**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

6 hours ago, Cade said:

OOOft that Giants/Washington game was good.  

Easy drop by the Giants, then an offside to give Washington the win at the end.

Painful.

:jambobanana: 

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

On 13/09/2021 at 08:06, neilnunb said:

Great start for the Dolphins 😎

😑 I put todays game on just as Singletary went in and watched it until Allen rolled right and threw across himself for a TD and went yup 1-1 , next year please 😑

Edited by sadj

4 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Early slate of games we're quite shite but the later 5 more than made up for it!

I quite enjoyed the Panthers game. Great result and performance up to half time was promising. First time 2-0 since 2017 so no complaints :)

20 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Derek Carr has been nothing short of exceptional. Really underrated. Raiders looking very very good, so far .

Hopefully they fall off a cliff next week. The Chiefs Ravens game was superb entertainment. One of the best games Iv seen in a good while.

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Hopefully they fall off a cliff next week. The Chiefs Ravens game was superb entertainment. One of the best games Iv seen in a good while.

Packers tonight. Quite embarrassing if the Lions beat them.

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

I'm looking forward to Usain Bolt putting Hill back in his box.

24 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I'm looking forward to Usain Bolt putting Hill back in his box.

Was very impressed with Jackson last night. Took control of the offence and was almost like something clicked and he said this is my show Mahomes you watch and learn because I AM THE MAN.

J.T.F.Robertson
7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Derek Carr has been nothing short of exceptional. Really underrated. Raiders looking very very good, so far .

We are "rebuilding-central" from here on in but played with a defence missing half its starters. Now I know all teams have to deal with injuries at some point, but ffs, we're only into the second game.

Can't win them all. :(

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Carr is questionable for this weekend game against the Dolphins. If he’s unfit the Raiders will have to play their 3rd string QB, Nathan Peterman.😢

This is the guy who has posted a zero QB rating, holds record for most interceptions thrown for QB with less than 100 passing attempts and most interceptions on NFL debut. 

Praying to football gods that Carr makes it. 

As a Dolphins fan, I'm 🙏 for Peterman :lol:

20 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

You a fins fan or just hating on the Raiders?

Fins fan , have been since they beat the Bears in December 85 , unfortunately 🤣

45 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

You fin fans should have been praying for your QB. Tua out of week 3 clash according to Flores.

Saves him from the OL getting him killed in next couple games, they tried last week and only just failed!

On 12/09/2021 at 18:48, 151 said:

Really want to get into this sport but I really struggle with the positions and the technical stuff. Got the Buffalo Pittsburgh game on now.

Dunno if you've stuck with it still, but it was only around this time last year that I got into NFL and I look forward to every match now. Even watch a bit of college football on BT.

to this day, I stull don't know an awful lot about the positions, tactics, jargon etc. But I still really enjoy watching it and it's quite refreshing watching a sport where I'm not too intense on it. I just enjoy each game for what it is and what I see. Red Zone is good, but I actually found it easier in the opening weeks to just watch the narrative of one full game. Just to get into how all the downs and stuff work.

It's a great sport though, and it really is one of those, a bit like football where anything can happen on the day, and most games are never over til the final whistle. So many twists and turns in an individual game and there's not a lot of sports that can boast that.

Panthers 3-0 - delighted. Couple of noticeable losses tho, CMC short term, Horn perhaps for the season. 

Bring on the Cowboys!!

Edited by Pagey
sp

luckyBatistuta
54 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

NFL Network - A football life, featuring James Harrison.

Watch it!

Been looking forward to this one. Incredible player, such a force within that Steelers D. Wouldn’t like to get on his wrong side, one helluva intimidating guy.

3 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Tua goes onto IR and I think that might be the end of the road for him in Miami.

Not sure it does mean that. They were in a bit of a quandary as they have a 3rd QB that they like on their practice squad called Reid Sinnett, they now have to call him up to the main squad because of Tua's injury, but the NFL rules mean that if he's called up twice under the current rules then he's fair game to be claimed by any other team after that from their practice squad (he can be protected on the PS before that, which he has been).

