. I think it's more important to get the right person for the job than to just make an appointment for the sake of it. This season is a right off anyway.

I agree with that.

It took the vermin about a month to appoint someone they could have had after about 3 days.

I'm willing to wait to make sure we get the right guy.

siegementality

Seriously now, how long do you think it should take for a football club to find the right man?.

Most football clubs would have an idea of who they would want near enough straight away. It would then come down to whether they could tempt him.

Seriously now, how long do you think it should take for a football club to find the right man?.

Most football clubs would have an idea of who they would want near enough straight away. It would then come down to whether they could tempt him.

Collins resigned before Christmas. Fatboy was appointed a few days ago.

Commander Harris

as has been said above - it took hibs almost a month to bring in mixu.

I'll reiterate what I said before, while it is frustrating that we have not been able to appoint a manager yet I do not think we should be hurried into making an inferior appointment - especially when there is little to play for this season anyway. Get the right man, even if that takes a couple more weeks.

chester copperpot

But we've not had a manager in 18 months mate.

I can see the relevance of this, if we dont get someone in before end of jan, I seriously doubt we will get anyone, despite what I've heard.

I would have liked a new man to be in place by tomorrow.

I would have liked new signings to have been in place before tomorrow.

I accepted at the start of the week that was unlikely to happen.

All I'm concentrating on now is sending the Vermin home battered and bruised.

My thoughts regarding the Manager will resume on Monday. Sorry if that sounds in anyway 'short sighted'.

:D

siegementality
But we've not had a manager in 18 months mate.

I can see the relevance of this, if we dont get someone in before end of jan, I seriously doubt we will get anyone, despite what I've heard.

My point exactly. Collins exit was a shock. The Hobos didn't expect to be having to look for a manager.

It took Newcastle a week to appoint a new manager and that was after Harry Rednapp knocked them back. If he had said yes it would have been after about three days.

siegementality
as has been said above - it took hibs almost a month to bring in mixu.

I'll reiterate what I said before, while it is frustrating that we have not been able to appoint a manager yet I do not think we should be hurried into making an inferior appointment - especially when there is little to play for this season anyway. Get the right man, even if that takes a couple more weeks.

I've never had the "wee cup" mentality. A cup is a cup, and for a club that has had limited success I would welcome winning the LC. We are in the semis. Beat Rankers and we might just win the final. A manager and some new players would help that cause. I wouldn't mind winning the Scottish Cup either. There is still plenty to play for this season.

Commander Harris
My point exactly. Collins exit was a shock. The Hobos didn't expect to be having to look for a manager.

It took Newcastle a week to appoint a new manager and that was after Harry Rednapp knocked them back. If he had said yes it would have been after about three days.

newcastle can give their managers multi-million pound pay deals. It's not comparable.

Commander Harris
I've never had the "wee cup" mentality. A cup is a cup, and for a club that has had limited success I would welcome winning the LC. We are in the semis. Beat Rankers and we might just win the final. A manager and some new players would help that cause. I wouldn't mind winning the Scottish Cup either. There is still plenty to play for this season.

agreed. I shouldn't have overlooked the cup competitions.

The opening words of "Unchained Melody" if I'm not mistaken. A song of everlasting love for romantic Hearts.

siegementality
newcastle can give their managers multi-million pay deals. It's not comparable.

Of course it is. That is the type of person they can attract/afford. Our sights are lower. None the less if Newcastle can appoint KK in a week then we should be able to appoint a JJ or CL in that timescale as well. I'm not suggesting we have to but FFS the club hasn't even told us if they've drawn up a short list/began interviews, etc.

The problem is, IMO, while Newcastle is an attractive job, and had applications for that post been invited I think the quality of candadite would have shown that, the Hearts job simply isn't. I think that while the board have said they are happy with the quality of candidate, they aren't, or they would be some way down the process of choosing someone now. It could well be that the quality of manager we all want, didn't apply.

Remember the last time we sought applications, the "hero" was appointed. Was he the best applicant?.

:bravo:

I love the way the hatred on here is taken to a different level on derby weekend.

FTH.

