?113 Million

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

If you won the euromillions tonight would you invest anything in HMFC?

I would offer to pay for the main stand and reduce debt in return for Romanov fecking off!!

I would offer to pay for the main stand and reduce debt in return for Romanov fecking off!!

?80M but only if Romanov and his gang departed.

?40M for the debt. ?20M for a stand and ?20M for players.

About ?50 million.

Not sure what the debt is at the moment, ?35 Million?

Then ?10 Million on a budget stand main stand and ?5 Million on players.

I P Knightley

I'd be looking for a slightly better and less risky return on my money.

Hookers and blow all the way.

Besides, by suggesting that investment is needed, you are surely questioning the current stewardship of the club. I understand that we're doing fine with Vlad at the helm. No interference required.

I wouldnt invest in it currently but i wouldnt let us leave Tynie or watch the club go bust if i had to step in then i would.

So enough to secure that if need be as a charitable donation then to sell the club as a viable option making sure the 75ft statue of me was made outside the ground.

I'd love to invest some money in Hearts if i won the euro millions. But Romanov would probably snatch it and purchase a russian submarine or buy Obuas one legged brother.

I would like to clear some debt and then bring in some talented british youngsters and build a good team spirit. Players that will put their heart on the line and fight for the jersey.

Adopt an attacking philosophy so that the fans can once again enjoy the spectacle put on from the players week in week out.

Not a Freakin Bean...I wouldn't be in this country for long, after the cheque had cleared!! thumbsup.gif

What he said...........but I would also finish the work that Wallace Mercer started down leith way.

tongue.gif

Having no business acumen whatsoever, I would stay well clear of investing at this time. Maybe donate for the new stand or to clear the debt once I've had my fill of fast cars and drugs.

I would put enough in to get us debt free and buy out romanov. Get us a new stand built and then employ someone like Phil Anderton to run the club whilst i took the plaudits for saving the famous.

Dean Winchester

?5-?10 million.... Possibly more if I had legal guarantees the money was being used by Hearts.

But I would also probably put away ?20 million and set it up so that the interest goes to Hearts for the rest of my life.

Since this is fantasy - you would need a large chunk to buy the shares from Vlad and write off the debt say ?40 million to get the club debt free. Thereafter the club would need to finance itself from sponsorship, gates, TV, shirt sales etc!

In reality - I would give them nothing - just ask the lottery winner who invested in Livingstone with Dominic Keane - not a good move.

Id give them nothing as Ill never win the Euro's or even the normal lottery. So no point in imagining it would happen cause the chances are 0.00000% as I don't play it. :lol:

Miller Jambo 60

Not a Freakin Bean...I wouldn't be in this country for long, after the cheque had cleared!! :thumbsup:

Call yersell a jambo Ma Ha.

Wife says i can buy a stand and treat KB and money for a top striker :whistling:

A reasonable amount. I mean, how daft would you have to go to erse the whole ?113m yourself just 'having a good time'

I'd certainly buy out VR to begin with, at least then we could start to operate like a proper club. Ach I'd maybe go the whole hog and pay off the entire debt too, rebuild the main stand.....and probably finance one years transfer costs ?

I wouldn't fling the whole lot at the club though as I think anyone left at the helm would very possibly waste it if they had access to the rest.

I'd honestly like to see the club grow organicly after that cash boost

So basically ?60m ?

If I was building a new stand, I'd go back to the old plans for a hotel and stick a big old penthouse on it with a pitch view. Tidy. :thumb:

If I was building a new stand, I'd go back to the old plans for a hotel and stick a big old penthouse on it with a pitch view. Tidy. :thumb:

Excellent idea

What an address too ..............No 1 Tynecastle park ?

Mind, you'd have to close the lounge curtains if you were having a swally though

portobellojambo1

Given my age, the fact I'm single and I have no desire to leave Edinburgh I would imagine I'd be willing to commit around £112 million, although I would still be struggling to decide what to spend the £1 million on I'd keep for myself.

