**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

PortyJambo

Schedule release day today. Has already been announced that there'll be 2 London games this season, Dolphins@Jags and Jets@Falcons. both games at Spurs new stadium.

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

luckyBatistuta
On 13/05/2021 at 04:58, ri Alban said:

Colt Brennan has died, aged only 37. 

A troubled life. It must hit some of these guys really hard to go from the being The Guy who everyone loves and wants to be around, to being the guy that never made it and folk aren’t interested in anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
Armageddon
On 12/05/2021 at 15:20, PortyJambo said:

Schedule release day today. Has already been announced that there'll be 2 London games this season, Dolphins@Jags and Jets@Falcons. both games at Spurs new stadium.

Anyone ever been to the London games?  Fancying it with a few mates

PortyJambo
13 hours ago, Armageddon said:

I've been down for every Miami game there's been in London and they're enjoyable, especially if you have a few mates with you or can meet up with fellow fans. Not a patch on watching a game in the US, in the main because it's not a home/away crowd. Just about every team is represented by fans at the game, so although you'll see plenty of the visiting team's fans, they're all spread out. 

One way I'd like to see them improve the International Series games is to have sections set aside for fans of each team, so in a small way it would then replicate a US game. It would improve the atmosphere as well.

hmfc_liam06
16 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Great trip.

We go down Saturday, grab some food and a few beers. Head to Wembley with a carry out, take in the build up/tailgate (not really a tailgate but as tailgate as we'll ever get here in the UK) and then head to The Green Man pub afterwards. It's a great day.

Never done White Hart Lane though so no idea what that's like.

7 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

I've been down for every Miami game there's been in London and they're enjoyable, especially if you have a few mates with you or can meet up with fellow fans. Not a patch on watching a game in the US, in the main because it's not a home/away crowd. Just about every team is represented by fans at the game, so although you'll see plenty of the visiting team's fans, they're all spread out. 

One way I'd like to see them improve the International Series games is to have sections set aside for fans of each team, so in a small way it would then replicate a US game. It would improve the atmosphere as well.

Big difficulty here is that most fans go with a group of mates and invariably everyone supports a different team, even when i've just went with Mrs Ribble, she's a s****hawks fan and i'm steelers

PortyJambo
8 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Big difficulty here is that most fans go with a group of mates and invariably everyone supports a different team, even when i've just went with Mrs Ribble, she's a s****hawks fan and i'm steelers

Even more reason to want to have separate sections! 

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Got to suffer that too. My Mrs is also a Seahawks fan. One of my boys is also defecting to the Dolphins when we go down, might just leave him there🤨😤

On 24/05/2021 at 18:39, luckyBatistuta said:

Got to suffer that too. My Mrs is also a Seahawks fan. One of my boys is also defecting to the Dolphins when we go down, might just leave him there🤨😤

Defecting 😒 what you mean is he has seen the light 👌🏻

luckyBatistuta
5 hours ago, sadj said:

Defecting 😒 what you mean is he has seen the light 👌🏻

No, his dad has seen the viridian green light and disowned him🤨😤

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/05/2021 at 19:33, Armageddon said:

Went down in 2010 to see 49rs (my brothers team) vs Broncos (my team)

Great experience plus all the stuff outside the stadium was great.

Only problem was pish beer in stadium

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 24/06/2021 at 20:47, RustyRightPeg said:

NFL approved alternate helmets for throwback uni's. Exciting stuff.

Got a link? Like to see these

• 2 weeks later...

Probably a long shot, but anyone know if Sky ever show any pre-season games? Or if they get streamed anywhere?

Just like football, I gather I'll probably go off them very quickly but I'm just really craving a game right now. :lol: 

23 hours ago, Locky said:

Probably a long shot, but anyone know if Sky ever show any pre-season games? Or if they get streamed anywhere?

Just like football, I gather I'll probably go off them very quickly but I'm just really craving a game right now. :lol: 

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think Sky show them. 

