Zaliukas

jamborich

I think the comment by Der Kaiser sums it all up:

'Hearts star COULD miss Scotland game after cap call snub.

Hearts star COULD feature in Scotland game after cap call snub. '

Obviously they have no idea why he wasn't there and were desperate for something to fill the pages today. Half a story must be better than no story at all.

I've started paying some attention to the comments left on these articles though. Some very troubled people appear to populate the comments sections of the EEN/Scotsman website...it's quite amusing that some are asking why the EEN haven't followed up on the NotW article, I guess even the EEN has some standards.

heartsfc_fan

Anyone know the deal with Zal's contract situation?

Still onloan from Kaunas and contract is up with us in December this year.

Johanes de Silentio

Still onloan from Kaunas and contract is up with us in December this year.

Any ideas on his contract with Kaunas? It was rumoured that he resented being paid a lot less than other players - if it's true that he's gonna be named captain, I'd imagine his loan would be extended beyond December, and if his Kaunas contract is up, I'd imagine he'd maybe look for a better deal.

It is such a nothing story.

Typical EEN i guess

As there is nothing else happening at present it's nice to even see some speculation. I hate these pre season times where very little happens when most of the footballing world has a holiday.

I wonder about his attitude at times

I watched training near the end of the season (never been before)

The guy I was with watches regular and he mentioned to me that all Zal goes on about when he has heard him talking is the amount of time til season is over, only x weeks to go, only Y weeks to go, etc etc and commented that he was wishing the season away. Lo and behold during training a loose ball came towards us and the guy next to me who used to be with the club trapped the ball and zal wandered over for it. This man said "all right Zal how is things" the answer was "ah you know only ** days to go, ask me after that"

Maybe no big deal but we had a lot of young lads training that day and after being warned about his attitude I thought it was lousy from the potential team captain. Up until that I would have given the job to him but dont thinks so now and possibly Darren Barr may be better material. Given he couldnt wait for the season to be over and remember we still had something to play for I am not surprised he didnt turn up for his country although TBF he may have a reason that this article doesnt mention

The guy I was with watches regular and he mentioned to me that all Zal goes on about when he has heard him talking is the amount of time til season is over, only x weeks to go, only Y weeks to go, etc etc and commented that he was wishing the season away. Lo and behold during training a loose ball came towards us and the guy next to me who used to be with the club trapped the ball and zal wandered over for it. This man said "all right Zal how is things" the answer was "ah you know only ** days to go, ask me after that"

Maybe no big deal but we had a lot of young lads training that day and after being warned about his attitude I thought it was lousy from the potential team captain. Up until that I would have given the job to him but dont thinks so now and possibly Darren Barr may be better material. Given he couldnt wait for the season to be over and remember we still had something to play for I am not surprised he didnt turn up for his country although TBF he may have a reason that this article doesnt mention

zal was thinking along the exact same lines as me.

zal was thinking along the exact same lines as me.

Aye fair enough

But would you (or me for that matter) be wishing the season away if the guys on the park were fully focused and having a entertaining and successful season?

Drylaw Hearts

With any luck he'll not turn up for Pre-Season Training with Hearts and he'll get emptied back to FBK.

He's a classic example of a player who thinks he's bigger and better than he really is.

I heard a few similar stories from other people who had spoken to him and there were reports of some very arsey facebook status updates IIRC. Some mentioned that he wasn't just counting down the days til the end of the season, he was literally telling anyone who would listen how desperate he was to get away from us.

I like Zal as a player, I really do. I've also been impressed by his attitude on the pitch as often as I've been disappointed by it. I just have this gut feeling that he's a bit of a flaky basket and isn't the stalwart, Hearts-committed guy that we need as captain. Too many similar stories from too many reliable sources.....

Aye fair enough

But would you (or me for that matter) be wishing the season away if the guys on the park were fully focused and having a entertaining and successful season?

totally get your point. if he is not happy he should not be persuaded to stay past his loan period and jj shouldn`t make him captain.

on the other hand he was maybe just looking forward to going home and seeing his family and now that he has done that he may be champing at the bit for the start of next season.

who knows?

As far as I am aware he has always been "homesick". Not in the sense that he wants to be playing in Lithuania but in the sense that he misses family and friends back home quite badly and returns home at every opportunity.

