Schemies

Nucky Thompson

Nucky Thompson

Why do Schemies always call their kids daft names after 'stars' they hear on the TV. It really gets on my tits when you see Junkies shouting on their kids. The amount of Britnays, Jamie lees, Chantelles, Juniors, TJs, Brooklyns is unreal:cool:I even heard a schemie calling her kid Bacardi the other day:eek:

ToadKiller Dog
Why do Schemies always call their kids daft names after 'stars' they hear on the TV. It really gets on my tits when you see Junkies shouting on their kids. The amount of Britnays, Jamie lees, Chantelles, Juniors, TJs, Brooklyns is unreal:cool:I even heard a schemie calling her kid Bacardi the other day:eek:

Its about wanting whats best for there kids assperational ,the look forward to the day there kid is old enough to audition for big brother,appear on Trisha or get there tits oot in the star.

Nucky Thompson
Chantelle is the worst name known to man.
I agree:cool: I heard one mum shorten it to Chan:cool: 'Hi Chan stoap being shan to yer brurur':boak:

There's a Beyonce in my wee boy's nursery

And yes, she is white too !!!

I know a guy working for the council, went to a house in Blairgowrie where the lassies daughter was Beyonce Kelis McDonald :rolleyes:

blondejamtart

There's one I know of who has daughters called (I kid you not) Demi and Madonna. I also know of a Scarlet and a Lavender Lee. There's another woman near us who called her youngest son Darius - yes, after the singer (I use that term loosely, by the way....)

I went to a seminar in Glasgow recently and the opening gambit was about registered kids names in Glasgow over the last year.

Including Ibroxia and twins Dolce & Gabanna.

There was a kid in my primary school called Blu. I also know of a Kazara and a Destiny Charmed Lavender (after the TV show and the smell/colour).

There's a rumour going about that there's a kid in primary in Edinburgh just now called Bam-Bam.

Dr Ian Malcolm
There's one I know of who has daughters called (I kid you not) Demi and Madonna. I also know of a Scarlet and a Lavender Lee. There's another woman near us who called her youngest son Darius - yes, after the singer (I use that term loosely, by the way....)

Wouldn't say Scarlet is that bad at all, pretty common compared to other names mentioned.

I can't wait for the day I can name my kids - Eduardis and Kurskis. :ninja:

Look forward to meeting 'Storm' ''Gladiator are you ready?!''

Another few favourite are

'Wiktoria'

'Zuzanna'

'Weronika'

'Tsz'

'Tamarina'

'Zico'

'T' (There are 2 of them!)

'Poojaa'

38 'Rhianna'!

'Ronaldo'

Twins 'Riordan' and 'Riordhan'

'MacKenzi'

'Ricardo' and 'Lucio'

'J-Jay'

'Jet-Li':D

'G'

'Emmalee''

'Ho'

'Harsimranpaul'

31 'Chantelle' and a 'Chantalle'

'asmaa'(Mum was a smoker)

My favourite though is wee baby '*****'

Edit. That should read baby 'G ypsy' :D Brilliant sweary filter. Imagine being named a curse!

Sure this was in the old Kickback, but here's a list of all the names registered in Scotland in 2006.

http://www.gro-scotland.gov.uk/files1/stats/pop-names-06-t4.pdf

Some crackers in there, especially the misspelt ones and the double-barrelled ones (pure posh like, ken?). And there's a Christ! Poor bugger...

The girls' Ps are the most worrying; a wee glace and I've seen: Princess, Porscha, Po, Pyper, Poppy-Ann, Paris, Parris and, my personal favourite, Prezli-Leigh.

There's also a Riordan, a Zico, a Ruby-Erin, a Shardanny, a Shantelle (with a Sh), a Serendipity, a Serene, 2 Serenities and a Thistle.

Look forward to meeting 'Storm' ''Gladiator are you ready?!''

Another few favourite are

'Wiktoria'

'Zuzanna'

'Weronika'

'Tsz'

'Tamarina'

'Zico'

'T' (There are 2 of them!)

'Poojaa'

38 'Rhianna'!

'Ronaldo'

Twins 'Riordan' and 'Riordhan'

'MacKenzi'

'Ricardo' and 'Lucio'

'J-Jay'

'Jet-Li':D

'G'

'Emmalee''

'Ho'

'Harsimranpaul'

31 'Chantelle' and a 'Chantalle'

'asmaa'(Mum was a smoker)

My favourite though is wee baby '*****'

A few of them are Polish ones, mate; in that language you pronounce the 'W's as 'V's. Zuzanna could easily be Polish or German and 'Tsz' Chinese or Russian.

