**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

I've added 4 weeks to the waivers (they weren't set right).

That should see us through till the end of the season but any issues let me know.

There doesn't seem to be an option for a second, third round etc, of bids.

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Sterling Archer

There doesn't seem to be an option for a second, third round etc, of bids.

What do you mean?

What do you mean?

Like if I wanted to add two or three players off waivers. I'd usually do one set of bids with a number of players on the list, and then there would be an option for a second set of bids.

So for example

Add Victor Cruz for $100 and drop Julio Jones

Add AJ Green for $100 and drop Julio Jones

Add Doug Martin for $100 and drop Julio Jones

would be first set of bids, second set

Add AJ Green for $100 and drop Peyton Manning

Add Doug Martin for $100 and drop Peyton Manning

But I can only seem to do the one set.

Am I just being a dick and getting how our waivers work mixed up with other leagues? :lol:

Sterling Archer

Yeah you're getting it mixed up! I've done that from time to time.

I got a first round bye in my bigger money league. $40 for winning the division.

If I win my next matchup I get $100 and if I win the 2 after that another $350ish.

Yeah you're getting it mixed up! I've done that from time to time.

I got a first round bye in my bigger money league. $40 for winning the division.

If I win my next matchup I get $100 and if I win the 2 after that another $350ish.

Is that the RT Sports one? I somehow managed to win my division for $40 after taking over a crappy team in a keeper league. Only missed out on the bye after I lost this weeks game, thanks to Bryce Browns MNF performance :down: Can't see me getting to that Championship or Superbowl games and getting some real money though, as I've only got Steven Jackson, Jacquizz Rodgers, Mark Ingram, Darryl Richardson and Ben Tate at RB :yucky:

In my $100 2QB dynasty that started this year...I am on the verge of having the 1.01 next year :down: Only upside to that is i'm hoping because it's a 2QB league, that the pick should be a bit more valuable, and I might be able to get a good trade for it. Should be set at QB for a long time with RG III and Cam Newton, and Tannehill as the back up.

Would be crazy, given the strength of your squad and the fact your top scorer by quite a bit, if you didn't make it.

Your top of the points scored list by 50. Possible points by 100. And if you combined Points scored+Bench points to get an idea of total squad strength, your ahead of the nearest team by nearly 400 points :blink:

I think Possible Points rather than Bench Points is the best marker of how good a squad is... the latter means that if someone has 3 great QBs or 5/6 WRs, for example, then they'll score high on bench points but never be able to actually utilise those points, as has happened to Donnie. Obviously he's still out in front on the PP scale but its not as dramatic.

Sterling Archer

Larry, shouldn't take you longt to turn around. I took over that team a month before the draft with Dez/Spiller/Mathews and this is the roster I had.

Joe Flacco

Thomas Jones

Brandon Jacobs

Brandon Stokley

Malcom Floyd

Kenny Britt

Todd Heap

John Carney

New York Jets

Jake Delhomme

A.J. Feeley

Troy Smith

Fred Taylor

Leon Washington

Danny Ware

BenJarvus Green-Ellis

Mike Goodson

Muhsin Muhammad

Marty Booker

Dennis Northcutt

Justin Gage

Lance Moore

David Clowney

Devin Thomas

Danny Woodhead

Louis Murphy

Jerramy Stevens

Shawn Nelson

Jason Hanson

New York Giants

I didn't have a clue about dynasty leagues then and stupidly sent Moore and Floyd away for mid round picks :facepalm:

Had a reasonable draft getting Dez, Starks, Sanders, Decker but went 2-10 and ended up with the 1.01 again.

Went with AJ Green at the 1.01 that year and during the year sent my future 1st for Jamaal Charles. Won my division (even though I had a 5-7 record) so ended up being the 1.07 for Charles.

During the draft this year I gave Dez, Donald Brown, my 2013 1st and 2013 2nd for the 1.04 (and took RG3). In this league you get 0.1pts per 1 yard passing so QBs are worth a ton.

Won the division with an 8-4 record and my team now looks like this (quite an improvement in 3 seasons).