Tua was going to be out a couple of weeks at least, so putting him on IR (which is minimum only 3 weeks) means they only don't have him for the Bucs game (after Raider/Colts) as well...which they're unlikely to win anyway even if he would be fit for it. It also means they can add Sinnett as an IR replacement without cutting anyone else and because of that he still has the 2 game protected callup from PS available.

Complicated, but it's basically roster management. 

Edited by PortyJambo

On 22/09/2021 at 17:29, PortyJambo said:

Saves him from the OL getting him killed in next couple games, they tried last week and only just failed!

🤣🤣 Would be nice if we could just be normal , Go house , nice TD run after a big stop , ahhh **** it have a safety to get back in it 🤪

41 minutes ago, Cade said:

Last-gasp 66 yard field goal to win a game!

:wow:

just seen the doink 🤣🤣

2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Oh **** off Miami 😡🖕

😑 Our defense is the strongest part of our game , certainly until we get an OC who can utilise the talent we have , yet its been utterly shredded two weeks in a row. 14-0 up and then they switched off as though they went nah we are fed up doing our jobs when you cant even move the ball 5yards…

Feels like its going to be a long season already

On 12/09/2021 at 18:48, 151 said:

Really want to get into this sport but I really struggle with the positions and the technical stuff. Got the Buffalo Pittsburgh game on now.

Offense 

Quarterback: The leader of the team. He calls the plays in the huddle, yells the signals at the line of scrimmage, and receives the ball from the center. Then he hands off the ball to a running back, throws it to a receiver, or runs with it.

Center: The player who snaps the ball to the quarterback. He handles the ball on every play.

Running back: A player who runs with the football. Running backs are also referred to as tailbacks, halfbacks, and rushers.

Fullback: A player who’s responsible for blocking for the running back and also for pass-blocking to protect the quarterback. Fullbacks, who are generally bigger than running backs, are short-yardage runners.

Wide receiver: A player who uses his speed and quickness to elude defenders and catch the football. Teams use as many as two to four wide receivers on every play.

Tight end: A player who serves as a receiver and also as a blocker. This player lines up beside the offensive tackle to the right or the left of the quarterback.

Left guard and right guard: The inner two members of the offensive line, whose jobs are to block for and protect the quarterback and ball carriers.

Left tackle and right tackle: The outer two members of the offensive line.

Defence

Defensive tackle: The inner two members of the defensive line, whose jobs are to maintain their positions in order to stop a running play or run through a gap in the offensive line to pressure the quarterback or disrupt the backfield formation.

Defensive end: The outer two members of the defensive line. Generally, their jobs are to overcome offensive blocking and meet in the backfield, where they combine to tackle the quarterback or ball carrier. On running plays to the outside, they’re responsible for forcing the ball carrier either out of bounds or toward (into) the pursuit of their defensive teammates.

Linebacker: These players line up behind the defensive linemen and generally are regarded as the team’s best tacklers. Depending on the formation, most teams employ either three or four linebackers on every play. Linebackers often have the dual role of defending the run and the pass.

Safety: The players who line up the deepest in the secondary — the last line of defense. There are free safeties and strong safeties, and they must defend the deep pass and the run.

Cornerback: The players who line up on the wide parts of the field, generally opposite the offensive receivers.

1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Offense 

Quarterback: The leader of the team. He calls the plays in the huddle, yells the signals at the line of scrimmage, and receives the ball from the center. Then he hands off the ball to a running back, throws it to a receiver, or runs with it.

Center: The player who snaps the ball to the quarterback. He handles the ball on every play.

Running back: A player who runs with the football. Running backs are also referred to as tailbacks, halfbacks, and rushers.

Fullback: A player who’s responsible for blocking for the running back and also for pass-blocking to protect the quarterback. Fullbacks, who are generally bigger than running backs, are short-yardage runners.

