Zaliukas

Someday

Very poor decision by Jefferies to put Zali back in today, he has been awful and has cost us all the goals.

Also a poor decision to put Black back in today, he was also terrible.

Very poor decision by Jefferies to put Zali back in today, he has been awful and has cost us all the goals.

Think you are exaggerating mate.

Ruben at fault for first goal.

Zaliukas at fault for second.

Suso not tracking Naismith for third.

Wallace losing Naismith for fourth.

Zaliukas has had a shaky game but he was always going to be a bit rusty and both the pitch and sunshine have made it a difficult day for defenders on both teams.

Miller Jambo 60

OK so Jason ginga is good laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif hes pants never had it and never will down.gif

Jambo, Goodbye

He didn't help in the build ups but he was never at fault for the goals directly

Pala should of done better for 1st

A lot of mistakes were made AFTER Zal's mistake for the 2nd

Thompson got sucked inside for the 3rd, suso didn't track

The defence weren't even on the pitch for the 4th it would seem

So did he cost us all the goals? In a word...No!

colinmaroon

What a load of typical knee-jerk poo!!!

Every player out there today made mistakes.

The only goal where Zal was to blame was the 2nd and even then, how come Boyd was standing all alone at the back?

We looked like a team, playing players who weren't fully fit, certainly not match fit, and when was the last time we played a settled back four???

Seemed to think hitting the ball as hard as he could at a player constituted a good pass. He generally looked off the pace and unwilling to bully their forwards. In fact, neither of our centre backs looked as if they would boss anyone today.

He didn't help in the build ups but he was never at fault for the goals directly

Pala should of done better for 1st

A lot of mistakes were made AFTER Zal's mistake for the 2nd

Thompson got sucked inside for the 3rd, suso didn't track

The defence weren't even on the pitch for the 4th it would seem

So did he cost us all the goals? In a word...No!

So Zaliukas made a mistake but didnt cause the 2nd goal?? I beg to differ he DID cos the 2nd goal and he was horrendous all day. Not fit enough for that game and the manager has to take responsibility for that!!!

bit of an overreaction.he gave a shaky performance, not much worse than others and he wasnt really fit.

Jambo, Goodbye

So Zaliukas made a mistake but didnt cause the 2nd goal?? I beg to differ he DID cos the 2nd goal and he was horrendous all day. Not fit enough for that game and the manager has to take responsibility for that!!!

No because after his mistake another 15 seconds of football insued with about another 2 Hearts players being beaten and missing opportunities to clear the ball or tackle.

Zal gave away possession cheaply but it's not as if the ball went straight into our net a second later.

He was the 1st of a series of bad contributions that led to their 2nd goal.

On hindsight easy to say he shouldn't of played, we all wanted him to start as he is our best CB.

No because after his mistake another 15 seconds of football insued with about another 2 Hearts players being beaten and missing opportunities to clear the ball or tackle.

Zal gave away possession cheaply but it's not as if the ball went straight into our net a second later.

He was the 1st of a series of bad contributions that led to their 2nd goal.

On hindsight easy to say he shouldn't of played, we all wanted him to start as he is our best CB.

You might have wanted him to start i certainly didnt. Its impossible to be out for a month and only train 2 or 3 days then go straight into a game against the highest scorers and 2 best strikers in the league!!

The defence which ended the match last week should have started the game today end of. You can tinker in midfield and up front here and there but consistently changing a back 4 to fit someone in who isnt even 70% fit is suicidle against miller and boyd. A back 4 needs continuity not chopping and changing so Ruben should have been stuck in at left back wallace should have continued at centre half. And that is the managers responsibility which im sure even he would admit he made a mistake!

Jambo, Goodbye

You might have wanted him to start i certainly didnt. Its impossible to be out for a month and only train 2 or 3 days then go straight into a game against the highest scorers and 2 best strikers in the league!!

The defence which ended the match last week should have started the game today end of. You can tinker in midfield and up front here and there but consistently changing a back 4 to fit someone in who isnt even 70% fit is suicidle against miller and boyd. A back 4 needs continuity not chopping and changing so Ruben should have been stuck in at left back wallace should have continued at centre half. And that is the managers responsibility which im sure even he would admit he made a mistake!

Fair enough, I can accept that he probably wasn't fit enough to play and that could be a call JJ should think about.

But my main point in this thread was that Zal was not directly at fault for any of the goals, his pass was down to lack of concentration, fitness doesn't dictate your passing skills.

But I agree with you in all your points in your post I quoted thumbsup.gif

Fair enough, I can accept that he probably wasn't fit enough to play and that could be a call JJ should think about.

But my main point in this thread was that Zal was not directly at fault for any of the goals, his pass was down to lack of concentration, fitness doesn't dictate your passing skills.

I understand what your saying mate but its like this. Zal has comfortable possesion on the ball and plays a sloppy pass which didnt reach his man rangers break quickly and its quickly turned into a goal now i am fully aware that they had work to do after Zals pass but the root of the problem came from him.

The manager obviously disagrees. He has just referred to the "terrible mistake by Marius" in his ESPN interview.

