'Greggs'

i8hibsh

:greggs_logo:

I notice that they use this term for the rumour mill over on willyfeelers.net.

Who started this?

I'm assuming that like most things it was started by ourselves on JKB

Anyone know?

Thanks

Who started this?

Anyone know?

Thanks

Who cares. Why you spend so much time over there anyway?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Who started this?

Anyone know?

Thanks

Was it not something to do with Rodney telling a fan that we would be bringing in two players of 'world cup' satandard while queing for a pastie? Sure it was reported on Talk 107 or something like that.

Hopefully they started it because it is a terrible joke.

I don't know, I kind of like it. :biggrin: It provides just the right amount of bathos when someone comes on with another wild rumour (or did anyway, before rumours were given their own wee sandpit to play in). With Greggs in one hand, and "Taxi!" in the other, rumours were unceremoniously blasted from the sky like sitting pasties. As it should be! :dribble:

I P Knightley

I had it explained to me a couple of years back as relating to a transfer gossip thread where a poster had as his source a couple of track-suitted reserve team players chatting about the HMFC squad while waiting to be served in the eponymous baker and confectioners.

No one at the time argued that explanation so it seems likely that JKB was the original source.

WeeToonJambo
I had it explained to me a couple of years back as relating to a transfer gossip thread where a poster had as his source a couple of track-suitted reserve team players chatting about the HMFC squad while waiting to be served in the eponymous baker and confectioners.

No one at the time argued that explanation so it seems likely that JKB was the original source.

As I recollect, you've got it spot on.

southside1874

Who started this?

Anyone know?

Thanks

Not sure why you visit they gay chat rooms:ninja:

I don't know, I kind of like it. :biggrin: It provides just the right amount of bathos when someone comes on with another wild rumour (or did anyway, before rumours were given their own wee sandpit to play in). With Greggs in one hand, and "Taxi!" in the other, rumours were unceremoniously blasted from the sky like sitting pasties. As it should be! :dribble:

It was funny at one time but it got boring after a while just like the Nade and Peebles jokes.

It was funny at one time but it got boring after a while just like the Nade and Peebles jokes.

Ah, the disposable, "what's next, I'm bored" society that we live in. :biggrin: In reality, there's nothing quite like a pair of old comfy slippers...

Say What Again

and the Phil McHugh chat in the Shed which far outlived it's life on the funny shelf

Not sure why you visit they gay chat rooms:ninja:

My hobo pal always sends me links to stuff he wants me to read on it

:flag2:

Did we have it before the ****** fae Lochend?

I P Knightley
Ah, the disposable, "what's next, I'm bored" society that we live in. :biggrin: In reality, there's nothing quite like a pair of old comfy slippers...

...and some short, fat hairly legs to put them at the bottom of.

SNF21SPDFX1280_407464a.jpg

(I agree. Old ones are often the best.)

It was started on .net

The only piece of originality they have ever come up with and it is utter pish.

Yup. A .net exclusive.

More terrible patter which needs to be forgotten, urgently.

Anything to do with Nade being fat when he could kick the fark out of any of the nerds slating him on an online football forum

Peebles

This bridge of doom thing.

All crap that has now been thoroughly ran into the ground.

...and some short, fat hairly legs to put them at the bottom of.

(I agree. Old ones are often the best.)

I like this word! Does it mean "fairly hairy"? :biggrin:

Yup. A .net exclusive.

Anything to do with Nade being fat when he could kick the fark out of any of the nerds slating him on an online football forum

Peebles

If true and 'Greggs' is a a product of rimmers.net then we MUST make a stand and drop it with immediate effect.

Mods please remove the smiley

Yup. A .net exclusive.

Peebles

Agree with all of that. Maybe people won't agree but I'm also sick of randomincestjoke.net. I'm fine with deluded.net etc but I'd rather not read about about people shagging their sisters.

More or less correct, but it came from someone on http://www.mycousinsmywife.net who gleefully reported what they overheard as being a statement of fact.

Posters on JKB used it sarcasticly after that. :thumb:

Agree with all of that. Maybe people won't agree but I'm also sick of randomincestjoke.net. I'm fine with deluded.net etc but I'd rather not read about about people shagging their sisters.

Ooops ! :nah:

HomerJaySimpson

although, that is mirrored on here with the comments about Bingo...

The wee cartoon man! :biggrin:

Oh yeah.

Here he is: fs-template-colour.jpg

Sadly I'm not subsribed anymore so I can't have him as an avatar. :frown:

wheatfield to sheffield

For a time, Greggs wikipedia entry referred to it as slang for football rumours, possibly with a ref back to JKB

Johanes de Silentio
Oh yeah.

Here he is: fs-template-colour.jpg

Sadly I'm not subsribed anymore so I can't have him as an avatar. :frown:

Yay - that's him - I'll give you a fiver if you'll subscribe and bring 'im back! :biggrin:

chester copperpot
although, that is mirrored on here with the comments about Bingo...

Not true, I could leather Bingo.

Hope that clears that small matter up for you.

Yay - that's him - I'll give you a fiver if you'll subscribe and bring 'im back! :biggrin:

Feel free to contact the mods and pay for my subscription by pay pal...:biggrin:

Can someone please explain the Peebles punchline to me. It was before my time on JKB, but noticed it still kicks about.

Peebles Jambo started a thread revealing the real reason George Burley had left the club. About 6 months after it had been debated to death in great, great detail.

Archived