Wide receiver: A player who uses his speed and quickness to elude defenders and catch the football. Teams use as many as two to four wide receivers on every play.

Tight end: A player who serves as a receiver and also as a blocker. This player lines up beside the offensive tackle to the right or the left of the quarterback.

Left guard and right guard: The inner two members of the offensive line, whose jobs are to block for and protect the quarterback and ball carriers.

Defence

Defensive tackle: The inner two members of the defensive line, whose jobs are to maintain their positions in order to stop a running play or run through a gap in the offensive line to pressure the quarterback or disrupt the backfield formation.

Defensive end: The outer two members of the defensive line. Generally, their jobs are to overcome offensive blocking and meet in the backfield, where they combine to tackle the quarterback or ball carrier. On running plays to the outside, they’re responsible for forcing the ball carrier either out of bounds or toward (into) the pursuit of their defensive teammates.

Linebacker: These players line up behind the defensive linemen and generally are regarded as the team’s best tacklers. Depending on the formation, most teams employ either three or four linebackers on every play. Linebackers often have the dual role of defending the run and the pass.

Safety: The players who line up the deepest in the secondary — the last line of defense. There are free safeties and strong safeties, and they must defend the deep pass and the run.

Cornerback: The players who line up on the wide parts of the field, generally opposite the offensive receivers.

Thanks alot mate, really helpful. Just looks like organised chaos to me but this breaks it down a bit.

9 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

The Lions, man. smh

Don't think we're as bad as our record tbh.

And it doesn't help when the officials let Tucker kick that FG almost 3 seconds after the play clock expired. Shambles.

5 minutes ago, 151 said:

Thanks alot mate, really helpful. Just looks like organised chaos to me but this breaks it down a bit.

No problem, it's harder to comprehend for normal football fans due to each player only really having 1 specific task within a play and formations can change play to play.

Imagine in normal football if you were able to select 11 players from the 18 man squad for every set piece, 1 corner you play 4 centre half's too add height and the opposition counter with having 5 CH's defending the corner so corner 2 you drop to 2 CH's and add 2 players that can shoot from distance and it just continues on like that with bluff and counter bluff with both sides trying to guess what the opposition are going to try next.

i thought the rams made a mistake in throwing for the TD at 1st and goal with only 35 seconds left on the clock. they probably would have been better trying to run the clock down on the first 2 downs then going for the TD. Asw it gave mahomes 30 odd seconds to try and get a TD and win it for the chiefs. yes it never happened but all it would have taken is hill catching one of the throws from mahomes.

also if you have not seen it yet Agnew (jaguars) scored a 109 yard TD v the cardinals, the defense parted just like the aberdeen one for st mirrens winner yesterday

3 hours ago, Ribble said:

Offense 

Defence

Linebacker , I always think as the flanker , absolutely destroy anything that moves 🤣

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Linebacker , I always think as the flanker , absolutely destroy anything that moves 🤣

Indeed, probably the most complete athletes on the team with the best having incredible size, power and speed

2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Growing rumours about Deshawn Watson being traded to the fins. Might work for both in fairness.

Makes sense. Tua doesn't have it.

2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Kendrick Lemar, Dr Dre, Snoop and Eminem are doing this years super bowl half time show. 

mary j blige as well

Hagar the Horrible

I normally wait until week 8 before making a prediction, but now that Aaron rodgers has his s**t together, Its going to be a good season.

When does the transfer window slam shut?  there is frantic negotiation going on so must be close

Malinga the Swinga

Comfortable win for the Washington Football team. Never really any doubt over who was going to win, once we got going.

32 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Comfortable win for the Washington Football team. Never really any doubt over who was going to win, once we got going.

You like your comfortable wins to be close😳

Good win on the road, but where has last seasons top ranked defence gone? So many missed tackles,

2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Bored with the Dolphins now. What a joke. (I type this with 3mins to go - dont even care if they somehow come back 🤣 )

^^^ this except i put it off at HT