A tale of two strikers

Julio

Mr T and Novo both played very well last night. Excellent finishes. Compare this to Nade and Clum. Nade is the laziest ever player. A complete waste of space.

Jambo in Bathgate
Mr T and Novo both played very well last night. Excellent finishes. Compare this to Nade and Clum. Nade is the laziest ever player. A complete waste of space.

Nade plays best when Kingston is in the team. He requires the ball to feet.

by definition " strikers" would be a players whose position/job would be to strike the ball at the opponents net! Trade descriptions would have issue calling either of the above "strikers"...."jokers" on the other hand.....

Hans von Luck

To be fair to Clum at lease he did try, sure he lacking ability however you cannot fault his effort to compare Nade.

Lazy barsteward.

:)

Walter Bishop

I thought Elii***** was lazier, hes a 21/22 (going on 7) year old boy and Grandpa Weir beat him to the ball every time last night.

Walter Bishop
aye if i blow hard enough i can get a trumpet to make a farting sound....doesn't quite make me Louis Armstrong :P

:4_1_72::4_1_72:

The comedians are out in force this morning my keyboard is covered in Tea !!!

To be fair to Clum at lease he did try, sure he lacking ability however you cannot fault his effort to compare Nade.

Lazy barsteward.

This 'at least he tries' pesh really gets on my tits, he is utterly useless, he's a Striker that doesn't score goals (or hold the ball up, make chances for others, control the fricking ball etc etc) FFS, that's like a Plumber that doesn't fix pipes, a Joiner that can't use a hammer or a Soldier that can't shoot, seriously what use is he? The other thing that peshes me off about Elliot is that he constantly comes out and says stuff about silencing the boo boys and showing his true worth, OK Calum, I suppose that will be worth waiting for.............................................................................still waiting......................................................still waiting.................................................................hello?

Do us all a favour Calum and just give up, you will NEVER make it you just don't have the talent.

As for Nade, yes he's lazy but when Kingston gets back in the team he will score goals. He could do with having a different ahem 'Strike' partner too.

I also thought Naismith looked quite good for them despite his willingness to go down too easily. Seems to have a bit of a hard edge to him as well as being fairly skillful which helps.

Remember when we were allegedly looking to sign him?

Can't lay all the blame on the strikers when they're getting no ammo supplied from the middle. But that's what happens when your midfield is as defensive as it can possibly be. The irony, of course being that it didn't defend too well, either.

Clum, though, was shocking (again). Unable to play a simple wall pass from a throw in. Schoolboy stuff. He might huff, he might puff, but that's all he has. He did, though, manage to at least hit a shot vaguely goalwards. Our other effort came from Jose. Two goalward shots in the entire 90 mins. The hardest thing their keeper did was take a ball down from a corner.

GeelongJamboDave

:confused:

This 'at least he tries' pesh really gets on my tits, he is utterly useless, he's a Striker that doesn't score goals (or hold the ball up, make chances for others, control the fricking ball etc etc) FFS, that's like a Plumber that doesn't fix pipes, a Joiner that can't use a hammer or a Soldier that can't shoot, seriously what use is he? The other thing that peshes me off about Elliot is that he constantly comes out and says stuff about silencing the boo boys and showing his true worth, OK Calum, I suppose that will be worth waiting for.............................................................................still waiting......................................................still waiting.................................................................hello?

Do us all a favour Calum and just give up, you will NEVER make it you just don't have the talent.

As for Nade, yes he's lazy but when Kingston gets back in the team he will score goals. He could do with having a different ahem 'Strike' partner too.

:confused:

:confused:What am I contradicting? Someone elses viewpoint that Calum Elliot is the next John Robertson?

The service to the 2 sets of strikers was a major factor.

Hearts lumped long balls which Weir and Cuellar were always going to win. They were defenders balls. They even had Dailly in front of those two.

On the other hand Rangers played through the midfield and slipped balls into Novo and Darcheville, on the deck.

Lets face it, the whole team is poor. We have some players of quality but we don't gel. It all stems from a poor management structure.

Elliot etc would be moved on if we had a decent management set-up.

There was barely a ball to our strikers' feet last night, it is ridiculous to lay the blame upon them.

