Bednar criticises Hearts again

Ryan Gosling

Guest Dipped Flake

Seems to have summed up the feelings of the majority of jkb posters, nothing too scathing of Hearts but probably has burnt his bridges with us. Pity as he could and should have been a great player for us...

It's just a rehash of the same story from a few weeks ago. To be fair he doesn't really put the boot in. He's only saying what most of us think that our owner is strange in his methods.

Bednar could've been a legend but was too fat and lazy imho.

Seems like a good ploy by the porky one to ensure he never comes back to Tynecastle.

Personally I think its sad, as I believe that a fit, motivated Bednar would be an asset to the side.

bothered! eh!

He has the skill but just a lazy c??t ! Look at chesy, the boy has being frozen out for one year but still comes back on to a game, this idiot would get injuries every fecking week ! TOOL !

What a complete non story and a re hash of what has already been said. Who gives a toss about what he thinks now or what kinda bed he likes

What a complete non story and a re hash of what has already been said. Who gives a toss about what he thinks now or what kinda bed he likes

aye - yer right. there was so little story, they banged on about his bed to pan it out a bit.

bednar is never coming back - good luck to him though down South.

Hans von Luck

Bednar = history, time to move on.

If he dont want to play for us then ****** off wae monkey heid..............

mind the transfer dosh though.

I?d say it was a big indicator for any new regime. If we do appoint a manager, who is responsible for picking the team and has full control, why would he not want to be looking to get Roman back?

I don?t think any of that will happen, but it would definitely show a change in the thinking

Vlad_Knows_Best

"I wasn't in the best of humour in my last weeks at Hearts. The owner of the club doesn't go about things the right way. It was strange there."

If I was him I would be careful what I was saying.

The last player to criticise VR has just started to get a game again after being frozen out.

Romanov could quite easily scupper Bednars plans if he wanted to. He could recall him as he is still a Hearts player and has still a good bit of his contract to see out.

So Roman I would keep it down for nowor you could find yourself sitting in the stand at Tynie mate.

sorry chris if all he said was could see this season coming considering what the circumstances were then hes hardly knocking hearts we were a shambles as for bednar i want him to prosper and a nice jucy TRANSFER FEE fee which the new manger can spend on a defense hopefully or balancing the books at least :rolleyes:

Lazy,whining *****.

Couldn't agree more.

His words would be a lot less hollow if the b'stard actually tried a leg for us.

Despite his obvious talent we're well shot of the lazy caaaaaaaant.

Nelly Terraces

What is the script wi the cash we get for Bedridden?

Some folk have said we'd already agreed a price wi WBA, but is that true or not, hope not and he keeps banging them in, it'll be decent payola for us if he does.

Well said Roman.

Someone pointed out Chesney in one of the posts above. Both are quality players who have seen the loss of a big part of their careers due to Romanov's whimsy and vengeance.

Another re-hash of the same non-story doing the rounds at Christmas time. Not a scathing word in the article from Bednar about Hearts, displeasure at the way things were and are still going yes, but by no means scathing. With the possibility of playing in the premiership looming, is it any wonder he may be trying to work his ticket! Hopefully he goes within the next couple of weeks and we get a nice wee transfer fee in the process.

Seems like a good ploy by the porky one to ensure he never comes back to Tynecastle.

Personally I think its sad, as I believe that a fit, motivated Bednar would be an asset to the side.

What like the rest of the current fit and motivated Hearts side. Hearts have to look no further than Romanov for their current state, their constant meddling an absurb tactics have caused our decline, nothing else.

IF THATS HIS ATTITUDE TOWARDS US... F U C K HIM... HE WAS MINCE FOR US THE LAST TIME I SAW HIM PLAY... COULDN'T RUN FOR ****!:527:

swahilli_hello

"I wasn't in the best of humour in my last weeks at Hearts. The owner of the club doesn't go about things the right way. It was strange there."

Is that because he got a punch in the Vera Lynn from Vlad??

He is intitled to his opinion but I have two things to say:

1. He came out and said he loved the fans. If you love us Roman keep the Hearts niping to the minimum please.

2. We have Andrius Velicka.

All the best in England Roman.

Is that because he got a punch in the Vera Lynn from Vlad??

Vlad should have followed it up with a hefty volley right to his nads :wacko:

He is intitled to his opinion but I have two things to say:

1. He came out and said he loved the fans. If you love us Roman keep the Hearts niping to the minimum please.

2. We have Andrius Velicka.

All the best in England Roman.

1) I think that he loved playing for Hearts in 2005-6 prior to the Romanov/Malofeev management experiments. I am glad that he is telling us all about what has been going on.

2) Velicka couldn't lace Roman's red boots.

Guest JamboRobbo
Well said Roman.

Someone pointed out Chesney in one of the posts above. Both are quality players who have seen the loss of a big part of their careers due to Romanov's whimsy and vengeance.

Spot on

Hope things work out at West Brom Roman or I feel a severe case of Vlad flu awaiting your return to Edinburgh !!

1) I think that he loved playing for Hearts in 2005-6 prior to the Romanov/Malofeev management experiments. I am glad that he is telling us all about what has been going on.

1. We already know that. It looks like changing.

2. There is no point getting into another Velicka agrument.

Commander Harris

While the goings on at hearts certainly did not help Bednar he does have to take some responsibility for the way he played in the last season or so. The management should have been able to get more out of him but Bednar is by no means blameless.

Yeah.

