Campbell Ogilvie says no

jamborich

Romanov Stole My Pension

I don't know much about Keith Wyness, would he be a good choice?

From that extremely brief description of him, I'm happy that he's not been CEO of the old firm, and has experience in a well-run league with Everton.

jamboinglasgow

Not surprised, think Ogilvie is more interested in the president role then the Chief executive post. Anyone know when Peat's posistion is next up for grabs.

Maroon tinted glasses 2

The article said that peat is to step down next year.

Nothing that we didnt expect from ogilvie to be honest as he is not the type of person who would enjoy being the public face of the SFA and to be honest anyone with an ounce of sense would wait at least until the McLeish report comes out to see what sort of mess they need to sort out first.

jamboinglasgow

The article said that peat is to step down next year.

Nothing that we didnt expect from ogilvie to be honest as he is not the type of person who would enjoy being the public face of the SFA and to be honest anyone with an ounce of sense would wait at least until the McLeish report comes out to see what sort of mess they need to sort out first.

next year cant come soon enough, or surely we can say to Peat, look lets bring this change all at once, step down now for the sake of Scottish Football.

Not surprised, think Ogilvie is more interested in the president role then the Chief executive post. Anyone know when Peat's posistion is next up for grabs.

Or perhaps he is content with the day-to-day involvement at Tynecastle, couple with his current SFA role. I would imagine the President role would be less involved that Smith's vacated post.

I don't know much about Keith Wyness, would he be a good choice?

From that extremely brief description of him, I'm happy that he's not been CEO of the old firm, and has experience in a well-run league with Everton.

He was Chief Exec (I think that was his role) at Aberdeen before he moved to Everton.

Can't remember what he was like up here though.

Ibrahim Tall

He was Chief Exec (I think that was his role) at Aberdeen before he moved to Everton.

It was Wyness who got rid of the toaster IIRC.

Tommy Brown

No1 guy for me after slagging off the uglies when at Aberdeen, comparing them to a couple of Suchiehall Street hookers flashing their knickers at anybody who would take them in. Referring to them constantly whining for the EPL, Atlantic League, etc.

So anybody who speaks their mind about that shower has my approval.

Excellent news on Campbell Ogilvie, hopefully he`ll be at Tynecastle for a few years to come.thumbsup.gif

Agreed.

CO is a hugely important part of the top of our club and has Scottish influences that have aided us with the horrible perception many in power had of Romanov's Hearts. Also, in my limited experience of the man, he is a likeable, articulate and intelligent man.

Glad to hear that I rate Campbell very highly and he has been very good for Hearts in his time here he lends a lot of credence to us and I know he and his wife were very moved by the trip to Contalmaison last year.

The Treasurer

Campell must have got a back hander from Vlad to stay at Tynie lol.

Grumpy.

Or maybe he's happy working for VR and sees it as a more rewarding role than becoming another faceless blazer with the gfa

Great news that CO wants to stay at Tynecastle!

As far as I'm aware about Keith Wyness, he was very highly regarded up this way, and proof was given when he stepped up from Aberdeen to Everton...

Or maybe he's happy working for VR and sees it as a more rewarding role than becoming another faceless blazer with the gfa

Which he is already.

Good news for Hearts though,christ only knows what kind of smear campaign would have started had he went full time with the SFA and who would have taken his place down Gorgie way.

The Treasurer

Which he is already.

Good news for Hearts though,christ only knows what kind of smear campaign would have started had he went full time with the SFA and who would have taken his place down Gorgie way.

I think that is unfair.

CO may hold office within the gfa but he can hardly be lumped in with the junketing nobodies that take everything and contribute nothing to the sport.

I think that is unfair.

CO may hold office within the gfa but he can hardly be lumped in with the junketing nobodies that take everything and contribute nothing to the sport.

For example?

The Treasurer

For example?

That's just the point, I don't know who they are because they're nobodies. teehee.gif

the only time they're seen is sitting in the best seats at big games or getting on the plane to head off on a junket when the national team are playing abroad

next year cant come soon enough, or surely we can say to Peat, look lets bring this change all at once, step down now for the sake of Scottish Football.

Dear oh dear you really don't understand how scottish football works do you whistling.gif

How the hell Peat was ever allow to be in the role is beyond me !

That's just the point, I don't know who they are because they're nobodies. teehee.gif

the only time they're seen is sitting in the best seats at big games or getting on the plane to head off on a junket when the national team are playing abroad

Okay Mr T,so how the hell would him becoming the chief executive make him a "junketing nobody" then.

What I will agree on is that there are some faceless people involved who probably have no right to be there,but so does almost every governing body you care to mention.

Okay Mr T,so how the hell would him becoming the chief executive make him a "junketing nobody" then.

What I will agree on is that there are some faceless people involved who probably have no right to be there,but so does almost every governing body you care to mention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpN_TOP9hg8

The Treasurer

You're quite right about any governing body.

If you look at what smith has contributed as CEO it's practically nothing other than slavering a load of pesh yet he has managed to jump aboard the gravy train with the rest.

CO is the exception to the rule in terms his contribution to the sport and is held in high regard throughout the game

You're quite right about any governing body.

If you look at what smith has contributed as CEO it's practically nothing other than slavering a load of pesh yet he has managed to jump aboard the gravy train with the rest.

CO is the exception to the rule in terms his contribution to the sport and is held in high regard throughout the game

Very very true so therefor doing a good job for the whole of Scottish football then.

Still trying to figure out how you,and others,seem to think that if he had taken the CEO job he would have changed for the worse.

The Treasurer

Very very true so therefor doing a good job for the whole of Scottish football then.

Still trying to figure out how you,and others,seem to think that if he had taken the CEO job he would have changed for the worse.

ok.

Maybe instead of saying he'd "become another faceless blazer" I should have said he wouldn't want to join the faceless blazers on a full time basis.

Does that clear things for you.

I hope so because I can't make it any simpler

Mikey Gardiner

This is great news. I was wondering who we would get in if Ogilvie left. I am just relieved that he has chosen to stay with us. A huge part of the club

ok.

Maybe instead of saying he'd "become another faceless blazer" I should have said he wouldn't want to join the faceless blazers on a full time basis.

Does that clear things for you.

I hope so because I can't make it any simpler

Clear as mud Mr T,you've said a lot without answering any question.

Since CO appears to be a shoe-in to replace Peat next year, how will that effect his post at Tynie. Will he still be able to operate in both roles much as he does just now?

portobellojambo1

Since CO appears to be a shoe-in to replace Peat next year, how will that effect his post at Tynie. Will he still be able to operate in both roles much as he does just now?

I get the impression that the role held by George Peat isn't a job which requires the incumbent to be on call daily, it is more of a part time type position requiring attendance at a meetings, for example, on an occasional basis.

I'd think Campbell Ogilvie could continue to operate at Tynecastle and fulfil both roles. I don't see it as a big step up from the present role he holds with the SFA, and he is able to combine both at present

ROMANOV FAN CLUB

I think Wyness would be a great choice for SFA as he done well at Aberdeen and Everton

I'd say if we lost Ogilvie next year to put Sergy in total control he has been the only person from UBIG who has been there every step of the way and has done a great job in very dificult times

The Treasurer

Clear as mud Mr T,you've said a lot without answering any question.

The only question I could see was who are the faceless nobodies.

I answered by saying I don't know their names because they're faceless nobodies.

If I've missed any other point you wanted me to clarify then I'm sorry but you've lost me.

Archived