What will be the outcome of the General Election

Geoff Kilpatrick

What will the outcome of the Election be?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome of the Election be?

• Conservative majority greater than 20
    • Conservative majority 1-20
    • Conservative minority government
    • Conservative - Liberal Democrat coalition (Cameron/Other PM)
    • Conservative - Other coalition
    • Labour majority greater than 20
    • Labour majority 1-20
    • Labour minority government
    • Labour - Liberal Democrat coalition (Brown/Other PM)
    • Labour - Other coalition
    • Liberal Democrat majority 1-20
    • Liberal Democrat 1-20
    • Liberal Democrat minority government
    • Liberal Democrat - Other coalition (Clegg/Other PM)
    • No agreement and 2nd election

Commander Harris

surprisingly decent result for labour in Sunderland Central.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i love the fact that the whole election is being drawn from the microcosm of this sceptred isle that is sunderland.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

?with regards to turnout: ?the 2 sunderland results so far are very safe labour seats, it's not a surprise that turnout isn't huge but it's certainly up a lot and I think in other more marginal seats we'll actually see a very large turnout. ??

True. Be interesting to see the turnout on the marginal seats.

Was that Baddiel? He looks ****ed, IMO.

Mariella Frostrup looking fit.....

...and Esther Rantzen looking like herself. ninja.gif

Never mind those old boots. What about Emily on the swing-o-meter on the BBC?

Outstanding.

It's been predicted to be one of the lowest turn outs ever has it not? Think the relationships between politician and Joe Bloggs is at an all time low really and how tough is it to choose between the 3 diddies leading the parties?

Looks like Labour are in for a shafting here. Let's hope we don't regret this over the next couple of years.

Oh we will..if it happens. You'll always have a choice if it does.

surprisingly decent result for labour in Sunderland Central.

So far, Labour have had the biggest relative losses where they've had the biggest vote share. Overall, they're down about one-sixth, which suggests they could poll 29-30% nationally. The Liberal Democrats have increased their vote share by 0.2% in the three seats that have declared so far.

i love the fact that the whole election is being drawn from the microcosm of this sceptred isle that is sunderland.

A microcosm of this sceptred isle full of speedy paper shufflers though.?

And there's Nick Griffin arriving - did they?really?say he thinks he's in with a very good chance of winning his seat? How depressing is that... ? :yucky:

Loads of folk not been able to vote, voting times extended past the time when the exit pole was announced. Shambles.

To be fair though, they've had since 7 this morning to get their erse down ffs. Some bint was saying how 'undemocratic' it was. A bit of common sense wouldn't go a miss hen.

The Liberal Democrats have increased their vote share by 0.2% in the three seats that have declared so far.

what seat was thebig.feller working in?

The Mighty Thor

And there's Nick Griffin arriving - did they?really?say he thinks he's in with a very good chance of winning his seat? How depressing is that... ? :yucky:

He's got no chance.

Commander Harris

And there's Nick Griffin arriving - did they?really?say he thinks he's in with a very good chance of winning his seat? How depressing is that... ???:yucky:

they did. ?interesting to hear DD telling it like it ; "any party of that ilk, with racist views"

Indeed. Seem to remember a high proportion of windowlickers descending on Edinburgh for the pre-season friendly last year!

Incidentally, if we end up run by a coalition of Tories and NI Unionists then I'm on the first plane out of here!

The Mighty Thor

what seat was thebig.feller working in?

Islington i think?

The Old Tolbooth

What I want to know is, how the hell do the people of Sunderland count quicker than the rest of the UK? :unsure:

Tommy Wiseau

Never mind those old boots. What about Emily on the swing-o-meter on the BBC?

Outstanding.

She's no Pete Snow. I miss him more than he could ever know.

_42835449_swingometer_bbc_203.jpg

Admittedly, Emily Maitlis does wear a skirt a little better, though...

they did. ?interesting to hear DD telling it like it ; "any party of that ilk, with racist views"

I like Dimbers. He's a tough old cookie. If Griffin wins his seat I may actually vomit though.

The rest of the paper shufflers seriously need to get their collective finger out, I'm sick of predictions.

What I want to know is, how the hell do the people of Sunderland count quicker than the rest of the UK? :unsure:

They have kids running with ballot boxes to the polling station JM. You would have known that had you me a friend on facebook ;)

Islington i think?

Islington & South Finsbury. Apparently police were called to a polling station in the constituency because of trouble involving people being prevented from voting. :eek:

Commander Harris

hmm, we've only really seen results where the swing has been between labour and conservatives. ?

will be interesting to see what kind of swing we get in seats where it's lib dems vs conservatives or lib dems vs labour. ?

Islington & South Finsbury. Apparently police were called to a polling station in the constituency because of trouble involving people being prevented from voting. :eek:

Reports of a gentleman in a norwich shirt wielding a bottle of bucky appear unsubstantiated atm.

The Mighty Thor

The Old Tolbooth

They have kids running with ballot boxes to the polling station JM. You would have known that had you me a friend on facebook ;)

Ha ha, I see!!

Well what you waiting on woman!! :D

portobellojambo1

It may not be a bad thing to be honest when I think about it, because the country is so completely fecked as it stands right now that whatever party gets in would need an absolute miracle to repair the damn place, so whoever gets in will have absolutely no chance of winning the next election anyway and it could see this years winners out of office for a minimum of ten years. (if that makes sense)

Sunderland central coming up and expected to be very close, you can see the posh Tory boy fretting a bit :D

Indeed John, and I reckon people may well vote on which party they think are most likely to make hard decisions. I don't think we are on our way out of recession, in fact I'm not convinced we've reached rock bottom yet. Some difficult decisions will have to be taken, can see massive job losses in the public sector for example, we need to stop haemorrhaging money somehow. People will vote based on whether they think Labour or Conservative would be willing to do what is needed and willing to take the decisions needed ( and at this stage it isn't a case of getting us, the country, back on track its which party will not get us into even deeper sh*t).

