Terror In Kenya

Deek

This photograph of a young boy almost had me in tears.

_44363252_batonafp.jpg

The whole situation there appears to be on a downward spiral and I just hope the opposing parties can reconcile.

It would appear that a 1,000 people have died in the troubles over the last three week, with no hope for peace. It would also appear the violence is being fought over ethnic lines.

It's a bad situation. Kenya was always seen as a post colonial success story but that has been shattered recently.

There is chaos all over Africa but a lot isn't reported. There was a report in The Independent a few weeks ago about Sierra Leone and the average life expectancy is 38 for men and 42 for women. Over a quarter of children born are dead by the age of 5. My mother in law worked their in the 60's on VSO and it was better then than it is now. Yet the world closes its eyes.

It's a bad situation. Kenya was always seen as a post colonial success story but that has been shattered recently.

There is chaos all over Africa but a lot isn't reported. There was a report in The Independent a few weeks ago about Sierra Leone and the average life expectancy is 38 for men and 42 for women. Over a quarter of children born are dead by the age of 5. My mother in law worked their in the 60's on VSO and it was better then than it is now. Yet the world closes its eyes.

Is it because they are black with no oil that nobody cares?

its funny when you sit there at work or in your house and you think to yourself ' man i have such a s***e life and life isnt fair ' all that kind of stuff.

And you look at pictures like that. Makes you want to slap youself for complaining about your life, Sometimes we need to sep back and think of what other people in the world are going through.

I feel so sorry for these people

Is it because they are black with no oil that nobody cares?

Well Sierra Leone has a lot of diamonds, but they are a luxury commodity. America doesn't depend on them as such.

Well Sierra Leone has a lot of diamonds, but they are a luxury commodity. America doesn't depend on them as such.

I know Charles Taylor is on trial for backing rebels in Sierra Leone when he was in charge of Liberia, but I thought the diamonds were only (only) worth hundreds of millions as opposed to billions that oil is worth.

Whatever Kenya only has nothing apart from tourism.

The GNI is $540 and the life expentancy for a male is 48.

Archived