What will be the outcome of the General Election

Geoff Kilpatrick

What will the outcome of the Election be?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome of the Election be?

• Conservative majority greater than 20
    • Conservative majority 1-20
    • Conservative minority government
    • Conservative - Liberal Democrat coalition (Cameron/Other PM)
    • Conservative - Other coalition
    • Labour majority greater than 20
    • Labour majority 1-20
    • Labour minority government
    • Labour - Liberal Democrat coalition (Brown/Other PM)
    • Labour - Other coalition
    • Liberal Democrat majority 1-20
    • Liberal Democrat 1-20
    • Liberal Democrat minority government
    • Liberal Democrat - Other coalition (Clegg/Other PM)
    • No agreement and 2nd election

Malinga the Swinga

If Brown had a shred of decency, he would resign tomorrow and never be seen again, but then again, he has no decency and would sell his family for a vote.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prediction is for a hung parliament, based on the exit polls

Conservatives 307

Labour 255

Liberal Democrats 59

Others 29

Personally think exit polls are a waste of time, any time I've been asked who I voted for I say something completely opposite from the truth.

I reckon the Tories could live with that. It would be a shockingly bad result for the Lib Dems given the exposure they have received. If they don't make some kind of breakthrough now, they never will.

If Brown had a shred of decency, he would resign tomorrow and never be seen again, but then again, he has no decency and would sell his family for a vote.

He'll be dragged out in a coffin if there's no majority. No chance he'll give up power with any other trick up his sleeve.

I reckon the Tories could live with that. It would be a shockingly bad result for the Lib Dems given the exposure they have received. If they don't make some kind of breakthrough now, they never will.

Well clearly the game is up for Brown. That is one thing to celebrate.

Exit polls are not at all what I would have expected but I'm told they're often a load of crap.?

And jam tartan, they're also predicting a win for Strang in Edinburgh East....

Well clearly the game is up for Brown. That is one thing to celebrate.

Not if Cameron gets in though. For what it's worth, I don't trust the exit polls, I can't see the Lib Dem share of the vote and seats being as low as currently predicted.

The Old Tolbooth

The removal company will be calling at 10 Downing Street tomorrow to assist our hapless, useless PM to move out. Good riddance. :verymad:

To be replaced by another hapless, useless PM who moves in and makes the country even worse, I can hardly wait :unsure:

Conservatives 307

Labour 255

Liberal Democrats 59

Others 29

Personally think exit polls are a waste of time, any time I've been asked who I voted for I say something completely opposite from the truth.

Any vote share numbers to go with the seat estimates?

On a non-political note, Nicola Sturgeon's wig is looking particularly well coiffed this evening.

The Real Maroonblood

To be replaces by another hapless, useless PM who moves in and makes the country even worse, I can hardly wait :unsure:

What a thought. It's time to go on Hibs net to cheer myself up.

:thumbsup:

The Old Tolbooth

What a thought. It's time to go on Hibs net to cheer myself up.

:thumbsup:

Sounds like a plan! :thumbsup:

That would be a truly astonishing outcome. If the Lib Dems end up with a lower percentage of the vote than last time, I'll be tempted to eat any sort of hat I'm offered. I'm expecting a dip for Labour and the SNP and an increase for the Tories and Lib Dems.

Prior to the election being called, the Liberal Democrats were polling a lot less than 22% in Scottish opinion polls. Some polls in February and March had them on 12-14%.

http://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/index.html?polls_scot.html

The Mighty Thor

Conservatives 307

Labour 255

Liberal Democrats 59

Others 29

I don't think the exit polls will be a million miles away although the number of postal votes must be a factor these days.

FTR I'd agree with your last comment.

Rick Grimes

Exit polls are not at all what I would have expected but I'm told they're often a load of crap.?

And jam tartan, they're also predicting a win for Strang in Edinburgh East....

the exit poll is likely to be massively off due to the boundary changes down south. the historical data they'd normally use is no longer valid, so its serious guesswork at best.

