• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

You have to be kidding.

I've only been watching since start of the season and can't believe they lost to that. 

Stafford :facepalm: 

1 minute ago, 151 said:

I've only been watching since start of the season and can't believe they lost to that. 

Yup. 

I suppose it was always going to come down to a late error . 

But that was horrendous. 

9 minutes ago, 151 said:

That shows if you’re facepalming Stafford.

Rupert Pupkin

****ing gutted.. 3 SuperBowl’s 3 loses.. Devastated.. ..😩😩

Proud of my boy’s, we’ll be back

3 minutes ago, Rupert Pupkin said:

****ing gutted.. 3 SuperBowl’s 3 loses.. Devastated.. ..😩😩

Proud of my boy’s, we’ll be back

Can't believe we never seen it out to be honest. Had it wrapped up. Strange decision on the flag that they got their touchdown from but then the officials were shocking all game.

1 minute ago, 151 said:

Really? 

Looks pretty average to me. Throw it to Kupp and repeat.

:rofl: 

Edited by hmfc_liam06

Just now, 151 said:

Not sure what your getting at? 

You think he's the best QB in the NFL?

No he’s not but you’re coming across pretty clueless tbh.

Fastest QB to reach 30,000 passing yards. Carried the Lions for years. Has the most comeback wins of any QB in a single season. 

Soon as the clock hit 2 minutes to go there was only ever going to be one winner once Stafford put the Rams on his back.

Rupert Pupkin
2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Fastest QB to reach 30,000 passing yards. Carried the Lions for years. Has the most comeback wins of any QB in a single season. 

Soon as the clock hit 2 minutes to go there was only ever going to be one winner once Stafford put the Rams on his back.

Like Montana in 89... Done it when it counted.. That’s what makes it hard to swallow again...😩😩😩

Burrow will get more shots at it, of that I have no doubt.  We are a team again 

#WhoDey

Edited by Rupert Pupkin

1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I am clueless with regards to players histories etc because I literally only invested in it what 6 months ago or something. 

My first couple of posts were out of bitterness, feel calmer now but geniunely can't believe we chucked that away - there wasn't alot in it at all.

And the reason I facepalmed Stafford is because from what I have seen Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady and Burrow and even Allen and Murray look better. 

But like you said, im fairly clueless at the moment with regards to histories and how players have performed before this season - apart from watching the last 2 SB's before this one.

luckyBatistuta

Some shocking officiating in that game, really screwed up some big calls. A thoroughly enjoyable game though. 

NFL❤️🥰😘

And now to next season...it’s so far away😭😭😭

Edited by luckyBatistuta

It’s a shame to fall short but I’m hoping the experience will be enough to get em there again and win it

Like the 98 Hearts team.

Knowing how much losing it hurts gets you there.

Still the best season in 30 odd years and a joy to watch, at times 

Sort the O line out and do it again in 23

The Hogfather

It’s a shame that it was decided by a horrendous holding call in the end. The standard of officiating this season has been absolutely dreadful. 

7 hours ago, Rupert Pupkin said:

Burrow will get more shots at it, of that I have no doubt.  We are a team again 

#WhoDey

I thought the same when Marino got to the Superbowl in his 2nd season...then he never got back there again despite having a HoF career. Hope for Bengals fans sake that Burrow doesn't follow the same career path, it's hard to win Superbowls!

7 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

And now to next season...it’s so far away😭😭😭

Roll on the draft and free agency, not long to go now to start the hope all over again!

Malinga the Swinga

Shameful that hometown officiating decides Superbowl. Refs barely called anything all game and then,when title on the line, flag gets thrown to allow LA superstars the win.

From a long suffering Washington fan, with no love for either team, to make that call was a disgrace.

HeartsandonlyHearts

Had Kupp in my fantasy team and he’s been clutch pretty much all season. $#!tty way to lose but it was a decent Super Bowl for anyone without a dog in it. 