Robert Griffin

Jamaal Charles

BenJarvus Green-Ellis

Eric Decker

A.J. Green

Cecil Shorts III

Aaron Hernandez

Alex Henery

Baltimore Ravens

Josh Freeman

Kevin Smith

Danny Woodhead

Mike Tolbert

James Casey

Cedric Peerman

Nate Burleson

James Jones

Danny Amendola

Julian Edelman

Emmanuel Sanders

Danario Alexander

Jonathan Baldwin

Greg Salas

Joseph Morgan

A.J. Jenkins

Keshawn Martin

LaVon Brazill

Dennis Pitta

Dwayne Allen

Seattle Seahawks

Donnie and Bryan what other leagues do you play. I'm getting sick of doing the free ESPN leagues and rather do 3 or 4 different money leagues or redrafts.

Thats some turnaround from your old team. The QB scoring(1 point for 10 yards passing) is the same in my keeper. When I took over last year I had the 1.02, was planning on taking Luck or RGIII...But just before the draft I got offered Julio Jones and the 1.6 and 7th round pick for the 1.2 and 2.11.

Because it's a 6 keeper league, there was some good players in amongst the rookies, so that 1.6 still guaranteed me a top player and I couldn't say no to getting Julio.

Ended up that both Luck and RG III where available anyway when the 1.6 came round :pleasing:

Sterling Archer

Donnie and Bryan what other leagues do you play. I'm getting sick of doing the free ESPN leagues and rather do 3 or 4 different money leagues or redrafts.

I'm in one league on RT Sports that I found through footballguys.

Also in one of the Hyperactive leagues (think there's 5 of them now). They've got a lot of good owners in them, including the guy that designed the skin for our league and a couple of guys that do the FBG's podcasts.

Edited by Robert Griffin III

Both money leagues

http://www.rtsports.com/

http://fantasyfootballleaguesite.com/

The RT Sports one has loads of different types of games, but I only took over a team in a league that has been running for over 10 years. So I have no idea what it's like for starting up with strangers.

The last one is ran on mfl like our dynasty league. Runs different Dynasty/Redraft and Keeper leagues.

Then you can always check here : http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showforum=10 for any other leagues that are starting or looking for replacement owners, try and find someone who has a history of running leagues and can be trusted not to chore your money :lol:

I'll be on the lookout for a salary league next year.

Sterling Archer

Round one tonight: Graham vs Colston.

This one could go all the way to Monday though with Nicks and potentially Griffin playing then.

Geoff Kilpatrick

This one could go all the way to Monday though with Nicks and potentially Griffin playing then.

Round 1 to Colston by the looks of it unless Graham nabs a TD...

Sterling Archer

Round 1 to Colston by the looks of it unless Graham nabs a TD...

2pts in a big matchup. I'm calling that a push.

Sterling Archer

Good luck to Martin. That's some effort for a turnaround team

Drew Brees obviously doesn't want to do him a favour.

Are you rolling out Sir Bob this week? Gutsy call :thumbsup:

I would say that Falcons are pretty much in now, would take something spectacular for Broncos to beat Seahawks after that Brees performance. And the Falcons look good for a win regardless.

Sterling Archer

Are you rolling out Sir Bob this week? Gutsy call :thumbsup:

I would say that Falcons are pretty much in now, would take something spectacular for Broncos to beat Seahawks after that Brees performance. And the Falcons look good for a win regardless.

All his best weeks have come on Rodgers terrible ones, might need to. He is playing the same giants d that stopped Rodgers last week though.

Still haven't decided to be honest, I know whatever I pick will end up being wrong.

Sterling Archer

@cmccosky: Raiola on Titus Young: "We've moved on from him. He wants to be an *******, let him be an *******. It's not my problem."

BREAKING!! FOX's Jay Glazer has reported that a Chiefs player shot and killed his girlfriend this morning and then took his own life. 610 KCSP is reporting the player is LB Jovan Belcher. Belcher was one of the team's starting ILBs. More to come as we receive information.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A 25-year-old Kansas City Chiefs player fatally shot his girlfriend early Saturday, then drove to Arrowhead Stadium and turned the gun on himself and committed suicide as two team officials were confronting him, police said.

