Berra

Goncalves

Driver

Stewart

Palazuelos

Cesnauskis

Ksnavicius

Velicka

4-4-1-1 Formation with Audrey off Velicka, as its clear that Pospisil won't play and our options up front are powderpuff to be fair. Think this will be Shaggy's choice too. Thoughts?

Banks

Neilson (unfortunately no option)

Karipidis

Berra

Goncalves

Cesnauskis

Stewart

Palazeulos

Jonsson

Driver

Velicka

I would have Chesney and Driver getting right up against the Hobo's full backs and supporting Velicka with the 3 man midfield allowing them to break forward and give us a very dtrong base especially given the weak defence.

I would personally go for this eleven:

Banks

Neilson

Tall

Berra

Goncalves

Driver

Stewart

Palazuelos

Cesnauskis

Ksnavicius

Velicka

4-4-1-1 Formation with Audrey off Velicka, as its clear that Pospisil won't play and our options up front are powderpuff to be fair. Think this will be Shaggy's choice too. Thoughts?

Is this what you would choose or what you think the team will be? Surely you can't want to see Ksnavicius play for us?

My team in the absence of signings would be

Banks

Neilson-McGowan-Berra-Goncalves

Driver-Stewart-Jonsson-Palazuelos

Chesney

Velicka

Chesney in the hole. Driver on the right. If Nade has been busting his gut in training this week I would play him upfront instead of Velicka. But I doubt he has.

Tall is still injured. Karapidis to play beside Berra.

Fair enough, I actually thought Karapidis played well against Killie, which I think he is capable of, just that he seems to switch off at key times (1st derby; last year at home to the sheep when nicholson scored). Much rather he was CB than RB though - see Robbie thread!! :P

Banks

Thomson

Karapidis

Berra

Goncalves

Driver (right mid)

Stewart

Jonsson

Palazuelos

Cesnauskas

Velicka.

Is this what you would choose or what you think the team will be? Surely you can't want to see Ksnavicius play for us?

Banks

Chesney

Velicka

Chesney in the hole. Driver on the right. If Nade has been busting his gut in training this week I would play him upfront instead of Velicka. But I doubt he has.

That is what i think it will be. I would actually play:

Banks

Neilson

Karapidis (Tall if he was fit)

Berra

Goncalves

Cesny

Stewart

Ruben

Driver

Pospisil

Velicka....

just know that aint gonna happen tho!

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Would like to see:

Banks

Neilson Karipidis Berra Goncalves

Ches Stewart Palazuelos Driver

Velicka Pospisil

Subs: Basso/Kurskis, Wallace, McGowan, Ksanavicius, Jonsson, Miko, Nade

Banks

Thomson

Karapidis

Berra

Goncalves

Driver (right mid)

Stewart

Jonsson

Palazuelos

Cesnauskas

Velicka.

The only problem I have with this team is that it is distinctly a 4-5-1. The reason I say that is because Cesny is a winger and Stew,Jons&Pala are very much centre midfielders so you can guarantee that cesny will not support Velicka as much as you'd like because of the need to cover left mid.

I wish people would stop wanting to see 4411 or 451 being played !

Banks

Neilson

Kara

Berra

Jose

Chesney

Ruben

Eggert

Driver

Velicka

Nade

Would like to see:

Banks

Velicka Pospisil

Same here, best possible team available IMO. :thumb:

Guest JamboRobbo

I think they are just being realistic. Before this season, I doubt many Hearts fans would've been picking 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1.

But as we've all seen this season, that is likely what we'll be doing tomorrow.

The only problem I have with this team is that it is distinctly a 4-5-1. The reason I say that is because Cesny is a winger and Stew,Jons&Pala are very much centre midfielders so you can guarantee that cesny will not support Velicka as much as you'd like because of the need to cover left mid.

That team would rip H*bs a new arsehole. FACT.

:cheese:

I think they are just being realistic. Before this season, I doubt many Hearts fans would've been picking 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1.

But as we've all seen this season, that is likely what we'll be doing tomorrow.

True, i see your point and do agree with it in a way i think i am more hoping that Frail does not go back to 451. Its at Tynecastle and we should attack.

Guest JamboRobbo
True, i see your point and do agree with it in a way i think i am more hoping that Frail does not go back to 451. Its at Tynecastle and we should attack.

Agree. I guess it's all just about personel. I reckon if Frail had 2 strikers he could really rely on, he would go 4-4-2. But IMO, I don't think Frail believes he has the strikers available to do that.....

