The Maroonlegions UFO All-in-One Mammoth Thread

maroonlegions

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
itsnomarooned

Bigger? :unsure:

As smart arse remarks go that was at least pretty funny.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

As smart arse remarks go that was at least pretty funny.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It was feckin hilarious compared to my usual attempts to be fair.

maroonlegions

Just throwing this in here but apparently human blood and the cells they contain viewed through the most powerful microscope appears or looks like crystals or is in a crystallization appearance... given rise to the speculation that while our DNA carries or contains all sorts of information the crystallization appearance of powerfully magnified human blood could be a kind of a receiver,(spiritual), a radio contains crystals to enable it to work efficiently if my memory is correct .., of course this could all be a crock of horse s**** but interesting none the less.

Chaka Demus & pliers

Just throwing this in here but apparently human blood and the cells they contain viewed through the most powerful microscope appears or looks like crystals or is in a crystallization appearance... given rise to the speculation that while our DNA carries or contains all sorts of information the crystallization appearance of powerfully magnified human blood could be a kind of a receiver,(spiritual), a radio contains crystals to enable it to work efficiently if my memory is correct .., of course this could all be a crock of horse s**** but interesting none the less.

I think you might be on to something there.

Probably not like, but you never know eh?

Edit - having given this some more consideration I reckon it's horseshit.

heartgarfunkel
So, as some astro physicists have pontificated that there are more stars,(suns), in our universe than there are grains of sand on the earth here is a picture of sand.. viewed under a 250x microscope..

994867_638109806210034_1779419702_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/IFeakingLoveScience?hc_location=timeline

That's rectangular sand. Normal sand has got other stuff in it.

bigladatthebackpost

Its a bag of Japanese rice crackers really though, isn't it?

The People's Chimp

I don't advise a haircut, man.

withnail.jpg

maroonlegions

I don't advise a haircut, man.

withnail.jpg

Ha,ha,yes indeed but who knows eh and i bet ya the length of ones hair is insignificant to, well i was thinking of adding any new scientific discoveries or breakthroughs to this thread instead of starting a new one, this one below has future implications, small steps before one can run and all that.. "quantum spin liquid" may not sound very appealing now but how knows what other manifestations or implications this could have in the future.

quote from article below;

"(Phys.org)?A research team including scientists from the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) has confirmed long-standing suspicions among physicists that electrons in a crystalline structure called a kagome (kah-go-may) lattice can form a "spin liquid," a novel quantum state of matter in which the electrons' magnetic orientation remains in a constant state of change."

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2012-12-newly-quantum-liquid-beauty-simplicity.html#jCp

For newly discovered 'quantum spin liquid', the beauty is in its simplicity

Dec 20, 2012

141-clipboard-1.jpg

This image depicts magnetic effects within Herbertsmithite crystals, where green regions represent higher scattering of neutrons from NIST's Multi-Angle Crystal Spectrometer (MACS). Scans of typical highly-qordered magnetic materials show only

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2012-12-newly-quantum-liquid-beauty-simplicity.html#jC

Guest Bilel Mohsni

:rofl:

I a absolutely adore much of this thread... pretty much all the batshit mental crazy stuff... :lol:

I took 10ml of blood out my arm in the lab today and used it to tune in to XFM. :smug:

maroonlegions

I a absolutely adore much of this thread... pretty much all the batshit mental crazy stuff... :lol:

I took 10ml of blood out my arm in the lab today and used it to tune in to XFM. :smug:

ha,ha, what power of microscope did you use , shit station a though...lol

maroonlegions

This breakthrough from 2009 was to violate the laws of physics so a bunch of scientific academics believe or to put it another way, the way in which meta-materials interact with light that was known to science was to change.This was and is a very important discovery in the possibility of "cloaking" or "invisibility" .Stealth like technologies becoming a reality may be a long way of but with each and every breakthrough/discovery made that reality comes closer. Professor David.R.Smith of the Duke university and Tai Jun Cui of the Southeast university in Nanjiing China led the work, they have managed to build a complex "light cloak" that's invisible to a broadband of microwave light and they achieved this in only ten days of experiments.We are truly living in an age of exciting times in the fields of astro physics and quantum mechanics ect , to quote John Pendry below when he takes delight in a bit of smugness .....

