Busy Bee Saughton Mains

Konrad von Carstein

Wooft! From ?29.90! ohmy.gif

Think the library might be the best option! Cheers.

I think it may be out of print, going by that on Amazon. You could try Waterstones and they could see if they have a copy, or there are a couple of second hand book shops in the West Port that may have it.

It cost me ?15 in 2006 brand new.

Wooft! From ?29.90! ohmy.gif

Think the library might be the best option! Cheers.

Balerno LibraryPLACES: EDINBURGH & SCOTLAND DA1829.9 Adult Non-Fiction09/04/2010 23:5911 Show details

Balgreen LibraryPLACES: EDINBURGH & SCOTLAND DA1829.9Adult Non-Fiction29/03/2010 23:5911 Show details

Colinton LibraryPLACES: EDINBURGH & SCOTLAND DA1829.9Adult Non-FictionAvailable10 Show details

Currie LibraryPLACES: EDINBURGH & SCOTLAND DA1829.9Adult Non-Fiction22/03/2010 23:5911 Show details

Edinburgh RoomDA1829.9Adult ReferenceAvailable20 Show details

Edinburgh Room Open AccessDA1829.9Adult ReferenceAvailable10 Show details

Fountainbridge LibraryPLACES: EDINBURGH & SCOTLAND DA1829.9Adult Non-FictionAvailable10 Show details

Leith LibraryPLACES: EDINBURGH & SCOTLAND DA1829.9Adult Non-FictionAvailable21 Show details

Mobile LibrariesPLACES: EDINBURGH & SCOTLAND DA1829.9Adult Non-FictionAvailable10 Show details

Morningside LibraryPLACES: EDINBURGH & SCOTLAND DA1829.9Adult Non-Fiction24/03/2010 23:5911 Show details

Portobello LibraryDA1829.9Adult Non-Fiction20/03/2010 23:5911 Show details

Scottish Lending LibraryDA1829.9Adult Non-Fiction29/03/2010 23:5911

Wester Hailes LibraryPLACES: EDINBURGH & SCOTLAND DA1829.9Adult Non-FictionAvailable

From Edinburgh City Libraries public access catalogue.

Edited by Boris

Balerno LibraryPLACES: EDINBURGH & SCOTLAND DA1829.9 Adult Non-Fiction09/04/2010 23:5911 Show details

Balgreen LibraryPLACES: EDINBURGH & SCOTLAND DA1829.9Adult Non-Fiction29/03/2010 23:5911 Show details

Colinton LibraryPLACES: EDINBURGH & SCOTLAND DA1829.9Adult Non-FictionAvailable10 Show details

Currie LibraryPLACES: EDINBURGH & SCOTLAND DA1829.9Adult Non-Fiction22/03/2010 23:5911 Show details

Edinburgh RoomDA1829.9Adult ReferenceAvailable20 Show details

Edinburgh Room Open AccessDA1829.9Adult ReferenceAvailable10 Show details

Fountainbridge LibraryPLACES: EDINBURGH & SCOTLAND DA1829.9Adult Non-FictionAvailable10 Show details

Leith LibraryPLACES: EDINBURGH & SCOTLAND DA1829.9Adult Non-FictionAvailable21 Show details

Mobile LibrariesPLACES: EDINBURGH & SCOTLAND DA1829.9Adult Non-FictionAvailable10 Show details

Morningside LibraryPLACES: EDINBURGH & SCOTLAND DA1829.9Adult Non-Fiction24/03/2010 23:5911 Show details

Portobello LibraryDA1829.9Adult Non-Fiction20/03/2010 23:5911 Show details

Scottish Lending LibraryDA1829.9Adult Non-Fiction29/03/2010 23:5911

Wester Hailes LibraryPLACES: EDINBURGH & SCOTLAND DA1829.9Adult Non-FictionAvailable

From Edinburgh City Libraries public access catalogue.

Cheers Boris :thumbsup:

Need to get my library membership again now! lol

this_is_my_story

That's the one. Blue and I both played for Huthison Vale.

And Gareth Hutchison who I mentioned earlier played against Hearts for Stenhousemuir in 1996 (CCC game - went to penalties).

Did Gareth play for Hutchie Vale as well? I could be wrong, but the name definitely rings a bell. Also, I remember another lad who I think was from Saughton, called Billy (cannae mind the surname) who played for Hutchie. Big laddie for his age at the time, and I remember him scoring with a free kick from around the half way line on the old pitch at Ford's Road! Maybe the same Billy that others have referred to in this thread?

