Off to live the dream and play for his team

Edited by luckyBatistuta

luckyBatistuta
6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I'm glad I didn't drop Brady from my dynasty league 

Same😅

5 hours ago, Ribble said:

Steelers take Mitchell Trubisky on 2 year deal

I was wondering how much it would be for, as that should indicate whether he's being seen as a starter or a placeholder for someone else, and at $14.25m over 2 years, it seems more likely to be the latter. I expect they might still draft a QB in the 1st if there's someone they like.

J.T.F.Robertson
16 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

I was wondering how much it would be for, as that should indicate whether he's being seen as a starter or a placeholder for someone else, and at $14.25m over 2 years, it seems more likely to be the latter. I expect they might still draft a QB in the 1st if there's someone they like.

He'll start, then lead us to #7. 👍 ;)

16 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

Wins, so a 7-10 season? 😛

Remember we're talking about the Steelers, we don't do losing seasons, even when we're pish!

As for Trubisky, he'll be our starter this season for sure, once full details of the deal come out i.e how the money is split over the two years should indicate whether or not the steelers will try to draft Ben's long term successor this year or next

luckyBatistuta
20 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Remember we're talking about the Steelers, we don't do losing seasons, even when we're pish!

As for Trubisky, he'll be our starter this season for sure, once full details of the deal come out i.e how the money is split over the two years should indicate whether or not the steelers will try to draft Ben's long term successor this year or next

Can we  📌 this please 

:devil2:

J.T.F.Robertson
6 hours ago, Ribble said:

You tell 'em, R. ;)

7 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Can we  📌 this please 

:devil2:

Years 1985, 86, 88,91, 92, 98, and 99 said 'Haud ma beer'

Edited by ri Alban

luckyBatistuta

Wow, Davante Adams traded to the Raiders

Aaron Rodgers contract has done the Packers good and proper

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Watson to the Browns for 3x 1st round picks, and signs a new fully guaranteed 5 yr, $230m contract. 

Can hire a few masseuses for that money...

7 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

Watson to the Browns for 3x 1st round picks, and signs a new fully guaranteed 5 yr, $230m contract. 

Can hire a few masseuses for that money...

I reckon a few will leave the Browns because of this. The guy should be suspended, indefinitely. 

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I reckon a few will leave the Browns because of this. The guy should be suspended, indefinitely. 

It might just be talk, but I've seen a lot of posts on Twitter from Browns fans, and ones from the media too, that they can't support the Browns anymore. 

David Ojabo, the Scottish DE who was expected to be a 1st round pick in this draft, tore his Achilles at Michigan's Pro-day when running drills. 

Terrible news for him, as it would be for any player suffering such a bad injury at this late stage before the NFL draft. Especially as he tested well at the NFL Combine, so it really wasn't 100% necessary to test again at Michigan's Pro-day. As he's unlikely to be recovered in time for the 2022 season, it's likely that he won't be picked in the 1st round now, and will probably drop to someone in the 2nd who's willing to take a chance that he will fully recover and can wait on him.

Edited by PortyJambo

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, PortyJambo said:

David Ojabo, the Scottish DE who was expected to be a 1st round pick in this draft, tore his Achilles at Michigan's Pro-day when running drills. 

Terrible news for him, as it would be for any player suffering such a bad injury at this late stage before the NFL draft. Especially as he tested well at the NFL Combine, so it really wasn't 100% necessary to test again at Michigan's Pro-day. As he's unlikely to be recovered in time for the 2022 season, it's likely that he won't be picked in the 1st round now, and will probably drop to someone in the 2nd who's willing to take a chance that he will fully recover and can wait on him.

Most of the chatter is that teams with multiple 1sts or those later in the 1st, who are already pretty set at EDGE for the season, will draft him.

hmfc_liam06

Matt Ryan gets a bit of a hard time in my opinion. Not sure who else the Colts would get, who's any better, for a 3rd round pick.

15 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Matt Ryan gets a bit of a hard time in my opinion. Not sure who else the Colts would get, who's any better, for a 3rd round pick.

He's a pretty good QB, even if just a short term answer. Should be better than Wentz was for them.

I'd definitely take him over the other QB's still available, like Garoppolo and Mayfield (who would have likely cost more anyway)

Edited by PortyJambo

hmfc_liam06
46 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

He's a pretty good QB, even if just a short term answer. Should be better than Wentz was for them.

I'd definitely take him over the other QB's still available, like Garoppolo and Mayfield (who would have likely cost more anyway)

Correct. He has his bad moments but when he's hot he's superb. I think he'll do good for the Colts over the next 2 seasons.

luckyBatistuta
6 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

5 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

He’s better than Wentz, but I didn’t want him either. I would like to see us try and get someone in the draft that can hopefully take over from Ryan, who is surely only going to be around for 1 or 2 years. I suppose it could have been worse if we’d stumped up more for Jimmy G or Mayfield.

Tyreek Hill on the trade block, as the Chiefs haven't been able to come to a contract extension agreement with him. Dolphins and Jets apparently the front runners for a trade. Chiefs are looking for 2 x 1st round picks.

Edited by PortyJambo

Tyreek Hill on the trade block, as the Chiefs haven't been able to come to a contract extension agreement with him. Dolphins and Jets apparently the front runners for a trade. Chiefs are looking for 2 x 1st round picks.

Dolphins for a 1st, 2nd and 4th this year, 4th and 6th 2023. 

luckyBatistuta

To the Dolphins for a 1st(29), 2nd(50), 2x4th (one in 2023) and a 6th (2023)

Edited by luckyBatistuta

luckyBatistuta

Dolphins still have two 1st Round picks🤣🤣🤣 

Surely with the picks the Dolphins had, the Chiefs could have got a better trade

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Dolphins still have two 1st Round picks🤣🤣🤣 

Surely with the picks the Dolphins had, the Chiefs could have got a better trade

I expected Miami to be trading one of next year's too, but very glad they didn't have to. Apparently it was the 2nd round pick this year and all the other picks in the trade just so they didn't have to use a 1st from next year too. Which I'm glad of (don't really care about trading away a bunch of 4's and 6's), as they've loaded up for Tua, but if he doesn't show it this coming season then they'll have two 1st's to use to go and get another QB.

Hill also had a say in where he was traded, as he would have refused to sign a new contract with wherever the Chiefs wanted to trade him to, and the trade would have fallen through. 

Edited by PortyJambo

luckyBatistuta
5 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

I expected Miami to be trading one of next year's too, but very glad they didn't have to. Apparently it was the 2nd round pick this year and all the other picks in the trade just so they didn't have to use a 1st from next year too. Which I'm glad of (don't really care about trading away a bunch of 4's and 6's), as they've loaded up for Tua, but if he doesn't show it this coming season then they'll have two 1st's to use to go and get another QB.

Hill also had a say in where he was traded, as he would have refused to sign a new contract with wherever the Chiefs wanted to trade him to, and the trade would have fallen through. 

If I was a Dolphins fan, I’d have been happy with the trade, happy with the player, but unhappy my team had signed a ####

10 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

If I was a Dolphins fan, I’d have been happy with the trade, happy with the player, but unhappy my team had signed a ####

Pretty much where I'm at. Very happy at all of it, apart from Hill being a **** of a person.