?8 Million for Babel

Rick James

Apologies if posted but, BBC saying Birmingham have had bid rejected for Ryan Babel.

Despite 3 starts this season, Liverpool claim he is not for sale.

rudi must stay
they want ?12M for him

wouldn't be suprised if that price tag kept going up, just like the OF here they only sell players when they want to. Got to give Birmingham credit though he's the type of player who would improve their team and would attract a few more fans IMO if they get him

I don't know whats scarier, the fact Birminingham bid ?8 million or the fact Liverpool turned it down.

The guy is Dot Cotton

Birmingham made the mistake of saying they had ?40 million to spend.

I think it's hilarious that Liverpool have a player who can't get a game , who has said he's basically no longer interested in playing at a club where the manager doesn't even speak to him but think thye've got the upper hand in all of this.

In a way , I hope he stays with the Mickey Mousers.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I wouldn't even pay 8 quid for him. Absolutely pish and nowhere near the sort of player Birmingham should be signing.

wouldn't be suprised if that price tag kept going up, just like the OF here they only sell players when they want to. Got to give Birmingham credit though he's the type of player who would improve their team and would attract a few more fans IMO if they get him

i disagree mate, Rafa has being told to sell before he can bring anyone in. They paid 12 m for him so they want it back, the thing with Liverpool is that they do get crazy prices for some of their flops. If i was Alex, i would leave it at 9 and let them come back to him.

Was it alex or dick who sign Flo again ?

Could be a much better player than has demonstrated. He made the wrong choice going to Liverpool and ought to have gone to Arsenal. Wenger is still a fan and may yet be tempted. He's quite good at turning failing wide players into decent forwards and he needs someone to play up front.

i disagree mate, Rafa has being told to sell before he can bring anyone in. They paid 12 m for him so they want it back, the thing with Liverpool is that they do get crazy prices for some of their flops. If i was Alex, i would leave it at 9 and let them come back to him.

Murray.:biggrin:

I'M IBRAHIM TALL
Murray.:biggrin:

Flo was horribly overpriced. But his goals to game ratio was exceptional at Ibrox (better than at Chelsea). Erik Bo Anderson gets laughed at but his ratio was almost 1 in 1

rossthejambo
I wouldn't even pay 8 quid for him. Absolutely pish and nowhere near the sort of player Birmingham should be signing.

I disagree, I rate him.

Think Benitez is the problem more than Babel being poor...although I think the same could be said about quite a lot of Liverpool players at the moment.

Can't help but smile at how crap the scousers are this season...long may it continue :biggrin:

He looks nothing like the player that convinced Liverpool to pay the money for him they did.

He has been poor whenever I have seen him this season, but Birmingham might just be getting a player if they can get him.

Still, would not be keen on paying the money Birmingham are talking about.

Loan first with a price agreed beforehand.

Seymour M Hersh

He's a good player and would prove that to all the top managers on this board if he got the chances that cretin Benayoun gets. That of course is just my opinion.

He's a good player and would prove that to all the top managers on this board if he got the chances that cretin Benayoun gets. That of course is just my opinion.

Benayoun's good, doesnt get enough minutes imo.

Seymour M Hersh
Benayoun's good, doesnt get enough minutes imo.

He's Liverpool's own Miko. Garbage, a man short when there is a battle to be won.

rossthejambo
He's Liverpool's own Miko. Garbage, a man short when there is a battle to be won.

Think thats a bit harsh, Benayoun is decent but he drifts in and out of games too much.

Another strange signing by Benitez if I'm honest, along with Riera and Pennant. They're not signings you'd make if you were going for the title IMO.

Think thats a bit harsh, Benayoun is decent but he drifts in and out of games too much.

Another strange signing by Benitez if I'm honest, along with Riera and Pennant. They're not signings you'd make if you were going for the title IMO.

Benitez is a master at frittering money away, has he purchased a decent full back or winger (cept Benayoun lol) in his time? Torres, Reina, Alonso and MAscherano are about the only decent buys I can remeber.

Even going back further, how many average players have liverpool purchased in the past for rakes of cash?

rossthejambo
Benitez is a master at frittering money away, has he purchased a decent full back or winger (cept Benayoun lol) in his time? Torres, Reina, Alonso and MAscherano are about the only decent buys I can remeber.

Even going back further, how many average players have liverpool purchased in the past for rakes of cash?

There was an article I read that listed all of Benitez's transfer dealings and they are all, with the exception of Torres, Reina and Alonso (I think buying Mascherano was a mistake as Alonso is better), rubbish.

The emphasis put on Torres and Gerrard to deliver is unreal, Liverpool will never win the title with Benitez in charge, FACT!

rudi must stay

i'm not convinced Rafa thinks he's a flop, he quite often brings him on in big games e.g the Lyon game. You're ideas a good one, it's Liverpool that have the advantage though: everyone knows how much Birmingham have got to spend and they don't really need the money desperately so they can keep raising the price tag. At the same time they're making sure Birmingham can't spend that money on building a team that could threaten them for fourth.

There was an article I read that listed all of Benitez's transfer dealings and they are all, with the exception of Torres, Reina and Alonso (I think buying Mascherano was a mistake as Alonso is better), rubbish.

The emphasis put on Torres and Gerrard to deliver is unreal, Liverpool will never win the title with Benitez in charge, FACT!

I dont think Mascherano was a bad buy just having the lad paired with Lucas is a bad move. Alonso is the better player, but there different players that complimented each other well. Mash the destroyer/ball winner and Alonso good coverer but also to spray the ball from deep, start attacks wi precise passing. Not the typical DM. Benitez should never have sold Alonso, they miss him badly.

I agree that Liverpool are fecked with Benitez, its great watching Phil Thomson delude himself on Sky Sports every Saturday. Its quality.

Archived