9 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

It’s a shame that it was decided by a horrendous holding call in the end. The standard of officiating this season has been absolutely dreadful. 

Eh? It was blatant. The lad tried to rip CK's tap aff.

Edited by ri Alban

4 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Shameful that hometown officiating decides Superbowl. Refs barely called anything all game and then,when title on the line, flag gets thrown to allow LA superstars the win.

From a long suffering Washington fan, with no love for either team, to make that call was a disgrace.

Eh?Are you lot blun?

Aaron Donald was excellent in the second half. That 3rd down stop when he pulled the lad back was outstanding.

And if OBJ had stayed fit, the Bengals would have been crushed. 

And sorry lads I meant the hold in the end zone. That other hold was iffy.

Going to be very interested to see where he goes on draft night. He's ranked in the top 15 of many draft boards, so a high chance we'll be seeing him picked in the 1st round.

11 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

Going to be very interested to see where he goes on draft night. He's ranked in the top 15 of many draft boards, so a high chance we'll be seeing him picked in the 1st round.

I was hoping for Hutchison at 2 and then Ojabo with the Rams pick but now that is pick 32 I can't see him being there.

Ojabo highlights from 2021, his one and only season really as a non-backup player for Michigan. He got a lot of strip sacks last season going by these highlights. Having Hutchinson lined up across from him no doubt helped him too.

Edited by PortyJambo

22 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

Ojabo highlights from 2021, his one and only season really as a non-backup player for Michigan. He got a lot of strip sacks last season going by these highlights. Having Hutchinson lined up across from him no doubt helped him too.

Hopefully the missing piece of the Commander's Defence.

Dan may/might hopefully be forced out soon. Mary Jo on the case now . 

He needs the jail for the Commanders pish on its own. :veryangry:

Edited by ri Alban

J.T.F.Robertson
On 19/02/2022 at 10:42, ri Alban said:

I wish they'd make the NFL season longer. 

:( Missing it.

Making the close-season shorter would be a better idea, imo.

What's the script with the combine then? Is it just all the draft players competing for a better draft position? Or is it open to people qho didn't make the initial draft? 

1 hour ago, 151 said:

What's the script with the combine then? Is it just all the draft players competing for a better draft position? Or is it open to people qho didn't make the initial draft? 

I think it's by invitation only, and is sent out to draft eligible players, which is all players who have completed 3 years of college. Not all college players accept the invitation, and not all college players are invited. Some do their own "pro days" at their college, where the college team's players do the same or similar drills for watching scouts/staff from NFL teams. You'll see some who do the combine and also their own pro days, especially if they were injured or don't think they did well enough at the combine.

The combine's basically physical tests and interviews (players also meet backstage with NFL team staff) for a job in the NFL. Some players might improve their draft stock, and some might find themselves falling, after the combine. It's debateable how much teams rely on the combine, it probably helps them choose who to draft, but whether it makes a big difference (compared to how they played in college) is probably different from team to team.

luckyBatistuta

Packers not strengthening for the foreseeable. Just gave Rodgers $200m over 4 years

Edited by luckyBatistuta

And now Russell Wilson traded to the Broncos, for multiple 1st round picks and players, including Drew Lock.

Edited by PortyJambo

luckyBatistuta
15 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

And now Russell Wilson traded to the Broncos, for multiple 1st round picks and players, including Drew Lock.

They needed a QB and they certainly got one. Some good weapons there for Wilson. Denver will be a top team next season, some great young talent. Wonder where this leaves Cousins, was strong rumours of him going to Denver.

Wentz traded to the Commies from the Colts. So, Colts gave up a 1st this draft to trade for him...and get a 3rd back this same draft for trading him away. :lol:

8 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

Wentz traded to the Commies from the Colts. So, Colts gave up a 1st this draft to trade for him...and get a 3rd back this same draft for trading him away. :lol:

There's a player in there. I had heard Carr was on his way to the Redskins, but Wentz is better than what we have.

Edited by ri Alban