QUOTE;

?Their cloak ? answers the naysayers who predicted that cloaks would always be narrow-band and lossy,? says John Pendry, chair in theoretical solid-state physics at Imperial College London. Pendry did thetheoretical work upon which both the first invisibility cloak and its new successor are based. ?Needless to say, I am delighted with this development,? says Pendry. He and his Imperial College colleagueJensen Li proposed a theoretical version of abroadband cloak just last year, and at that time, he says, he ?did not expect such rapid experimental progress.?

Invisibility-Cloak Breakthrough

New software has enabled metamaterials to work with a broad band of frequencies.

cloak_x220_1.jpg

LINK....http://www.technologyreview.com/computing/21971/page1/

So in theory who knows what kind of technology will be in say the next 25/50 years time, stealth like cloaking capabilities for the military maybe or other avenues of benefit to humanity maybe, loving it.... coolness personified .

Chaka Demus & pliers

Has this thread been merged with the ML conspiracy theories and other stuff thread?

This breakthrough from 2009 was to violate the laws of physics so a bunch of scientific academics believe or to put it another way, the way in which meta-materials interact with light that was known to science was to change.This was and is a very important discovery in the possibility of "cloaking" or "invisibility" .Stealth like technologies becoming a reality may be a long way of but with each and every breakthrough/discovery made that reality comes closer. Professor David.R.Smith of the Duke university and Tai Jun Cui of the Southeast university in Nanjiing China led the work, they have managed to build a complex "light cloak" that's invisible to a broadband of microwave light and they achieved this in only ten days of experiments.We are truly living in an age of exciting times in the fields of astro physics and quantum mechanics ect , to quote John Pendry below when he takes delight in a bit of smugness .....

QUOTE;

?Their cloak ? answers the naysayers who predicted that cloaks would always be narrow-band and lossy,? says John Pendry, chair in theoretical solid-state physics at Imperial College London. Pendry did thetheoretical work upon which both the first invisibility cloak and its new successor are based. ?Needless to say, I am delighted with this development,? says Pendry. He and his Imperial College colleagueJensen Li proposed a theoretical version of abroadband cloak just last year, and at that time, he says, he ?did not expect such rapid experimental progress.?

New software has enabled metamaterials to work with a broad band of frequencies.

cloak_x220_1.jpg

So in theory who knows what kind of technology will be in say the next 25/50 years time, stealth like cloaking capabilities for the military maybe or other avenues of benefit to humanity maybe, loving it.... coolness personified .

Found this picture of a cloaking device used on a prototype tank.

Isn't new technology amazing?

maroonlegions

Now this is when we start entering the realms of serious coolness and perspective from the standpoint that it was only a couple of hundred years ago that the light we had was in the form of a candle.As most know the spread of light is fast, very fast but to be able to stop it , be it for only a few seconds is a profound scientific achievement.

Some scientists at the Dramstadt in Germany managed to stop light for one minute.This could even lead to some very important clues on possible accelerating light beyond the universal speed limit. Again and in time what consequences could this breakthrough have for humanity, indeed are the possibilities for the benefits for humanity just beginning to manifest, i would say a yes to that just now. Quantum memory leading to a quantum internet .........lol.

But seriously though if we can put military uses aside , a propulsion system for space light sails could be developed, also the glaringly obvious one or usage would be along the lines of "data storage" as implied by the article.Then what about portable laser technology that did not have to generate its own light beam and did not really weigh that much, of course this is all based on them finding the right combination of materials and charging techniques, technology eh, what lies ahead....lol.

snippet from article;

"Scientists at the University of Darmstadt in Germany have stopped light for one minute. For one whole minute, light, which is usually the fastest thing in the known universe and travels at 300 million meters per second, was stopped dead still inside a crystal. This effectively creates light memory, where the image being carried by the light is stored in crystals. Beyond being utterly cool, this breakthrough could lead to the creation of long-range quantum networks ? and perhaps, tantalizingly, this research might also give us some clues on accelerating light beyond the universal speed limit".

