'Islam4UK' Plan March on Wootton-Bassett.

S.N.T.H.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jambo in iraq
On its website the group said it was "totally unacceptable" to honour servicemen who had contributed "directly or indirectly" to the deaths of "well over 100,000 Muslims in Afghanistan in the last 8 years".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wiltshire/8437658.stm

Thoughts?

This makes me so angry. These people do not speak on bahalf of the Islamic world. Their radical views are not even the majority view of the islamic people of in countries of like Iraq or afghanistan. My partner is Muslim and she view this kind of thing as down right embarressing.

I wonder if he would be saying the same thing if the people of Afghanistan were not Muslim?

Religion should have nothing to do with the protest. The death of 100,000 innocent people should not more or less acceptable depending on which religion they choose to follow.

Guest juvehearts

i dont get why they would want to protest at the fact wooton bassett brings home the dead from the war out in afghastan & iraq.

they want do do a peaceful protest with symbolic coffins representing Muslim victims, were the one trying to help rebuild their war torn country & then get out of it.

the war in the middle east is a joke in itself, made out of corporate greed for more wealth for the USA & us as debtor to the US have to go with is as we owe them mega buks because we are a nation of borrowers.

bring on china!!!

I'd imagine that it's a website run by 4 or 5 nutters and the "march" will be attended by 3 of them while their mate stands by in the getaway car.

Nothing to get upset about, somewhere in Britian ther will be a group of fundamentalist Christians with equally bonkers ideas.

I'll bet that the BNP are hoping and praying that this actually happens.

It'll be the EDL who will plan the counter march.

Unfortunately there are peaceful groups run by Muslims and Ex-Muslims who want to counter protest as well, but once the EDL get involved, all the focus turns on them.

It'll be the EDL who will plan the counter march.

Unfortunately there are peaceful groups run by Muslims and Ex-Muslims who want to counter protest as well, but once the EDL get involved, all the focus turns on them.

Yep, more evidence of what a fractured society Britain has become.

These sort demonstrations (by both sides of the arguement) are aimed at stirring up as much hatred as possible and fermenting social unrest.

portobellojambo1
On its website the group said it was "totally unacceptable" to honour servicemen who had contributed "directly or indirectly" to the deaths of "well over 100,000 Muslims in Afghanistan in the last 8 years".

Thoughts?

Two trains of thought really.

The first one is the military deploy snipers and terminate those from this group that turn up.

However, although the above appeals to me more, I think they should be allowed to go ahead with it. All it will do is further alienate a group who are leading candidates already for the 2010 p ri cks of the year.

Yep, more evidence of what a fractured society Britain has become.

These sort demonstrations (by both sides of the arguement) are aimed at stirring up as much hatred as possible and fermenting social unrest.

Indeed.

If the EDL's main purpose really was to stop muslim extremists, they would step aside and let groups like the British Muslims for Secular Democracy do the counter protesting:

http://www.bmsd.org.uk/

If they were allowed to fight Islam4UK without the EDL getting in the way and stealing all the press coverage, then the majority of British Muslims and the population as a whole people could get behind the cause.

Instead people are forced to watch two polemic groups with equally repulsive views battle it out in the city centres of our country.

I just wish we would all withdraw our troops from this ungrateful, tribal run travesty of a Country, Afghanistan. We went in there allegedly to deter the presence of Al Quaeda terrorist training camps, so far it seems we have deterred the sum total of nothing. Canada if I recall went in to help rebuild the Country and has ended up sacrificing excellent young men for nothing. We lost four more a few days ago. Does no one in the political arena with authority realise that the whole situation is unwinnable. My goodness Britain should, they lost enough men in the Khyber Pass area 100 years ago. Russia could certainly tell them, and you really have to have your head in the sand not to know that.

I am an ardent supporter of our and the American troops. However I sincerely believe that the American leaders are in fear of losing another war. After having sacrificed the number of young men they have how can they possibly tell their population that they are pulling out tom orrow. Certainly not for any noble reason, more in case it has an affect on their election chances.

And now we have got to the stage where people who are living in a Country one would think because of the benefits and freedoms it offers are planning to protest that Country's right to honour as it sees fit their dead.