Strang - exactly what I expected - as I said, I want a high %age LD vote across the country to push the case for electoral reform.

worst case in my eyes, the Tories up their numbers slightly to make a small majority govt, with or without support from NI.

best case, they drop below 300 seats. as it stands the Lib Dems & Labour don't have enough between them to get over 326.

i'm pessimistic.

Nelly Terraces

Male High Finance genitalia sucker Cameron won't get an overall majority = MASSIVE FAILURE for the tories.

Top banana.

1-0 Labour. Bridgette Phillipson pops up at the back post and scores.

the exit poll is likely to be massively off due to the boundary changes down south.??the historical data they'd normally use is no longer valid, so its serious guesswork at best.

Strang - exactly what I expected - as I said, I want a high %age LD vote across the country to push the case for electoral reform.

worst case in my eyes, the Tories up their numbers slightly to make a small majority govt, with or without support from NI.

best case, they drop below 300 seats. as it stands the Lib Dems & Labour don't have enough between them to get over 326.

i'm pessimistic.

Thing is, Gavin Strang isn't a candidate anymore.... ?:biggrin:

It's Sheila Gilmore.?

Houghton & Sunderland South goes to Labour.

Rick Grimes

It's Sheila Gilmore.?

d'oh :laugh:

whatever the red monkey is called....

The Mighty Thor

It's Sheila Gilmore.?

Aye but LAbour vote down 12%, Tory vote +5%, Lib dems -1%

Rick Grimes

Aye but LAbour vote down 12%, Tory vote +5%, Lib dems -1%

where are you seeing seat specific predictions?

The Mighty Thor

where are you seeing seat specific predictions?

That was on BBC 1's main programme, not the shortbread tin version on BBC 1 Scotland

Rick Grimes

ah, am skipping between the main one, scotland & channel 4

The Mighty Thor

some very interesting stories breaking of hundreds of people being locked out of polling stations in England and other polling stations running out of ballot papers!

Ehhhhh quite remarkable

some very interesting stories breaking of hundreds of people being locked out of polling stations in England and other polling stations running out of ballot papers!

Ehhhhh quite remarkable

Holy moly. What on earth is that all about? It's ridiculous in this day and age.

heartsfc_fan

Ehhhhh quite remarkable

I was just about to post the same thing.

Makes you wonder why the lazy barstewards didn't vote earlier :rolleyes:

I went at 5:40pm (you'd think that time would be busy with folk coming from their 9-5 job to vote). No queue. Straight in there, and out within 1 minute.

If you want the national story try BBC 2, that's where I'm getting it.

The exit poll has changed a little - now showing CON 305, LAB 255, LD 61, OTH 29.

The Mighty Thor

I was just about to post the same thing.

Makes you wonder why the lazy barstewards didn't vote earlier :rolleyes:

I went at 5:40pm (you'd think that time would be busy with folk coming from their 9-5 job to vote). No queue. Straight in there, and out within 1 minute.

I went in to my polling station about 9.30am and you were almost overpowered by the reek of overflowing colostomy bags as the coffin dodgers done the pension and voting in a oner.

If you want the national story try BBC 2, that's where I'm getting it.

The exit poll has changed a little - now showing CON 305, LAB 255, LD 61, OTH 29.

That's what I'm watching too. Had a wee chuckle at the Sunderland Rain Man comments. That's another Mackem seat coming up in a few minutes...they're counting up a storm in the north east.

Nelly Terraces

I went in to my polling station about 9.30am and you were almost overpowered by the reek of overflowing colostomy bags as the coffin dodgers done the pension and voting in a oner.

Watcha TMT, You sure it wasn't just the fact Pat Stanton had nipped in before you to put his cross in the box (done with flair of course)?

The Mighty Thor

Watcha TMT, You sure it wasn't just the fact Pat Stanton had nipped in before you to put his cross in the box (done with flair of course)?

Evening NT

Didnae see any Taxi's lurking about the car park mate! :whistling:

To be fair i think they were bringing the old buggers in by mini-bus. Fair play to them, things like getting the winter fuel allowance etc is probably a big motivator!