Shaun's broke the election. :verymad:

I'm watching it on channel 4.

I'm almost forgetting its about politics. Makes it so much more watchable when you ignore the actual topic. :whistling:

The Old Tolbooth

Indeed John, and I reckon people may well vote on which party they think are most likely to make hard decisions. I don't think we are on our way out of recession, in fact I'm not convinced we've reached rock bottom yet. Some difficult decisions will have to be taken, can see massive job losses in the public sector for example, we need to stop haemorrhaging money somehow. People will vote based on whether they think Labour or Conservative would be willing to do what is needed and willing to take the decisions needed ( and at this stage it isn't a case of getting us, the country, back on track its which party will not get us into even deeper sh*t).

Cant disagree with any of that Iain, I also think we're not at the bottom of the pit yet as far as recession goes, far from it!

On another note, is anyone else getting sick of seeing that torn faced bint moaning about not getting a vote because she turned up at 4pm, 6pm, 8pm and then again at 9pm but didn't fancy waiting in the queue? Tough shiiit lady, you should have stayed and queued when you had the chance, to all others who missed out, the polling stations were open from 7am to 10pm, a whole 15 hours, that's ample time imo!!!

Ha ha, I see!!

Well what you waiting on woman!! :D

Sorted that for you. I'm fond of your missus I don't like asking blokes but I know we're all pals :)

The Mighty Thor

Did Joan Collins vote for Pitt the younger in her first election?

JOAN COLLINS? A Tory? Fancy... ? :laugh:

2hrs 15mins in and we have 3 poxy seats declared. Nowt happening so we're listening to sloshed historians and actors who have come along for the jolly...great....

Commander Harris

JOAN COLLINS? A Tory? Fancy... ? :laugh:

2hrs 15mins in and we have 3 poxy seats declared. Nowt happening so we're listening to sloshed historians and actors who have come along for the jolly...great....

you in for the long haul??

portobellojambo1

Are there any results due in, I need to go to bed soon, I'm back up for work in about 5 hours.

you in for the long haul??

I'm camped out with the slanket for now but I can't see me lasting too long - serves me right for having a late night yesterday. Determined to stick it out for a while yet though. Caffeine on the go as we speak... ?

Denny Crane

Four-times married Joan Collins pontificating on the family!!!? :rolleyes:

The Mighty Thor

Are there any results due in, I need to go to bed soon, I'm back up for work in about 5 hours.

I'm sure the BBC said the first marginal was due in around 12.30-12.45

Cant disagree with any of that Iain, I also think we're not at the bottom of the pit yet as far as recession goes, far from it!

On another note, is anyone else getting sick of seeing that torn faced bint moaning about not getting a vote because she turned up at 4pm, 6pm, 8pm and then again at 9pm but didn't fancy waiting in the queue? Tough shiiit lady, you should have stayed and queued when you had the chance, to all others who missed out, the polling stations were open from 7am to 10pm, a whole 15 hours, that's ample time imo!!!

I left the house at 9:43 pm, went to the polling station, voted and was home by 9:53 pm. Why all the crazy queues?

Commander Harris

Four-times married Joan Collins pontificating on the family!!!???:rolleyes:

she's so keen on the family she's had 5. ?

JOAN COLLINS? A Tory? Fancy... laugh.gif

And a particularly obnoxious one at that.

Something has to start happening soon. The only thing preventing me from raiding the booze cupboard is the knowledge that I'll fall asleep if I start drinking - quite fancy doing an all-nighter and drifting my way through work tomorrow.

The Old Tolbooth

Sorted that for you. I'm fond of your missus I don't like asking blokes but I know we're all pals :)

Only the missus?? :unsure:

:D

Anyway, bed time for me, I cant be arsed listening to the pompous marble eaters speaking tosh on the box much longer with no results looking like coming in.

It was ever thus. Expect most of the action between 1 and 2.

greens are claiming brighton. apparently the pink vote has gone green. chortle chortle.

Denny Crane

I left the house at 9:43 pm, went to the polling station, voted and was home by 9:53 pm. Why all the crazy queues?

Probably because of a lesser crowd volume given that the election that has more significance to those in Scotland takes place next year?

Denny Crane

greens are claiming brighton. apparently the pink vote has gone green. chortle chortle.

They should have bagged up! :D

And a particularly obnoxious one at that.

Something has to start happening soon. The only thing preventing me from raiding the booze cupboard is the knowledge that I'll fall asleep if I start drinking - quite fancy doing an all-nighter and drifting my way through work tomorrow.

No way I'd make it through the day after an all-nighter but I could probably survive it on around 4-5 hours kip. I'll see what happens after 1am and decide whether to hit the cafetiere or my bed. May have to resort to nipping myself soon though....

It was ever thus.??Expect most of the action between 1 and 2.

I hope so. This is painfully boring.

Anyone for Hangman? ? :yawn:

Denny Crane

David Cameron filmed popping into Shaun's local. Poor sod. :whistling:

Probably because of a lesser crowd volume given that the election that has more significance to those in Scotland takes place next year?

Sorry, should have said I live in Bristol - and it's a possible 3 way marginal.

Bloody hell. Just flashed up on the breaking news thingy that Labour reckon around 600 people were turned away from a polling station in Chester.?

Archived