Anybody Think Romanov Still Picks the Team ?

gorgie wave

Anybody think Vladimir Romanov still picks the team or has a major influence on the selection of the squad ?

I don't think he ever stopped.

Absolutely not.

Just because we had a spectacularly bad result does not mean he's picking it yet when we win it's 'well done Frail' - it was the same team as Saturday but with one LESS Lithuanian on the bench.

Anybody think Vladimir Romanov still picks the team or has a major influence on the selection of the squad ?

100% yes. Especially so after reading the thread about Fir Park boardroom at 1/2 time.

Absolutely not.

Just because we had a spectacularly bad result does not mean he's picking it yet when we win it's 'well done Frail' - it was the same team as Saturday but with one LESS Lithuanian on the bench.

Did Vlad not like the Beniusis plea to play in the Evening News? Doesn't pay to get on the wrong side of Vlad.

100% yes. Especially so after reading the thread about Fir Park boardroom at 1/2 time.

Cesnauskis has been subbed in EVERY game he's played in this season.

Vlad picks the squad by default. For example selling Velicka means he is no longer available to play. = no strikers = constant defending = 4-0.

But yes, lets blame Frail for having no players to choose.

Apparantly Driver was fit too.

Hope he is or Frail is even more pish than we thought.

Anyone that thinks he still does is being a drama queen.

Here's some facts;

It's only the 2nd time in 2 years that we had an unchanged team last night.

At the moment the keeper/back 4 picks itself and 4 wins out of 5 justified this. 4 clean sheets as well. Personally I would drop Jose and Robbie but at the moment it's allw e have.

Midfield was missing 3 key players e.g driver, mikey and Larry. Felt Wallace was the only one that came out with any merit last night.

Up front - We have nothing up front - espically after selling Velicka. So whoever we picked was/is not good enough.

I would have picked Audrey/Nade.

Substitutions - maybe Zal was brought on as a damage limitation exercise - regardless of which I thought Jonnson and Chesney were rubbish and against Motherwell they were pretty poor as well.

Look at the bench - who was going to turn the game in favour of Hearts?

Yes. Next question.

Absolutely not.

Spot on.

What a farce.

I'll admit the subs in both Rangers games have looked dodgey at best but where is the evidence to suggest that he's picking the team, subs and tactics once again.

We had a terrible night. Let's get over it and move on.

Some say yes some say no.

Yes reasons.

1.By playing Chesney (who is not a lovechild) is duping us into believing.

2.Miko, Zal, Benny still in the squad.

3.Chesney getting subbed in every game.

4.Zal coming on @ 3-0

5.Tall on the bench (another dupe)

No reasons.

1. Clum

So the yes's outweighs the no's.

Yup Vlad still picking the side for me.

Remember the old Jedi mind trick ?

Frail: "Calum Elliot is bloody rubbish"

Obi-Wan Romanov: "Calum Elliot is a talented young player"

Frail: "Calum Elliot is a talented young player"

No he is not picking the team but can he now be appointed to pick the team to play Rankgers in future.

Vlad;) 4 - 2 Rankgers

Frail:mad: 0 - 4 Rankgers

:)

Commander Harris
Some say yes some say no.

Yes reasons.

1.By playing Chesney (who is not a lovechild) is duping us into believing.

2.Miko, Zal, Benny still in the squad.

3.Chesney getting subbed in every game.

4.Zal coming on @ 3-0

5.Tall on the bench (another dupe)

No reasons.

1. Clum

So the yes's outweighs the no's.

Yup Vlad still picking the side for me.

1. I like how you have turned an obvious sign of Romanov backing out into a reason that he is picking the team.

2. You might not agree that Miko, Zal and Beniusis should be in the squad but it is far from proof that Romanov picks the team. Frail obviously rates Miko, and while Zal and Beni have been in the squad they have rarely figured - more a sign of the weekness of our squad than a definite sign of interference.

3. Chesney is coming back from a long spell not playing - it's hardly a surprise that he is not completing the 90mins - especially when there is the like for like option of Miko and some fresh legs.

4. Eggert was lost last night, there were very few options on the bench, Zal did better than him when he came on. It's not a sub I would have made but it is again far from proof of any interference.

5. Tall is coming back from injury, there is a central defensive partnership of Berra and Karapidis that have, until last night!, done very well this year. Tall not getting a game is more to do with the fact that Neilson is undropable than anything else.

what about:

cosistency in selection including last nights unchanged line-up

Zaliukas no longer being accomodated for the sake of it.

First subs not made on the 65min mark.

I'm not saying that Romanov interfering is out of the question(as we know from the past he has been willing and able to do that), I'm just saying that the reasons you cite are poor and I can see no evidence that he is still interfering the way he did before Jan 1.

Any chance of a link as I can't do a search for this.

Driver, Kingston, Stewart and Tall are all fit but they are having medicals at other clubs...

Vlad flu?

Lies, lies, lies, lies. Vlad tells nothing but lies. I thought CPR was a liar :confused:

Frail picks the team. He then sends a fax to Vlad. Who picks the subs and timings.

bilston angel

SF has been put in charge of training and IMO has a big percentage say in the team than previous coaches post GB, but I think the hand of Vlad has a influence in some of the selections and a bigger influence on subs. Thats my opinion for what its worth.

john brownlee

He must be seeing we lost our last game

the fax machine only works when we lose

Another boring, been over a million times post

:blah::blah::blah::blah:

Drylaw Hearts

I don't think he does pick the team.

But what he has done is assembled a squad of players that NO manager in the world could make into a decent team.

I'd say no because Lithuanians are only getting into the team once they earn it.

Players like Zaliukas and Ivaskevicius would have previously been thrown into the team, Frail is not doing so.

Do i think he is pisking the team ? Nope, is he interfering ? Yes IMO.

Driver being told he was not fit was the turning point for me.

I don't think he does pick the team.

But what he has done is assembled a squad of players that NO manager in the world could make into a decent team.

Exactly.

Saying he is now picking the team after one bad result and one dodgey sub is farcical but sadly typical of JKB.

We have a gash squad. That's why Miko, Zaliukas and Beniusis hang around the team.

I think it's Frails team/squad/tactics/subs and he's bloody hopeless at the job.

When people are seriously debating whether it's yourself or a mentalist in charge, it's time to give up.

Archived