**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

luckyBatistuta

Think Brady might be around for a while yet, that’s a few top players at the Bucs now signed up for the next 3 years🤔

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

On 23/03/2022 at 21:02, hmfc_liam06 said:

No WR is worth giving up that many picks for. 

I don’t know , if referring to Hill , it changes the landscape when you look at Miami’s other additions they have ridiculous speed , Edmonds , Mostert , Hill and Waddle before you even get to the just very very fast guys 🤣 Two RBs that they’ve been lacking too. Mike McDaniels running the show , could be interesting and they haven’t given up too much for it 

No Idle Talk

There is no hiding place for Tua Tagovailoa now. If he doesn't impress this season he is finished in Miami and he may be headed for a backup QB role somewhere else.

luckyBatistuta
49 minutes ago, sadj said:

I don’t know , if referring to Hill , it changes the landscape when you look at Miami’s other additions they have ridiculous speed , Edmonds , Mostert , Hill and Waddle before you even get to the just very very fast guys 🤣 Two RBs that they’ve been lacking too. Mike McDaniels running the show , could be interesting and they haven’t given up too much for it 

Most of the picks weren’t exactly premium ones, this could be a huge turning point for the franchise 

15 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

There is no hiding place for Tua Tagovailoa now. If he doesn't impress this season he is finished in Miami and he may be headed for a backup QB role somewhere else.

Yup, this season will make or break him now

Edited by luckyBatistuta

8 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

He's not been hiding, and has always said himself he needs to do better. What he has now is a HC who is supporting him, with better players around him and actually trying to accentuate his strengths. From stories about Flores, even if not all of them are true, it's clear he didn't want Tua and didn't support him. Hard place to succeed for a QB if a HC doesn't have your back.

And if he can't provide better results with support of McDaniel and much better offensive weapons...the Dolphins have two 2023 1st round picks to get someone else. And whether it's Tua or someone else, the QB in 2023 will have a better team around him.

• 2 weeks later...
Malinga the Swinga

Shocking news about Dwayne Haskins untimely death.

Just started to rebuild his Steelers career.

9 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Shocking news about Dwayne Haskins untimely death.

Just started to rebuild his Steelers career.

:(Only 24, he was still just a boy.  RIP 

Nae ***** wants join the Jets. :rofl:And Washington swindled their own fans out of money. Snyder needs the jail.

23 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Deebo Samuel has requested a trade. Strange one.

Seemingly not happy with his workload with basically playing 2 positions

Looking forward to seeing how the draft shakes out. As a Broncos fan, will be strange not having a 1st round pick but no better and much needed 1st round pick than Russell Wilson. 

If anyone is interested in joining a dynasty fantasy league, give me a shout. Its all other Hearts fans in the league and costs a fiver per year. There are two leagues, so ideally if someone wanted to join both, that would be great, but even if it was one, that would be good too.

18 hours ago, Martin said:

Looking forward to seeing how the draft shakes out. As a Broncos fan, will be strange not having a 1st round pick but no better and much needed 1st round pick than Russell Wilson. 

If anyone is interested in joining a dynasty fantasy league, give me a shout. Its all other Hearts fans in the league and costs a fiver per year. There are two leagues, so ideally if someone wanted to join both, that would be great, but even if it was one, that would be good too.

https://www.nfl.com/news/running-back-melvin-gordon-re-signing-with-broncos-for-one-year-up-to-5m

This is my first draft so to speak and don't really fully understand how it works. 

I get the basics and watched some of the preview shows during the week.

I didn't realise you can select anyone you want - i thought the whole point in the Combine etc was to get you into the round? As in the best 32 are first rounders. 

Then I woke up this morning and seen only Pickett was selected from the first round QB's. 

So I take it you can choose anyone you want and just bring them forward a round?

After the first 10 picks, I thought it was going to be a fairly boring draft with not many surprises...then teams went wild! All those trades, and even trades including players on draft night (usually a rarity once the draft has started).

