How times have changed

The Padre

I've not posted on here for months, because the very mention of a stand against Romanov was meet with such disgust from those who "believed" and if you dared to mention football you found your post on page 6 in minutes.

I notice the happy clapper brigade has been replaced by the meeting/protest/boycott posters.

But is anyone or any of the organisations associated with the club going to do anything ? Or has Romanov divided and conquered ?? Do any of the supporters clubs etc have the stomach for another CPR style battle - given the appathy of that campaign ?

IMO the only message he'll really understand is during the next televised game, regardless of the score everyone leaves at half time - doubt his ego could stomach that and the press would lap it up. And before the "what about the players" shout starts - I think they'd probably back it given the state the clubs in !

Doubt this will ever happen - but its a suggestion - if anyone wants to take it up and run with it good luck.

I've not posted on here for months, because the very mention of a stand against Romanov was meet with such disgust from those who "believed" and if you dared to mention football you found your post on page 6 in minutes.

I notice the happy clapper brigade has been replaced by the meeting/protest/boycott posters.

But is anyone or any of the organisations associated with the club going to do anything ? Or has Romanov divided and conquered ?? Do any of the supporters clubs etc have the stomach for another CPR style battle - given the appathy of that campaign ?

IMO the only message he'll really understand is during the next televised game, regardless of the score everyone leaves at half time - doubt his ego could stomach that and the press would lap it up. And before the "what about the players" shout starts - I think they'd probably back it given the state the clubs in !

Doubt this will ever happen - but its a suggestion - if anyone wants to take it up and run with it good luck.

OK, you told us so, feel better?

The problem with your suggestion is that it would be nigh on impossible to organise, you are talking about thousands of fans. It would just be you and a few of your mates getting up and leaving. Maybe a few heads in the crowd would turn wondering just what the feck you were up to which may distract fellow fans from the game for a nanosecond but that's the only impact it would have. In short uynless it was like 10,000 leaving simultaneously it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference.

The same goes for all plans of boycotts, banner waving, whist drives and poster campaigns, they all take orginisation on a grand scale. You would just end up looking foolish (and no doubt slated on kickback for leaving at half time).

Archived