I just wish we would all withdraw our troops from this ungrateful, tribal run travesty of a Country, Afghanistan. We went in there allegedly to deter the presence of Al Quaeda terrorist training camps, so far it seems we have deterred the sum total of nothing. Canada if I recall went in to help rebuild the Country and has ended up sacrificing excellent young men for nothing. We lost four more a few days ago. Does no one in the political arena with authority realise that the whole situation is unwinnable. My goodness Britain should, they lost enough men in the Khyber Pass area 100 years ago. Russia could certainly tell them, and you really have to have your head in the sand not to know that.

I am an ardent supporter of our and the American troops. However I sincerely believe that the American leaders are in fear of losing another war. After having sacrificed the number of young men they have how can they possibly tell their population that they are pulling out tom orrow. Certainly not for any noble reason, more in case it has an affect on their election chances.

And now we have got to the stage where people who are living in a Country one would think because of the benefits and freedoms it offers are planning to protest that Country's right to honour as it sees fit their dead.

If we leave, what will we do when the Taliban regain power, start going soft on al-qaeda and another 7/7 happens in London as a result?

Or do you think that if we decide to stop fighting, the terrorists will immediately decide to stop plotting attacks?

I'll bet that the BNP are hoping and praying that this actually happens.

How paranoid are you?

This thread has nothing to do with the British National Party. We're discussing the 'merits' of Islam4UK, an organisation with views probably far more extreme than the current BNP.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are..I hope that they are attacked and booted off our island.If they dont like it they can #### right off :lightning:

Things like this infuriate me!!!

Bomber Harris' Best Mate
The first one is the military deploy snipers and terminate those from this group that turn up.

I like ur style :thumb:

If we leave, what will we do when the Taliban regain power, start going soft on al-qaeda and another 7/7 happens in London as a result?

Or do you think that if we decide to stop fighting, the terrorists will immediately decide to stop plotting attacks?

We pay millions for intelligence. With satelites etc we surely can and do observe what is happening in the Country. Is it unrealistic to believe that the CIA etc do not have informants who will make them aware of nefarious activities. In case of a total confirmed presence of a known terrorist organisation having a facility the capability is available to take it out. Collateral damage would be one of the prices a country would pay for permitting such activities. I regret to say that I would prefer the dead be theirs rather than ours.

Surely in this age of technology the practise of nations sending their young men to engage in mortal combat is long past. The money that is being spent by the Alliance to continue the military action would be better spent on better surveillance equipment, and weapons capable of strategic pinpoint strikes. The finances I would also suggest could be used to better protect our presently very weak border security.

To answer the main part of your question directly, no I don't think we withdraw and leave anyone a free hand to put any of us at risk until a new strategy can be implemented.. Other than losing a lot of valuable young lives however I don't think we are achieving anything with the present strategy.

We pay millions for intelligence. With satelites etc we surely can and do observe what is happening in the Country. Is it unrealistic to believe that the CIA etc do not have informants who will make them aware of nefarious activities. In case of a total confirmed presence of a known terrorist organisation having a facility the capability is available to take it out. Collateral damage would be one of the prices a country would pay for permitting such activities. I regret to say that I would prefer the dead be theirs rather than ours.

Surely in this age of technology the practise of nations sending their young men to engage in mortal combat is long past. The money that is being spent by the Alliance to continue the military action would be better spent on better surveillance equipment, and weapons capable of strategic pinpoint strikes. The finances I would also suggest could be used to better protect our presently very weak border security.

To answer the main part of your question directly, no I don't think we should withdraw and leave anyone a free hand to put any of us at risk. Other than losing a lot of valuable young lives however I don't think we are achieving anything with the present strategy.

I agree with everything you say, and in an ideal world you would be right, but unfortunately a remote war isn't possible when fighting against guerilla warfare.

NATO managed to win in Kosovo without casualties, but that was more of a conventional war.

It is pretty much impossible to tell the difference between civillians and terrorists without actually being there.

To say we should beat Al-Qaeda by remote bombs is like saying if the IRA reformed, Gordon Brown could just zap them using a remote control in his living room and if a few Irish get killed in the process that's their problem.

The Mighty Thor

I'd suggest that the RAF have a couple of C130 Hercules transport planes on the runway at Wootton Bassett and we allow the march to go ahead.

The protesters can then be marched right onto the planes and then flown to the closest muslim country where the protesters can live their lives in the fashion they so desperately crave with o freedom of speech, little human rights, no NHS, no state benefits etc etc etc.

This makes me so angry. These people do not speak on bahalf of the Islamic world. Their radical views are not even the majority view of the islamic people of in countries of like Iraq or afghanistan. My partner is Muslim and she view this kind of thing as down right embarressing.