I had no real interest due to Miami not having a pick, but it was still fun to watch, even if it went on too long with all the sideshows to the picks themselves.

3 hours ago, 151 said:

This is my first draft so to speak and don't really fully understand how it works. 

I get the basics and watched some of the preview shows during the week.

I didn't realise you can select anyone you want - i thought the whole point in the Combine etc was to get you into the round? As in the best 32 are first rounders. 

Then I woke up this morning and seen only Pickett was selected from the first round QB's. 

So I take it you can choose anyone you want and just bring them forward a round?

Combine, pro days etc are simply used to gauge the physical stats of players and give scouts/coaches a closer look at players they've already identified from video and is really just used to help teams confirm the selections they are already planning and occasionally throws up someone who's games in college hid how good they actually are.

Once the draft comes around teams can pick anyone they want (that meets eligibility criteria and has declared for the draft*) and each team either addresses a specific need (see the Steelers picking the only 1st round QB due to retirement of Big Ben and Haskins death) or teams will simply opt for the best available player almost regardless of position.

52 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Combine, pro days etc are simply used to gauge the physical stats of players and give scouts/coaches a closer look at players they've already identified from video and is really just used to help teams confirm the selections they are already planning and occasionally throws up someone who's games in college hid how good they actually are.

Once the draft comes around teams can pick anyone they want (that meets eligibility criteria and has declared for the draft*) and each team either addresses a specific need (see the Steelers picking the only 1st round QB due to retirement of Big Ben and Haskins death) or teams will simply opt for the best available player almost regardless of position.

Thanks.

I think I just got confused due to most of the mock drafts having the same names so I thought the first round only had 32 players eligible - and then so on for the other rounds based on some sort of ranking system done before the draft. 

I didn't realise you could pick anyone out of the 2 hundred and sixty odd folk eligible at any stage. 

2 hours ago, 151 said:

Thanks.

I think I just got confused due to most of the mock drafts having the same names so I thought the first round only had 32 players eligible - and then so on for the other rounds based on some sort of ranking system done before the draft. 

I didn't realise you could pick anyone out of the 2 hundred and sixty odd folk eligible at any stage. 

A good example of a team picking an unexpected 1st round player was the Patriots last night picking Cole Strange. Most of the mock drafts beforehand expected him to be a 3rd round pick or thereabouts. I can't recall any mock draft expecting him to be a 1st round, or even 2nd round, player, but the Patriots and Bill Belichick obviously just wanted him and will do their own thing, no matter what other teams/"experts" might think about the player. 

David Ojabo drafted by the Ravens in the 2nd round. It's a great landing spot for him, although I wish it hadn't been the Ravens as they're one of my least favourite teams in the NFL. They don't make many draft mistakes though, and Ojabo should be a great player for them once he's recovered from his injury.

hmfc_liam06
On 30/04/2022 at 12:47, PortyJambo said:

David Ojabo drafted by the Ravens in the 2nd round. It's a great landing spot for him, although I wish it hadn't been the Ravens as they're one of my least favourite teams in the NFL. They don't make many draft mistakes though, and Ojabo should be a great player for them once he's recovered from his injury.

I was gutted, I thought he was dropping to us and he goes the pick before. Would have loved Hutch and Ojabo in a Lions shirt.

Overall though, a very very good draft for us. Hopefully translates on to the field in the next year or 2.

The Hogfather

That's my plans of getting to one of the International Series games out the window. Right in amongst a Hearts European game and that'll have to take priority.

Placid Casual

Booked my flights and hotel for the weekend of Oct 8/9 for the Packers-Giants game.

Any tips on improving my chances of getting tickets would be most welcome!

No Idle Talk
On 02/05/2022 at 09:16, hmfc_liam06 said:

I was gutted, I thought he was dropping to us and he goes the pick before. Would have loved Hutch and Ojabo in a Lions shirt.

