**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Just now, ri Alban said:

Who starts for the Eagles now?

Foles has a year left i think. So you either go with him for the po games and say he can handle the pressure or you punt him and bring home a bag full of goodies to strengthen the team further. Could make a dynasty out of it....

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Just now, Gards said:

Bollocks - went to their QB and congratulated him.  And like rest of NE team they went off field to let Eagles celebrate.  Get the facts right.

:lies:

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Foles has a year left i think. So you either go with him for the po games and say he can handle the pressure or you punt him and bring home a bag full of goodies to strengthen the team further. Could make a dynasty out of it....

Redskins have a few picks they can have. :D

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Jimmy Johnson style.

1 minute ago, Gards said:

You prove he didn't do it.....

:D Calm doon. The boys on the telly said he ran straight off.

I'm calm and I think you'll see I and congratulating Eagles.  But to call Brady a bad loser is a bit off for the player he is...so just calling that out.

Just now, Gards said:

I'm calm and I think you'll see I and congratulating Eagles.  But to call Brady a bad loser is a bit off for the player he is...so just calling that out.

Most winners like him are bad losers.

J.T.F.Robertson
11 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Who starts for the Eagles now?

Wentz will still be their #1, no doubts, but it certainly gives them some options. An enviable position to be in.

5 minutes ago, Gards said:

So much anger. A bit like Tom.

3 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Wentz will still be their #1, no doubts, but it certainly gives them some options. An enviable position to be in.

Enviable? How'd you keep those two happy? A bit of a curse.

J.T.F.Robertson
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Enviable? How'd you keep those two happy? A bit of a curse.

Nah, no "curse". They have a franchise QB and a class back-up. If Foles wants more than that they have a marketable commodity to strengthen other areas if they so choose.

No negatives from my point of view.

4 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Nah, no "curse". They have a franchise QB and a class back-up. If Foles wants more than that they have a marketable commodity to strengthen other areas if they so choose.

Would they be better punting their starting QB? Strengthen even more.

4 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

It's a tough situation -- I think Wentz is probably the better quarterback but how TF do you bench your Super Bowl MVP?

Sister-in-law just texted after heading home from a watch party. Said Broad St. was insane but the mood was friendly and celebratory.

J.T.F.Robertson
9 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Would they be better punting their starting QB? Strengthen even more.

I actually lol'd at that. Wenz will just be entering his second year. Nae chance.

8 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

It's a tough situation -- I think Wentz is probably the better quarterback but how TF do you bench your Super Bowl MVP?

No "probablies" about it, imo. I guess it will come down to what Foles wants to do. 

Whatever, it's really a no lose situation for the team.

1 minute ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

I actually lol'd at that. Wenz will just be entering his second year. Nae chance.

No "probablies" about it, imo. I guess it will come down to what Foles wants to do. 

Whatever, it's really a no lose situation for the team.

Foles will move on. Wentz still the long term choice for the Eagles.

6 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Foles teammates might have a wee say on who stays.

J.T.F.Robertson

Agreed! He may well move on, but he's in a good position whatever he decides. 

So honestly, no idea what Foles wants, but he 29. He almost retired two years ago.

If I'm him I honestly think about telling the Eagles, "you know what? I'll dine for free for the next five years every time I go out in this city. This was a special team and I'll probably never be Super Bowl MVP again. Hand me a contract extension, a signing bonus, a local endorsements deal, and then hand me the baseball cap and the clipboard and call on me if Carson goes down again."

Probably not but hey maybe.

2 hours ago, Ugly American said:

So honestly, no idea what Foles wants, but he 29. He almost retired two years ago.

If I'm him I honestly think about telling the Eagles, "you know what? I'll dine for free for the next five years every time I go out in this city. This was a special team and I'll probably never be Super Bowl MVP again. Hand me a contract extension, a signing bonus, a local endorsements deal, and then hand me the baseball cap and the clipboard and call on me if Carson goes down again."

Probably not but hey maybe.

So you'd rest on your laurels and stop pushing yourself?

A Superbowl winner's ring cannot be taken away, neither can a Superbowl MVP accolade.

He's young enough to move franchises and try to make his name as a first choice QB. 

But I do agree that he should maybe take a year to milk this triumph for all he can, considering he came in as a replacement in december.

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Is there a bigger arsehole in the NFL than the Pats87(Richard Sherman, maybe)

Tom Brady has a straw up Donald Trumps arse. Not to be political but this instantly makes him a giant welt imo

Amazing victory for the Eagles. For once, Brady couldn’t manage the usual heartbreaking comeback.

