important meeting

brian1874

Nucky Thompson
"...this is a Hibs Hope"

They could have worded the administration question better to be honest.

I thought that was quality:)

"...this is a Hibs Hope"

They could have worded the administration question better to be honest.

I'm stunned that such and answer is on the official Hearts website.

Buffalo Bill

"Where do you see the Club in 5 years time?

I hope that I can be successful in attracting more investors into smaller teams, as more competition for us to win the League."

Not overly comfortable with this bit.......

Would be a nice excuse in 5 years to back out that we as a club have no control over.

Scottish football will never have the same investment unless TV and sponsors start to invest more, apart from that the information released does sound promising but I'll certainly not relax until I see some things put in to place.

Buffalo Bill

Just another Romanov throwaway line BB - there have been worse - monkeys etc...

Tynecastle Valhalla

I am a bit sceptical that Romanov said those things.

Quotes such as Hibs hope and believe to me sound like a hearts fan has written that.

Awfully long way to ask 5-6 questions though.

Thats exactly what I thought. I read that they had a 3 hour meeting with him. Surely more was discussed in 3 hours.

I note also the double negative in VR's answer regarding administration. We debated this last night on this board and everyone agreed the confusion of that answer must be due to the omission of a full stop. Well the official Website has omitted that full stop and the meaning of that sentence surely isn't what is intended.

I'm not too happy with the response to the debt questions. Basically amounts to "Don't worry about the debt. I'm rich. Trust me." Hardly convincing and transparent economics. Why can't he just explain simply how a debt of approx ?80m will be paid off by a new stand?

This Q & A has nothing concrete or incisive just platitudes and gestures.

Buffalo Bill

That too grabbed my attention. I can't imagine any other club printing something like that on their website.

But then as Robbie once said "We are Hearts."

I suppose he meant we do things differently.

Vlad_Knows_Best

For all of those who on here said that Vlad was saying sorry and that he realises he had got it wrong well think on.

Do you agree that mistakes have been made in the past regarding team management, team selection and squad rotation?

Rotation systems can work when the rotated players are of the right quality, but I do understand the need for consistency.

No where does Vlad say he got it wrong when it came to the team selection or team management.

Also agree that 3 hours and that's all that was asked seems a bit strange.

Colonel Kurtz
That too grabbed my attention. I can't imagine any other club printing something like that on their website.

But then as Robbie once said "We are Hearts."

I suppose he meant we do things differently.

No he means the source of the rumours

Also watch for foreign investment in Gretna

"Where do you see the Club in 5 years time?

I hope that I can be successful in attracting more investors into smaller teams, as more competition for us to win the League."

Not overly comfortable with this bit.......

Would be a nice excuse in 5 years to back out that we as a club have no control over.

Scottish football will never have the same investment unless TV and sponsors start to invest more, apart from that the information released does sound promising but I'll certainly not relax until I see some things put in to place.

At least he's not saying that we'll win the Champions League!!!

No he means the source of the rumours

Also watch for foreign investment in Gretna

By "I suppose we do things differently" I meant thats what Robbie meant.

I know what VR meant. I'm actually sceptical as to whether I believe VR said that comment about Hibs. Probably added with his permission though. In any case its a petty thing to say. Sinking to their level.

Foreign investment in Gretna? Is that why there is a random image of Brookes Nielson and VR at the top of the official website article?

You'd have to question the sanity of investing in Gretna. Mind you that should worry us, they're the only thing keeping us up!

Buffalo Bill

I regret to say that I'm not.

By The Light..

All I care about is what on the park and the league table does not lie.

The rotation system where you have not two, but three players for each position, I would of asked which of our coaching staff introduced this and why it was allowed to continue so long.

I think we're too busy looking for things to worry about these days. We need to stop listening to 'Hibs hopes' and focus more on the positive things that are happening...and there ARE positives, they're just being diluted by all this misery and angst. The club made a huge announcement this week and it was really sad to see that the reaction was fairly lukewarm, more people were worried about the financial implications than the benefits for the club. Changed days I guess though....

On a more positive note, it's great to see that the Federation did ask for at least some of the news to be shared with the fans as a whole. I've done my fair share of grumbling about them this week and while I'm still entirely sceptical about them, it's good to see that they are giving at least some though to the wider audience. I'd much rather see the full notes from the meeting but heyho...

MayfieldJambo
All I care about is what on the park and the league table does not lie.

The rotation system where you have not two, but three players for each position, I would of asked which of our coaching staff introduced this and why it was allowed to continue so long.

What he said?

Well thats as much of an admission that mistakes have been made in the past as we are ever likely to see from Vlad. Lets just hope that the actions are good enough to replace the words, talk is cheap.

Sub4TiddlerMurray

Buffalo Bill

Looks like a translation thing and he means the administration rumours are coming from Hibs fans rather than Hibs per se.