We don't have the right balance of players in midfield to play 4-4-2 successfully. With only Jonsson as a ballwinner, 4-4-2 puts huge pressure on the defenders. We're also lacking any mobile strikers who put in the work up front - defending from the front - for a 4-4-2.

My view that the reason we have struggled with 4-4-1-1 this year is that the 4 in midfield have often featured 2 lightweight wingers as well as Stewart who is positionally indisciplined. Also we have tried to play the likes of Ksnavicius, Velicka or Elliot in the hole - and none of them are any good there. Chesney's a better footballer than any of them and might do well there.

Banks

Neilson---McGowan---Berra---Goncalves

Stewart---Jonsson---Palazuelos

Cesnauskis-----------------------Driver

Velicka

Banks

Velicka

Is the right set of players. But Driver is a more effective player on the right I think. And Chesney can play in the hole.

Banks

Karipidis

Berra

Goncalves

Cesnauskis

Stewart

Palazeulos

Jonsson

Driver

Velicka

I would have Chesney and Driver getting right up against the Hobo's full backs and supporting Velicka with the 3 man midfield allowing them to break forward and give us a very dtrong base especially given the weak defence.

This should be the team in my opinion. It's basically a 4-5-1 becoming 4-3-3 in attack and as you say pushing right up on the Hibs fudbacks.

Bringing Jonsson back in for Ksnavicius tightens up the midfield and with him sitting alongside Ruben it gives Stewart more licence to go forward.

Ksnavicius's form has dropped in recent weeks and he needs a spot on the bench for a while as I still think he can do a job when called upon.

Is the right set of players. But Driver is a more effective player on the right I think. And Chesney can play in the hole.

But Chesney has never played there in his career, why start now?

Make them swap wings maybe, but that doesn't make any sense. You'd then also have to shift Ruben out to the wing. Just because he's left-footed doesn't mean he'd be good out there.

Banks

Neilson

Karapidis

Berra

Goncalves

Driver

Stewart

Palazuelos

Cesnauskis

Ksnavicius

Velicka

subs from Miko, Wallace, Pospisil, Ivaskevicius, Kurskis, Nade :527:

tommythejambo

Banks

Chesney

Velicka

Nah that wold never work, Chesney is best out wide.

I'd go for:

Banksie

Neilson :(

Berra

Karapidis

Wallace

Chesney

Ruben

Stewart

Driver

Velicka

Nade

But Chesney has never played there in his career, why start now?

Make them swap wings maybe, but that doesn't make any sense. You'd then also have to shift Ruben out to the wing. Just because he's left-footed doesn't mean he'd be good out there.

Yep, I think Chesney could play in the hole. Could find space in the areas where Ronaldinho and Henry do in a left inside forward position too!

Driver on the right wing.

And Ruben on the left of midfield. He has the ability to cross the ball nicely from there.

I am sick of us playing 2 out and out wingers and getting outmuscled in midfield.

Yep, I think Chesney could play in the hole. Could find space in the areas where Ronaldinho and Henry do in a left inside forward position too!

Driver on the right wing.

And Ruben on the left of midfield. He has the ability to cross the ball nicely from there.

I am sick of us playing 2 out and out wingers and getting outmuscled in midfield.

Agreed.

I personally would go for

................Banks

.Neilson Karipidis Berra Goncalves

Cesney Jonsson Palazuelos Driver

..........Velicka Pospisil

but the likely lineup will be

same GK+defence

Cesney Stewart Jonsson Palazuelos Driver

.......................Velicka

Banks

Neilson

Karapidis

Berra

Goncalves

Chesney

Stewart

Jonsson

Driver

Pospisil

Velicka

Get the ball down, get it wide and run at them !!!

Banks

Velicka

Thats the team!, Karapidis in place of McGowan possibly.

Cesny and Driver are the key to us winning tomorrow

Would like to see:

Banks

Velicka Pospisil

spot On ... Pospisil needs to start a game if not then put in Ksanavicius behind Velicka with Stewart sitting deeper and not running around like a headless chicken

Victor Meldrew

I would go for:

Banks

Neilson

Karipidis

Berra

Goncalves

Cesnauskis

Palazuelos

Stewart

Johnson

Driver

Velicka

I think that whilst it is a 4-5-1, it is a team that would allow the LM and RM to push up into auxillary striking roles and put a lot of pressure on the Hobo full-backs.

The other 3 in midfield will be able to cover if the Hobos break.

I like having Driver and Chesney as the wingers, as they can swap sides to torment the Hobo full-backs even more.

Banks

Karipidis

Berra

Goncalves

Cesnauskis

Stewart

Palazeulos

Jonsson

Driver

Velicka

That's the team I'd put out as well.

