Girl killed in New Zealand -- Karen Aim

Mr Sifter

Dunno if posted before, but I've just heard about the death of this young Orkney lass Karen Aim.

Hopefully the NZ will catch the b*stards responsible.

For any of you on bebo, might be nice to add a wee RIP, considering her famil will no doubt check it. Looks like there are loads of comments from folk who never knew her....

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=753625758

Dunno if posted before, but I've just heard about the death of this young Orkney lass Karen Aim.

Hopefully the NZ will catch the b*stards responsible.

For any of you on bebo, might be nice to add a wee RIP, considering her famil will no doubt check it. Looks like there are loads of comments from folk who never knew her....

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=753625758

very sad indeed. quite upsetting reading the messages left on her bebo page, and one quite obscure one from a right idiot, hopefully the police can track him down, and hopefully they will catch whoever murdered her.

very sad indeed. quite upsetting reading the messages left on her bebo page, and one quite obscure one from a right idiot, hopefully the police can track him down, and hopefully they will catch whoever murdered her.

What did he say?

Looked through the comments there not realising how disgusting that comment was going to be.

Actually shocking.

Sad man sorry braindead:(

The comment (I think) is still there but his account has been banned or he has set it to private.

A tragic incident and I hope the guilty party is brought to justice, as I do in all such cases

I dont see the point in people who didnt know her rushing to leave comments on her bebo etc, it all seems rather inappropiate and just blocks up a good source for her friends and family to share and help each other

Having read through it though, its all very poignant reading how happy and full of life someone was to know it was stolen hours later

I agree to an extent BFE however I did leave a picture instead. Nothing like feeling sorry for the family or anything as if i knew the girl but simply ''Scotland has lost a good soul. The world has gained a murderer. Life is not fair''

European Jambos Mum

so very sad. European Jambo is backpacking in Oz at the moment and this has really scared me and made me think it could have been him. I know anything could happen to him here, but it just seems so far away. Imagine her poor family at the other side of the world. Lets hope they catch those responsible as soon as possible. x

Theres thousands of backpackers per year going to Asia, Australia and New New Zealand and 99% have a great time, i'm sure your son will be fine. Backpaching isn't dangerous, some people are but you get that everywhere

Looked through the comments there not realising how disgusting that comment was going to be.

Actually shocking.

Indeed. And there are some other sickos out there too: note the comments by NeilYpt on the main page, and Tame Iti if you search two or three pages back. Unbelievable.

RIP, Karen.

Archived