Perhaps that explains his eagerness to count the days down? I dunno.

He's certainly given the impression to many he's not 100% happy at the club or at living in Edinburgh. I think his own words about remaining were that if the club make him an offer regarding his contract he would look at it.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Obviously they have no idea why he wasn't there and were desperate for something to fill the pages today. Half a story must be better than no story at all.

I've started paying some attention to the comments left on these articles though. Some very troubled people appear to populate the comments sections of the EEN/Scotsman website...it's quite amusing that some are asking why the EEN haven't followed up on the NotW article, I guess even the EEN has some standards.

Hey Red,

Here's a wee insight on the weird and wonderful world of the EEN/Scotsman forums (Sit back and put the slippers on, this is a long weird story) :geek:

A few years ago myself and a few other kickbackers used to post comments on the Hearts stories before we joined JKB, in this time we were then priviledged with the aquaintance of some of the most completely messed up individuals that you could ever hope to never meet... i cannot overstate this point... I mean totaly bonkers, nutty as squirrell poo! There were normal folk on there too, both Hearts and Hibs fans but there were also some of the saddest and quite frankly the most down-right messed up creatures on earth.

Early doors there was 'Mixu 6-2' a childish wee beast whos posts were the equivelent of chimp bashing a keyboard with a manaquin dummy's hand... He used words like "pouch" etc to try and insult folk but was really just almost humorous in his efforts due to the fact that he was clearly 'a little hard of thinking'. minimaly offensive due to lack of brain activity and wits.

Then there was the delightfull 'TommyTommy' this thing was like a dog that sits beside it's owner's armchair while he is talking with friends and barks like crazy trying to join in, even though it has no understanding whatsoever as to what the humans are saying. One of his all time classics was a long post detailing why Hearts were going to go bust 2 years ago because swine-flu was going to keep us all indoors and the lack of revenue at Hearts would mean we were unable to pay our debts... You may think this sounds like someone quite witty trying to come up with a silly story and pretending to believe it but alas... He was deadly serious about this!

Next there was 'SirGay', a creature who needs little introduction for most people on here, but to all but a few of the guys who were regular posters on the EEN back in about 06 onwards, you would be amazed at the real depths of this thing's sadness. He pretended to be a Lithuanian called Sergey Soffranov for eighteen months of his life, he used to post things about the iminent collapse of UKIO and pretend to attend Kaunas games with another poster 'Denis Law' and then between them they would discuss how upset they were with the way Vlad was loaning all FBK's best players to Hearts and talk about unrest at FBK and how they blame Vlad and Hearts. He went on to give his rating of Benniusis, Mendy, etc when they were due to sign and slated them as crap for reasons that to this day still confuse me... i mean this was a full time effort from the guy, he used to spend all day on the forum doing this sort of thing, to what possible purpose or outcome? I really do have no idea. :blink: His other favourite tricks were to 'clone' other people's usernames on the forum by replacing capital lower case 'Ls' with '|s'etc and other sad wee tricks to make a passable copy of the moniker... He used to be able to do it more easily with folk who had spaces in their pseudos, if I remember correctly. When in possension of a passable copy of a pseudo, he would then spend hours pretending to be that poster and posting all sorts of juvenile crap about being disheartened with Hearts and fearing that we are going into admin'... i **** thee not, this guy has gone to some amazing lengths, just to be the saddest little goon on earth... And he is pretty proud of it too. Other 'acheivments' in his roll of honour were to obtain the names and addresses of posters and use bits of them as pseudos on teh EEN forum where he would post under the name of someone's home address or real name. The people who he did this to informed the EEN and teh police i think but the EEN were unwilling to do anything about it and really seemed to care very little. He also made threats to posters who's addresses he had obtained.

then there was 'Riley Hamish' least said about him the better to be honest, he was a cracker and was possibly a little bit disturbed. :blink: Claimed to be a Motherwell supporter but reeked of Hoboishness.

These were just the main loonies and SirGay for one, I quite am sure still posts on there under various different pseudos, like some kind of sad part human virus.

