'Healthy' Tynecastle pies.

Big_Hearts_Runner

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Aimee Howland, 18, a business student at Edinburgh Napier, said: ?I love having a pie at the game, it?s a tradition.

?I like them anyway, but today they are tasting pretty good as well.

?It means I could have two of them without feeling guilty.?

Sums up the birds at Tynecastle, tbh. Hefer.

Jambof3tornado

The tynecastle catering(pies included) is a disgrace. Thats why I bring some stephens bridies(the ones you get at dunfermline FC) with me every home game!!!woot.gif

Considering the old pies tasted like they were made using a recipe as old as the club itself then I can only imagine these new pies will be better.

Guest juvehearts

the catering at tynecastle is still pish

but it has improved since they came on here asking about it.

still that van at the corner of the wheatfield & gorgie end still continues to rip everyone off.

?2.50 for chips

?3.50 for a burgher

?6 all in for the lot,

add a cup of coffee to that ?1.80

paying not far off a tenner for food.

almost as much as your match ticket.

good improvment, still a long way to go

juve

the catering at tynecastle is still pish

but it has improved since they came on here asking about it.

still that van at the corner of the wheatfield & gorgie end still continues to rip everyone off.

?2.50 for chips

?3.50 for a burgher

?6 all in for the lot,

add a cup of coffee to that ?1.80

paying not far off a tenner for food.

almost as much as your match ticket.

good improvment, still a long way to go

juve

Stretching that a wee bit are you not? I get that to add up to ?7.80, to me that's not almost as much as the match ticket!!

Still a rip off though. :whistling:

The tynecastle catering(pies included) is a disgrace. Thats why I bring some stephens bridies(the ones you get at dunfermline FC) with me every home game!!!woot.gif

Mmmmmmmm cold bridies at the fitbaw lovely! :down:

Stretching that a wee bit are you not? I get that to add up to ?7.80, to me that's not almost as much as the match ticket!!

Still a rip off though. :whistling:

unless your 11 in which case its almost 8 match tickets. :whistling:

mind you you'd probably need to buy 2 tickets if you were 11 and could eat that lot in one go. :woot:

Getting a pie that's too hot has me shaking with rage - as well as scalding the top of my mouth. These new pies are not "healthy" just less bad for you. Taste awright though.

Does that delicatessen on Gorgie Road/Wheatfield St still do Baines pies? Baines pies are the bomb.... :thumbsup:

No, seems to have been bought over / they stopped selling the Baines pies about the start of this season if I remember correctly. :angry:

I thoroughly enjoyed my pie on Sunday, it never touched the sides; I was starving right enough and was my first to eat all day. I didn't taste much of it as I rammed it in like it was going out of fashion, so I can't comment 'til our next home game when I actually taste my food. :)

Jambof3tornado

Mmmmmmmm cold bridies at the fitbaw lovely! down.gif

Never cold mate,heated up at Babertonjambo's house,and brought along to the game wrapped in foil. ?1-06 each,absolute bargain and actually contains some cow!!!!thumbsup.gif

I thought the pies were awesome. I actually almost started a thread on how much they'd improved since the last time I tried one.

They were not too greasy and served at the right temperature.

I'll not hesitate to get another one!

I had one before I went down for my steak sauce pie in the Gorgie suite and it was quite nice, although I was wanting a Haggis pie. The Gorgie suite was only half full, mainly thanks to their withdrawal of the free drink and the crappy steak pies no doubt.

IVe been told its all lies that they are good for you, but apprantly they do taste better.

The confusion arose when some wee jakeball pie tester telt them "these pies are helfi by the way"

I tasted no difference in my matchday pie. It was also stuck to the bottom of the tin too which made it a mission to eat without making a mess of yourself.

Billy Bigtime

The article on the Hearts site is comedy gold! check this bit:-

Jambo Alistair Inglis of Corstorphine was quick to give the pies the thumbs-up during yesterday's Clydesdale Bank Premier League clash with Hamilton, saying: "I think the catering is very good and I usually eat three or four pies at each game!" :eek:

This latest healthy initiative at Hearts follows the launch earlier this season of the hugely popular meal deals for kids at Tynecastle

What's healthy about eating four pies at each game???

Considering the old pies tasted like they were as old as the club itself then I can only imagine these new pies will be better.

Fixed that for you!

I had a pie on Sunday.

If I'd known it was good for me, I wouldn't have bothered.

These health nazis won't catch ol' IJ out, that's for sure.

The Treasurer

I had two steak pies yesterday, they were beautiful smile.gif

Must have been a hell of a big queue judging by the amount of the game you missed biggrin.gif

Guest JamboRobbo

Thought my pie looked different on Sunday.

Tasted really good - although didn't take much to improve on the burnt ones they used to serve.

The Pie Stand in the main stand is a total disgrace !!

1 person serving and taking the money and 1 person pouring hot drinks.

Wait 20 mins just to get a hot drink and a warm pie.

got a cup of tea and a pie and instantly thought these pies taste better and have no grease at all in them hit the spot with me :thumbsup:

Archived