Staropramen lager

Beats

duckandcover

Absolutely lovely drink. You should get yourself over to Prague mate. Its a great city and its only about 60p a pint of Staropramen!

Absolutely lovely drink. You should get yourself over to Prague mate. Its a great city and its only about 60p a pint of Staropramen!

I've been thinking about going to Prague.I was considering it as a honeymoon in November but we are settled on Paris.I fancy Prague though.

The Melville inn do it on tap.It is immense stuff.Got it chilling as we speak.Although i might leave it for tommorow and get ripped into the Kingfisher instead.

Staropramen is an excellent pint.

If youre in Czech though don't bother, as Pilsner Urquell makes it pale into insignificance. It is the real daddy.

And ?3.60 a pint here in Edinburgh:rubeyes:

Anybody else drink this?

Asda doing 8 bottles of it for a fiver.

Superb stuff.Defo in my top 5 Lager's :dribble:

Great stuff, we had a competition when we were in Prague who could get the cheapest pint, but you had to have a receipt to prove it. I went for a wander and found myself in the Jewish quarter and found the above in a Spanish bar @ ?1 a pint, I won. :cheese:

Staropramen is an excellent pint.

If youre in Czech though don't bother, as Pilsner Urquell makes it pale into insignificance. It is the real daddy.

Do you get this stuff over here?

Speedbump where in Edinburgh have this on tap?

You get bottles of that in Asda in the 4 pack section so it works out at 8 bottles for ?6

I've only found one place in Scotland. A beer cafe in Ayr do Pilsner Urquell on tap. It is seriously the best lager in the world.

Staropramen can be bought in Edinburgh at quite a few places. The Crags and Tron are two who definately do it.

All Bar One used to have it.

You get bottles of that in Asda in the 4 pack section so it works out at 8 bottles for ?6

I may have a wee trip back to Asda tommorow and have a look.

I've only found one place in Scotland. A beer cafe in Ayr do Pilsner Urquell on tap. It is seriously the best lager in the world.

Staropramen can be bought in Edinburgh at quite a few places. The Crags and Tron are two who definately do it.

I think you were talking about this cafe before.Might head down for a wee day trip in the summer.

I think you were talking about this cafe before.Might head down for a wee day trip in the summer.

Its called The Meridian.

www.meridian-ayr.co.uk

Does some good offers on the food too. Their homemade steak pie is amazing and the portions are generous aswell. Would highly recommend it.

Short of that Pilsner Urquell alone is worth the trip to Czech Rep. :thumbs_up:

Its called The Meridian.

www.meridian-ayr.co.uk

Does some good offers on the food too. Their homemade steak pie is amazing and the portions are generous aswell. Would highly recommend it.

Short of that Pilsner Urquell alone is worth the trip to Czech Rep. :thumbs_up:

Looks good Alan.I have a week off in Feb might head down for the day.

I may have a wee trip back to Asda tommorow and have a look.

Got mixed up mate the Pilsner Urquell are in 500ml bottles not in four packs.Probably cost 3 for ?5 but not sure but they are def in Asda Jewel.

Got mixed up mate the Pilsner Urquell are in 500ml bottles not in four packs.Probably cost 3 for ?5 but not sure but they are def in Asda Jewel.

After everyone raving about it i'll have to try it now.

Cheers for the info.

Don't know about Edinburgh, but Chinaski's do it on tap in Glasgow.

cheers for that. Are you sure? I've never seen it bottled in this country before.

Might have to have a look next time Im shopping.

The Old Tolbooth

Must admit I preferred the Staropramen when in Prague, and also the original Budvar, much better than the American version of Budweiser, and the fact it's only about 50p a glass makes it even better out there, top stuff!! :2thumbsup:

Milne's on Rose Street have it on tap mate.

Midloth_Iain

Rose Street Brewery have it on tap.

Thanks for the heads up, trip to Asda tomorrow :dribble:

Anybody else drink this?

Asda doing 8 bottles of it for a fiver.