I thought it was quite astute and shows he's paying attention to what's being talked about, possibly on JKB,

Sub4TiddlerMurray

Personally, I'm happy with Vlad's reply to the questions. He accepts that the league position is not good and he has agreed to give a manager autonomy. I'm freakin delighted about that!! :dribble:

I can see his logic about rotation too, with 3 good players for each position, it just hasn't worked so far and some of his countrymen haven't been as good as perhaps he thought they were - Velicka, Zaliukas (I've not forgotten how good he has played for us even if he has had a few stinkers recently), Chesney and Audrey excepted (I hope Miko does turn things around with the new set up).

Allied to the new stadium plans which look truly awesome, the glut of great young players on our books from under 14's upwards and the big improvements behind the scenes, I think we should cut Vlad some slack here and give him some credit where credit is due.

Personally, I'm happy with Vlad's reply to the questions. He accepts that the league position is not good and he has agreed to give a manager autonomy. I'm freakin delighted about that!! :dribble:

I can see his logic about rotation too, with 3 good players for each position, it just hasn't worked so far and some of his countrymen haven't been as good as perhaps he thought they were - Velicka, Zaliukas (I've not forgotten how good he has played for us even if he has had a few stinkers recently), Chesney and Audrey excepted (I hope Miko does turn things around with the new set up).

Allied to the new stadium plans which look truly awesome, the glut of great young players on our books from under 14's upwards and the big improvements behind the scenes, I think we should cut Vlad some slack here and give him some credit where credit is due.

I think that this is a far too sensible and upbeat post.

:)

No need to repeat himself, after all he is already on the record for that quote.

I think we're too busy looking for things to worry about these days. We need to stop listening to 'Hibs hopes' and focus more on the positive things that are happening...and there ARE positives, they're just being diluted by all this misery and angst. The club made a huge announcement this week and it was really sad to see that the reaction was fairly lukewarm, more people were worried about the financial implications than the benefits for the club. Changed days I guess though....

On a more positive note, it's great to see that the Federation did ask for at least some of the news to be shared with the fans as a whole. I've done my fair share of grumbling about them this week and while I'm still entirely sceptical about them, it's good to see that they are giving at least some though to the wider audience. I'd much rather see the full notes from the meeting but heyho...

Give us a compeditive football team back, there will be far more appreciation. I for one could not care less about a new stand and hotel. if the quality on the field of play doesnt improve Romanov SR and Jr as well as Pedro can go and make sand castles in the middle of it, cause there wont be many people coming to watch the on field product.

marshallschunkychicken
Looks like a translation thing and he means the administration rumours are coming from Hibs fans rather than Hibs per se.

I thought it was quite astute and shows he's paying attention to what's being talked about, possibly on JKB,

It's exactly the sort of thing the SFA / SPL can take the wrong way, and hammer him / us for though.

Guest JamboRobbo
the glut of great young players on our books from under 14's upwards and the big improvements behind the scenes,

such as?

portobellojambo1

Exactly it was a light hearted answer to a question put to him, and would indicate he is getting some feedback with regard to where news on Hearts emanates from.

Very pleased with the questions put, and answers given, in fact given that the questions asked all came from members of the FHSC, a group who have no time for Hearts or Hearts fans (or so you would think if you were a guest viewer of JKB) I actually think that they have a good grasp of what questions need asked, and what problems exist around our club.

The scariest thing is thst he states he is happy with the development of Wallace and Elliot (even worse). I'm sorry Vlad but the youngsters need to be a hell of a lot better than them if we are going to compete for top 6 nevermind 3rd.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
such as?

I've posted this before, but I met the U14s coach at a xmas night out and he was creaming himself about the talent we have on our books, and I quote, "especially at 14's level" where he said some of the boys were the best in the country.

This was their U19's and below coaches night out and, judging by the number of guys at their table, I hadn't realised how many we had working at all levels to bring these young lads through. It certainly left me well pleased.

Billy the Jambo

Yawn yawn fecking yawn we have heard it all before lets see action vlad not words talk is cheap.All the vlad sheep are salivating about this i dont know why, the new stand will NOT happen get that into your thick skulls oh sorry i can,t say anything against our great leader on here because anything he says goes.The federation guys that went to see him are just at the head of a very long queue of vlad erse lickers whatever vlad said they would agree with the mad one says jump the sheep say how high it makes me sick that most supporters are falling for his crap

Dusk_Till_Dawn

My favourites quotes:

"The debt for the development of the Main Stand will be added to the Club's existing debt however this should not be a concern to supporters as there will be no problem with us dealing with this situation. Trust us to deliver." Right you are then.

On the rumours that we might enter administration: "I can categorically deny that this is not the case." Might have worded that better.

"I hope that I can be successful in attracting more investors into smaller teams, as more competition for us to win the League." Eh?

If every comment is genuine then great, but I'm way past taking our Vlad at face value

Dusk_Till_Dawn
I've posted this before, but I met the U14s coach at a xmas night out and he was creaming himself about the talent we have on our books, and I quote, "especially at 14's level" where he said some of the boys were the best in the country.

