**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

It's depressing shit now. Every ****ing season. 😐🤣

Thing is we have weapons , we have been abysmal on offence , i hoped wed improve after binning CG but jesus 😑 its the same shite as last year , weird plays that no other team tries , the special teams crap tpday shouldn’t happen. Idiotic penalties too. Its not good enough. I like Flores and I like what hes trying to do but we are looking as though we have regressed. Thats not on Tua in my head either. 

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Thing is we have weapons , we have been abysmal on offence , i hoped wed improve after binning CG but jesus 😑 its the same shite as last year , weird plays that no other team tries , the special teams crap tpday shouldn’t happen. Idiotic penalties too. Its not good enough. I like Flores and I like what hes trying to do but we are looking as though we have regressed. Thats not on Tua in my head either. 

I know it was pre-planned but that halftime toast to Shula really pissed me off too. The man would be embarrassed by the shitshow going on there just now. And whilst they were losing too. Just **** off. 😐🤣

4 hours ago, merrymac said:

You like your comfortable wins to be close😳

Good win on the road, but where has last seasons top ranked defence gone? So many missed tackles,

True, but :wtf: do officials have a against Chase Young. Roughing the passer 🤣 and :facepalm:

Malinga the Swinga
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

True, but :wtf: do officials have a against Chase Young. Roughing the passer 🤣 and :facepalm:

Can't afford to miss the tackles, especially when 4 guys missed the runner on last Falcons score, but the call on Young was a shocker. Not sure Ryan he felt it and officials desperate to be involved for no reason. 

At least Washington kept going and great effort for winning run.

8 hours ago, sadj said:

That was horrific yesterday, every bit as bad as the Bills shitshow a couple of weeks ago. I gritted it out until the 4th quarter, but gave up after Brissett fumbled. He won't cure it, as it's way more than just the QB play that is a problem, but I hope Tua is back soon, can't bear watching much more of Brissett.

6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Yep that was a poor call, especially since we ended up with the ball. Still a big worry how the defence are playing, its not been a bit of a blip one week , but every game. With the run of games coming up, it need sorted fast. Del Rio under a bit of pressure already?

7 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

That was horrific yesterday, every bit as bad as the Bills shitshow a couple of weeks ago. I gritted it out until the 4th quarter, but gave up after Brissett fumbled. He won't cure it, as it's way more than just the QB play that is a problem, but I hope Tua is back soon, can't bear watching much more of Brissett.

Expected back in week 6.

7 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

Where do we go to solve it. As i say I dont think Tua is the problem. The OC being changed needed to happen but the coOCs seem to have just carried on with the same shite. The defensive schemes early yesterday were superb and looked like you expect of the Miami defence. Then they just started looking shocking too. 

Its ridiculous. 

The Bills are looking decent so far.  Surprisingly little chat about them on the BBC, almost like the NFL equivalent of Hearts, the beeb like to ignore them :D

Seems odd, after having a passing interest in them for the past 15 years or so, to see them actually being considered as a possibility for the superbowl

3 hours ago, cotter said:

The Bills are looking decent so far.  Surprisingly little chat about them on the BBC, almost like the NFL equivalent of Hearts, the beeb like to ignore them :D

Seems odd, after having a passing interest in them for the past 15 years or so, to see them actually being considered as a possibility for the superbowl

They'll shite the bed as usual.

Chargers, Cowboys and Cardinals are the early front runners.

17 hours ago, Pagey said:

Urban Meyer video 👀

Has to be toast soon?

Ha, just came here to post that. Apart from the video showing the woman basically giving him a lapdance, there's another one out there showing him putting his finger somewhere it shouldn't be too :lol:

Edited by PortyJambo

The Hogfather
1 hour ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Zach Wilson is a bust! The laddie just can't throw on target long or short 😩

He's hit his stride in the last drive though. Just made the 4th that little bit more interesting.

chuck berrys hairline
48 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

He's hit his stride in the last drive though. Just made the 4th that little bit more interesting.

I think he's too small for NFL even when he scrambles still doesn't spot the open reciever.

The Hogfather
16 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

I think he's too small for NFL even when he scrambles still doesn't spot the open reciever.

He's better than Jameis Winston, who's just been picked on his first drive...

The Hogfather
4 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

He's better than Jameis Winston, who's just been picked on his first drive...

Shows what I know :laugh: 

That Packers-Bengals game was insane. Five missed field goals in the space of a few minutes. Incredible.

The Browns-Chargers game was a cracker as well. A bit too much offense for my own personal taste but a real ding dong battle between two very good teams. They will both be playing football in January.

As for the Lions...........  when will this torture end. It's the same gut wrenching movie week after week. 

Kalamazoo Jambo
2 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

As for the Lions...........  when will this torture end. It's the same gut wrenching movie week after week. 