Superb stuff.Defo in my top 5 Lager's :dribble:

I used to get this about 15 year ago in Makro,they also had dark lager as well,when you bought a case you got 4 glasses free, they are not unlike they Stella stem ones but half pint. I have 2 left out of about 20. Top lager ,though never had it on draught.

Had it on draught last week after fester rd, it used to be the Northern bar at canonmills but it's called something else now. Absolutely superb on draught i must admit. :biggrin:

Once you have drank the stuff in Prague its not worth getting over here. In no way the same stuff. Saying that its one of the better lagers on tap in this country

asahi.gif

lovely jubbly.

tiger-lager-beer.gif

lovlier jubblier.

61581285.UFZcO4Jl.BP009090FEC120Z30606041896.jpg

OMG!

tyskie_can_and_bottle_old.jpg

oh yes missus.

i shall be sampling a selection (or indeed all) of these products in various establishments tomorrow me finks.

Tiger is nice and tyskie is ok.

but tyskie isn't even the nicest polish lager! you've obviously not had draught staro or pilsner urquell. They are far superior to any of your suggested tipples.

Tiger is nice and tyskie is ok.

but tyskie isn't even the nicest polish lager! you've obviously not had draught staro or pilsner urquell. They are far superior to any of your suggested tipples.

i'll be on the hunt but they will have to be good to top a pint of sagres or tiger.

Cheers everybody i'll look out for it on tap.(Possibly in Prague)

Good selection there Vic.

not half. god almighty it's great to have a mouth.

i'll be on the hunt but they will have to be good to top a pint of sagres or tiger.

Zywiec is nicer than Tyskie imo.

Tyskie is the lager I drink most regularly though. The shop near my work always has it on special.

On a side note: I was getting a litre of Tiger in china for about 80p

Rupert Pupkin
I love Staro, but its a close second to Krusovice . :dribble:

The Krusovice dark is lovley stuff too.

Tastes ok but gives me terrible wind. Keeps the wifes feet warm though but is unappreciated.

Used to love it but it's probably my least favourite Czech lager now. Budvar and Pilsner Urquell are much nicer.

Used to love it but it's probably my least favourite Czech lager now. Budvar and Pilsner Urquell are much nicer.

this man knows his stuff.

As Bavariajambo posted earlier on in this thread Pivo in Calton Rd do Staro on draught, excellent stuff along with Urquel 2 top notch thirst quenchers. :cheese:

Cask and Barrel in Broughton Street do draught Pilsner Urquell.

If anyone's off to Prague, be sure to try Gambrinus and Kozel Velkopopovicky. Incredible dark beers which you could probably eat with a spoon!

If you are talking Czech beer, it has to be Gambrinus.

Was in Prague last week and although I am not a lager drinker thought the Pilsner Urquell was tremendous.Also loved the Gambrinis (not the dark one). Hotel we stayed in sold Krusovice (only in bottles) which was also really good. Staropramen was my least favourite. If Milnes sells Urquell on draft a visit tonight is on the cards.

If you are talking Czech beer, it has to be Gambrinus.

Quite like Gambrinus too. You can find it for around 50p a pint there which you can never turn down.

I like all the dark beers there also. I also love the fact you can get staggering about pished at night and be hangover free the next day.

Was in Prague last week and although I am not a lager drinker thought the Pilsner Urquell was tremendous.Also loved the Gambrinis (not the dark one). Hotel we stayed in sold Krusovice (only in bottles) which was also really good. Staropramen was my least favourite. If Milnes sells Urquell on draft a visit tonight is on the cards.

The persevere and pivo do too. Its been nothing special over here when I've tried it. Disapointing

The Krusovice was good, especially the dark stuff, and Gambrinus was a pretty good pint considering it was about 40p!

been drinking pilsner urquell for years in the big bottles from asda. got totally hammered and was sick everywhere drinking staro on draught in Marcos at Grove Street about 5 years ago. never touched it since. i am a big fan of svytury's at the moment both the filtered and unfiltered are lovely

Rupert Pupkin
The Krusovice dark is lovley stuff too.

The Krusovice was good, especially the dark stuff, and Gambrinus was a pretty good pint considering it was about 40p!

A man of good taste i see.

Archived