Buffalo Bill

Did Gareth play for Hutchie Vale as well? I could be wrong, but the name definitely rings a bell. Also, I remember another lad who I think was from Saughton, called Billy (cannae mind the surname) who played for Hutchie. Big laddie for his age at the time, and I remember him scoring with a free kick from around the half way line on the old pitch at Ford's Road! Maybe the same Billy that others have referred to in this thread?

I don't think so mate; if he did I certainly can't remember it, and he was a year older than me anyway.

He was cracking player though, ended up at Falkirk for a bit, but really played well at Tynecastle that night.

We were 2-0 down in the shoot-out!

Re Malcolm Cant, what I love about his writing is the hostility he shows towards idiotic planners and council officials.

It's an incredible book.

Billy Macvoy I recon is the lad your talking about , played for dundee hibs school boys, & der hun school boys.

He must be about 6"3 tall

Edited by swavkav

Buffalo Bill

Billy Macvoy I recon is the lad your talking about , played for dundee hibs school boys, & der hun school boys.

Billy was in my class (and my footy team) at Stenhouse Primary. His brother Stevie was a good lad too.

this_is_my_story

I don't think so mate; if he did I certainly can't remember it, and he was a year older than me anyway.

He was cracking player though, ended up at Falkirk for a bit, but really played well at Tynecastle that night.

We were 2-0 down in the shoot-out!

Must be getting my wires crossed about him playing for Hutchie, his is definitely a name I remember from years gone by though.

That's the lad, I'm sure of it. I think he was 6' when he was about twelve!

Billy was in my class (and my footy team) at Stenhouse Primary. His brother Stevie was a good lad too.

He's now living up oxgangs with his woman , & now drives a forklift truck for burtons (well he did last time i spoke to him)

& stevie is sound, ave got all the time in the world for him.

Edited by swavkav

Jam Tarts 1874

Saughton Mains Street

Saughton%20Mains%20St%20BW.jpg

Spent a year at the Carrickvale school (was just opposite the church for those who don't know), at the time there was hardly a day went by when me and my mates were all chucking each other into those hedges.

Spent a year at the Carrickvale school (was just opposite the church for those who don't know), at the time there was hardly a day went by when me and my mates were all chucking each other into those hedges.

Whos the burd in the photo with the shan chebs?

When were you at Stenhouse? We won and drew in our last 2 games before heading off for Tynecastle. Best results we had in 3 years! :rolleyes:

The Old Tolbooth

Remember it?

I sometimes wake up screaming at the memory.

I can still taste it mate! :boak:

At least I took ownership!! :ermm:

Some things never feckin change eh? :whistling:

Whos the burd in the photo with the shan chebs?

That's Linda, her handbag is just out of shot but I believe she made 83 shillings that day :ninja:

Buffalo Bill

When were you at Stenhouse? We won and drew in our last 2 games before heading off for Tynecastle. Best results we had in 3 years! :rolleyes:

1978-1985

Mr Davidson was headmaster.

Ole' Bullet face

jambodougie

1978-1985

Ole' Bullet face

I remember him getting splattered with an egg at end of term one year !!

1978-1985

Ole' Bullet face

Just missed you lol. 1987-1994. Sure he was still Headmaster till about Primary 3. Reminded me of Roger Moore a little bit :teehee:

Then we had the evil witch that was Mrs Galashan (sp)! :verymad:

• 11 years later...
McGlynn The Money
2 hours ago, mutley said:

No

You're a man (or woman) of few words.

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

That's The Carrick Knowe Inn.

Thank you.

I assume The Busy Bee is long gone now? I had to look it up to see where it was. Not overly familiar with that part of town but one of those pubs I've always heard of.

Crofters is another. Although am I right in saying that's now the Beijing Banquet at Calder Road? I worked in Grayfield House for a couple of years until lockdown and sadly never took in the local delights of The Silver Wing or The Artful Dodger.

McGlynn The Money
9 minutes ago, Locky said:

I assume The Busy Bee is long gone now? I had to look it up to see where it was. Not overly familiar with that part of town but one of those pubs I've always heard of.

Crofters is another. Although am I right in saying that's now the Beijing Banquet at Calder Road? I worked in Grayfield House for a couple of years until lockdown and sadly never took in the local delights of The Silver Wing or The Artful Dodger.

I was trying to establish that but folk seem rather cagey for some reason.

Were you in the Revenue?

Edited by McGlynn The Money

23 minutes ago, Locky said:

You are correct on both counts.

2 hours ago, Locky said:

Silver Wing is a decent boozer. Artful dodger I heard can be a bit dodgy, my uncle drank in there for many years.

McGlynn The Money
25 minutes ago, maroondevo52 said:

They used it in Trainspotting 2, think they renamed it The King William.image.png.1829f1c20b7b997fe5c8cd39e471b6c3.png

Looks great.