Playing Driver and Chesney way up top, like a proper 4-3-3

Banks

Neilson

Karapidis

Berra

Goncalves

Driver

Stewart

Palazuelos

Cesnauskis

Ksnavicius

Velicka

Same team as last week. It has to be. ;)

Banks

Karipidis

Berra

Goncalves

Cesnauskis

Stewart

Palazeulos

Jonsson

Driver

Velicka

Spot on!

That is exactly the team I want to see on Saturday.

ust running through this thread and got thinking about Romanov's comments that we lack quality now. If you look at a typical team of 2 years ago, it doesn;t half show how far backwards we have gone. I don't think any of the current lot would get into the team of 2years ago! the one anomoly - ROBBIE?????

A typical team of 2 years ago

Gordon

Neilson

Pressley

Webster

Fyssas

Miko or Cesnauskis

Hartley

Brellier

Skacel

Bednar

Jankauskis

Agree. I guess it's all just about personel. I reckon if Frail had 2 strikers he could really rely on, he would go 4-4-2. But IMO, I don't think Frail believes he has the strikers available to do that.....

I don't think Frail believes he has the strikers available to do that

and he doesn't have the right of mix in MF.....we really do need an out and out ball winner....Jonnson's nearly there but still too similar to Ruben and Stewart (the latter I don't rate anyway) ....we really are missing Kingston so it's better to go with 5 in MF as long as the wide men get forward in support :)

markletissier
Banks

Karipidis

Berra

Goncalves

Cesnauskis

Stewart

Palazeulos

Jonsson

Driver

Velicka

exactly how i see it as well mate. chesney and driver swapping flanks as well would be good. would be nice to see them staying far up as well and allow the centre mids to do all the ball chasing/winning.

Prince Buaben
I would go for:

Banks

Neilson

Karipidis

Berra

Goncalves

Cesnauskis

Palazuelos

Stewart

Johnson

Driver

Velicka

I think that whilst it is a 4-5-1, it is a team that would allow the LM and RM to push up into auxillary striking roles and put a lot of pressure on the Hobo full-backs.

The other 3 in midfield will be able to cover if the Hobos break.

I like having Driver and Chesney as the wingers, as they can swap sides to torment the Hobo full-backs even more.

Spot on there!

Nah that wold never work, Chesney is best out wide.

I'd go for:

Banksie

Neilson :(

Berra

Karapidis

Wallace

Chesney

Ruben

Stewart

Driver

Velicka

Nade

Nope to Wallace, Stewart and Nade ....replace with Goncalves, Jonnson and Audrey. Although Audrey's gone of the boil, he still causes problems and he did set up Chesney's goal last week (although he should have scored with his header last week) :)

Banks

Stewart Jonsson Palazuelos

Cesnauskis Velicka Driver

Driver and Cesnauskis slightly further back obviously.

Banks

Stewart Jonsson Palazuelos

Cesnauskis Velicka Driver

Driver and Cesnauskis slightly further back obviously.

Nah keep them up there and I'll settle for that.

If we are gonna select that team lets play it as a 4-3-3 not 4-5-1, and forget about all this 'player in the hole' pish. That only works if you have Bergkamp or Kaka in your side...and we don't.

Velicka needs support, either tell Cesny and Driver to play as forwards, or play 2 up front.

i was working at heriot watt yesterday and spent a good hour watching the lads train, they had an 11 a side game about 20 mins a half, i'm thinking it was the team 2 play hibs against those not lucky enough to be playing,

i can confirm they did not set out as a 4-4-2

Stewart, Jonsson and Palazuelos are too similar, one of them has to go.

Jonsson on the bench then and same team as last week.

We can drop Ksanavicius for Kingston when Kingston returns but for now, same team as last week.

Edit: Except for Banks, obviously.

i was working at heriot watt yesterday and spent a good hour watching the lads train, they had an 11 a side game about 20 mins a half, i'm thinking it was the team 2 play hibs against those not lucky enough to be playing,

i can confirm they did not set out as a 4-4-2

Why are you posting this?

Stewart, Jonsson and Palazuelos are too similar, one of them has to go.

Jonsson on the bench then and same team as last week.

We can drop Ksanavicius for Kingston when Kingston returns but for now, same team as last week.

Edit: Except for Banks, obviously.

Jonsson last week was a massive miss to the team.

Ksnavicius was absolutely absymal. He shouldn't be near the first team squad.

Banks

Neilson

Kara

Berra

Jose

Chesney

Ruben

Eggert

Driver

Velicka

Nade

I would go for that:)