Can we have the death penalty please..

Dr. Bapswent

Sexton Hardcastle

Death penalty would be the easy option for these mugs. let them rot in jail where they will be beaten, raped and abused. Get what ever comes their way

I'm reading that right?

Someone bet them ?5 (that's five pounds) that they couldn't kick a bloke with learning difficulties to death?

I feel quite sick.

Your more or less right, the bet was to see who could knock him out. Even that itself is disgusting.

Life isn't 15-22 years long. You don't live 'til you're 22 then die. If you did, those ****bags would be old men.

How come the British life expectancy is about 78 years but a life sentence in jail is 22 years? How is 22 years 'life'?

These disgraces of humanity should live in prison until they die. Simple as that.

Life isn't 15-22 years long. You don't live 'til you're 22 then die. If you did, those ****bags would be old men.

How come the British life expectancy is about 78 years but a life sentence in jail is 22 years? How is 22 years 'life'?

These disgraces of humanity should live in prison until they die. Simple as that.

I'd agree if it wasn't us lot that were paying for their room and board. Sub-human scheidtbags. Bring back the colloseums!

Carl Spackler

I don't know the proper terms but there's a difference between a "life sentence" and a "whole life term sentence". The guy that was sentenced in Ipswich last week for the multiple murders was sent down for the rest of his life. He will not get out. The sentence does exist.

and cheap alcohol is the real cause..... :rolleyes:

I couldn't believe it when I got to the end of the article and it mentioned the booze factor - WTF?! If you're the kind of person who can do that sort of thing, I don't think alcohol is going to make one blind bit of difference.

People are terrifying these days, especially teenagers. :sad:

Drew Busby !

Bring back the death sentence.

Hook them up to whatever means of execution is considered to be the most immediate and humane.

There are millions of us who would then happily step forward and press "the button" without 1 seconds deliberation.

Walter Kidd

I'm sure the Guildford Four and the Birmingham Six and countless others would love to speak to you all.

Yes these people are ****. No need for a death penalty in a society such as ours.

I'm sure the Guildford Four and the Birmingham Six and countless others would love to speak to you all.

Yes these people are ****. No need for a death penalty in a society such as ours.

Doubtful whether these guys would have been sentenced to death, should that have been an option for murder in the 70's.

With newfangled DNA evidence, and where there is absolutely no question of doubt, some crimes are worthy of death imho.

Drew Busby !

I'd be willing to compromise WK. If not execution, then "full life terms" for murders. They go in at age 20 ? ...then they come out in a box aged 80. I would consider this could also be applied to sex crimes, there are so many perpetual re-offenders. Three strikes and they're out kind of thing...

No parole. No "rehabilitation".

That still leaves scope for those who want to pursue wrongful conviction as per Birmingham and Guildford.

But for the remainder, "life is life". The cost to the taxpayer and the prolonging of so many pointless criminal lives would stick in my throat. But at least prison would fill its primary purpose, that of keeping society safe from the tiny minority who will cause nothing but harm to others in their worthless existence.

coppercrutch
I couldn't believe it when I got to the end of the article and it mentioned the booze factor - WTF?! If you're the kind of person who can do that sort of thing, I don't think alcohol is going to make one blind bit of difference.

I would agree.

Alcohol clearly does not help things.

It can 'persuade' people to do violent or uncharacteristic things.

But it does not turn you into an evil psychopath.

A jibbering wreck maybe, but a killer no.

coppercrutch
Doubtful whether these guys would have been sentenced to death, should that have been an option for murder in the 70's.

With newfangled DNA evidence, and where there is absolutely no question of doubt, some crimes are worthy of death imho.

Mistakes will always be made. DNA is not perfect. Nothing is.

I think the fact that the Government WILL end up killing an innocent person should discount any possibility of it's return.

Life in jail is very expensive though. We should put these people to work in the fields.

Why can't they do the jobs that only the Polish etc... want to do in this country ?

Walter Kidd

I think the fact that the Government WILL end up killing an innocent person should discount any possibility of it's return.

Life in jail is very expensive though. We should put these people to work in the fields.

Why can't they do the jobs that only the Polish etc... want to do in this country ?

I agree. They should also have their faces dyed green so we know who they are.

Drew Busby !

Don't disagree with that.

Or they lose their ethical status and are made avaialble for experimentation. New drugs to combat cancer, heart disease, AIDS and so forth could all be tested on these people. Their taking part could be rewarded with a variety of increased privileges whilst in jail. Everything except freedom.

But the Guildford Four, Birmingham Six, Robert Brown, Tommy Campbell, Joe Steel et al were convicted as it was believed there was no doubt which is the premise that our courts work on 'Beyond all reasonable doubt'. You can't take out the human factor of people telling lies in court which is what Campbell and Steel (for all they were bad eggs anyway) were convicted on.

And paddyhmfc, sorry mate, the idea that they will be beaten, raped and abused makes for good newspaper headlines but it RARELY happens. As an ex prison officer I know this to be the case. They will have their scraps in prison but it won't be over their crime and they'll just meander along for the full stretch like the rest of them.

coppercrutch
I agree. They should also have their faces dyed green so we know who they are.

