'Ex-Hearts star Driver set to make Scotland debut in August'

makateer

jamboinglasgow

To be fair to Banderson, normally the headline is done by a sub-editor, they have done this before so I think there is a Hibs fan who does this. Think before they have called Bouzid a Hibs player in the headline on the website.

Sterling Archer

Wow...that's pretty bad. Not really surprising though. Or maybe Banderson knows something we don't. :lol:

To be fair to Banderson, normally the headline is done by a sub-editor, they have done this before so I think there is a Hibs fan who does this. Think before they have called Bouzid a Hibs player in the headline on the website.

Correct.

Headlines aren't written by the writer who pens the article.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Correct.

Headlines aren't written by the writer who pens the article.

And, by the same token, most of Banderson's articles are written on here.

Francis Albert

Correct. It is quite common for the Scotsman/EEN headline on a Hearts story to be negative when the content is neutral (or at least less negative than the headline).

Not only is the headline wrong but the story is a pile of balls and nothing more than conjecture from Banderson! It could take years for the 4 nations to re-write the agreement and even if they did change it before Scotland play Sweden in August whats the chances of Driver actually being fit for an International??

Not only is the headline wrong but the story is a pile of balls and nothing more than conjecture from Banderson! It could take years for the 4 nations to re-write the agreement and even if they did change it before Scotland play Sweden in August whats the chances of Driver actually being fit for an International??

Precisely. It smacks of him having to invent a few hundred words for todays paper.

Aye, folk who constantly have a pop at journos on here should at least arm themselves with a modicum of knowledge about how the industry works before ripping in.

no they shouldn`t, if andersons name is credited to the article (including the headline) then until the papers start writing the headline guys name beside the headline, anderson carries the can, the pr1ck.

Rust Cohle

I see The Sun are running a story saying Kingston never attacked the Ghana coach, with a direct quote from a Ghana FA spokesman.

I take it its fair to say the Banderson lifted the original 'story' straight off here then?

As far as the OP goes, why hell do these supposed hubz-supporting subs get away with either 1) blatant piss-taking or 2) huge mistakes?

Its no wonder the EEN is heading down the pan, and here's hoping it takes that King Turd Tom English with it.

Guest Ash Cloud

Wouldnt mind if Driver showed a bit of form for his club first before thinking about his international prospects wherever they may lay tbh get yourself fit and playing well for HMFC driver the rest will surely follow .

Dalstonjambo

Wouldnt mind if Driver showed a bit of form for his club first before thinking about his international prospects wherever they may lay tbh get yourself fit and playing well for HMFC driver the rest will surely follow .

Guess you didn't bother eading the article before laying into driver first then mate?

'"If it does go through then it would give me something to aim for but, having said that, I am not expecting to walk into the team. I have to earn the right to be in the team and that means I have to be playing well at club level."

Guest Ash Cloud

Guess you didn't bother eading the article before laying into driver first then mate?

'"If it does go through then it would give me something to aim for but, having said that, I am not expecting to walk into the team. I have to earn the right to be in the team and that means I have to be playing well at club level."

Yep just on my way out the door couldnt be arsed reading it apologies ..

I was wondering if I had missed something on Saturday...

Walking through the Almondvale centre and I pass a guy wearing a Rangers top with 'DRIVER' on the back...

Perhaps it was his surname... <_<

Didn't the Tartan Army spokesman make it clear that they don't want Driver playing for Scotland?

Bad SFA.

jamboinglasgow

Didn't the Tartan Army spokesman make it clear that they don't want Driver playing for Scotland?

Bad SFA.

Only big countries can afford to have principles.

Bad SFA.

Aye,

Because we have an abundance of pacey direct running forwards, who have a real feeling for the country they have stayed in most of their life.

Was it that prat Hamish Husband by any chance.

Jimmy McNulty

First 10 comments on Scotsman article now removed. Someone has also apologised to Banderson for screwing up the headline.

Archived