I have not looked on the site in a while but the last time I did it was full of a new generation of weird, semi-literate goons who tread the fine-line between sanity and the nut-farm with all the disregard of zebra wearing freshly cooked bacon undies in lion country.

There were some alright posters to but most of them have jumped ship over to JKB now... As I did. Dunno what happenned to GrahamL though, he was sound, London based Jambo who was pretty on the ball.

Crazy times though and you really had to be there at the time to see just how deranged SirGay actually is... You would not believe it, honestly, I have never encountered anyone even half as pathetic as this guy is and doubt I ever will. :woot:

Lionheart, Vic, Together and Addie will be able to fill you in with more examples of the insanity on that site no doubt but it truly was amazing to see just how mental some folk could be and still maintain the grasp of motor functions needed to use a PC!

Hey Red,

Here's a wee insight on the weird and wonderful world of the EEN/Scotsman forums (Sit back and put the slippers on, this is a long weird story) geek.gif

A few years ago myself and a few other kickbackers used to post comments on the Hearts stories before we joined JKB, in this time we were then priviledged with the aquaintance of some of the most completely messed up individuals that you could ever hope to never meet... i cannot overstate this point... I mean totaly bonkers, nutty as squirrell poo! There were normal folk on there too, both Hearts and Hibs fans but there were also some of the saddest and quite frankly the most down-right messed up creatures on earth.

Early doors there was 'Mixu 6-2' a childish wee beast whos posts were the equivelent of chimp bashing a keyboard with a manaquin dummy's hand... He used words like "pouch" etc to try and insult folk but was really just almost humorous in his efforts due to the fact that he was clearly 'a little hard of thinking'. minimaly offensive due to lack of brain activity and wits.

Then there was the delightfull 'TommyTommy' this thing was like a dog that sits beside it's owner's armchair while he is talking with friends and barks like crazy trying to join in, even though it has no understanding whatsoever as to what the humans are saying. One of his all time classics was a long post detailing why Hearts were going to go bust 2 years ago because swine-flu was going to keep us all indoors and the lack of revenue at Hearts would mean we were unable to pay our debts... You may think this sounds like someone quite witty trying to come up with a silly story and pretending to believe it but alas... He was deadly serious about this!

Next there was 'SirGay', a creature who needs little introduction for most people on here, but to all but a few of the guys who were regular posters on the EEN back in about 06 onwards, you would be amazed at the real depths of this thing's sadness. He pretended to be a Lithuanian called Sergey Soffranov for eighteen months of his life, he used to post things about the iminent collapse of UKIO and pretend to attend Kaunas games with another poster 'Denis Law' and then between them they would discuss how upset they were with the way Vlad was loaning all FBK's best players to Hearts and talk about unrest at FBK and how they blame Vlad and Hearts. He went on to give his rating of Benniusis, Mendy, etc when they were due to sign and slated them as crap for reasons that to this day still confuse me... i mean this was a full time effort from the guy, he used to spend all day on the forum doing this sort of thing, to what possible purpose or outcome? I really do have no idea. blink.gif His other favourite tricks were to 'clone' other people's usernames on the forum by replacing capital lower case 'Ls' with '|s'etc and other sad wee tricks to make a passable copy of the moniker... He used to be able to do it more easily with folk who had spaces in their pseudos, if I remember correctly. When in possension of a passable copy of a pseudo, he would then spend hours pretending to be that poster and posting all sorts of juvenile crap about being disheartened with Hearts and fearing that we are going into admin'... i **** thee not, this guy has gone to some amazing lengths, just to be the saddest little goon on earth... And he is pretty proud of it too. Other 'acheivments' in his roll of honour were to obtain the names and addresses of posters and use bits of them as pseudos on teh EEN forum where he would post under the name of someone's home address or real name. The people who he did this to informed the EEN and teh police i think but the EEN were unwilling to do anything about it and really seemed to care very little. He also made threats to posters who's addresses he had obtained.

then there was 'Riley Hamish' least said about him the better to be honest, he was a cracker and was possibly a little bit disturbed. blink.gif Claimed to be a Motherwell supporter but reeked of Hoboishness.

These were just the main loonies and SirGay for one, I quite am sure still posts on there under various different pseudos, like some kind of sad part human virus.