I understand what your saying mate but its like this. Zal has comfortable possesion on the ball and plays a sloppy pass which didnt reach his man rangers break quickly and its quickly turned into a goal now i am fully aware that they had work to do after Zals pass but the root of the problem came from him.

Robbo-Jambo

Correct. Zal back defence s**te. Spot the connection.THE MAN IS A WALKING BOMBSCARE.

Tommy Wiseau

I'm a fan of Zaliukas, but anyone saying today that he was anything other than woeful, and cost us goals, is having a laugh.

Zaliukas is and always has been a dreadful football player. Thankfully I believe his time at Hearts is nearing an end.

Zaliukas has his qualities in my opinion but he is and always will be a liability. The reason - his own ridiculous self belief and arrogance and the fact he thinks he is a hell of a lot better than he is. He will never have half the career of a guy like Davie Weir because he refuses to do the simple thing.

Robbo-Jambo

Zaliukas is and always has been a dreadful football player. Thankfully I believe his time at Hearts is nearing an end.

Fecking hope so. :thumbsup:

In the match I was at Zal gave away a conpletely needless free kick which produced the first goal. Sold the second too. Had a mare today but has been solid in the past. Wrong game to bring him back, but we are short of options.

It was mixed bunch from Zal today, some dreadful stuff and some really good stuff (taking the ball of Miller going through on goal, some good headers, some great passing), but he was not the only one to pass straight to a Rangers player, Jonsson was twice lucky to get away with it at the beginning of the second half. All Hearts players gave the ball away cheaply today not just Zal.

It was a funny game today from our central defenders, whilst they made errors they did a lot of good things also, our full backs were rotten all day though.

Guest JamboRobbo

Don't think he should get too much stick. Had a tough day, but mostly looked down to not being match sharp rather than anything else IMO.

Probably shouldn't have played today but can understand they maybe wanted to have his height back in the team against Boyd and Miller, just didn't work out.

Tommy Wiseau

Don't think he should get too much stick. Had a tough day, but mostly looked down to not being match sharp rather than anything else IMO.

Probably shouldn't have played today but can understand they maybe wanted to have his height back in the team against Boyd and Miller, just didn't work out.

I think I'm in the Twilight Zone. JR defending Zaliukas as Thommo gets tore in about him?!

twilightzone4.jpg

he was murder today

he reminded me of the zal we all hated when he first joined us

stinking game today, but clearly shouldn't have been back in the team. The defence did a fine job last week.

Usually, he is the best defender in our squad, taking Jose out of the equation.

Tynecastle Valhalla

he was awful.

they hshould have just kept wallace in there with ruben at left back.

never thought he should play for us. liability.

very poor from zal today. Not match fit but had to be put in as there was no one else.

Exactly. Had Driver been fit we may well have started with: Thomson, Jonsson, Wallace, Palazuelos but just as happened with players last week, Zal had to be brought back this week to fill other gaps.

The plan may have backfired but Zal wasn't the only one having a nightmare today and the result probably wouldn't have been any different had he not made mistakes. Maybe we just need to look at the positives. He's got 90 minutes under his belt in a match we'd probably lose anyway and barring any reaction today he'll be fit for next week in a match we should be able to win with a fit squad.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

He was clearly struggling with being out for so long.

However, his biggest problem is he thinks he's better than he is. He is never in a million years a footballing centre half and would be so much better if he stuck to the basics.

is this forum Schizophrenic? A few weeks ago Zaliukas was being talked up as captain in waiting and now suddenly after one poor game he needs punted.

nothing like a knee jerk reaction.

What a load of typical knee-jerk poo!!!

Every player out there today made mistakes.

The only goal where Zal was to blame was the 2nd and even then, how come Boyd was standing all alone at the back?

We looked like a team, playing players who weren't fully fit, certainly not match fit, and when was the last time we played a settled back four???

Colin

Marius Zaliukas does what Marius Zaliukas does. He can't go a handful of games without a howler, whether on the ball, or off it.

We were in the game and while not single handedly blew it, he was again a major factor.

Our biggest game of this season was the LC semi. Driver loses the ball well out wide at the half way line, 2 passes later Mehmet is 25 yards out with not a centre half to be seen. Crackin clean strike but hits it 2 yards inside the left post, but Kello is 3 yards out of position and hasn't a chance.

We have to stop sticking up for these clowns.

This isn't a knee jerk reaction after today. The Zaliukas, Kellos, Elliots, Palazuelos' J Thomsons, , Susos (et al) just aren't up to scratch.

This isn't a knee jerk reaction either

OK so Jason ginga is good laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif hes pants never had it and never will down.gif

Thomson was outstanding against Hibs and was playing wel today before he got injured. There was a lot worse thn him out there today

Zaliukas has his qualities in my opinion but he is and always will be a liability. The reason - his own ridiculous self belief and arrogance and the fact he thinks he is a hell of a lot better than he is. He will never have half the career of a guy like Davie Weir because he refuses to do the simple thing.

Nutshell. Zal does have ability, no doubt. His two big failings are his temperament (which he eventually seems to have sorted out) and his arrogance in thinking he's far better than he is. His fannying about when he should be doing the simple thing, continues to let him and us down and he was poor today. However he deserves some slack for clearly not being match fit and JJ has to accept responsibility for playing him.

Archived