Light stopped completely for a minute inside a crystal: The basis of quantum memory;

quartz-crystal-640x353.jpg

Research paper: DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevLett.111.033601 ? ?Stopped Light and Image Storage by Electromagnetically Induced Transparency up to the Regime of One Minute?

maroonlegions

Has this thread been merged with the ML conspiracy theories and other stuff thread?

No need as i said in my post i was thinking of starting a thread on scientific discoveries or breakthroughs, no conspiracies needed, these discoveries ect are from credible scientific sources, why do you feel the need to merge conspiracy theories, all that will be posted in this thread will be check-able and sourced articles from respected and credible sources. Any one who has the balls to contribute their own interests in the fields of new scientific breakthroughs they come across or are interested in may do so , this is not a thread for immature pesh taking or those seeking to avoid doing their homework..., hopefully the MODS will keep a close eye on this thread, this thread is aimed at serious articles by credible scientific academics and they work they are involved in and any updates or new discoverers made by them....

QUOTE;

cloak_x220_1.jpg

Can't be arsed to read that, but I'm assuming it's the left handed media one (-ve refractive index stuff). If I remember correctly there was a mistake in the maths and thus it can't be manufactured. There is of course the caveat, that I don't remember correctly which is a fair chance as I barely understood the talk about the stuff when it was given. You could apparently make a perfect lens with the stuff too somehow.

maroonlegions

Ha, ha, loving the title of this latest discovery of a "3D printing metal" referring it to a "Terminator 2 -style liquid metal can now be 3D printed" lol;

Seriously though this could introduce a new range of "flexible electronics" plus unlike mercury its non toxic, you could make metal structure's that you could bend and deform to suit your intended design...lol. Trying to get my head around potentially letting you print plastic objects containing metal wiring...

Terminator 2-style liquid metal can now be 3D printed;

snippet from article;

It's not quite as advanced as in
, but a way of
liquid metal could
a new range of flexible electronics.

An alloy of metals gallium and indium that is liquid at room temperature forms a thin skin when exposed to air, which is strong enough to hold the liquid's shape.

of North Carolina State University in Raleigh and colleagues put the alloy in a syringe and were able to squeeze out wires, about a centimetre tall, that stood vertically

link;

maroonlegions

Can't be arsed to read that, but I'm assuming it's the left handed media one (-ve refractive index stuff). If I remember correctly there was a mistake in the maths and thus it can't be manufactured. There is of course the caveat, that I don't remember correctly which is a fair chance as I barely understood the talk about the stuff when it was given. You could apparently make a perfect lens with the stuff too somehow.

cheers for the feed back "oldnick", do you have any source link that contains a more in-dept analysis of the "mistakes in the maths" that lead to it not being possible for manufacture, cheers.

Chaka Demus & pliers

It has now

This one was shared on here before but it's a complete mind-feck! Quantum Locking.

maroonlegions

So much copying and pasting, though.

:jjyay:

You forgot to mention that i have added my own text then provided SNIPPETS from the relative sourced articles and then provided links to the sourced article. :devil2:

maroonlegions

It has now

Mind you would find it hard to link any of the recent articles on the topic of new discoveries with a conspiracy theory , now thats funny eh...lol

Chaka Demus & pliers

Mind you would find it hard to link any of the recent articles on the topic of new discoveries with a conspiracy theory , now thats funny eh...lol

Stay on topic please.

maroonlegions

Sprites as they are know are a rare atmospheric phenomena and a lot is not known or understood about them but they happen, nice article about recent sprites and some photos to, are these rare atmospheric phenomena responsible for a percentage of UFO reports /cases, from aviation pilots ???

snippet from article is provided below as well as source link.

Rare Atmospheric Phenomenon Observed from Armagh;

anim.gif

jc51f91d77.jpg

SNIPPET

"Unlike common lightning discharges, which often jump between clouds or between the clouds and the ground, sprites are associated with similarly powerful electrical fields that occur high above the clouds of the Earth?s atmosphere".

The Armagh Observatory?s video recording is one of the very few sprite detection's on video footage from the UK and Ireland. Apart from being extraordinary and awesome to behold, the relatively recent discovery of sprites reminds us that the Earth?s upper atmosphere remains a mystery, with a lot still to be learned about the environment of our own planet.

