zal staying

menstrie1874

It will be great news if he stays as he is the best centre back in the SPL, bar none. :thumbsup:

So are you happy or not we've signed bar?

I think everyone is reading too much into this.

Zaliukas is pretty much desperate to leave once his contract runs out at the end of this year. I'd be very surprised if he signed a long term extension although maybe he could be persuaded into signing on for another six months so we have him for all of next season.

If this is true and he is treated like other players towards the end of their contracts we should have seen him play his last game for the club.

ok then do that name the central defenders who are worse than him.

Sol Bamba, Chris Hogg, Paul Hanlon, Darren Dods, Jered Ifil, Andrew Considine, Josh Thompson, Darren O'Dea, Brian McLean, Tam Scobbie, Simon Ford, Dave Mackay, Graham Gartland, Chris Innes, Lee Mair, John Potter and since they blend into the crowd with the rest of their teammates, I'll go for any centre half at Hamilton as well.

Debateable are Gary Kenneth, Darren Barr, Zander Diamond, Frazer Wright, the two Celtic lads that nobody has seen play because of injury and (don't laugh, he's been awesome since signing in January) Michael Duberry.

Better I'd say were David Weir, Madjid Bougherra, Danny Wilson, Andy Webster, Mark Reynolds.

Sol Bamba, Chris Hogg, Paul Hanlon, Darren Dods, Jered Ifil, Andrew Considine, Josh Thompson, Darren O'Dea, Brian McLean, Tam Scobbie, Simon Ford, Dave Mackay, Graham Gartland, Chris Innes, Lee Mair, John Potter and since they blend into the crowd with the rest of their teammates, I'll go for any centre half at Hamilton as well.

Debateable are Gary Kenneth, Darren Barr, Zander Diamond, Frazer Wright, the two Celtic lads that nobody has seen play because of injury and (don't laugh, he's been awesome since signing in January) Michael Duberry.

Better I'd say were David Weir, Madjid Bougherra, Danny Wilson, Andy Webster, Mark Reynolds.

way better than average then

Hannibal Lecter

Wasn't very fussed with him when we signed him at first but he's grown on me. On his day he can be a pretty solid defender so I'm pleased that he's staying.

Be interesting to see where Bamba and Zaliukas both end up.

Charlie-Brown

Maybe we should have classes on reading and comprehension? :) I too happen to think Zaliukas will stay next season beyond his loan deal IF Jefferies wants to keep him AND IF Romanov doesn't have somebody lined up to buy him but there is no quotes in the article in the OP that confirm Zaliukas will be staying next season, all he says is Hearts players and management are determined to get back into Europe as soon as possible.

flecktimus

AMAZING NEWS. I look forward to more absolutely diabolical mistakes like Sunday.

This

Your question only asked for 2 and I gave you 2. The fact they both play for us is a good thing.

His mistake for the first goal on sunday was typical of him. As long as he does that as regularly as he does he will never be better than average.

Although this boy has improved of late imho- if he continues to give away cheap goals then how long do we give him?????

m Sure JJ will know. :whistling:

Great header of a ball which surely has to be a pre-requisite of a CH.......although Pressley somehow got by whilst being one of the poorest headers of a ball I've ever seen :ninja:

What's bar like on the deck though?

Assuming he gets an early start then maybe he and Zal can sort out some kind of tag game where Zal mops up most of the high stuff while Barr keeps it tight on the deck. and we dont have any feck ups like Sunday :angry:

Farquar Hoffe

I like Zal, if nothing for the fact that he is completely batshit mental.

Love it - couldn't agree with this statement more! :lol:

He does have his moments though - I can think of a few occasions this season when he has cost us a goal (Sunday) due to poor clearances or his usal speciality of high studs! Hope JJ can iron out these wee issues as I rate him overall.

Deffo more vocal as a captain than MS ever was, you can hear him communicating with the whole team throughout every match.

Archived