Maybe we can just do that to the hobos and Mhanky mob at the same time. Makes sense. ;)

coppercrutch
Don't disagree with that.

Or they lose their ethical status and are made avaialble for experimentation. New drugs to combat cancer, heart disease, AIDS and so forth could all be tested on these people. Their taking part could be rewarded with a variety of increased privileges whilst in jail. Everything except freedom.

Sounds interesting. But then what happens if someone has long term effects from this sort of thing. And then they are released years later as their conviction was incorrect ? Pretty shocking situation to put anyone into that was innocent, and that would definitely happen. Mistakes are always made.

Apart from that good idea IMO.

Drew Busby !
Sounds interesting. But then what happens if someone has long term effects from this sort of thing. And then they are released years later as their conviction was incorrect ? Pretty shocking situation to put anyone into that was innocent, and that would definitely happen. Mistakes are always made.

Apart from that good idea IMO.

The criteria would be strict.

Multiple sex-crime convictions would be a case in point. An innocent man might be wrongly convicted of 1 sex crime. But not 3 times.

Therefore becomes eligible for inclusion in experiemental trials.

Nightmarish and unpleasant scenario for the individual ? Certainly. Almost as upsetting for him, as the life-long impact of their crimes on their victims.

Almost, but not quite.

coppercrutch

Multiple sex-crime convictions would be a case in point. An innocent man might be wrongly convicted of 1 sex crime. But not 3 times.

Nightmarish and unpleasant scenario for the individual ? Certainly. Almost as upsetting for him, as the life-long impact of their crimes on their victims.

Almost, but not quite.

Maybe, but I am sure the above has probably happened. Again the chances of an innocent man being this unlucky are tiny. But still...

Drew Busby !
Maybe, but I am sure the above has probably happened. Again the chances of an innocent man being this unlucky are tiny. But still...

You should have been on OJ's defence team CC ! :D

Edit: OK, 4 times :laugh:

But the Guildford Four, Birmingham Six, Robert Brown, Tommy Campbell, Joe Steel et al were convicted as it was believed there was no doubt

The evidence covicting them was very thin.. I'm not advocating taking the life of peaple who've committed one crime on dodgy evidence - unless it's so henious with no question of guilt, say like someone caught in the act of trying to wipe out thousands in the Tokyo underground.

Mistakes will always be made.

Not if the courts criteria is rigid enough. There's hundreds of people in prrison who've carried out multiple sex offences, rapes or murders, where there's absolutely no question of their guilt.

What is the point of keeping these people alive ?

Sending them to work in jobs Poles would otherwise take sounds too much like denying someone else a perfectly good job and experimenting on prisoners seems a bit too Josef Mengele for my liking.

We are supposed to be able to measure the growth of our society by the way we deal with these events / people

I'd consider myself to be VERY liberal but personally I dont have any problem with the re-introduction of the death penalty, certainly in extreme cases at least ( although yes .....I question if I could pull the chain / flick the switch myself )

Crimes of passion, politicaly motivated murders or one offs etc would need to be looked at individually of course - but serial killers and remorseless 'hard men' deserve to fry ..........end of.

Nelly Terraces

Not one for bringing back the death penalty, but I wish something very nasty indeed will happen to this ****. Disgusting subhuman pondlife, they should be locked up FOR LIFE, not a few years. I would love to meet any one of them, with me carrying a baseball bat and some electrodes.

Genuinely upsetting story, what they did to him at the end, the poor bloke died with no dignity whatsoever. Simply unbelievable the depths of depravity these schemey barstewards sunk to.

I don't believe in the death penalty for one simple reason, what if we got it wrong?

I would like to see more full life terms handed out to murderers and their time should not be easy. I would bring back hard labour for these low lifes.

If they don't want to work then they should be locked up 24 hours per day.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I agree with the first part but you are being a bit unfair on teenagers.

I've read many stories like this where it is a group of adults committing the crime.

Don't get sucked in by what the media say.

Disgusting. Made me feel physically sick when I read that story. So so sad.

Drew Busby !

I understand that media reporting is what brings these horrific and incomprehensible events to our attention. And that such things are fortunately very very uncommon. But another nightmare example of someone whose life should be brought an abrupt end IMO:

http://news.scotsman.com/latestnews/Father-gets-21-years-after.3848536.jp

Add this to the opening story about the 3 neds who killed a mentally deficient lad ... add this to the father who sexually assaulted and killed his baby daughter..and I believe there is definitely a category of individual for whom state-sanctioned death would be the correct outcome.

I understand that media reporting is what brings these horrific and incomprehensible events to our attention. And that such things are fortunately very very uncommon. But another nightmare example of someone whose life should be brought an abrupt end IMO:

http://news.scotsman.com/latestnews/Father-gets-21-years-after.3848536.jp

Add this to the opening story about the 3 neds who killed a mentally deficient lad ... add this to the father who sexually assaulted and killed his baby daughter..and I believe there is definitely a category of individual for whom state-sanctioned death would be the correct outcome.