It took the **** exactly 3 weeks to make the appointment after a shock resignation by squareheid. We have known for a long long time we needed a manager despite when the statement was released. Do you really think we only started looking after the statement was released ??

This wait so we can get the right man nonsense is laughable. :wacko:

siegementality
It took the **** exactly 3 weeks to make the appointment after a shock resignation by squareheid. We have known for a long long time we needed a manager despite when the statement was released. Do you really think we only started looking after the statement was released ??

We probably did. We're fecking clueless it would appear.

Honestly, yes.

Honestly, yes.

I disagree but scary if true. :confused:

Either way IMO 3 weeks is more than enough time to get manager in. Not sure what people mean by the right man as only time in the job will prove whether we appoint the right man or not.

siegementality
I disagree but scary if true. :confused:

Either way IMO 3 weeks is more than enough time to get manager in. Not sure what people mean by the right man as only time in the job will prove whether we appoint the right man or not.

Bang on the money again Dazo.

Who is "the right man". When will we know when "the right man" is "the right man"?. Has "the right man" even applied?.

Hindsight will surely be the judge of who "the right man" is/was/wasn't.

Everyman has left the building ( I hope, if the new banning functionality works ).

Mod7

:buttkick: :106years:

Commander Harris
Everyman has left the building ( I hope, if the new banning functionality works ).

Mod7

excellent. Glad that troll has finally been punted. :thumb:

And thats a fair and valid comparison right enough :o

alwaysthereinspirit

What search. Oh you mean the manager search. There is no need to search. Frail is already on site.

Mod7

And not a minute too soon.

FTH.

siegementality
just appoint someone, thats what the fans want, dont care who it is. :rolleyes::sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm:

Hardly what I'm saying. You really should read the whole thread before commenting. The fact is regardless of how fecking long it takes some information as to the progress would be nice. A short list drawn up, candidates identified, something.

The clock is ticking and feck all appears to be happening. Now when some Icelandic no mark is wheeled out as the new manager I bet there'll be lot on here who'll think it's was time well spent to identify the "right man".

IMO the "right man" hasn't yet applied. We'll be stuck with Frail. easy option, buys more time.

Whoever is appointed won't please everyone

siegementality
And thats a fair and valid comparison right enough :o

Newcastle, Stoke, Southend, what difference does it make.

In the EPL the Newcastle job is seen as a prime job.

ln the SPL the Hearts job should be seen as a prime job.

The difference is Mike Ashley doesn't hanker to be a football manager. He identified his targets and went for them. He got his second choice and look at the media coverage. Not one person has mentioned that fact that Keegan was second choice.

Romanov is fecking about. I'm not 100% convinced that he will give the new man full autonomy, and more importantly neither it appears as some of the potential candidates.

How many people have you heard declare interest in the job?.

The bookies haven't even opened a book on it FFS!!!!

there is no news yet, no shortlist as its being drawn up. yuo want to make that process public?

that'll be a first.

"Romanov explained his identikit for a new manager .......

He said: "We are looking for a manager with a good knowledge of British football, strong tactically and who can prepare and pick the strongest team. He will have full control over all team matters in terms of selection, tactics, transfer activity and discipline"

thats hardly a lack of info, unless u want daily updates.

tbh i doubt YOU will know the right man either .

you infer a quick appointment.

also, because YOU haven't heard of 1 of the guys quoted doesn't rate him a no mark imho. (i've heard of him but not enough info to say how good he would be) a bit like GB.

a bit more info for you.

"Lopez and Campbell Ogilvie, Hearts' operations director, have been charged with drawing up a short list to present to Vladimir Romanov, the club's majority shareholder. They are be some way from finalising that list, and have been told that identifying the right target is far more important than filling the post quickly. The successful applicant would be an experienced manager who had worked in British football"

a manager will be appointed, but it maybe after the window closes ; that may make possible signings just now ambigious unless the appointee is made aware of them & agrees with them.

Newcastle, Stoke, Southend, what difference does it make.

In the EPL the Newcastle job is seen as a prime job.

ln the SPL the Hearts job should be seen as a prime job.