It sure is.

Im Muslim as well and these earse holes give us good people a bad name.. Absolute ****!

I think that Jenny hits the nail on the head.

Wootton councillor, Jenny Stratton, said: "Everyone has the right to protest, but it's not a very tactful place to do it."

These muppets refuse to recognise that many( i say many but mean a great amount) Afghans don`t want the troops to go and appreciate the good work that is being done to rid the country of the Taliban who treat their people like ****.

How paranoid are you?

This thread has nothing to do with the British National Party. We're discussing the 'merits' of Islam4UK, an organisation with views probably far more extreme than the current BNP.

You've totally missed his point, haven't you?

My thoughts are..I hope that they are attacked and booted off our island.If they dont like it they can #### right off :lightning:

:thumb:

Sheriff Fatman

So you don't agree with one of the most fundimental 'rights' that we have, The right of freedom of speech.

I agree with Ewelyn Beatrice Hall, who said 'I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it'

They will not be given permission to march and protest by the police. This story is a publicity stunt.

loveofthegame

In the least racist way possible if this goes ahead I hope the ****my *******s get the absolute doing of a lifetime. Dishonouring our fallen war heroes is as bad as it gets to me.

I don't see any reason that the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqi citizens due to a war the vast majority of the country did not support should not be highlighted and discussed.

Suppose its easier to close our eyes, cover our ears and talk about tanks and snipers.

Which of our "freedoms" are we defending in Iraq at the moment?

These muppets refuse to recognise that many( i say many but mean a great amount) Afghans don`t want the troops to go and appreciate the good work that is being done to rid the country of the Taliban who treat their people like ****.

I was always under the impression that the majority of the population was against the US led invasion. Don't have any stats to back it up at the present. Maybe somebody else can confirm.

If I spoke my mind now I'd be banned.

"LONDON — A controversial Islamic group sparked a row in Britain Saturday after announcing plans for a march to commemorate civilians killed in the Afghanistan war through a town known for honouring dead soldiers.

Islam4UK says it wants to march through Wootton Bassett, which regularly sees hundreds gather in its streets as the bodies of British soldiers killed in Afghanistan parade through in hearses.

The town, which is close to the Royal Air Force base where soldiers' bodies are repatriated, has become a powerful symbol of Britain's war effort.

Islam4UK calls itself a platform for Al-Muhajiroun, a radical group now disbanded which used to be headed by Omar Bakri, an Islamist preacher barred from Britain for his views.

The march is expected to be held in the coming weeks and will feature symbolic coffins to honour Muslims killed in the conflict.

Islam4UK said on its website that the march would be "held not in memory of the occupying and merciless British military, but rather the real war dead who have been shunned by the Western media and general public".

It added: "It is quite extraordinary... that those military serviceman who have directly or indirectly contributed to their death are paraded as war heroes and moreover honoured for what is ultimately genocide."

A total of 108 British soldiers died in Afghanistan in 2009 compared to 2,038 civilians in the first ten months of the year, according to the United Nations mission in Afghanistan.

The news prompted anger from local politicians, who condemned Islam4UK leader Anjem Choudary.

"We are a Christian country and a traditional old English market town who honour very much our queen and country. We obey the law and pay respects to our servicemen who protect our freedom," said Chris Wannell, a Wootton Bassett town councillor and former mayor.

"If this man has any decency about him, he will not hold a march through Wootton Bassett."

The local police, who have to approve plans for the march, said there was "significant community concern" about it, adding they could apply for a banning order."

A banning order...........methinks they need a wee bit more than that.

I'd imagine that it's a website run by 4 or 5 nutters and the "march" will be attended by 3 of them while their mate stands by in the getaway car.

Nothing to get upset about, somewhere in Britian ther will be a group of fundamentalist Christians with equally bonkers ideas.

Source??

northfieldhearts

I guarantee that only protesters will be arrested. Every march or demo that Muslims have shown up at, they have been let off scot-free. Typical in this country that the polis turn blind eyes to them.

I guarantee that only protesters will be arrested. Every march or demo that Muslims have shown up at, they have been let off scot-free. Typical in this country that the polis turn blind eyes to them.

What evidence do you have to support that statement - seems very unlikely.

Sheriff Fatman
What evidence do you have to support that statement - seems very unlikely.

The voices in his head tell him it is so.