Kansas City police Supervisor Andrea Khan would not release the name of the player.

Police spokesman Darin Snapp said authorities received a call Saturday morning from a woman who said her daughter had been shot multiple times at a residence about five miles away from the Arrowhead complex. Snapp said a call was then received from the Chiefs' practice facility.

Upon arriving, Snapp said that police witnessed a black male in a car with a handgun to his head talking to two Chiefs officials. That's when police heard a gunshot.

Arrowhead Stadium has been locked down since about 8 a.m.

"We can confirm that there was an incident at Arrowhead earlier this morning," the Chiefs said in a statement. "We are cooperating with authorities in their investigation."

The season has been a massive disappointment for the Chiefs, who were expected to contend for the AFC West title. But they're just 1-10 and mired in an eight-game losing streak that has been marked by devastating injuries and fan upheaval, with constant calls the past few weeks for general manager Scott Pioli and coach Romeo Crennel to be fired.

Kansas City is scheduled to host the Carolina Panthers on Sunday.

The NFL has told the Panthers to travel as planned to Kansas City on Saturday, the Charlotte Observer has reported, citing interim general manager Brandon Beane.

The Chiefs have been ravaged by injuries, lead the league in turnovers, can't settle on a quarterback and are dealing with a full-fledged fan rebellion.

The Twitter account for a fan group known as "Save Our Chiefs" recently surpassed 80,000 followers, about 17,000 more than the announced crowd at a recent game.

Things have been so bad this season that Crennel fired himself as defensive coordinator.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Sterling Archer

Good luck today guys. Think our division has once again shown its one of the strongest from top to bottom.

I take it if everything stays the same tonight. Nessies and the chargers get a bye. And the Seahawks v Buckeyes Falcons v Thunder is that right.

Latest ESPN playoff bracket

#8 Craigentinny Chargers 0 #1 Jambo Broncos 0 Quick Box Score TOT TBD - TBD - Quick Box Score TOT TBD - TBD - Quick Box Score TOT #5 gueriniere city jonathan 0 #4 booboys bengals 0 Quick Box Score TOT #6 Forrester Lightning 0 #3 Kaunas Buckeyes 0 Quick Box Score TOT TBD - TBD - Quick Box Score TOT #7 Midlothian Mavericks 0 #2 Queensferry Falcons 0

Sterling Archer

I take it if everything stays the same tonight. Nessies and the chargers get a bye. And the Seahawks v Buckeyes Falcons v Thunder is that right.

Latest ESPN playoff bracket

#8 Craigentinny Chargers 0 #1 Jambo Broncos 0 Quick Box Score TOT TBD - TBD - Quick Box Score TOT TBD - TBD - Quick Box Score TOT #5 gueriniere city jonathan 0 #4 booboys bengals 0 Quick Box Score TOT #6 Forrester Lightning 0 #3 Kaunas Buckeyes 0 Quick Box Score TOT TBD - TBD - Quick Box Score TOT #7 Midlothian Mavericks 0 #2 Queensferry Falcons 0

Correct, if you go to Reports then League there's a projected playoff seedings.

Sterling Archer

Saughton Seahawks looking like favourites for the 2nd seed now :(

Which would mean that if I can pull off a win...

Assuming the early games stay roughly the same.

Trent Richardson

Ryan Matthews

AJ Green

Hakeem Nicks

Kicker

BJGE

Emmanuel Sanders

Demaryius Thomas

Anotonio Gates

Kicker

+5points

I'd take your side. But its' set up for an exciting finish

Sterling Archer

Assuming the early games stay roughly the same.

Trent Richardson

Ryan Matthews

AJ Green

Hakeem Nicks

Kicker

BJGE

Emmanuel Sanders

Demaryius Thomas

Anotonio Gates

Kicker

+5points

I'd take your side. But its' set up for an exciting finish

Me and boo have a history of epic matchups.