That tackle at Wenblry

269miles

If anyone hasn't seen it yet , here's a Youtube link to both red cards.

The second one is a shocker and I wouldn't be surprised to see the perpetrator getting sued in the courts. GBH.

The Future's Maroon

I didnt even know about these red cards...the first I dont think is a deliberate bad challenge....as for the second...OUCH, horrible!

The second one is a shocker and I wouldn't be surprised to see the perpetrator getting sued in the courts. GBH.

I doubt it'd get very far, but I can see where you're coming from. Horrible.

Guest GhostHunter

Ouch.

BORO striker Charlie Griffin is set to undergo surgery later this week to repair his fractured cheekbone and broken nose.

Griffin underwent CT scans on Saturday night before being released from hospital on Sunday morning with doctors wanting the swelling to go down before they operate.

The challenge by Robin Hulbert on Griffin incensed Boro with manager Graham Westley saying there is no place in football for that kind of challenge.

"The boys, they're not a bunch of lads who would moan or complain lightly," the Boro boss said afterwards.

"Bostwick's got a bust nose, I think the same boy cracked him with an elbow, so he's thrown one at Bostwick and thrown one at Griffin and if it's as bad as they say, the lads in there are horrified about it, then I don't think it's got any place in football.

"Knowing the lads, if they're moaning about it must have been pretty horrific.

"We talk about the Respect Campaign, players should be respecting the game, respecting each other and I think if they're showing that sort of violence towards each other there's no place for it.

"The boy concerned (Hulbert), I do think he needs to take a look at himself."

Westley did feel however that Hulbert's indiscretion shouldn't take away from Barrow enjoying their victory.

"I think they, rightly as a football club, should enjoy winning the Trophy. They've worked very hard, scored two very good goals and should enjoy winning the Trophy.

"It's not easy to win any competition and it's a fantastic achievement.

Archived