'98 Cup DVD

DG_HMFC

I've just about wiped the tears away enough to post this. What a team that was that JJ and BB assembled. The scenes coming through the town was out-of-this-world; '06 was good but '98 was something special.

I've just about wiped the tears away enough to post this. What a team that was that JJ and BB assembled. The scenes coming through the town was out-of-this-world; '06 was good but '98 was something special.

Not as good as 1902 or the ill fated League Cup 'parade' in a rain soaked Leith - allegedly.

But I think 1998 was the best ever.:527:

06 wasnt a patch on 1998 imo.

hearts got a penalty within 23 secs(i think)and i burst into tears.

for some reason that day i just knew we were going to do it.

all those years of being also rans.

for me that day we were underdogs no one expected 'always the bridesmaid hearts to win it' but we did and looking around the stadium i seen grown men in tears and others in sheer jubilation.

the monkey was finally off our back!!!!

compare that with 2006 and there just wasnt that feeling of jubilation.

we were expected to win it and probably very comfortably.

and in the end we scraped through.

for me 1998 is what it feels like to be a hearts supporter and the joy that comes with winning trophys with no expectations.

2006 however that must be what it feels like to be an o.f supporter where your just expecting a victory and taking a victory no matter how it comes.

Is there anywhere you can buy the dvd?

This was filmed before the 98 cup final.

Real Hearts Hero's.

Ahh the great John Cummings now there was a TRUE HEARTS LEGEND.

Miller Jambo 60

Man up, but TBH i came home that sat night in 98 after a few beers wi my mates.

I fell on my setee then the tears flowed, think it was relief more than anything else.

Having a runny eye moment just reading this...

Need to look out the dvd (video) again...:flag2:

Ahh the great John Cummings now there was a TRUE HEARTS LEGEND.

John Cumming certainly was, I don't know who this other chap is you speak of though.

Can anyone make a copy of their dvd/video if the 98 game? Would pay a lot of money to own a copy on any format. One of the best days of my life, not seen the full game since though. Anyone help me out?

Can anyone make a copy of their dvd/video if the 98 game? Would pay a lot of money to own a copy on any format. One of the best days of my life, not seen the full game since though. Anyone help me out?

And me... was at the game and have never seen it on the tv.

If anyone can help pm me please.

:flag2:

John Cumming certainly was, I don't know who this other chap is you speak of though.

Around Carluke way he was known as "Darkie Cummings" my old boss was a close freind and always referred to him as John Cummings but as you quite rightly pointed out it should be Cumming apologies all round:biggrin:

Archived