Doppelganger

Frankenstein Jambo.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Freaky day for me.

I work in town and went to the princess mall to get my dinner. While waiting in que at subways, I turned round only to see the mirror image of myself staring me in the face. He stared back and was equally amazed. I politly said hello but he did not seem to understand as he was German I think,

Never have I been so confused. I was completly convinced and after grilling my parents believing that I have a Identical twin, people now think I am crazy.

I will never be the same lol :wacko:

The Old Tolbooth

Heh heh, that must be quite frightening mate, apparently everyone has one but less than 1% of the population actually meet theirs, I feel sorry for mine as he looks like my avatar!

Freaky day for me.

I work in town and went to the princess mall to get my dinner. While waiting in que at subways, I turned round only to see the mirror image of myself staring me in the face. He stared back and was equally amazed. I politly said hello but he did not seem to understand as he was German I think,

Never have I been so confused. I was completly convinced and after grilling my parents believing that I have a Identical twin, people now think I am crazy.

are you sure it wasn't just a mirror?

are you sure it wasn't just a mirror?

..... and in a moment of madness you uttered the words "Got im Himmel!" or "Achtung der Englander" ?

Say What Again

I know a guy who has a doppelganger, and have seen his double - as have various others - as they stay reasonably close to each other. The boy I knows own brother asked the lookalike when he'd moved house when he got into a cab and asked for a different address. other instances involve the lookalike being kicked up the arse by someone certain it was the other guy.

:biggrin:

A German speaking one :biggrin:

..... and in a moment of madness you uttered the words "Got im Himmel!" or "Achtung der Englander" ?

maybe it was a mirror but the sheer shock of seeing what he thought was an identical person made him think he was hearing someone speak german when in fact it was someone behind him saying "check oot that boy there staring at himself in the mirror".

gemanoid_468x312.jpg

Japanese robotics expert Hiroshi Ishiguro has unveiled a robot doppelganger of himself.

Germinoid is a humanoid robot designed in his creator's image, down to the tiniest of details.

It sits on a chairand gazes around the room in a very human-like fashion, just like its creator.

The skin tone, the spectacles, and even the lengthy hairs on its head are the same as on Ishiguro, a senior researcher at ATR Intelligent Robotics and Communication Laboratories outside Kyoto.

Implanted beneath Geminoid's skin are 50 sensors and motors that can be controlled by simple movements Dr Ishiguro makes.

He can see through its 'eyes', talk through its internal speaker and shrug or scowl if prodded and poked. Compressed air forced through its body make Geminoid's chest rise and fall as if breathing.

"At first, you may feel strange about the android," said Dr Ishiguro.

"However, once you are drawn into a conversation, you will forget every difference and feel totally comfortable to speak with it and look it in the eyes."

The One on the left is the robot by the way

Edited by scotland

• 5 years later...

i have seen quite a few good ones the scary ones are of people from centuries past who look identical to someone from now

Never had that experience , but was speaking to my son the other day and commenting on his becoming a grandfather. I said the next thing you will be looking in the mirror and seeing nose hair etc. He responded that was not what was really scary, what was is looking in the mirror and seeing his old man.

Edited by bobsharp

AlphonseCapone

Freaky day for me.

I just don't believe a German guy wouldn't understand hello.

indianajones

i have seen quite a few good ones the scary ones are of people from centuries past who look identical to someone from now

original.jpg

I've yet to meet George Clooney but feck knows what he'd think about meeting his doppelganger.

• 6 years later...
On 15/01/2010 at 20:39, Frankenstein Jambo. said:

Freaky day for me.

ANY UPDATES MATE?

On 15/01/2010 at 21:44, Say What Again said:

I know a guy who has a doppelganger, and have seen his double - as have various others - as they stay reasonably close to each other. The boy I knows own brother asked the lookalike when he'd moved house when he got into a cab and asked for a different address. other instances involve the lookalike being kicked up the arse by someone certain it was the other guy.

:biggrin:

Reminds me of a true story involving a couple of guys I went to primary school with. One of them (Sean) was tall for our age and had a really odd hair colour which was of a sort of sandy greyish colour. The other one (Philip) thought he saw him from behind in the street one day so goes up behind him and says "Alright Seany?" while booting him a cracker right up the arse (direct middler which causes the recipient to walk on tiptoes for a while to relieve the shooting pain), only for a short OAP to turn round in complete astonishment!

On 18/07/2015 at 21:44, IronJambo said:

Would it count as a threesome?

I'm not going to think about that in case I like the thought too much..  

1 hour ago, muldoon74 said:

I'm not going to think about that in case I like the thought too much..  

What's there to think about? 2 mouths and the possibility of a wheelchair! I'd be all over that

Samuel Camazzola
On 15/01/2010 at 20:51, Guest King said:

What did you get at Subway?

Even 11 years later, the correct answer is still BMT. 😉 

Governor Tarkin
15 hours ago, IronJambo said:

What's there to think about? 2 mouths and the possibility of a wheelchair! I'd be all over that

pinilla.png.e3d5121e499ac258c0ccc22c5641ea81.png

FFS just realised this thread is 11 years old - I wonder if they still look alike?

Edited by Spellczech

• 5 months later...
On 15/01/2010 at 20:39, Frankenstein Jambo. said:

Freaky day for me.

hows tricks mate any joy with the doppleganger?

1 hour ago, Masonic said:

hows tricks mate any joy with the doppleganger?

Not active for nearly 8 years, think you'll be waiting a while. :(

Psychedelicropcircle
On 15/01/2010 at 20:53, The Old Tolbooth said:

Heh heh, that must be quite frightening mate, apparently everyone has one but less than 1% of the population actually meet theirs, I feel sorry for mine as he looks like my avatar!

You mean to say there’s another crop circle dreamboat floating about this earth 🤔