The difference is Mike Ashley doesn't hanker to be a football manager. He identified his targets and went for them. He got his second choice and look at the media coverage. Not one person has mentioned that fact that Keegan was second choice.

Romanov is fecking about. I'm not 100% convinced that he will give the new man full autonomy, and more importantly neither it appears as some of the potential candidates.

How many people have you heard declare interest in the job?.

The bookies haven't even opened a book on it FFS!!!!

No. The difference is there was about five realistic choices for Newcastle. And all five of them could have done the job.

For Hearts read scores - at least. And some of the could really **** it up.

siegementality
there is no news yet, no shortlist as its being drawn up. yuo want to make that process public?

that'll be a first.

"Romanov explained his identikit for a new manager .......

He said: "We are looking for a manager with a good knowledge of British football, strong tactically and who can prepare and pick the strongest team. He will have full control over all team matters in terms of selection, tactics, transfer activity and discipline"

thats hardly a lack of info, unless u want daily updates.

tbh i doubt YOU will know the right man either .

you infer a quick appointment.

also, because YOU haven't heard of 1 of the guys quoted doesn't rate him a no mark imho. (i've heard of him but not enough info to say how good he would be) a bit like GB.

a bit more info for you.

"Lopez and Campbell Ogilvie, Hearts' operations director, have been charged with drawing up a short list to present to Vladimir Romanov, the club's majority shareholder. They are be some way from finalising that list, and have been told that identifying the right target is far more important than filling the post quickly. The successful applicant would be an experienced manager who had worked in British football"

a manager will be appointed, but it maybe after the window closes ; that may make possible signings just now ambigious unless the appointee is made aware of them & agrees with them.

I've nearly pi55ed myself, seriously I have. No wonder romanov can pull the stunts he does.

His "identikit" (in bold) is exactly the fecking same as what every other club wants in a manager except they don't have to spell their fecking role out for them as it is taken as read.

Romanov is now a visionary is he?. His "identikit" of a manager as opposed to

the "identikit" he used to appoint which was

"We are looking for a manager with no knowledge of British football, not strong tactically and who cannot prepare and pick the strongest team. He will not have full control over all team matters in terms of selection, tactics, transfer activity and discipline"

As for George Burley, please don't insult me. I knew exactly how good Burley could have been. I wasn't the one who decided he was "killing the club every day" and "it was the greatest day" when he was fired.

I've nearly pi55ed myself, seriously I have. No wonder romanov can pull the stunts he does.

His "identikit" (in bold) is exactly the fecking same as what every other club wants in a manager except they don't have to spell their fecking role out for them as it is taken as read.

Romanov is now a visionary is he?. His "identikit" of a manager as opposed to

the "identikit" he used to appoint which was

"We are looking for a manager with no knowledge of British football, not strong tactically and who cannot prepare and pick the strongest team. He will not have full control over all team matters in terms of selection, tactics, transfer activity and discipline"

As for George Burley, please don't insult me. I knew exactly how good Burley could have been. I wasn't the one who decided he was "killing the club every day" and "it was the greatest day" when he was fired.

Well since you admire Newcastle so much, they released pretty much an identical statement last week.

siegementality
No. The difference is there was about five realistic choices for Newcastle. And all five of them could have done the job.

For Hearts read scores - at least. And some of the could really **** it up.

Sorry my 1945 code breaker broke last week and my Cherokee windtalker nipped out for a haircut and a kebab. WTF are you on about?.

siegementality
Well since you admire Newcastle so much, they released pretty much an identical statement last week.

Show me.

P.S. nothing to do with admiring Newcastle (my English team is Arsenal) however they appointed a manager in a week, after their fiorst choice turned them down, that's what can be done be a committed owner who is 100% serious about employing a manager.

FWIW the Newcastle manager will be signing players we could only dream of signing, shelling out large amounts of cash, they'll be playing to full houses every week (40 odd thousand). If their owner can identify someone (he in fact identified two) he can trust to run the football side of the club that quickly, then what is taking us so long. Somehow I don't think we'll be dealing in the same calibre of candidate that Newcastle were.

I'll bet you a pound to a bucket of sheeite that YOPU'll be disappointed when the "right man2 is eventually announced.