SOURCE LINK; http://star.arm.ac.uk/press/2013/sprite.html

maroonlegions

Here is a set of statistics below in picture format that shows just how mind blowing and totally incomprehensible our part of the universe is, the Hubble space telescope has indeed contributed to a wealth of new information for planetary sciences and astrophysics that say 15/20 years ago would generally be just an unconfirmed speculation.Really puts into perspective just how vast and utterly monstrous in perception our universe is...Hubble has gone a stage further in helping seek out new plants or systems of planets orbiting their parent star,sun), that is it has helped discover new planets orbiting their suns in a habitual zone= these planets are not to close or not to far away from their suns, just like we are around our sun, just right for liquid water to exist and for life to exist in whatever form that may take......lol.

58589_696593260367247_405610783_n.jpg

970890_696595717033668_982970648_n.jpg

544839_696596057033634_337586949_n.jpg

1012457_696596410366932_1903006103_n.jpg

993338_696596633700243_1735257226_n.jpg

1003205_696596830366890_285073442_n.jpg

1148977_696596980366875_842527860_n.jpg

JamboInSouthsea

Now this is when we start entering the realms of serious coolness and perspective from the standpoint that it was only a couple of hundred years ago that the light we had was in the form of a candle.As most know the spread of light is fast, very fast but to be able to stop it , be it for only a few seconds is a profound scientific achievement.

Some scientists at the Dramstadt in Germany managed to stop light for one minute.This could even lead to some very important clues on possible accelerating light beyond the universal speed limit. Again and in time what consequences could this breakthrough have for humanity, indeed are the possibilities for the benefits for humanity just beginning to manifest, i would say a yes to that just now. Quantum memory leading to a quantum internet .........lol.

But seriously though if we can put military uses aside , a propulsion system for space light sails could be developed, also the glaringly obvious one or usage would be along the lines of "data storage" as implied by the article.Then what about portable laser technology that did not have to generate its own light beam and did not really weigh that much, of course this is all based on them finding the right combination of materials and charging techniques, technology eh, what lies ahead....lol.

snippet from article;

"Scientists at the University of Darmstadt in Germany have stopped light for one minute. For one whole minute, light, which is usually the fastest thing in the known universe and travels at 300 million meters per second, was stopped dead still inside a crystal. This effectively creates light memory, where the image being carried by the light is stored in crystals. Beyond being utterly cool, this breakthrough could lead to the creation of long-range quantum networks ? and perhaps, tantalizingly, this research might also give us some clues on accelerating light beyond the universal speed limit".

Light stopped completely for a minute inside a crystal: The basis of quantum memory;

quartz-crystal-640x353.jpg

Research paper: DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevLett.111.033601 ? ?Stopped Light and Image Storage by Electromagnetically Induced Transparency up to the Regime of One Minute?

Interesting but how would you actually see this light if it's been stopped as it isn't going anywhere and therefore can't be seen? (picture of crystal may be just for demo purposes tho')...perhaps total internal reflection as with fibre optic cables.

Also, if this light and therefore the photons have stopped moving, do they not as a result gain or develop mass...could they then get back up to speed of light C or be restricted as other particles with a mass are?

maroonlegions

Interesting but how would you actually see this light if it's been stopped as it isn't going anywhere and therefore can't be seen? (picture of crystal may be just for demo purposes tho')...perhaps total internal reflection as with fibre optic cables.

Also, if this light and therefore the photons have stopped moving, do they not as a result gain or develop mass...could they then get back up to speed of light C or be restricted as other particles with a mass are?

Cheers for the feed back , i think your answers to your questions lie in the actual scientific papers from the sources who carried out these experiments and discovered this observation of light in a stagnation format.

Phys. Rev. Lett. 111, 033601 (2013) [5 pages]

Stopped Light and Image Storage by Electromagnetically Induced Transparency up to the Regime of One Minute;

Georg Heinze*, Christian Hubrich, and Thomas Halfmann?

