'Binge' shopping on New Years eve

Ray Winstone

What the hell is this all about?

Why do people feel the need to buy enough food and supplies to survive a nuclear winter on New Years eve?

Booze, I can understand, Crisps and snacks I can understand, generally stuff for having a party etc is acceptable.

However I went into Sainsburys, having arrived back in Aberdeen today for work tonight and needing to get some stuff for the flat, bread, milk and so on I found the shelves were bare!

People have been bulk buying bread, milk, meat and many more things that there certainly seems no need to be buying in such large volumes.

The shops are only closed for 1 or 2 days and there will certainly be some open on the 2nd in case of emergency etc.

It just seems strange that in this day and age people panic buy for what is essentially one day in which the shops will be closed.

Rant over.

Mrs JWL is not long back from Sainsburys at Westfield and she said the same thing, shelves devoid of bread and milk, same with fresh meat. The thing is, the people that bulk buy all this will eventually end up throwing it out as it will be out of date or it will have been left in the freezer for about 6 months.

Aye its fecking rank, youd think the end of the world was nigh.

Do people forget that the ethnic minorities are open on the 1st and 2nd?

Its ridiculous, people get so carried away. You'd think the world was ending by the way some of these erse holes shop..

I think people forget that most shops will be open AGAIN on Saturday, especially the big supermarkets..

Sterling Archer
What the hell is this all about?

Why do people feel the need to buy enough food and supplies to survive a nuclear winter on New Years eve?

Booze, I can understand, Crisps and snacks I can understand, generally stuff for having a party etc is acceptable.

However I went into Sainsburys, having arrived back in Aberdeen today for work tonight and needing to get some stuff for the flat, bread, milk and so on I found the shelves were bare!

People have been bulk buying bread, milk, meat and many more things that there certainly seems no need to be buying in such large volumes.

The shops are only closed for 1 or 2 days and there will certainly be some open on the 2nd in case of emergency etc.

It just seems strange that in this day and age people panic buy for what is essentially one day in which the shops will be closed.

Rant over.

Was that garthdee or berryden? Was working last new years in garthdee and it was insane, went shopping in morrisons today, shelves were fine and no queues really.

Aye its fecking rank, youd think the end of the world was nigh.

Do people forget that the ethnic minorities are open on the 1st and 2nd?

:rofl:

CavySlaveJambo

People tend to do this twice a year. Christmas Eve and Hogmanay.

I was in Morrisons and the Gyle today and maybe because it was a wee bit out of the way it was really quiet this morning.

And OK I overloaded on Milk before christmas but I will finish it BEFORE buying anymore.

Same about eating all the things out my freezer.

Libertonian_II

I actually got some white bread from Morrisons Gilmerton today. Thing is, I've nae room in the freezer for it........

Prince Buaben

My mum and gran both do this although just usually on christmas eve and its to last until after new year.

I certainly noticed that people were shopping as if there is gonna be a GREAT FAMINE or its gonna be the end of the world FFS the shops are only closed for a day! and if yer stuck on New Years day theres always Mr Patels Multi Mart for 20 fags , Bread and a pint of milk or more bevvy lol!

Archived