My thoughts are that Eggo is being far to soft on them, as is Portobello Jambo, there must be a far more painful way of stopping them:peek_by_Andrin:

I'd suggest that the RAF have a couple of C130 Hercules transport planes on the runway at Wootton Bassett and we allow the march to go ahead.

The protesters can then be marched right onto the planes and then flown to the closest muslim country where the protesters can live their lives in the fashion they so desperately crave with o freedom of speech, little human rights, no NHS, no state benefits etc etc etc.

I take it you are not suggesting that the flight is free and that it is a one way ticket:thumb:

I was always under the impression that the majority of the population was against the US led invasion. Don't have any stats to back it up at the present. Maybe somebody else can confirm.

Whether you agree with the war or not, its about backing our troops. This march is a slap on the face of the good people of WB and our Forces.

According to a survey carried out for the BBC, the proportion of Afghans supporting in the presence of US forces is still strong, but gradually falling.

A BBC/ABC opinion poll published in February 2009 suggests this figure is now down to 63% - from 71% in 2007 and 78% in 2006.

However when asked what posed the biggest danger to the country, most people said the Taliban.

How paranoid are you?

Not in the least in answer to your first point.

As far as your second point is concerned, if you think that anyone associated with the far right is ignoring this march, then you are a little more than just naive. I'll bet they're sitting plotting ways in which this whole scenario can be used to gain the greatest possible advantage for themselves. The BNP and Islam4UK are little more than two faces of the one coin. Fact!

Not in the least in answer to your first point.

As far as your second point is concerned, if you think that anyone associated with the far right is ignoring this march, then you are a little more than just naive. I'll bet they're sitting plotting ways in which this whole scenario can be used to gain the greatest possible advantage for themselves. The BNP and Islam4UK are little more than two faces of the one coin. Fact!

If you think this is a BNP issue your sadly mistaken.Its about these ***** thinking they can ride us in our own country.And good luck to anyone who stops this happening in any way or manner,they have my full support.

I have absolutely no interest in the BNP or any other of that ilk.

Its the duty of any British citizen to make sure that this does not happen on our shores.

Sheriff Fatman
If you think this is a BNP issue your sadly mistaken.Its about these ***** thinking they can ride us in our own country.And good luck to anyone who stops this happening in any way or manner,they have my full support.

Its the duty of any British citizen to make sure that this does not happen on our shores.

It's the duty of every British citizen to make sure that other British citizens are not allowed to use their right of free speach?

That's a new one on me.

It's the duty of every British citizen to make sure that other British citizens are not allowed to use their right of free speach?

That's a new one on me.

Go and read Choudrys speech on this and then see if you want to play Mr Goody two shoes.

Get these bams off our island!

Sheriff Fatman
Go and read Choudrys speech on this and then see if you want to play Mr Goody two shoes.

Get these bams off our island!

Who's being a goody two shoes, I'm just standing up for actual British traditons, rather than made up ones that people use to make themselves feel all superior.

I actually don't think that it's a BNP issue, thought I think that they will set out to make political capital out of it. I also abhor this lots decision to march in this way. However in a true democracy organisations like this take advantage of the rights that people have died for in order to make their own point, unfortunately no matter how disgusting most right thinking people view it.

What I do think is that it should be left to the residents of that particular town to show there disdain for the Islam4UK. By all means show your distaste for the organisation and it's members and their aims - however counter demonstrations and the possible intervention of other organisations would give this lot the oxygen of loads of publicity being able to portray themselves as the truly oppressed. Helped no doubt by liberals in the media

Both sides of the street lined with residents and ex service people with their backs to them would speak volumes in my opinion.

I actually don't think that it's a BNP issue, thought I think that they will set out to make political capital out of it. I also abhor this lots decision to march in this way. However in a true democracy organisations like this take advantage of the rights that people have died for in order to make their own point, unfortunately no matter how disgusting most right thinking people view it.

What I do think is that it should be left to the residents of that particular town to show there disdain for the Islam4UK. By all means show your distaste for the organisation and it's members and their aims - however counter demonstrations and the possible intervention of other organisations would give this lot the oxygen of loads of publicity being able to portray themselves as the truly oppressed. Helped no doubt by liberals in the media

Both sides of the street lined with residents and ex service people with their backs to them would speak volumes in my opinion.

Dont agree...people should kick 7 shades of choit out of the rats that are condonong the killing of our troops and living off the countrys benefit system.

Have you read Choudrys battle cry? Please do and see if my reaction is over the top or not!

Archived