Institut f?r Angewandte Physik, Technische Universit?t Darmstadt, Hochschulstra?e 6, 64289 Darmstadt, Germany

physics_viewpoint.gifprlsugg30x30.png Received 28 March 2013; published 15 July 2013

See accompanying Physics Viewpoint

The maximal storage duration is an important benchmark for memories. In quantized media, storage times are typically limited due to stochastic interactions with the environment. Also, optical memories based on electromagnetically induced transparency (EIT) suffer strongly from such decoherent effects. External magnetic control fields may reduce decoherence and increase EIT storage times considerably but also lead to complicated multilevel structures. These are hard to prepare perfectly in order to push storage times toward the theoretical limit, i.e., the population lifetime T1. We present a self-learning evolutionary strategy to efficiently drive an EIT-based memory. By combination of the self-learning loop for optimized optical preparation and improved dynamical decoupling, we extend EIT storage times in a doped solid above 40 s. Moreover, we demonstrate storage of images by EIT for 1 min. These ultralong storage times set a new benchmark for EIT-based memories. The concepts are also applicable to other storage protocols.

? 2013 American Physical Society

URL:

http://link.aps.org/doi/10.1103/PhysRevLett.111.033601

DOI:

10.1103/PhysRevLett.111.033601

PACS:

42.50.Gy, 42.50.-p, 42.30.-d, 42.30.Va

*[email protected]

?http://www.iap.tu-darmstadt.de/nlq

link; http://prl.aps.org/abstract/PRL/v111/i3/e033601

JamboInSouthsea

Cheers for the feed back , i think your answers to your questions lie in the actual scientific papers from the sources who carried out these experiments and discovered this observation of light in a stagnation format.

Phys. Rev. Lett. 111, 033601 (2013) [5 pages]

Stopped Light and Image Storage by Electromagnetically Induced Transparency up to the Regime of One Minute;

Georg Heinze*, Christian Hubrich, and Thomas Halfmann?

Institut f?r Angewandte Physik, Technische Universit?t Darmstadt, Hochschulstra?e 6, 64289 Darmstadt, Germany

physics_viewpoint.gifprlsugg30x30.png Received 28 March 2013; published 15 July 2013

See accompanying PhysicsViewpoint

The maximal storage duration is an important benchmark for memories. In quantized media, storage times are typically limited due to stochastic interactions with the environment. Also, optical memories based on electromagnetically induced transparency (EIT) suffer strongly from such decoherent effects. External magnetic control fields may reduce decoherence and increase EIT storage times considerably but also lead to complicated multilevel structures. These are hard to prepare perfectly in order to push storage times toward the theoretical limit, i.e., the population lifetime T1. We present a self-learning evolutionary strategy to efficiently drive an EIT-based memory. By combination of the self-learning loop for optimized optical preparation and improved dynamical decoupling, we extend EIT storage times in a doped solid above 40 s. Moreover, we demonstrate storage of images by EIT for 1 min. These ultralong storage times set a new benchmark for EIT-based memories. The concepts are also applicable to other storage protocols.

? 2013 American Physical Society

URL:

http://link.aps.org/...Lett.111.033601

DOI:

10.1103/PhysRevLett.111.033601

PACS:

42.50.Gy, 42.50.-p, 42.30.-d, 42.30.Va

*[email protected]

?http://www.iap.tu-darmstadt.de/nlq

link; http://prl.aps.org/a...v111/i3/e033601

Cheers, will check it out when i have time...no guarantee it'll make any sense mind..

The Porcupine

Here is a set of statistics below in picture format that shows just how mind blowing and totally incomprehensible our part of the universe is, the Hubble space telescope has indeed contributed to a wealth of new information for planetary sciences and astrophysics that say 15/20 years ago would generally be just an unconfirmed speculation.Really puts into perspective just how vast and utterly monstrous in perception our universe is...Hubble has gone a stage further in helping seek out new plants or systems of planets orbiting their parent star,sun), that is it has helped discover new planets orbiting their suns in a habitual zone= these planets are not to close or not to far away from their suns, just like we are around our sun, just right for liquid water to exist and for life to exist in whatever form that may take......lol.

I'm speechless.

maroonlegions

I'm speechless.

Aye me too, this is truly the new age, reminds one of this song, every new discovery in planetary sciences wields new complications...

LYRICS...

