Kickback performing badly

maltese jambo

maltese jambo

Is anyone else having problems with kickback?

For me it takes ages to sign in, sometimes freezing the computer, takes ages to post a message or see any thread either.

Is it perhaps something to do with all these wee moving ads which are being placed on the site slowing it down?

Is anyone else having problems with kickback?

For me it takes ages to sign in, sometimes freezing the computer, takes ages to post a message or see any thread either.

Is it perhaps something to do with all these wee moving ads which are being placed on the site slowing it down?

What browser are you using? Are other sites slow as well?

All working at normal speed here.

Pretty quick for me.

Using Firefox.

Saying that, now and again it goes slow, but I think thats when I have Photoshop and Illustrator open.

maltese jambo

IE7 its taking absolutly ages...speed is 2mb i think... i was on a 256K in Malta and thought perhaps it was just the speed thats making it slow, but now on 2mb and its exactly the same if not worse

earlier on, i had the new flashy ads hanging on screen when i clicked a thread link.

Presumed it was meant..

Guest GhostHunter

maltese jambo
IE7 is your problem.

Download firefox.

Click on the Firefox button on the main index page in the Suggestions Forum description.

Trust me - I'm a webmaster.

:)

had firefox and thought it was crap. the problem seems to be those annoying ads hanging...pitty.

Meh.

You mean it's not working for you ?

:welldone:

Nah it is, I was just advising the OP that if he wanted it to be mega fast, Fasterfox is definitely definitely 100% guaranteed to be allowed on Kickback.

:cool:

Guest GhostHunter

The "wee ads" help keep Kickback running...coupled with sub money, we should be able to improve JKB even further in the very near future.

I have just installed Firefox and I have to say Kickback is like night and day. A lot lot faster!

Dirk Diggler
I have just installed Firefox and I have to say Kickback is like night and day. A lot lot faster!

As have I.

It is quicker.

The one difference I notice with firefox is when I'm scrolling down a page, That seems to be slower.

Is that common?

:confused:

Dirk Diggler

Also, How do I go about swapping from Firefox to IE and vice versa?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Also, How do I go about swapping from Firefox to IE and vice versa?

Any help would be much appreciated.

I think there's a FF add-on that allows you to view IE only web pages through FF but i can't find it (although i've not really looked that hard).

I just have both icons on my desktop and use FF as a default and IE as required.

The "wee ads" help keep Kickback running...coupled with sub money, we should be able to improve JKB even further in the very near future.

Will these improvements include Fasterfox? ;)

Archived