You'll get most of them on NFL network I think. 

On 19/07/2021 at 21:04, Locky said:

If you sign up for NFL Gamepass, and if you want to watch the team you support every week I would recommend it, then they show all the preseason games as part of the package. Only games you don't get live on Gamepass are the two 6pm/9pm games that Sky show each Sunday of the regular season.

As babywhalo says above, I'm not sure if Sky show preseason games, but have got a feeling they don't.

2 hours ago, babywhalo said:

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think Sky show them. 

You'll get most of them on NFL network I think. 

1 hour ago, PortyJambo said:

If you sign up for NFL Gamepass, and if you want to watch the team you support every week I would recommend it, then they show all the preseason games as part of the package. Only games you don't get live on Gamepass are the two 6pm/9pm games that Sky show each Sunday of the regular season.

As babywhalo says above, I'm not sure if Sky show preseason games, but have got a feeling they don't.

Thanks guys. Didn't expect Sky to, but worth a try. I'll definitely check out Game Pass.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/07/2021 at 22:05, PortyJambo said:

Sky have previously showed games - one a week in 2019. Don’t know if they did last year (I can’t recall if there were actually any preseason games?).

In any case, preseason games are absolutely terrible from both an entertainment and competitive spectacle. When I had a NFL season ticket, only time I ever went to a game was when I had a mate visiting and I literally could not give my tickets away for the rest of the time. 

On 24/07/2021 at 01:56, luckyBatistuta said:

Looking like Aaron Rodgers retiring before this season.

Thankfully the Texans saved the day by generously dumping Cobb. About the only decent trade we’ve made for years. 

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Peebo said:

Thankfully the Texans saved the day by generously dumping Cobb. About the only decent trade we’ve made for years. 

Certainly didn’t see that trade coming, definitely no great loss for you. Some seriously baffling moves by the Texans over the last few years. Were you hoping to get some nice players/picks for Watson, all a bit quiet.  Colts aren’t exactly exciting myself either. We have some great pieces in place, but still a quite a bit short of being up there. It hits home when you’re buying a Colts jersey and you can’t even think which player name you want to put on it😕

On 02/08/2021 at 17:17, hmfc_liam06 said:

Wentz out for up to 3 months.

Bring back Rivers :lol:

Quinton Nelson out for the same time for the same injury/surgery too. He's almost a bigger loss than Wentz. The Colts are well on the way to being this year's 49ers injury-wise.

According to Flashscores, the Corwboys and Steelers pre-season match on Thursday night/Friday morning is on Sky Sports. :jjyay:

Not getting my hopes up for the most enjoyable experience, but will just be nice to be watching it again.

luckyBatistuta
52 minutes ago, Locky said:

According to Flashscores, the Corwboys and Steelers pre-season match on Thursday night/Friday morning is on Sky Sports. :jjyay:

Not getting my hopes up for the most enjoyable experience, but will just be nice to be watching it again.

It’s not the greatest to watch, but the experience is certainly more enjoyable if you do fantasy football, gives you a small sample of where your players are at. Just seems to take an eternity for the new season to come back around.

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

It’s not the greatest to watch, but the experience is certainly more enjoyable if you do fantasy football, gives you a small sample of where your players are at. Just seems to take an eternity for the new season to come back around.

Speaking of fantasy football, I've set up a new re-draft guilotine league with a few posters from here. 

It's £5 entry, we draft at the start of September and are looking for 4 more players. 

Send me a PM if you're interested and I'll send on the details. 

33 minutes ago, babywhalo said:

Speaking of fantasy football, I've set up a new re-draft guilotine league with a few posters from here. 

It's £5 entry, we draft at the start of September and are looking for 4 more players. 