Overall though, a very very good draft for us. Hopefully translates on to the field in the next year or 2.

Let's hope so.

• 2 weeks later...

Antonio Brown crying on social media wanting to crawl back to the steelers to end his career there, bolt ya prick!

Steelers also being touted as being close to signing Eric Fisher, would defo be a big upgrade at left tackle

luckyBatistuta
3 hours ago, Ribble said:

Antonio Brown crying on social media wanting to crawl back to the steelers to end his career there, bolt ya prick!

Steelers also being touted as being close to signing Eric Fisher, would defo be a big upgrade at left tackle

Surely they wouldn’t let that clown anywhere near their franchise again. 

12 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Surely they wouldn’t let that clown anywhere near their franchise again. 

Appears he doesn't even want to play, just a one day, zero value contract so that he retires as a Steeler

luckyBatistuta
7 hours ago, Ribble said:

Appears he doesn't even want to play, just a one day, zero value contract so that he retires as a Steeler

Tell him to bolt, please🙏🏻 

3 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Tell him to bolt, please🙏🏻 

That was my initial response but AB clearly has mental health issues, a factor of which will no doubt be the hits taken in a steelers jersey so I’d understand if steelers decided to be the bigger man as it were and granted his wish

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Ribble said:

That was my initial response but AB clearly has mental health issues, a factor of which will no doubt be the hits taken in a steelers jersey so I’d understand if steelers decided to be the bigger man as it were and granted his wish

Not buying that he’s imploding because of the hits he’s taken throughout his career. The guy should have been a legend and looking forward to Canton, but it’s AB🙄

9 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Well that interview went well😱

Sadly, not a surprise. 

Not sure if you would have seen these, but there's some interesting stuff out there from behind the scenes at the draft. Panthers posted their update yesterday and I enjoyed watching the series on YouTube by the Colts. 

It's how I imagine Savage and team track talent for us ( or maybe not).

• 3 weeks later...
hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Gronk retires

Mibbes he'll stay retired unlike Old Man Brady

Didn’t Gronk do a Brady before it was a Brady?

9 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Didn’t Gronk do a Brady before it was a Brady?

Yup.

Both got another couple of retirements in them, I reckon. 

2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

ravens jaylon ferguson has died aged 26, no cause of death has been released

I read someone on Twatter saying it was an overdose, but don't know if that's been confirmed, or of what it was an overdose of.

• 2 weeks later...
No Idle Talk

I don't know how many of you fine people play fantasy football but I am looking for an owner for my IDP Dynasty League this year. The vacant team isn't that strong at the moment but you will have the second pick in this year's draft. The draft is linear so you will have the second pick in every round, so this should give you a chance to rebuild.

Some more info about the league. Rosters consist of 40 players. There are roster limits for each position. The positions where you only start one player each week(QB,TE,K) you can only have three of those on your roster. All the other positions you can carry seven players at those positions.

You have to designate 33 Keepers each year before the draft. The draft then consists of seven rounds, where rookies and any FA players can be drafted. This completes your roster of 40 players. If you want to release players after the draft and run with a smaller roster you can do that.

Draft picks cannot be traded. Player trades only. 

The weekly starting lineup is made up as follows:

QB

RB

RB

RB

WR

WR

WR

TE

K

DL

DL

DL

LB

LB

LB

DB

DB

DB

The scoring system is basically standard scoring for offensive players. The only differences being a QB gets 6pts per Passing TD and players score -3 for a fumble or an INT. Kickers get 3pts for a FG, irrespective of how long the FG is. I can detail the scoring for defensive players if you need to know that.

The league has been running for eight years now so it is an established league. If you would be interested in taking this team on, let me know. 🙂

15 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Most likely to be sheeite, but will probably still watch it 

BD77C25C-F4A4-495C-838F-5A7A5C4F4522.jpeg

It’ll be a refreshing change seeing them direct their violence at another man rather than women and children