Zaliukas

BigC

2-3 times when the ball went out for a goal kick in the 2nd halk, Zal looked like he was talking to someone in the Gorgie Stand. Anyone know who, or what he was saying?

It looked like he was telling the ball boy to slow it down a bit...I've seen him do it a couple of times this season on the wheatfield stand side.

had a laugh with the ball boy saying slow down :sarcasm: as he knows well that ball boy doesent move at all

he also had a chuckle with someone behind the goals

another superb game from zal and kello

had a laugh with the ball boy saying slow down :sarcasm: as he knows well that ball boy doesent move at all

Both him and Kucharski were outstanding today.

:D

Yep the ball went out of play the ball boy never moved an inch :down:

Mikey Gardiner

Both him and Kucharski were outstanding today.

I agree. By far kucharski's best game for us today and Zal was also outstanding as usual. kello made a great save from paixao's shot.

Agree that it appeared to be "take your time" to the ball boy, but I couldn't care if he recited "Mary had a little lamb", the guy is pure class and again showed great leadership qualities and encouragement to those in maroon. ZALI for captain any day. Nuff said :thumbsup:

Captain Canada

I agree that overall Zal had a good game today but I wish he would cut out his crazy spells. In 5 minutes today he attempted a 40 yard shot, got booked for a needless foul and then gave Kello a shocker of a back pass. It was like watching a different player as he was very assured for the other 85 minutes of the match.

I was singing the praises of Lee Wallace today to my old-man, he's got the lot, great touch, composure, temprament, pace, tackling, shooting, etc and said i'd be gob-smacked if he's here sat the end of the season. I finished it off by saying that on today's performance I also thought Zaliukas is capable of playing in the English Premiership as I definitely think he's going to improve with age.

I agree that overall Zal had a good game today but I wish he would cut out his crazy spells. In 5 minutes today he attempted a 40 yard shot, got booked for a needless foul and then gave Kello a shocker of a back pass. It was like watching a different player as he was very assured for the other 85 minutes of the match.

I'm afraid that's just the wacky 'bag of frogs' that is the highly loveable Zal :thumbsup:

Thunderstruck

Another good game. Has a good partnership with Kucharski and Kello and it is good to see that they talk to each other constantly.

In first half, I could hear Zal shouting to the team fro 70-80yds away in Gorgie Stand.

Not sure if he was fully fit in second half - ha was stretching out his hamstrings on a couple of occasions.

Good interview on Radio after the game.

jamboinglasgow

I was singing the praises of Lee Wallace today to my old-man, he's got the lot, great touch, composure, temprament, pace, tackling, shooting, etc and said i'd be gob-smacked if he's here sat the end of the season. I finished it off by saying that on today's performance I also thought Zaliukas is capable of playing in the English Premiership as I definitely think he's going to improve with age.

I have been really impressed with Lee in the last two matches. I think he will excel under JJ and he will be off in the summer.

Another good game. Has a good partnership with Kucharski and Kello and it is good to see that they talk to each other constantly.

In first half, I could hear Zal shouting to the team fro 70-80yds away in Gorgie Stand.

Not sure if he was fully fit in second half - ha was stretching out his hamstrings on a couple of occasions.

Good interview on Radio after the game.

Zal is fantastic for shouting at players to encourage them and order them around. He is great with the younger players. A free-kick from Novi that didn't really work but went out for a corner, Zal went over to Novi and looked to say some words of encouragement.

Zal can sign a pre-contract with anyone from May this year onwards. I think he is more important that Jose to get signed up. Best defender at the club and a great role model.

If he maitains his form, he could win himself a book move like Berra and land us a decent return in the bargain.

My first thought was that he was arguing with someone in the crowd.

Zal was outstanding today and the way he's embraced the responsabilty of the captaincy is outstanding. Hearts should be looking to tie him down on a long-term contract ASAP.

I agree, plays for 85 minutes as if he should be in another league, premiership or the like and then puts in five minutes when you think he should be in another league, West of Scotland juniors or the like.

When he learns to concentrate for the entire match he will be an accomplished player.

Zal can sign a pre-contract with anyone from May this year onwards. I think he is more important that Jose to get signed up. Best defender at the club and a great role model.

If he maitains his form, he could win himself a book move like Berra and land us a decent return in the bargain.

Including Hearts! :thumbsup:

In an after-match interview, he was asked if he was pleased we were consolidating 6th place and just behind motherwell..

He said he didn't care, as long as we caught h*bs.

tartofmidlothian

Was in France the other year, caught a France v Lithuania qualifier on the box. Zali was Lithuania's best player by a mile, and one of the three or four best players on the park.

I actually thought Zal looked a bit shaky yesterday. Uusually I'm a huge fan, but he was caught out a few times with some really dangerous, unforced errors. 2 of which I thought Kello did well to deal with.

He's undoubtedly our best defender but, as others have said, I wish he would cut out the erratic mistakes. Saying that, though, it may very well be those mistakes that are keeping him at Hearts...

Archived