"I'VE GOT A STRAIGHT! Oh wait a minute...no...I've not..."

JamTarts1874

JamTarts1874

Got poker night the night with the lads, looking forward to it very much as I do every week, but I thought that I'd share a funny story with you lot too.

A mate of mine came to play the other week and said that he was 'good' a poker.

We played a few hands and the game started to get really intense. It was down to me and my mate, everyone else had folded. The pot was getting larger and I could see that my mate was beginning to sweat. After the flop had came out I had two 8's and a pair of queens. After seeing my mates hand I knew he had nothing untill he said - "Naw! I've got a straight!" Everyone looked at him in disbelief. "A straight? How's that?" one of my other pals asked.

My mate then proceeded to tellus.

"Look, I've got a King, Ace, two, three and a four - a straight!"

It was actually the funniest thing to see everyone roaring with laughter as he slowly realised what he had done, what a nugget.

Anybody else have some funny poker/gambling related stories?

Prince Buaben

Got poker night the night with the lads, looking forward to it very much as I do every week, but I thought that I'd share a funny story with you lot too.

A mate of mine came to play the other week and said that he was 'good' a poker.

We played a few hands and the game started to get really intense. It was down to me and my mate, everyone else had folded. The pot was getting larger and I could see that my mate was beginning to sweat. After the flop had came out I had two 8's and a pair of queens. After seeing my mates hand I knew he had nothing untill he said - "Naw! I've got a straight!" Everyone looked at him in disbelief. "A straight? How's that?" one of my other pals asked.

My mate then proceeded to tellus.

"Look, I've got a King, Ace, two, three and a four - a straight!"

It was actually the funniest thing to see everyone roaring with laughter as he slowly realised what he had done, what a nugget.

Anybody else have some funny poker/gambling related stories?

teehee.gif

Happend a couple of years ago on the way to paisley. We were playing poker on the bus. My mate done exactly the same and wouldnt believe that it was wrong. He thought we were taking the pi$$..

Archived