As much as I was replying to LB's post here, the invitation is open to anyone 

luckyBatistuta
3 hours ago, babywhalo said:

I’m already in 2 leagues pal and not really wanting to take on another, as I already watch out for enough players as it is. Thanks for offering though

13 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Only real indicator for players at the likes of the Steelers is that if they are playing in the pre-season games then they are either struggling for fitness or won't be a starter come week 1, Tomlin generally won't play many if any starters and the steelers will lose the majority of their pre-season games

7 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Buffalo are reportedly looking to move to Austin. Now know doubt it is posturing to get Bufallo to stump up cash for a stadium. 

Jerry JOnes will be seething.

Toronto also seems to have been mentioned as a possibility, as well.

I believe talks are so far advanced, the franchise is being renamed the Powers. 

On 04/08/2021 at 19:24, Locky said:

Saw this posted elsewhere, so Sky are showing some other preseason games.

🏈 PRESEASON SCHEDULE 🏈

📺 August 20: Chiefs @ Cardinals - 1am on Main Event & Arena

📺 August 23: Jaguars @ Saints - 1am on Main Event & SS NFL

📺 August 29: Dolphins @ Bengals - 9pm on SS NFL

📺 August 30: Browns @ Falcons - 1am on SS NFL

2 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

🏈 PRESEASON SCHEDULE 🏈

:yas: 

9 hours ago, MaskedMarauder said:

Is there anywhere that offers an NFL fantasy competition like sky or the premier league do for the EPL? 

@luckyBatistutais offering a grand to anyone who predicts the Superbowl champions. 

:whistling:

luckyBatistuta
6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

@luckyBatistutais offering a grand to anyone who predicts the Superbowl champions. 

:whistling:

I’ve actually no idea what you’re on about 😱🤷🏼‍♂️🤪🤣

I do know the answer though😁

I can also guarantee one particular team will not be winning it this year too

Edited by luckyBatistuta

4 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I’ve actually no idea what you’re on about 😱🤷🏼‍♂️🤪🤣

I do know the answer though😁

I can also guarantee one particular team will not be winning it this year too

Go Football Team.

luckyBatistuta
20 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Go Football Team.

Good luck with that😁

Was just watching your highlights on GMFB. It’s only preseason, but the thing I took away from it, was how composed Mac Jones looked out there. 

On 12/08/2021 at 20:10, MaskedMarauder said:

Is there anywhere that offers an NFL fantasy competition like sky or the premier league do for the EPL? 

Think there's one or two sites that do it, aye. Not sure if it's as popular or not...

Edited by hmfc_liam06

12 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Good luck with that😁

Was just watching your highlights on GMFB. It’s only preseason, but the thing I took away from it, was how composed Mac Jones looked out there. 

Down to the FG kickers. Looks like ours might cost us.

Anyway, the D-Line will crush our divisional rivals and personally I think Heinicke  should start.

On 11/08/2021 at 19:43, PortyJambo said:

🏈 PRESEASON SCHEDULE 🏈

All preseason games are on Game Pass for free.

51 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

All preseason games are on Game Pass for free.

Yeah, just about to watch my Dolphins 1st preseason game in under half an hour. Was just posting the list of Sky preseason games for those that don't have Gamepass.

21 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Think there's one or two sites that do it, aye. Not sure if it's as popular or not...

I’ve re-read the post that you’ve replied to about ten times to see if I am missing the joke. Must be some sort of piss take 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, Peebo said:

I’ve re-read the post that you’ve replied to about ten times to see if I am missing the joke. Must be some sort of piss take 🤷🏻‍♂️

I wasn't convinced either way...

18 hours ago, jonesy said:

Love it when the NFL restarts, along with the NHL. Signals the start of Autumn, and all the pies, soup and fruit associated with it.

Not next week it won't, Jonesy. :sunny: 30°+ and pretty hot in September. My garden is fecked fae that wee spell we had a month ago. First cut yesterday since the 17th of July.

Anyway, I agree with your post. Roll on the WFT's Superbowl victory. :)