I have not looked on the site in a while but the last time I did it was full of a new generation of weird, semi-literate goons who tread the fine-line between sanity and the nut-farm with all the disregard of zebra wearing freshly cooked bacon undies in lion country.

There were some alright posters to but most of them have jumped ship over to JKB now... As I did. Dunno what happenned to GrahamL though, he was sound, London based Jambo who was pretty on the ball.

Crazy times though and you really had to be there at the time to see just how deranged SirGay actually is... You would not believe it, honestly, I have never encountered anyone even half as pathetic as this guy is and doubt I ever will. woot.gif

Lionheart, Vic, Together and Addie will be able to fill you in with more examples of the insanity on that site no doubt but it truly was amazing to see just how mental some folk could be and still maintain the grasp of motor functions needed to use a PC!

To be honest, pretty much none of that surprises me in the slightest after seeing for myself and hearing about the extent to which some of the hobo interlopers on here have gone in their attempts. I have no doubt whatsoever that even the majority of people on hibs.net are convinced SirGay is a bonafide lunatic but obviously they're not really in a position to say so. His activities have gone WAY above and beyond anything that could be accepted as a little bit of 'fun'. He's a favourite figure for mickey-taking on here for sure but I genuinely think the guy has some serious psychiatric issues and is best avoided, both in a real sense and a virtual one. Clearly a very strange little man indeed.

The EEN would undoubtedly have no real problem with anything that creates traffic to their comments page, even if it involves having to approve comments that are the work of weirdos and lunatics. The more people click on the page, the better the stats they can show to potential advertisers etc. I'm glad you lot found this place eventually, you're far too normal to be fraternising with that mob of misfits. thumbsup.gif

Guest Bilel Mohsni

To be honest, pretty much none of that surprises me in the slightest after seeing for myself and hearing about the extent to which some of the hobo interlopers on here have gone in their attempts. I have no doubt whatsoever that even the majority of people on hibs.net are convinced SirGay is a bonafide lunatic but obviously they're not really in a position to say so. His activities have gone WAY above and beyond anything that could be accepted as a little bit of 'fun'. He's a favourite figure for mickey-taking on here for sure but I genuinely think the guy has some serious psychiatric issues and is best avoided, both in a real sense and a virtual one. Clearly a very strange little man indeed.

The EEN would undoubtedly have no real problem with anything that creates traffic to their comments page, even if it involves having to approve comments that are the work of weirdos and lunatics. The more people click on the page, the better the stats they can show to potential advertisers etc. I'm glad you lot found this place eventually, you're far too normal to be fraternising with that mob of misfits. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

With any luck he'll not turn up for Pre-Season Training with Hearts and he'll get emptied back to FBK.

He's a classic example of a player who thinks he's bigger and better than he really is.

This.

heartsfc_fan

I actually wouldn't be too sad if Zal was moved on.

Decent defender (usually), but he seems to have too many silly little mistakes in his game and lapses of concentration. The recent 2-1 loss to Celtic at home springs to mind where he mis-judged the ball and it went through to Robbie Keane to score.

A partnership of Barr and Jonsson at the back might be a better proposition? Just a thought.

Not surprised after what happened to Miko last time out against Scotland!!!! From rabid radio presenters, pundits and journos, to SFA and ex-SFA UEFA beaks throwing the toys out the pram against a player who plays in Scotland - every single one of whom was a total hypocrite due to ignoring some unsuccessful referee attempted conning by an ex-Hobo Scotland player, I'd suggest Zal might not be too keen on playing Scotland!

Teuchterjambo

Have to agree Drylaw - no doubt get pelters on here but for me the guy just does not care enough to play for Hearts let alone be captain. I don't think he is tuned in to what it all means and when things go wrong the attitude just seems to be"Oh well then that's that"

Don't think he is fan friendly either, seems to me to show lack of respect. Was he not the guy who was defending Kingston on the infamous GTF Day , Zal was injured and started remonstrating with fans.

Oh - just one other thing - for me he simply not good enough on a regular basis to be at the core of the defence and I would like to see the back of him if we are looking at long term.

I've always thought Zaliukas wasn't a 1st pick for Lithuania anyway.

I'm sure he wasn't picked in a few squads when others who weren't regulars for us were picked. Chesney etc.

Archived