That is the act of an insane person in my opinion. Rational thought was out the window.

Horrific.

Drew Busby !
That is the act of an insane person in my opinion. Rational thought was out the window.

Horrific.

I understand why you say that Tazio.

However - presumably seen as fit to plead - so considered criminal rather than insane.

Something like this ... almost any parent in the country would happily press the red button that ends his existence.

Something like this ... almost any parent in the country would happily press the red button that ends his existence.

I am completely against the death penalty, but I am also honest enough to say that nobody knows what it is like to go through something like that. And all the more amazing he was a parent. which is why I stated that he is insane.

The thing with the death penalty is it's just revenge based. It's not a deterrent.

Purely because the er$eholes who do this don't think "oooooh, what if I get caught?" when they do it. It's not something that goes thru their head.

Therefore serves no purpose but to appease the victims or their families.

I think our muslim friends have the idea. Whip them to buggery, stint in an absolute hole of a prison, another thrashing as they leave and I'm pretty sure they won't do it again.

doctor jambo

Perhaps we should adopt the Israeli approach to crime ridden schemes

Bomb and bulldoze them from distance until the problem has gone.......:eek:

Perhaps we should adopt the Israeli approach to crime ridden schemes

Bomb and bulldoze them from distance until the problem has gone.......:eek:

When, and only when, they start firing rockets at us.;)

When, and only when, they start firing rockets at us.;)

I'd expect the odd rocket attack if you took over someones scheme, then kicked them on to another scheme.

If theirs no doubt at all that they done it, which clearly there isnt.... we should test drugs and cosmetics on the little fux.

Yep, death penalty. Just like the USA. They have hardly any crime because of the death penalty. Best deterrent ever.

Drew Busby !

Nothing to do with deterrence.

Everything to do with society determining that certain individuals (because of the nature of the crime committed and/or the need for the greater good of the protection of innocent citizens) serve no rational purpose by being alive.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wear/7270808.stm

Shocking.

I cant think of a punishment that fits this crime.

I have thought long and hard about this for many years.

There are endless pros and only 1 con IMO

the one con is huge tho - an innocent person may be sentenced to death

Before anyone goes off on one at what I am about to say - don't take this the wrong way

I am 100% aganist Hitler but his concentration camps are a great idea - he just used them ont the wrong people

keep only a few jails in the UK for your 'petty/lesser' offences and build several concentration camps for the truly evil

Make them work themselves to the bone for a year - under the most brutal conditions, where the victims famuily can come in at any time and watch them suffer on a big screen (cinema style). then after their year and afetr they have put somethign into the community - they get exterminated with their victims families watching.

In their timke there they will get no TV, Satellite, visits from family members and 3 squares. they will be fed scraps and regularly beaten.

what do you think?

sod Human rights - they have no respect for it!

What is the deterrent for crime? a few years in a fairly comfortable house? these feckers even get satellite TV!

nuke em all!

JamboJoker98

Is it just me or are brutal murders by teenagers or people in their early twenties just sky rocketing at the moment. Every week it seems there are more and more committed the most sickening of crimes. Some get buttons for sentences too "because of their age". Bull****. It's enough to make you wonder if the penalty is what we need

Drew Busby !
I have thought long and hard about this for many years.

There are endless pros and only 1 con IMO

the one con is huge tho - an innocent person may be sentenced to death

Before anyone goes off on one at what I am about to say - don't take this the wrong way

I am 100% aganist Hitler but his concentration camps are a great idea - he just used them ont the wrong people

keep only a few jails in the UK for your 'petty/lesser' offences and build several concentration camps for the truly evil

Make them work themselves to the bone for a year - under the most brutal conditions, where the victims famuily can come in at any time and watch them suffer on a big screen (cinema style). then after their year and afetr they have put somethign into the community - they get exterminated with their victims families watching.

In their timke there they will get no TV, Satellite, visits from family members and 3 squares. they will be fed scraps and regularly beaten.

what do you think?

sod Human rights - they have no respect for it!

What is the deterrent for crime? a few years in a fairly comfortable house? these feckers even get satellite TV!

nuke em all!

Fecking liberal ! :cocktail:

Almost, but not quite.

Yes but the problem is, all it takes is for one spiteful woman who knows about some guys previous convictions to make a spurious claim for revenge and all of a sudden one becomes two.....

On the subject of experimenting on prisoners, I think most people are only half serious, but I'll address the point anyway.....

You only have to equate these actions with regimes and countries who have tried that sort of thing out in the past, to see what sort of society the death penalty, experimenting on prisoners etc etc breeds. Whatever it is it certainly isn't a civilised one.

Carl Spackler

I think our muslim friends have the idea. Whip them to buggery, stint in an absolute hole of a prison, another thrashing as they leave and I'm pretty sure they won't do it again.

Is that you Archbishop? I didn't realise you were a Jambo.

Archived