See the sun turn green

From my penthouse window

It's different now

Because you got no shelter

Alienation

By experimentation

Enjoy yourself

This is the new age

Complication

Ransom the birth

Of a new destruction

It's different now

It's what we always wanted

Alienation

Self-destruct

At the count of ten

Complication

See the sun turn green

From my penthouse window

It's different now

Because you got no shelter

Alienation

Enjoy yourself

This is your new age

Complication

More lyrics: http://www.lyricsmod...k/killing_joke/

maroonlegions

Looks like the controversial Area 51 exists after all judging by a declassified document under the freedom of information act. Official confirmation and acknowledgement of this highly secret and often viciously denied facility by the US governmental intelligence's is in essence a step towards a possible new transparency by the US intelligence departments, of course there have been mutterings in the past of law suites filled from ex employees who have suffered various physical aliments ect, wonder if they will now be heard.The UFO/alien connection is of course still highly controversial and i would never rule out all those sightings above groom lake as secret military black ops; technology but what of all those ex employees who worked there with their tales of witnessing non human intelligence's involvement with back engineering technology and secret projects involving highly sophisticated stealth technology, not claiming that this in any ways proves alien UFOs or their intelligence's but it sure puts all those witnesses who have came forward in a new light...lol.

Groom Lake/Area 51 Finally Declassified

Less Redacted CIA History Released Under FOIA

National Security Archive Electronic Briefing Book No. 434

Posted ? August 15, 2013

Edited by Jeffrey T. Richelson

For more information contact:

Jeffrey T. Richelson 202/994-7000 or [email protected]

link; http://www.gwu.edu/~...AEBB/NSAEBB434/

jk520d89c1.jpg

• 1 month later...
maroonlegions

Wee heads up here, merely for the entertainment value alone,that former "Happy Mondays" frontman Shaun Ryder is to present a UFO documentary by the History channel , says he experienced a sighting once in his youth... as we all know that Mr Ryder was accustomed to the odd drug or two and who knows just maybe that was the reason for his sighting...lol... but never thought a man of his standing in the pop culture would be brazen enough take on or show any interest ti such a controversial topic.. Rihanna has recently paid out a lot of money for some high teck scanning device to scan a area of the sky ...she has also expressed an real interest in the topic of UFOs... but back to Shuan, i personally liked the Happy Mondays and Shaun was one in boy in his time... the documentary aint gonna solve anything but just seeing Shaun meandering around parts of the world like some big detective should be funny in its self... lol.

WHEN TO WATCH

Sunday 10 November at 8pm

SHAUN RYDER ON UFOS;

"MAD FOR IT..."......

shaun-ryder-ufo-1.jpg?itok=PP7aYXvB

?I?m delighted to be making this series! Once they see you, they keep an eye on you?? Shaun Ryder

SB_SHAUN_RYDER_ON_UFOs_TEAS_rendition4_still_720x406_53626947710.jpg

WHERE TO WATCH

Sky: 529 & 530 (+1)

Virgin Media: 234

BT: 886

link; http://www.history.c...n-ryder-on-ufos

maroonlegions

No need to worry about this comet i would like to add... comet ISON has been tracked for a while now ... below is some up to date info on it...

Perihelion & Distance: LIVE Information

COMETISON151013.png

Discovery;

Nevski-and-Novichonok.jpgComet ISON was discovered on September 21st 2012 by Vitali Nevski and Artyom Novichonok, two Russian Astronomers of the ?International Scientific Optical Network?. At the time of disovery, ISON was over 584 million miles (6.29 AU) from the Sun.

Comet ISON?s Size

ISON?s size is only estimated at present but is thought to be around a few miles in diameter. This will become more apparent in the next few months as the comet continues its approach during 2013.

April update: Early indications from students who have been processing data from NASA?s Swift satellite, estimate the comet to be around 3 miles in diameter. They have reached this conclusion by observing the amount of ice and dust emitted from ISON?s surface as it falls through space toward the Sun.

Comet ISON?s Eccentricity

Any object orbiting the Sun in a closed loop has to have an eccentricity between 0 and 1. If that orbit is in a circular fashion like our own planet?s, its eccentricity will be close to 0. Earth?s eccentricity is around 0.017 which means its orbit is very circular (although not perfect)! However, an object with an eccentricity close to 1 could take tens of thousands of years to complete an orbit as the orbit will be very elliptical.

