Merchiston Hearts Building on Gorgie Road

Howdy Doody Jambo

Howdy Doody Jambo

Walking along Gorgie road , couldn't help but notice some vandals have struck by spray-painting major graffiti from the roof-top

the word ''Rocket'' and various other Chavy Neds tags onto the Merchiston Hearts Social Club .

Hope the police catch , charge and severley punish the culprits involved , also a good boot in the staines may bring this sort to their senses .

Bring back the burch for this malicious damage which is now very common on Edinburghs streets .

Why do weirdos do this sort of thing ?

Buffalo Bill

No ned graffiti-tag will ever display the heart-wrenching passion of 'PAM, I LOVE YOU - AM SORRY' on the Sighthill changing-room hut.

MCCABE GRASS.

The all time classic that one. Has to be up there with the Mary Whitehouse Experience's M1 motorway bridge "M Khan is bent" vandalism.

The all time classic that one. Has to be up there with the Mary Whitehouse Experience's M1 motorway bridge "M Khan is bent" vandalism.

legendary sighthill-gorgie banter.

not so much for mccabe though.

The People's Chimp

scumbags of the highest order.

Yes, they're certainly right up there. Maybe we could get the NOTW to name and shame them.

The Treasurer

No ned graffiti-tag will ever display the heart-wrenching passion of 'PAM, I LOVE YOU - AM SORRY' on the Sighthill changing-room hut.

I'd noticed that too yucky.gif

The thing is has Pam forgiven him, we need to know woot.gif

Buffalo Bill

I'd noticed that too yucky.gif

The thing is has Pam forgiven him, we need to know woot.gif

I'm afraid that the official response from Pam was: 'We're Over'.

Pam's ex has yet to comment but I'm monitoring the situation daily.

Footnote: How unlucky would it be if Pam's ex was in fact, McCabe?

The Treasurer

I'm afraid that the official response from Pam was: 'We're Over'.

Pam's ex has yet to comment but I'm monitoring the situation daily.

Footnote: How unlucky would it be if Pam's ex was in fact, McCabe?

Surely life couldn't be so cruel.

Dumped by Pam and outed as a grass !!!

I await the suicide note sprayed on the new Forrester School sad.gif

Gods a Jambo

I stay in gorgie and it is a polish mob who have been doing the spray painting. They have also covered a building at Muireston and like to write the word "mate" and "haggis" all over the shop. Being born and bred in the area they're starting to get on my ******* tits that folk come in and deface my area.

I stay in gorgie and it is a polish mob who have been doing the spray painting. They have also covered a building at Muireston and like to write the word "mate" and "haggis" all over the shop. Being born and bred in the area they're starting to get on my ******* tits that folk come in and deface my area.

WTF! How have they got time when they're doing Scottish people's jobs and probably shagging Scottish people's girlfriends?

Gods a Jambo

WTF! How have they got time when they're doing Scottish people's jobs and probably shagging Scottish people's girlfriends?

Jesus wept.

The Treasurer

No doubt they will be round with a flyer offering their "skills" as painter/decorators to the affected buildings angry.gif

Winston Ingram

I have asked this before without getting an explanation.... but what was the MCCABE GRASS stuff all about? Remember it well from years ago, was all over the shop!

And please, no "there was a guy McCabe who grassed" stuff... some depth to the story would ease my troubled mind!!

I have asked this before without getting an explanation.... but what was the MCCABE GRASS stuff all about? Remember it well from years ago, was all over the shop!

And please, no "there was a guy McCabe who grassed" stuff... some depth to the story would ease my troubled mind!!

I too remember the "McCabe Grass" stuff but unfortunately can't shed any light on it.

I also remember a lot of vitriol written about a girl/woman whose name eludes me but she was described as a "whoor". Story I heard about that was that she passed on HIV to someone. Not sure how kosher that is, but the name and "...is a whoor" was written on the pavement outside Jenners just at the corner with Sth. St. David's Street and at several other places about the city centre.

Pamela someone perhaps?

Surely not the same one.........! ohmy.gif

I too remember the "McCabe Grass" stuff but unfortunately can't shed any light on it.

I also remember a lot of vitriol written about a girl/woman whose name eludes me but she was described as a "whoor". Story I heard about that was that she passed on HIV to someone. Not sure how kosher that is, but the name and "...is a whoor" was written on the pavement outside Jenners just at the corner with Sth. St. David's Street and at several other places about the city centre.

Pamela someone perhaps?

Surely not the same one.........! ohmy.gif

Used to see loads of abusive graffiti about a girl called Marilyn Clark all over Edinburgh.

Joe McCabe was a bus driver who's son got involved with drug dealers, they came to his door to threaten his son so he phoned the police, not sure if they got caught but he was living in fear after that. He died a few years ago. He lived in the houses at the bottom of Longstone Road at the roundabout beside the bus garage.

Winston Ingram

Joe McCabe was a bus driver who's son got involved with drug dealers, they came to his door to threaten his son so he phoned the police, not sure if they got caught but he was living in fear after that. He died a few years ago. He lived in the houses at the bottom of Longstone Road at the roundabout beside the bus garage.

Thanks mate. Although bit of a sad story that.

Ok next, anyone know who Marilyn Clark was??