Had a wee chuckle at the Sunderland Rain Man comments.

Was that Baddiel? He looks ****ed, IMO.

Mariella Frostrup looking fit.....

...and Esther Rantzen looking like herself. :ninja:

The Mighty Thor

It's the voice. Tremendous. Sounds really dirty! :thumbsup:

Was that Baddiel???He looks ****ed, IMO.

...and Esther Rantzen looking like herself.??:ninja:

Sure was. Looks like he's in need of a damn good scrub. Mariella is clearly in a feisty mood tonight and credit where it's due, Esther is looking damn good for her age. Maybe she's been hitting the old botox.

Labour hold Washington & Sunderland West....

It's quite amazing that the winning candidate can get around 19k votes, the main opposition parties around 6-8k and the BNP manage over 1k?! Times they are a'changin...

The Mighty Thor

Washington declares and interestingly a huge swing towards the Tories of 11.6%

that lady has got a really cool iPhone. tad cumbersome.

Yep - more interesting than the Houghton result, and a bit unnerving for Labour.

The Mighty Thor

that lady has got a really cool iPhone. tad cumbersome.

Battery life's crap mate

Commander Harris

mandy looking a lot more sheepish now...

portobellojambo1

Been huge swings from Labour to Conservative in both Sunderland seats, an area of the country which makes Craigmillar/Niddrie look extreme right wing politically.

The Old Tolbooth

Its looking pretty grim for Labour already with only 2 results in, surely people cant be so blind as to want the Tories in as much as that? :unsure:

Also, 46% didn't even bother voting in the last result announced, and that figure was up 7% on the last time,I could understand if a major football match was on or it was 12 feet of snow, but really imo there is no excuse for as many people as that not bothering their hoop.

If that buffoon Cameron gets in, I'm flippin emigrating! (I'm checking flights now)

Been huge swings from Labour to Conservative in both Sunderland seats, an area of the country which makes Craigmillar/Niddrie look extreme right wing politically.

If these swings are even close to replicated - will be a Conservative majority and several Labour Cabinet members gone.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Its looking pretty grim for Labour already with only 2 results in, surely people cant be so blind as to want the Tories in as much as that? :unsure:

Also, 46% didn't even bother voting in the last result announced, and that figure was up 7% on the last time,I could understand if a major football match was on or it was 12 feet of snow, but really imo there is no excuse for as many people as that not bothering their hoop.

If that buffoon Cameron gets in, I'm flippin emigrating! (I'm checking flights now)

It's been predicted to be one of the lowest turn outs ever has it not? Think the relationships between politician and Joe Bloggs is at an all time low really and how tough is it to choose between the 3 diddies leading the parties?

Looks like Labour are in for a shafting here. Let's hope we don't regret this over the next couple of years.

The Mighty Thor

If these swings are even close to replicated - will be a Conservative majority and several Labour Cabinet members gone.

I think the real measure will be the first marginal which is Birmingham Edgbaston expected about 12.30ish. If the swings are repeated there then it could be curtains for Labour

Commander Harris

?with regards to turnout: ?the 2 sunderland results so far are very safe labour seats, it's not a surprise that turnout isn't huge but it's certainly up a lot and I think in other more marginal seats we'll actually see a very large turnout. ??

The Old Tolbooth

It's been predicted to be one of the lowest turn outs ever has it not? Think the relationships between politician and Joe Bloggs is at an all time low really and how tough is it to choose between the 3 diddies leading the parties?

Looks like Labour are in for a shafting here. Let's hope we don't regret this over the next couple of years.

It may not be a bad thing to be honest when I think about it, because the country is so completely fecked as it stands right now that whatever party gets in would need an absolute miracle to repair the damn place, so whoever gets in will have absolutely no chance of winning the next election anyway and it could see this years winners out of office for a minimum of ten years. (if that makes sense)

Sunderland central coming up and expected to be very close, you can see the posh Tory boy fretting a bit :D

The Mighty Thor

Sunderland Central - Labour hold

another swing to the tories of 4.8%

Archived