zal staying

menstrie1874

I got the feeling also after reading that, so hopefully a deal will be reached before his loan runs out in dec.

Johanes de Silentio

Solid centre back when he pays attention - hopefully JJ can iron out the rough edges!

Frankenstein Jambo.

Meh, we could do alot worse but we could do alot better also.

If this happens then I see a center back pairing of Zal and McGowan next season. Bouzid has alot of proving and dawid is just awful

So.....

Kello

C.Thomson - Zal - McGowan - Wallace.

Seems solid enough on paper.

If this happens then I see a center back pairing of Zal and McGowan next season. Bouzid has alot of proving and dawid is just awful

So.....

Kello

Would you stick Barr on the bench or put him out on loan then? :blink:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

So.....

Kello

Whit, no Barr? <_<

So.....

Kello

if hearts are relatively injury free next year i reckon craig thomson will feature more as a midfielder.

I like Zal, if nothing for the fact that he is completely batshit mental.

ROFL, he's as crazy as a coconut. :lol:

ROFL, he's as crazy as a coconut. :lol:

imo he is as mad as a march hare but glad he seems to be staying put.

Ooooh my turn, he's...

Nutty as squirrel poo!

as sexy as a bitch

is that it?

The Treasurer

Would you stick Barr on the bench or put him out on loan then? :blink:

Don't worry with a user name of "I like Michael Stewart" he clearly knows the square root of feck all about football tongue.gif

Guest Bilel Mohsni

as sexy as a bitch

is that it?

One good sneeze away from needing a bike helmet for the house.

Fantastic news. :thumbsup:

I have to say that IMHO this news is a good as the leaving of Campbell Ogilvie is bad

shooper news.

i like it that he's more barking than crufts.

big zal for captain please.

thank you.

hope he does. improving all the time.

At this rate he might be average in about 5 years.

Marty McFly

its always good to have a complete raging psycho in your squad.... i think......

I like Zal so glad he will be here next season :)

Terrific news. :thumbsup:

He's one of our best players.

This shows how far standards have slipped. He's decent, not anything to be pulling your pudding in a frenzy of joy over.

At this rate he might be average in about 5 years.

would you care to mention 2 spl central defenders (outwith the old firm) who are better than zal?

Guest JamboRobbo

would you care to mention 2 spl central defenders (outwith the old firm) who are better than zal?

As a starter for 10, you've got Eggert Jonsonn and Lee Wallace, neither of whom are even centre halves by trade.

Winston Ingram

Given his contract situation, suffice to say it wont be Zaliukas who decides whether he is here beyond August!!

Outwith the OF, I agree anyone will struggle to name one defnitely and obviously better. Darren Barr maybe! Does Webster count? United fans would tell you Kenneth. None of them are conclusively better though though - imo anyway

I like big Zal and will be happy if he sticks around.

Eggart Jonsson and Darren Barr

As a starter for 10, you've got Eggert Jonsonn and Lee Wallace, neither of whom are even centre halves by trade.

and will be better deployed in different positions so your starter for 10 score 0. next!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

AMAZING NEWS. I look forward to more absolutely diabolical mistakes like Sunday.

Eggart Jonsson and Darren Barr

oh well if they are the only two zal will surely be ok for back up. holy smoke!

Outwith the OF, I agree anyone will struggle to name one defnitely and obviously better. Darren Barr maybe! Does Webster count? United fans would tell you Kenneth. None of them are conclusively better though though - imo anyway

I like big Zal and will be happy if he sticks around.

webster doesn`t count last season over and he is now a fully fledged hun. kenneth a decent player though.

webster doesn`t count last season over and he is now a fully fledged hun. kenneth a decent player though.

cheers - wasn't sure the rules. Point proven i think though John.

He does make mistakes, but to be honest, if he didn't he wouldnt be at Hearts as other than his concentration he has everything in the locker to be better than our level. If he can just cut them out which he did for a while until the last couple of shaky games, then we have a top CH in the team and one that could make us a wee bit cash if we get him signed up.

Can concentration be coached? I genuinely don't know!

This season has been quite injury laden for Zal so hopefully next year will be his defining one.

oh well if they are the only two zal will surely be ok for back up. holy smoke!

Your question only asked for 2 and I gave you 2. The fact they both play for us is a good thing.

His mistake for the first goal on sunday was typical of him. As long as he does that as regularly as he does he will never be better than average.

Your question only asked for 2 and I gave you 2. The fact they both play for us is a good thing.

His mistake for the first goal on sunday was typical of him. As long as he does that as regularly as he does he will never be better than average.

Can only agree with that really but i do think he has cut down on the mistakes this season and has been pretty dependable when needed and fit. Around the time when JJ came to the club, Zal was playing almost single-handedly at times - think of the ST M semi final when he was immense but surrounded by mince.

Sunday's was what I'd call classic-Zal rather than the modern-day version! It ain't easy as a centre half when your partner in there is different every week and this season I'd say Zal has played with maybe 5 different CH partners (plus 3 different goallies). ofcourse he still has to concentrate on his own game for 90 mins but my point is i think he'd be helped by a season with one partner and one goallie as would any defender/defence

Like everything at Hearts just now (in a good way for once!) let's wait and see!

Guest JamboRobbo

and will be better deployed in different positions so your starter for 10 score 0. next!

Darren Barr. Gary Kenneth. Andy Webster. Mark Reynolds. Another 4.

It might be quicker trying to name the centre halves who are worse than him to be honest. :D

fair do's what i see is a better than average defender who has made some silly mistakes.

It might be quicker trying to name the centre halves who are worse than him to be honest. :D

You might have nailed it there -i do like Reynolds. Mind you Motherwell have shipped some goals recently!

Still not cut and dry better than Zal imo though. Maybe better as with Kenneth.

You might have nailed it there -i do like Reynolds. Mind you Motherwell have shipped some goals recently!

reynolds is off to psv eindhoven

I think everyone is reading too much into this.

Zaliukas is pretty much desperate to leave once his contract runs out at the end of this year. I'd be very surprised if he signed a long term extension although maybe he could be persuaded into signing on for another six months so we have him for all of next season.

Guest JamboRobbo

Frazer Wright. :whistling:

ok then do that name the central defenders who are worse than him.

Guest JamboRobbo

ok then do that name the central defenders who are worse than him.

I'm struggling. This may take a while. :D

I would be careful about immediately naming the United centre half partnership that conceded one more goal than us this season.

Although there is of course no doubt Andy Webster is a better centre half but once Webster goes I fully expect Kenneth to revert back to form of previous seasons, the boy's a huddy.

I'm struggling. This may take a while. :D

anyway i like him i think he is improving and think the good already outweighs the bad. he was a midfielder (where mistakes are less obvious and damaging) and i think he will continue to improve next season. and he is absolutely stark raving bonkers which is a good thing as the club needs characters.

Archived