The rest are either Hindi (or other similar) or just plain awful :D I really hope the girl 'Ho' is Chinse or something. Really I do.

A few of them are Polish ones, mate; in that language you pronounce the 'W's as 'V's. Zuzanna could easily be Polish or German and 'Tsz' Chinese or Russian.

The rest are either Hindi (or other similar) or just plain awful :D I really hope the girl 'Ho' is Chinse or something. Really I do.

Still funny to laugh at classics like 'Poojaa' though:D

Charlene is by far the neddiest girls name around.

I vaguely remember this discussion on the train to Aberdeen.

blondejamtart

There is a woman who recently sold one of the most expensive houses in Scotland (and is a millionaire, so hardly a schemie) but has daughters called Velvet, Porsche and Mercedes.....

ArmiyaRomanova

Ethnic not schemie, but....

A good friend of mine's wife is called Wan Kei.

Not saying what my wife's name is, but it occupies similar territory.

If we're all out together, making introductions to strangers is amusing - there's quite a few really struggle to keep a straight face.

sean_hmfc1874
There was a kid in my primary school called Blu. I also know of a Kazara and a Destiny Charmed Lavender (after the TV show and the smell/colour).

There's a rumour going about that there's a kid in primary in Edinburgh just now called Bam-Bam.

that wouldnt be him that was killed last weekend?

I think theres a guy in Perth called Nike and some daft bint in Glasgow called her kid Lisbon as she thought it was witty with her second name being Lyons :eek:

Say What Again
Through west there's kids called Larsson!

'Henrik' made it down to the last 3 names when the girl in my work had a wee boy 2 years back.

blondejamtart we must live around the same area because i know all the kids ur talking:)

Say What Again

Almost forgot about a girl i knew years back. She called her baby Pepper Peanut.

Pepper Peanut must be about 20 by now.

In the list above I've just found a Henryck, a Hendrix and a Henri-Jay-Karl-Alexander.

I think with regards to the last one that wee boy's mum wanted to name him after his dad, but wasn't quite sure who it was......

Bollox to your 'Britneys' and 'Chantelles'.

I know of a H*bs w&nker who named his daughter 'Leith'.

Poor wee lassie. She doesn't stand a chance.

blondejamtart
blondejamtart we must live around the same area because i know all the kids ur talking:)

As long as none of them are yours, ellie! Wouldn't want to cause offence...:cool:

I went to a seminar in Glasgow recently and the opening gambit was about registered kids names in Glasgow over the last year.

Including Ibroxia and twins Dolce & Gabanna.

I was just about to post that!!! My brothers old girlfriend taught them i think

Nephilim Scotty

My Brother in Law is a Headmaster, he works in a School near Glasgow, I'd better not say exactly where just in case;), but there are Twin Girls there called Versace & Gucci:wacko:, this year there's a girl called Pocahontas.........i kid you not:confused::confused::confused:

Susie-Jambo-66

Thats Larry Kingstons wee girls name Beyonce

I think theres a guy in Perth called Nike and some daft bint in Glasgow called her kid Lisbon as she thought it was witty with her second name being Lyons :eek:

Yeah there is, he's been in court more times than the council cleaners...:ninja:

I remember a Quanders Townsley from school too...Norman Mustard too..Mr Mustard :confused:

Nucky Thompson
My Brother in Law is a Headmaster, he works in a School near Glasgow, I'd better not say exactly where just in case;), but there are Twin Girls there called Versace & Gucci:wacko:, this year there's a girl called Pocahontas.........i kid you not:confused::confused::confused:
That's outrageous, the parents should be locked up:mad:

I've also heard about the Pocahontas carry on.What is going on?!

I'm sure I read in a newspaper years ago about a crazy fisherman,from god knows where,who called his triplets Hook,Line and Sinker!Seriously!

some classics on that list posted before, someone actually named their son 'B-Jay'. hes going to get bullied at school. 1 person named their son Zidane as well haha

??

Asking if someone's black or not isn't racist, mate.

You never know how some people might take it;)

You never know how some people might take it;)

If they're mentally unstable enough to take offence to someone saying the word 'black' then they have bigger issues than they think :laugh:

Archived