An impartial comment, especially since he's the under-14s coach!

ToadKiller Dog
Yawn yawn fecking yawn we have heard it all before lets see action vlad not words talk is cheap.All the vlad sheep are salivating about this i dont know why, the new stand will NOT happen get that into your thick skulls oh sorry i can,t say anything against our great leader on here because anything he says goes.The federation guys that went to see him are just at the head of a very long queue of vlad erse lickers whatever vlad said they would agree with the mad one says jump the sheep say how high it makes me sick that most supporters are falling for his crap

So putting in the planning application is not action,taking in applications for the managers job is not some form of action ,yes time will tell if the words will become real.

please back up your claim that the stand will NOT happen what hard evidence do you have which can be put into our thick skulls.you made a definite claim back it up with facts.

Happy to back that up.

Also a good friend's U15 boy recently moved from the "shambles" (his words) at Murray Park through to Riccarton on John Murray's invitation.

The father, who's also been a schools coach himself for many years can't speak highly enough of Hearts, the team, coaching standard & general set-up.

Not bad praise from a Hun who admits to choking on every word of praise given !

Billy the Jambo
So putting in the planning application is not action,taking in applications for the managers job is not some form of action ,yes time will tell if the words will become real.

please back up your claim that the stand will NOT happen what hard evidence do you have which can be put into our thick skulls.you made a definite claim back it up with facts.

I don,t have any facts its just my opinion maybe i should have said that in my post .There is one fact everything that comes out of the mad ones mouth is a pile of horse manure in my opinion of course

Assuming that you are correct in what you say. What sort of masterplan do you have as an alternative ?

If he ever said that at all...........don't forget Fireworks Phil was our front man at that time !!!!!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Assuming that you are correct in what you say. What sort of masterplan do you have as an alternative ?

What sort of a question's that? All he's saying is that he thinks Vlad is talking bollocks

jamboinglasgow
Happy to back that up.

Also a good friend's U15 boy recently moved from the "shambles" (his words) at Murray Park through to Riccarton on John Murray's invitation.

The father, who's also been a schools coach himself for many years can't speak highly enough of Hearts, the team, coaching standard & general set-up.

Not bad praise from a Hun who admits to choking on every word of praise given !

That is good news, I keep forgetting (and maybe so do others) that there is more to hearts youth then the U19's if we can get the Great players early and build them up with quality coaching then we have the making of a great youth system. Though it is worth noting that if they are in the U14's it will be at least 5 years before we see them. Though remember John Murry mentioning some quality youth players in the U17's which could be great.

portobellojambo1

Safe to assume you are not a member of a federation supporters club then, since you know neither gentleman that was there, nor the feelings of the federation at this time.

So along with all the other insults which are hurled at the supporters groups by "Hearts fans" on JKB we are now tagged with another, erse lickers.

Great to get an idea of what the non aligned "Hearts fans" really think.

Nucky Thompson
Baaaa, Baaaa.:sheep::sheep::5643:

From Perth to Paisley
That is good news, I keep forgetting (and maybe so do others) that there is more to hearts youth then the U19's if we can get the Great players early and build them up with quality coaching then we have the making of a great youth system. Though it is worth noting that if they are in the U14's it will be at least 5 years before we see them. Though remember John Murry mentioning some quality youth players in the U17's which could be great.

This is actually a massive thing that people keep forgetting.

We will only see the real effects of the academy after a group of youngsters have progressed right through the system. Now I'm not sure what age we start signing players but you are talking at least 6 or 7 years for boys who are 10 or 11 to reach 17 and 18.

The players in the current 17s should be the start of a better group as they will have had the benefits of the facilities at HW since they were 14.

Obviously we can expect to see a slight increase in terms of the quality of the U19s. But in reality they benefit the same way as the first team do - purely in terms of the facilities they have for training.

jamboinglasgow
This is actually a massive thing that people keep forgetting.

We will only see the real effects of the academy after a group of youngsters have progressed right through the system. Now I'm not sure what age we start signing players but you are talking at least 6 or 7 years for boys who are 10 or 11 to reach 17 and 18.

The players in the current 17s should be the start of a better group as they will have had the benefits of the facilities at HW since they were 14.

Obviously we can expect to see a slight increase in terms of the quality of the U19s. But in reality they benefit the same way as the first team do - purely in terms of the facilities they have for training.

correct, as annoying as it is having to wait, it will be defently worth it. Think it is the current U17 team that is a high standard (can our resident youth watchers back that up) with a few players shown to be really good, the one to watch I keep hearing is Scott Robertson, though not knowing too much about him but think he is a midfielder and seen as one of the best of his age group. The point is that we will see a conveyor belt of talent coming through at the momment it is going real slow but will pick up over the nest few seasons.

Also is their anyway we could get foregin youngsters in our youth system earlier? Or would this just be too much hassle.

Archived