Sorry my 1945 code breaker broke last week and my Cherokee windtalker nipped out for a haircut and a kebab. WTF are you on about?.

Hearts would have had far more applicants/candidates to evaluate and they wouldn't have had the consistent quality that was in the Newcastle pool.

but u didn't know for definite, hindsight is a great thing.

know him personally?

spoke to him?

i spoke to him in ireland & he candidly admitted "that there was a lot of work to do, but hopefully a couple of new faces will be there by start of the season". he worked a minor miracle

it was a mistake gettin rid of burley; everyone knows that (even vlad tho he wont ever admit it) but whats done is done.

BTW all the stuff in quotation marks is what has been reported in the press.

take it up with vlad.

out of intersest u any ideas who YOU would want as a manager; a serious choice not a dream choice?

siegementality
http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1215710,00.html

Very much like Romanov's comments in that it doesn't say anything you wouldn't take as a given. Perhaps the youth development angle at a push.

Can you post the link where the NUFC chairman says:

We are looking for a manager with a good knowledge of British football.

Strong tactically and who can prepare and pick the strongest team.

He will have full control over all team matters in terms of selection, tactics, transfer activity and discipline.

because that is not on that link.

He talks about flair, passion, the size of the club and youth development. Feck all about the basic role of a manager. Why is that. Because Newcastles, like 99% of other teams, owner, chairman, directors, tea ladies, don't think they are football managers. They needed someone who could manage expectation. We are advertising for a "football manager" in the very basic sense.

We had to define the role to generate interest.

The definition of the role was an admission of guilt by Romanov.

Let's see how many, and what quality of, football people trust Romanov.

Read the Hearts website for the article relating to "the search begins". Count how many times the articles says "the board of Heart of Midlothian have decided". The last paragraph says something along the lines of "Vladimir Romanov backs the decisions made by ther board", hardly a ringing endorsement.

The problem, IMO, doesn'y lie with Hearts takihng their time, the problem is I really think any decent manager wouldn't touch us with a barge pole. That's not to say that they might not in the future, however, i think some people who would be interested are waiting to see if the leopard has changed his spots. I think they are prepared to wait for the opportunity the next time around. Knowing Romanov, the next time won't be that far away.

Incidentally, how long did it take to appoint Burley. Then again he was a Anderton recommendation. What happened to the person who identified

Burley again. Something tells me Phil would have had the post filled by now.

siegementality
but u didn't know for definite, hindsight is a great thing.

know him personally?

spoke to him?

i spoke to him in ireland & he candidly admitted "that there was a lot of work to do, but hopefully a couple of new faces will be there by start of the season". he worked a minor miracle

it was a mistake gettin rid of burley; everyone knows that (even vlad tho he wont ever admit it) but whats done is done.

BTW all the stuff in quotation marks is what has been reported in the press.

take it up with vlad.

out of intersest u any ideas who YOU would want as a manager; a serious choice not a dream choice?

Only choice for me.

Craig Levien:

We need a total overhaul of the squad, he is more than capable of doing that.

He will restore pride and respect at the club.

He will restore discipline.

He has respect within the game.

He has the respect of fellow professionals.

He is a motivator.

His presence will be able to attract the quality of Scottish player that we currently cannot.

He is defensively strong.

Since going to DUFC has become more attack minded (any doubts think about the drubbings they've given us over the last two seasons).

He will not take any of Romanovs snash.

He is still young.

He will improve as a manager.

He has an affection for Hearts.

There are countless other attributes that make him the ideal candidate.

As a matter of interest, wish list, Stevie Clarke, Paul Ince, Dennis Wise, Colin Calderwood. All would bring a high profile, a degree of experience, excitement, respect, etc.

Only choice for me.

Craig Levien: .

He will not take any of Romanovs snash.

and the reason why he wont get the job.

siegementality
and the reason why he wont get the job.

That my friend is my whole point. We are not dragging our heels because we want to appoint "the right man" we are dragging our heels, IMO, until Romanov appoints "the right man", his man, so that nothing really changes, expect another "hero" like Rix.

Archived