Comet ISON?s eccentricity is 1.000003457 ? just ?over? 1! If you?ve not already worked this out for yourself, this suggests that its presence in our Solar System is an event that has never happened before and will never happen again. Instead of it having a highly elliptical orbit around our Sun, it seems ISON is just passing through.

Where is Comet ISON going and when can I see it?

Comet ISON is roughly heading towards the centre of our Solar System. It will pass within 1.2 million miles of the Sun?s surface on 28th November when it reaches perihelion (the point when its at its closest to the Sun) before being whipped around to head back ?roughly? in the direction it came.

ISON-January-20131.pngAs ISON makes its outbound journey, it will pass over the northern hemisphere of Earth at a distance of around 40,000,000 miles on 26th December. If ISON lives up to the hype, you could expect to see the Comet with the unaided eye anywhere between the middle of November until the middle of January 2014 (depending where you are on the planet).

Click here to view Comet ISON?s path through the constellations from Earth?s perspective.

link source; http://www.cometison2013.co.uk/perihelion-and-distance/

• 2 weeks later...
maroonlegions

Loving this latest insight into future faster than light space travel, seems that some NASA boffins having been busy, will not happen soon but every new insight or discovery no matter how little ect is a big step for future space travel... the article below explains it in more detail... future traversing of our nearest galaxies, discovering new worlds, to boldly go were no man has gone before, whats the odds of some advanced intelligence already light years ahead of us and having the means to travel to galaxies, even ours...lol.

"Our Star-Trek Future" --NASA Scientists Engineering a Warp-Drive Solution for Faster-Than-Light Space Travel (Weekend Feature);

quote;

?Move over Star Trek! According to state-of-the art theory, a warp drive could cut the travel time between stars from tens of thousands of years to weeks or months. Harold G. White, a physicist and advanced propulsion engineer at NASA and other NASA engineers are trying to determine whether faster-than-light travel ? warp drive ? might someday be possible. The team has attempting to slightly warp the trajectory of a photon, changing the distance it travels in a certain area, and then observing the change with a device called an interferometer.

?Space has been expanding since the Big Bang 13.7 billion years ago,? said Dr. White, 43, who runs the research project told the New York Times. ?And we know that when you look at some of the cosmology models, there were early periods of the universe where there was explosive inflation, where two points would?ve went receding away from each other at very rapid speeds. Nature can do it,? he added. ?So the question is, can we do it???

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2013/10/our-star-trek-future-nasa-scientists-engineering-a-warp-drive-solution-for-faster-than-light-space-t.html#more

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6689196820356094135&ei=Y-eQS5yhEI2n-AbU_uDvAg&q=Unsolved+Mysteries+3-+UFOs+Bentwaters+Allagash+3rdVDO.avi

Unsolved Mysteries. This is the full episode about Bentwater incident in England (Rendlesham Forrest) at or near an US Air Base.

This is Britain"s very own Roswell or near to it.The deputy commander of the based and several of his men to this day who where involved in witnessing these events swear to this day that these events happened.The original memo of this event written by deputy base commander Colonel Charles Halt to the USAF high command and their intelligences was released under the freedom of information act.This original memo was also released by the British MOD in their declassified UFO documents and can be viewed.ML.

These two men Airman First Class (A1C) John Burroughs - (who was only 19 at the time and was stationed at RAF Woodbridge's back gate, commonly known as the East Gate),and Staff Sergeant (SSgt) Bud Steffens (then known as Bud Parker), where the first men to encounter this object.They have recently planed to have a reunion here in the UK with other military personel who witnessed the same events that night and the other nights.This event happened over 3 CONSECUTIVE NIGHTS.ML.

haltpenniston8zc.jpg

This image shows Col. Charles Halt (left) and Tsgt Jim Penniston (right) at RAF Bentwaters.

john-burroughs-2005.jpg

Here is the original memo written and sent by Col. Charles Halt to the USAF military intelligences and was released many years after this event.ML. :ninja:

the-halt-memo-small.gif

that is my regiment now

maroonlegions

that is my regiment now

With respect sir i wish you all the best in your new regiment , you guys do an important job and have my respect and support....