Fair play to Philadelphia and Foles. I certainly wrote off their chances of going all the way when they became reliant on him. He’s looked shite for years. 

6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

:D Calm doon. The boys on the telly said he ran straight off.

Foles spent most of the celebrations looking for Brady, the TV showed it numerous times. Utterly classless from Brady but would you expect anything else?

Cracking Super Bowl, I'm lucky that in my 5 years of watching it that there's never been a poor one but this will take some beating.

6 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Foles spent most of the celebrations looking for Brady, the TV showed it numerous times. Utterly classless from Brady but would you expect anything else?

Cracking Super Bowl, I'm lucky that in my 5 years of watching it that there's never been a poor one but this will take some beating.

Perhaps you mean 4 years. The Super Bowl in 2014 was a terrible spectacle (after the laughing at the Broncos subsided). 

15 minutes ago, KineticBeat said:

What a great game for a SB. That won't be topped for a long long time. 

They probably thought that last year! 

1 hour ago, Peebo said:

Perhaps you mean 4 years. The Super Bowl in 2014 was a terrible spectacle (after the laughing at the Broncos subsided). 

To be fair that was my first Super Bowl so I was pretty much caught up in the spectacle of it.

8 hours ago, Gards said:

You prove he didn't do it.....

Around the 2:20 mark. Foles confirms he didn't see Brady after the game. 

3 minutes ago, KineticBeat said:

Around the 2:20 mark. Foles confirms he didn't see Brady after the game. 

It was evident watching the celebrations, Foles was continually looking around for him. As I said, classless from Brady.

alwaysthereinspirit

Well that was a tough loss. Better TEAM won. I'd have taken 33 points prior to the start and felt good. Patriots couldn't stop them on any third down and pretty much didn't lay a hand on Foles. Oh well. No sports radio for me this week.

1 minute ago, MacPhee said:

My man.

Unbelievable

Enjoy it mate.

I can only imagine the nick of you as you saw that Brady pass lofted to Gronk in the last seconds :lol:

Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

Enjoy it mate.

I can only imagine the nick of you as you saw that Brady pass lofted to Gronk in the last seconds :lol:

:lol:

It was horrible mate. The whole game I just kept thinking "they will come back and win". When we forced that fumble on brady I started to believe.

Eagles fans ended up tipping cars, looting shops, setting fires and generally destroying their own city last night. Strange behaviour. All a bit Hibs.

luckyBatistuta

Congratulations to the Eagles, a well deserved Super Bowl win. They took the game to the Patriots from the start and never let up. The atmosphere in the Brewhemia party was brilliant, with about 90%  of the place rooting for the Eagles. 

Was gutted near the end, because of my bet though. Skybet had an offer that if you put on two £5 bets you got one free. Came so close:sad:

B5C39BCF-05E0-49A2-A5D5-21CF96A1047A.jpeg

55 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Congratulations to the Eagles, a well deserved Super Bowl win. They took the game to the Patriots from the start and never let up. The atmosphere in the Brewhemia party was brilliant, with about 90%  of the place rooting for the Eagles. 

Was gutted near the end, because of my bet though. Skybet had an offer that if you put on two £5 bets you got one free. Came so close:sad:

B5C39BCF-05E0-49A2-A5D5-21CF96A1047A.jpeg

How many yards did each get?

Rodger Mellie
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Eagles fans ended up tipping cars, looting shops, setting fires and generally destroying their own city last night. Strange behaviour. All a bit Hibs.

Predicted this would happen earlier in the thread. Philly sports fans are well known over here for being nut jobs.

Agholor got 84, Hogan got 128. 

On that, Hogan (128), Amendola (152) and Gronkowski (116) were all 100+

Clement was the only eagle with 100+ receiving yards (100 on the dot).

Highly entertaining game, but I thought the normally neutral Chris Collinsworth displayed a bias toward New England.

He thought two of the Eagles' TDs should have been disallowed, even after official reviews ruled them good.

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

1 hour ago, KineticBeat said:

Agholor got 84, Hogan got 128. 

On that, Hogan (128), Amendola (152) and Gronkowski (116) were all 100+

Clement was the only eagle with 100+ receiving yards (100 on the dot).

As soon as I saw the bet, I thought Hogan would be a good shout for 100yds. Clement has got better each week, good player.

If all games were played at the pace of that game, especially the first half, the NFL would be the most popular game in the world. I feel sorry for the companies who paid big bucks for commercial break slots. :D Two QBs playing hurry up john Madden.

Edited by ri Alban