They did get balls into feet and in the air and I will remind you what happened.

- Ball rolled to Clums feet - he manages to miss control it and flicks it into his face.

- Ball played in the air to Calum Elliot who is in acres of space after the Rangers players have decided he is not worth marking - he heads it to a rangers player.

- Ball played to Nade twice - He tries to beat 6 players and eventually gets tackled.

- Elliot gets the ball played infront of him - he blasts it over the bar.

The strikers are guff and I lay a lot of the blame for yesterday on them.

Nelly Terraces

Despite the glaringly obvious deficiencies in both our 2 front guys, it's hard to blame them last night as the service was shocking hood in the air or non existant stuff.

Elliott mind you, hmmm, there was a point where we had a throw in and everyones doing their statue impressions. Elliott though has the foresight to run and show for the ball. I'm like "Nice 1 Calum lad, good stuff!" Spoke too soon though as he totally sclaffed it and the ball went out of play, it was only a 5 yard cushion ball back the bloke who threw it in, but he couldnt even manage that. Pathetic.

There was barely a ball to our strikers' feet last night, it is ridiculous to lay the blame upon them.

Our strikers would look better if they had a player of the quality of Ferguson passing the ball to them. Although Nade would no doubt find a reason not to run onto the ball.

Ferguson looked like a world superstar last night against our lot.

Nade to me is a one trick horse, he gets the ball at his feet and tanner ba's until he has drawn three men, sounds good, but he usually does it too long and just loses the ball. It also seems when he is getting good service he moves too early and goes offside. And he is either extremely lazy or extremely unfit, neither a good thing.

Elliot is commended by the manager because he tries hard and puts in effort, there is none of us on JKB, and I include myself, who has ever played the game competitively who could not appear for Hearts at any level, be totally non productive, but in fairness would have to be commended for trying hard and putting in a shift.:mad:i

I felt Rangers identified Nade as a danger man after he played quite well against them in the CIS Cup, as he had two and sometimes three men on him all night, it's no surprise that when he got the ball he had no choice but to beat a man. Elliot, however, was left to his own devices yet doesn't have the spacial awareness or striking instinct to make any impact (OK shot in the first half aside), I must have screamed about half a dozen times for him to get into the box before I just gave up. I hope he never pulls on a Hearts jersey again.

The People's Chimp
They did get balls into feet and in the air and I will remind you what happened.

- Ball rolled to Clums feet - he manages to miss control it and flicks it into his face.

- Ball played in the air to Calum Elliot who is in acres of space after the Rangers players have decided he is not worth marking - he heads it to a rangers player.

- Ball played to Nade twice - He tries to beat 6 players and eventually gets tackled.

- Elliot gets the ball played infront of him - he blasts it over the bar.

The strikers are guff and I lay a lot of the blame for yesterday on them.

once.

I blame ruben dillydallyalldayos for yesterday. that was appallingly slow and awareness lacking play from him AGAIN. He slows down every move and wants far too long on the ball.

If there is shocking service from midfield and the defence give away cheap goals, how can you blame the front two?

Nade to me is a one trick horse, he gets the ball at his feet and tanner ba's until he has drawn three men, sounds good, but he usually does it too long and just loses the ball. It also seems when he is getting good service he moves too early and goes offside. And he is either extremely lazy or extremely unfit, neither a good thing.

Elliot is commended by the manager because he tries hard and puts in effort, there is none of us on JKB, and I include myself, who has ever played the game competitively who could not appear for Hearts at any level, be totally non productive, but in fairness would have to be commended for trying hard and putting in a shift.:mad:i

It?s the latter. For those watching on Sheetanta there was a close-up of him on the 10 minute mark, he was blowing out his erse, sweat streaming down his big chubby face. The guy has more chins than I have, and I?m 44. How is it that Screpis hasn?t kicked a ball yet after being here a whole month, no doubt getting his fitness levels up and yet Nade, who is clearly as unfit as a World pie eating champion with chronic asthma is playing weekin, week out.

As for Elliot I could sit on the bog and 'try really really hard' and produce the same as he does.

Neither of the aforementioned are the answer.

Archived