No need to worry about this comet i would like to add... comet ISON has been tracked for a while now ... below is some up to date info on it...

Perihelion & Distance: LIVE Information

COMETISON151013.png

Discovery;

Nevski-and-Novichonok.jpgComet ISON was discovered on September 21st 2012 by Vitali Nevski and Artyom Novichonok, two Russian Astronomers of the ?International Scientific Optical Network?. At the time of disovery, ISON was over 584 million miles (6.29 AU) from the Sun.

Comet ISON?s Size

ISON?s size is only estimated at present but is thought to be around a few miles in diameter. This will become more apparent in the next few months as the comet continues its approach during 2013.

April update: Early indications from students who have been processing data from NASA?s Swift satellite, estimate the comet to be around 3 miles in diameter. They have reached this conclusion by observing the amount of ice and dust emitted from ISON?s surface as it falls through space toward the Sun.

Comet ISON?s Eccentricity

Any object orbiting the Sun in a closed loop has to have an eccentricity between 0 and 1. If that orbit is in a circular fashion like our own planet?s, its eccentricity will be close to 0. Earth?s eccentricity is around 0.017 which means its orbit is very circular (although not perfect)! However, an object with an eccentricity close to 1 could take tens of thousands of years to complete an orbit as the orbit will be very elliptical.

Comet ISON?s eccentricity is 1.000003457 ? just ?over? 1! If you?ve not already worked this out for yourself, this suggests that its presence in our Solar System is an event that has never happened before and will never happen again. Instead of it having a highly elliptical orbit around our Sun, it seems ISON is just passing through.

Where is Comet ISON going and when can I see it?

Comet ISON is roughly heading towards the centre of our Solar System. It will pass within 1.2 million miles of the Sun?s surface on 28th November when it reaches perihelion (the point when its at its closest to the Sun) before being whipped around to head back ?roughly? in the direction it came.

ISON-January-20131.pngAs ISON makes its outbound journey, it will pass over the northern hemisphere of Earth at a distance of around 40,000,000 miles on 26th December. If ISON lives up to the hype, you could expect to see the Comet with the unaided eye anywhere between the middle of November until the middle of January 2014 (depending where you are on the planet).

Click here to view Comet ISON?s path through the constellations from Earth?s perspective.

link source; http://www.cometison2013.co.uk/perihelion-and-distance/

So what is the story with this then. Are likely to see it pretty well? I am sure there were thoughts that it might appear visible in the day time as well?!

Was all by the help of God and his pal jesus though...

maroonlegions

Was all by the help of God and his pal jesus though...

You forgot the archangels "Michael, Ariel,Raphael and Gabriel who look after the old boy and his sons billions of mansions oot there.... mind blowing though...lol

• 3 weeks later...
maroonlegions

Not a bad wee documentary hosted and presented by HappyMondays front man Shaun Ryder.. judging by this doc he is very much into this phenomenon having experienced something in his teens,(although drugs cannae be ruled oot..lol ), this is from the History channel and is a mini series..Came across very enthusiastic about what and if any possibility of some or a small percentage of those cases that remain unsolved by terrestrial means of having a ET origin..... A lot of his fans or fans of the HappyMondays might be looking at him in a entirely new light now after going public with his interest in this controversial subject ... but got a feeling that Shaun disnae give a feck anyway..lol.. I notice that the HappyMondays are playing a couple of gigs soon , one at Glasgow..

Shaun Ryder on UFOs' documentary: Happy Mondays singer, Shaun Ryder, convinced he saw a UFO in Manchester as a boy, travels from Chile to the UK speaking to alien abductees, UFO witnesses, academics, ufo sceptics and extra-terrestrial believers in an attempt to separate alien fact from UFO fiction.

Shaun Ryder visits an Air Force Base that experienced Chile's most prominent UFO sightings and talks to the head of CEFAA, Chile's official Government UFO investigation agency and talks to pilots who were there on the day the UFO sighting was witnessed. Shaun also travels to a UFO Hotspot in the Andes - a village where a third of the residents claim to have witnessed a UFO.

In this History Channel exclusive, Ryder joins Ufologist Miguel Jordon and travels to Chile's capital Santiago to investigate a mysterious case involving multiple UFOs seen hovering in the skies above the city.