Adi Dassler

'Yeah Mate' and 'Torch' seem to haven been sprayed all over West Edinburgh these last few months.

It's not even decent graffiti like you used to get at the underpass up at Wester Hailes Centre in the 80's.

Nelly Terraces

'Yeah Mate' and 'Torch' seem to haven been sprayed all over West Edinburgh these last few months.

It's not even decent graffiti like you used to get at the underpass up at Wester Hailes Centre in the 80's.

Yeah, 'fraid so Adi.

The entire Gorgie/Dalry/Slateford areas are covered with this sort of graffiti'd ****. It's seriously getting on my breasticles. Really brings a whole area down when you see this crap scrawled all over the place.

When I lived in London it was endemic in the area I lived in, a few of us got together and made some discreet enquiries, found out who was responsible and had them 'dealt' with, bingo! Overnight, no graffiti.

Thing is these social inadequate erses must get up at about 2am to go out and ruin areas like this. Utter [filter edit]. Not sure what can be done about it, other than the actions I described above.

Gods a Jambo

Thats not exactly 100% correct, i am not going into detail over a supporters forum but it was over the boys son and drugs.

Gods a Jambo

I have seen the "torch" and "yeah mate" also. The area of Gorgie is really becoming quite bad regarding graffiti and it has to be said it is polish people who are doing it. The worst one, is the one, at Muirieston as that is the whole side of a building, there is also one just along from the Chesser bar that is supposed to be a house or some ****.

I stay in gorgie and it is a polish mob who have been doing the spray painting. They have also covered a building at Muireston and like to write the word "mate" and "haggis" all over the shop.

:laugh: Sorry, that's quite funny.

I've no time for this ruddy "OE CREW", I must say.

You are now in the minority. The polish ***** have taken over Gorgie

Thats why i left

Gods a Jambo

You are now in the minority. The polish ***** have taken over Gorgie

Thats why i left

I have to agree. To be fair it is not just the polish. Iam Gorgie born and bred, but the place is now like a UN meeting, that may be all fine and dandy for some but, i have watched a place i love become a ******* hole. My stair is filled with everyone and anyone and changes monthly due to the houses being let out. The area has no community now and is just a mish mash of crap.

Mikey Gardiner

That is superb and then she has came along as sprayed we're over. :lol:

Walking along Gorgie road , couldn't help but notice some vandals have struck by spray-painting major graffiti from the roof-top

the word ''Rocket'' and various other Chavy Neds tags onto the Merchiston Hearts Social Club .

Hope the police catch , charge and severley punish the culprits involved , also a good boot in the staines may bring this sort to their senses .

Bring back the burch for this malicious damage which is now very common on Edinburghs streets .

Why do weirdos do this sort of thing ?

Maybe it's aimed at Tynecastle Garage by someone who had a botched repair job, rather than MHSC.

Speaking of Poles, one of them cut me up at the Gogar roundabout today as I was coming home from work. Red Scooby Impreza, in left hand drive, with a bean can exhaust, scruffy driver and Polish plates. I was about to get annoyed, but then realised how utterly sad he looked.

Guest Atticus

The area has no community now and is just a mish mash of crap.

If by a mish mash of crap you mean a mish mash of foreigners then agreed - TAKESHI'S CASTLE SHOULD BE THE NEW IMMIGRATION POLICY.

davemclaren

Maybe it's aimed at Tynecastle Garage by someone who had a botched repair job, rather than MHSC.

Speaking of Poles, one of them cut me up at the Gogar roundabout today as I was coming home from work. Red Scooby Impreza, in left hand drive, with a bean can exhaust, scruffy driver and Polish plates. I was about to get annoyed, but then realised how utterly sad he looked.

Hope the chauffeur has recovered from the incident. :whistling:

HAHAHA. I always thought (since Irvine Jambo outed himself and McCabe Grass became famous on JKB) that McCabe was the man to go to if you wanted to buy...grass.

rolleyes.gif

I have to agree. To be fair it is not just the polish. Iam Gorgie born and bred, but the place is now like a UN meeting, that may be all fine and dandy for some but, i have watched a place i love become a ******* hole. My stair is filled with everyone and anyone and changes monthly due to the houses being let out. The area has no community now and is just a mish mash of crap.

Souns like Gorgie's most famous institution.

portobellojambo1

Back to subject, its been spray painted for weeks ....

Indeed it has been, around about 6 weeks now I think.

davemclaren

Back to subject, its been spray painted for weeks ....

Hope it's fixed before the semi final showing... :rolleyes:

Chaka Demus & pliers

I always wondered why they didn't move house. My mate stayed down that way too. I didn't ever see them getting any trouble in all the times I was down there mind you.

Hope the chauffeur has recovered from the incident. :whistling:

He was a bit shaken up Dave, as was I - almost spilled my post work G&T. :down:

Used to see loads of abusive graffiti about a girl called Marilyn Clark all over Edinburgh.

Also spotted in the toilets in west terrace of Hampden Park many moons ago.

Did you lot miss me?

broughies tach

Not sure whats gets on my thrupenny's more when walking through the Telfer underpass The dawbs made by 'Torch' or the copious amounts of dog she ite

Is this the place to go if owners dinnae want to 'scoop the poop' ?

The Treasurer

He must have been travelling at some speed to cut up a "boy" racer like yourself. smile.gif

Archived