What is it with linesmen?

jambojim52

I refuse to call them assistant refs, but watching the Vermin V huns, I noticed that the linesman waited until the ref indicated which way the throw was. Now in our games this is happening a lot and is it any wonder the games going down hill! No way the ref can see every incident and the linesmen are there to help. If they can't even give a throw in on their own, how can they give ( or deny) a penalty!

Johanes de Silentio
I refuse to call them assistant refs, but watching the Vermin V huns, I noticed that the linesman waited until the ref indicated which way the throw was. Now in our games this is happening a lot and is it any wonder the games going down hill! No way the ref can see every incident and the linesmen are there to help. If they can't even give a throw in on their own, how can they give ( or deny) a penalty!

Sometimes referees will tell the linesmen before the game to leave the decisions to him - it's stupid, but true!

Some linesmen are just pish, of course!

Oh I dunno the far side linesman yesterday wasn't too bad...twice the ball was clearly out and he didn't give it...twice it would have gone against us!

gordon the jambo
Oh I dunno the far side linesman yesterday wasn't too bad...twice the ball was clearly out and he didn't give it...twice it would have gone against us!

That is why the ref calls the shots :drunk:

Archived