Because as you say, it's Velicka's fault we're 11th!

Yeah.

Because as you say, it's Velicka's fault we're 11th!

It would be interesting to see how many goals Velicka would score for West Brom in the Championship.

Of course Mowbray will never let us see. Wonder why he wanted Bednar and not Velicka?

Well said Roman.

Exactly. Thank feck Chesney's back. Just a pity Roman was already away when Vlad had his 'change of heart' (i.e. accepted he was making a total james hunt of things).

I find the Roman Bednar thing strange. If we were about to sign a player who was playing for the team leading the English Championship and scored about 10 in 12 or whatever it is, we would be creaming ourselvef.

However, we're creaming ourselves to get rid. Things at Hearts really arse about since Vlad took over!

Whether we like it or not the guy has ability and is beginning to show that now. The manegrial situation at Tynecastle wasted the lad and I do wonder how many other players we have wasted because of it, whilst we play or played favourites.

May not be populat but Bednar was a victim of circumstance for me.

There used to be a lot of posts about how Beniusis was going to be a good player for us because he scored 12 in 13 games or something for Kaunas last year ...

It's just a rehash of the same story from a few weeks ago. To be fair he doesn't really put the boot in. He's only saying what most of us think that our owner is strange in his methods.

Bednar could've been a legend but was too fat and lazy imho.

I`m 100% in agreement, and couldn`t have put it any better.

I find the Roman Bednar thing strange. If we were about to sign a player who was playing for the team leading the English Championship and scored about 10 in 12 or whatever it is, we would be creaming ourselvef.

However, we're creaming ourselves to get rid. Things at Hearts really arse about since Vlad took over!

Whether we like it or not the guy has ability and is beginning to show that now. The manegrial situation at Tynecastle wasted the lad and I do wonder how many other players we have wasted because of it, whilst we play or played favourites.

In my opinion Bednar is a really good player. Yes, he is better than Velicka. But not as much as some are making out.

I would have oved to seen Velicka and Bednar up top together in full swing. It would have been sexy to say the least.

He ain't coming back. We are re-signed to it. The only thing bad I have to say about him is that it seems every interview he does he has a dig at us.

Is it dig at us or the way the club is run?

Yeah I suppose. But it is the fact he has said it in just about every interview.

So maybe if he just says that he loves us every once in a while.:biggrin:

a wee point, bednar doesn't criticise us again, ITS A RE- HASH OF THE ORIGINAL that the daily ranger had.

mind he should take care, vlad has a long memory.

pity he wont be back but if he stays at wba, be interesting to see how he performs next season............................:106years::106years::106years:

The thing I find strange about the whole Bednar situation is the fact that when he left the majority just said 'he was a lazy barsteward best to get rid of him' etc.

There were a few who knew his potential and wanted him to stay. But why do the majoriy, who I assume witnessed his performances at the start of the first season, assume it was the player who changed and not the more obvious reason that the circumstances at the club and the tactics employed were the reason for poorer form.

A good player (and he looked top class in the first couple of months of 05/06, our top player IMO) does not become a bad player over night.

A far better footballer than Velicka. Although Velicka is good I think he has found his level, whereas Bednar has the potential to star for his country and in the EPL. I just hope we get a decent price for him.

I don't see what he said wrong, I also don't understand the hostility towards him, Vlad has ruined the morale of the support as well as the players. Playing for Hearts cannot have been an enjoyable experience in the last 18 months and can see why good players looked poor, due to lack of motivation to do well.

Yeah I suppose. But it is the fact he has said it in just about every interview.

So maybe if he just says that he loves us every once in a while.:biggrin:

To be fair i think he did say he loved Edinburgh and the hearts fans. Regarding the interview is it not the same 1 or 2 interviews getting put out over and over again ? Certainly looks that way to me.

bilston angel

Here we are again blaming the players and management that have fallen foul of Vlad , surely they can't all be wrong. I'm not going to list them all again but Chesny is among them also I'm not saying that Bednar's the greatest, but the common denominator is Vlad he appears to have even fell out with Rodney, why can't people just accept that he is the sole reason for the decline of the playing performance of this club by his appointments and interference, yes him alone.

We can only hope he really means what he says now, or we are going nowhere. I have no criticism whatsoever outwith the playing side with Vlad especially keeping Tynecastle in place and sterling work on the commercial side but even he must see that if we're not doing the business on the park all his projections for investment, income and crowds in the improved stadium will not come to fruition.

siegementality

100% agree. Let's see if we sign a player who is as on form and banging in goals at the level Bednar is. Strange logic indeed.

Sheriff Fatman

I would love us to buy a player who is scoring that often in the Championship.

The trouble with Bednar is, we had him for two season, he played 54 games and scored 14 goals. He had ability in bucket loads, trouble is he couldn't or wouldn't use it for us. He can't have been that bothered about the managerial situation at the begining of last season when he signed a long contract with us, so he was quite willing to take the money, but not to do the job.

"That was one of the reasons I accepted the personal terms at West Brom, even though they weren't so good for me,

Why do I get the feeling that once he's got his permanent terms down there he'll stop trying a leg yet again.

Oh and some people are guilty of very much overestimating the standard of defending in the Championship.

Bednar is a great player and with a decent manager would have scored many goals for us. He could have been great,but was ruined by poor management.

He will be kept by Mowbray and bang in the goals in the EPL.

Another player wasted.

We need a good few moved out, and half a dozen good ones brought it.

Then we can be a force again.

Archived