I’d say it’s unbelievable. But it’s the Lions, so…. it’s believable :(

On 05/10/2021 at 16:16, ri Alban said:

They'll shite the bed as usual.

Chargers, Cowboys and Cardinals are the early front runners.

They put down another good performance last night.  Bonus I woke up unintentionally about 04:00 and caught the last quarter.

Will be good to see the cowboys back.  It was all about the Cowboys, Bears, 49ers and Dolphins when I was a young un.  Seemed strange when I started gettign interested again a few years ago that they were all gash

20 minutes ago, cotter said:

They put down another good performance last night.  Bonus I woke up unintentionally about 04:00 and caught the last quarter.

Will be good to see the cowboys back.  It was all about the Cowboys, Bears, 49ers and Dolphins when I was a young un.  Seemed strange when I started gettign interested again a few years ago that they were all gash

Just like my Washington football team.

Kalamazoo Jambo
3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I’m not sure Gruden sees the season out with raiders.

He lasted about 2 hours after you posted this :laugh:

37 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

NFL regular season games to Germany being talked about now.

They only get 8 home matches as it is

Half the league has 9 home games each year now that they've gone to a 17 game regular season, so I imagine it will teams that have the extra home game that will be expected to give up one to play overseas. Apart from Jags of course, as think they have an agreement with London to play a home game there every season for a while.

luckyBatistuta
On 11/10/2021 at 23:52, Lord BJ said:

I’m not sure Gruden sees the season out with raiders. A combination of being outdated, PR issues and players giving up on him due to his comments.

Be honest, probably,  be glad to see the back of him, we’ve been poor under him despite having a platform to build off and he’s been awful in draft. He’s wasted more draft capital than most.

He’s the GM as well as head coach in reality at Raiders.

Bucs removed him from their Ring of Honor too

Kalamazoo Jambo
17 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Yeah it escalated quicker than I thought.

I mainly just check NFL news to see who the Lions lost to, but must admit this one cut through the noise. Egregious behaviour on his part.

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Is this the investigation into Washington, that has outed Gruden?

Yes, and there has now been a request, via lawyers, by former players for all the findings to be released, not just the Gruden emails. 

7 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Indeed it is. 

Some interesting articles about the motivations of it.  Owners v employees stuff

I wont comment too much, as what Gruden said was incorrect, however, I’ll will be honest during my lifetime I have most certainly used certain terms, not the racial stuff (though I have indulged in casual racism/homophobia, I do here for humour once in a while), but I have certainly used homophobic and mysonigistic tropes.. Now that was wrong but my understanding of the issues wasn’t where it should have been, in the 90/00’s these sort of things  were viewed as semi common place. That does not excuse my behaviours or Grudens.

I have always used certain mechanism to trigger people in my professional life, to get the reaction I wanted. (I spent a lot of time studying that) I now realise these sort of tactics weren’t, always,  right.. Despite me not believing a word of it, i used them to garner a reaction I wanted and I shouldn’t. My bad😔

It does strike me as bear over there stuff though. Over 50,000 emails investigating WFT and what comes out of it relates to Raiders. Gruden having a pop at owners, when he wasn’t employed by the Raiders or the NFL, was always going to bite him.

As an aside I expect I will get a bit of stick for this post but Im just being honest, I’m not perfect but I learn🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Are they trying to shut Washington down, because they hate that wee prick Dan.

9 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Think its the opposite, owner being protected.

An article may give you a idea https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/10/12/jon-gruden-more-consequences-than-daniel-snyder-nfl-business. It wasn’t the one I was looking, as longer more detailed read earlier, bit gives you idea.

I now just planning for 2022 draft, its shite being a Raiders fan😔

Cheers 👍

21 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I have always used certain mechanism to trigger people in my professional life, to get the reaction I wanted. (I spent a lot of time studying that) I now realise these sort of tactics weren’t, always,  right.. Despite me not believing a word of it, i used them to garner a reaction I wanted and I shouldn’t. My bad😔

Are you Luis Aragones?

35 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

All set to go for another Dolphins London shitshow this afternoon.

surely they wont lose to the jags who have lost their last 20 games in a row

10 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

surely they wont lose to the jags who have lost their last 20 games in a row

You'd hope not, but this is the Dolphins.

50 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

You'd hope not, but this is the Dolphins.

yep, this wil end up being the game the jags lawrence finally shows why he was first pick

19 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

yep, this wil end up being the game the jags lawrence finally shows why he was first pick

not with that play he didn't

38 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Plenty time left for the Dolphins to chuck this. 😤

Didnt take us long , that call was a joke though

On 13/10/2021 at 01:51, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

I mainly just check NFL news to see who the Lions lost to, but must admit this one cut through the noise. Egregious behaviour on his part.

Smoltz during the baseball last night randomly came out with “im feeling it , this is the weekend the Lions finally win”