The initial spend would be to clear the debt and purchase the shareholding (around £25 million should do that I reckon). Then I'd reduce my shareholding to 50.01%, and make the remainder available again. Without the required knowledge to formally run a business I'd be looking for others to come on board to assist.

I'd make no promises, other than HMFC would continue to exist and play at Tynecastle (assuming that be the wish of all concerned), I would then look to get the club functioning again properly (which would include paying everything absolutely on time, i.e. when bills come in, not 3, 4, 5, 12 months later) and winning football matches on the park.

The only problem I have is I don't do the Euro lottery so the chances of it happening as above, I suspect, are relatively slim !!!!!

Comforting to know I'm not quite as sad as I thought I was for wondering just how much money I would spend on Hearts if I won the Euro millions.

I eventually thought of about £40-50 million. £25-30m to buy out Romanov and another £15-20m to help clear the squad and bring in some decent replacements. Then I'd get out and let someone else run Hearts the way the club should be run.

I'd also probably keep £10-15m aside to bail the club out again when the next owner f**ks it up.

willie wallace

If you went the whole hog and bought the club would you give the manager carte blanche in the signing of players.I don't think i would.I can't imagine letting someone spend my money on a player i don't even rate.I would not go as far as Vlad and pick the team,well not if we were winning.

portobellojambo1

If you went the whole hog and bought the club would you give the manager carte blanche in the signing of players.I don't think i would.I can't imagine letting someone spend my money on a player i don't even rate.I would not go as far as Vlad and pick the team,well not if we were winning.

I honestly don't think that happens at any club. I think the major problem at Hearts is that the owner isn't located in Edinburgh, and isn't on site regularly. At most clubs the manager and board of directors meet, regularly, often once a month, to discuss the playing pool and potential signing targets. At almost every other club, during the now existing transfer windows, the manager presents his signing targets to the board and they then take the names forward, and enquire as to what sort of remuneration package said players are looking for.

Once they have determined this, and also feel the identified players will boost their club, it then moves onto the next stage. I think the idea that at all other clubs other than Hearts the manager simply pops out to a cafe/pub/restaurant, meets players and/or their agents and proceeds to concluding deals there and then is one of the biggest fallacies going.

There is a procedure in place at all clubs, admittedly our seems to differ slightly (but as I say above I suspect that is more to do with the owner being offshore than anything else).

I`d say to Vlad to name his price for Hearts and then pay enough to make the debt manageable, not pay it off totally. Say thats in the region of 20-30 mill gone.

I`d then take time to get the right business people around me to help run affairs while learning a bit myself. I`d stump up a decent chunk with a willing sponsor to take its share in a new main stand, holding 10,000 plus all the shenanigans that goes with it...taking Tynies capacity to 23,500.

I`d try and get Hearts relying on its own finance while now and again helping finance the odd transfer. And, leave the football to the football people as long as they don`t make a Roger Hunt of it too much!

Radioactive Mince

So.... Anybody win the ?56 million then? :rolleyes:

ProbaBLY me, but the stupid Lotto site still has last week's numbers up as 'results' you'd think they'd at least keep up..

Mince

I would put enough in to get us debt free and buy out romanov. Get us a new stand built and then employ someone like Phil Anderton to run the club whilst i took the plaudits for saving the famous.

I had a think about this the other night as well, what a bunch of sad gits.

My first thought was buy out Romanov (which wouldn't cost ?35m! He only bought us for about ?1m, if that?!), pay off debt, do something about the main stand and then maybe think about chucking some money at the squad. Then I thought, 'nah'.

The Burley season has already show that a bit of acumen and some cash can buy you a Champions League spot for very little. I too would employ an Anderton to take charge of things, invest a little bit of money and enjoy the ?10m and league title at the end of the season. Do this three years running and then I'd think about doing up the stadium.

Archived