**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

48 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

It really needs to be a team already in a winning position with little draft needs. He's not going to want to go to a team who needs a rebuild but have given up multiple 1st's.

I honestly don't think he's all that tradeable.

Yeah, honestly think it'd be somewhere like the 49's that's the best fit for need, cap space and ability to give up the required amount of draft capital but would he go there?

I would have said the saints if bree's does actually retire at the end of the season but they're even worse than the steelers for cap space, think they are close to being 100m over for 21 as things stand so there is no danger they are taking on a 4 year 156m contract

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Malinga the Swinga

He would be more than welcome to join Washington. Instant upgrade and already division winning defence. 

You know it makes sense(other than massive financial outlay and draft options given up). 

6 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Rapoport reckons Texans will be asking for "up to 4/5 first round picks".

No one will give them that I don't think, not when you factor in the value of his contract.

Washington might. But I'd rather take Brees for a season or two. 

6 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Rapoport reckons Texans will be asking for "up to 4/5 first round picks".

No one will give them that I don't think, not when you factor in the value of his contract.

Washington might. But I'd rather take Brees for a season or two. 

luckyBatistuta

Gutted...

I thought we played not too bad, done a good job of slowing down a Bills offence that has been moving the ball well.

A few critical mistakes though...

What the heck was Turay thinking, total brain fart. Nobody should be anywhere close to jumping there. The biggest turning point in the game imo. We were going in to the half leading, but instead that penalty gave them a 1st down and then lead to the Allen TD, which left us chasing the game from there on.

Going for it instead of kicking the extra point. Another mistake imo, which proved crucial in the end. If had still been on the 2 yard line, I would have been happy for them to go for it. After losing yards though, I think they should have taken the points.

On the final drive with the clock ticking down, they huddled up and wasted valuable seconds. No idea what they were thinking with that🤷🏼‍♂️

As for the ruling on the field standing in favour of the Colts near the end, a terrible call by the officials as far as I’m concerned. The Bills fans would have been raging if they had gone on to lose. Yes if it’s too close to call, you go with the ruling on the field, but Pascal had clearly got back up as a runner before being touched. A clear fumble in my eyes.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Disappointing defeat for the Seahawks. 10 point defeat at home to 6th seed Rams. 

Although I'm still pretty new to NFL, I can see a lot wrong with how the Seahawks play. Defensively pretty sound, but the offence is so one track minded. Wilson is always looking for that long pass to Metcalfe or Lockett. I don't necessarily blame Wilson, as there's not really another option. Just so reliant on one or two players, specifically Metcalfe.

J.T.F.Robertson
11 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:yas:

I'm with you all the way. Unfortunately that's rarely a plus.

27 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

I'm with you all the way. Unfortunately that's rarely a plus.

Doesn’t help with stupid calls from kick off and back officiating. Pass interference not called against the Buccs on more than 1 occasion. I'm surprised they didn't give the bucs the ball there. 

Edited by ri Alban

J.T.F.Robertson
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Doesn’t help with stupid calls from kick off and back officiating. Pass interference not called against the Buccs on more than 1 occasion. I'm surprised they didn't give the bucs the ball there. 

Can’t believe they would give one of Tam's teams the benefit on an obvious PI call. 

Just now, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Can’t believe they would give one of Tam's teams the benefit on an obvious PI call. 

The Steelers on the receiving end of a few? 

I think it's gone, now. We need to keep teams under 20 points. :(

Can’t wait for next season with this young team and a QB who can lead the offense. :)

Go Redwolves! 

Edited by ri Alban

A question for the more knowledgeable than I...

If you line up for a kick for PAT - can you still bluff and try for 2?

10 minutes ago, Boof said:

Seems you can - if you are the defence 🤣

What Is PAT in Football? (liveabout.com)

But this surprised me, seems you can get two points Boof

Two-Point Conversion in NFL and college football (liveabout.com)

Edited by Captain Slog

18 minutes ago, Boof said:

Now i come to think about it, isnt the PAT line ten or fifteen yards back now?  You'd have to be pretty desperate to attempt those two points.

On 04/01/2021 at 18:46, hmfc_liam06 said:

Steelers had a legit reason to rest him and still tried to win the game.

Eagles straight up deliberately lost.

Aye, he's shite. 

The Steelers need to go into wild west mode but in reality....

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I'm delighted that mouthy prick JuJu is out. The absolute worst of team mates.

Heard somewhere, I think it was the Pat McAfee show that the moment he said that the Steelers lost the tie. 

Watched the highlights without looking at a breakdown of the scores first and didn’t realise the Browns went 28-0 after 3 interceptions or whatever it was. 

6 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Heard somewhere, I think it was the Pat McAfee show that the moment he said that the Steelers lost the tie. 

Absolutely.

Between that and the logo dancing, I think they lost both those games too. It's just needless.

41 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I'm delighted that mouthy prick JuJu is out. The absolute worst of team mates.

Could be out in more than one way, with the steelers cap issues for next year I doubt we'll offer him the $16m+ per year it'd take for him not to test the water in free agency. Not to mention that he looks a whole lot less of a player when it's not big ben throwing the ball so why would the steelers pay that kind of money when there is no guarantee that they find a top replacement for big ben in the next few seasons?

1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Could be out in more than one way, with the steelers cap issues for next year I doubt we'll offer him the $16m+ per year it'd take for him not to test the water in free agency. Not to mention that he looks a whole lot less of a player when it's not big ben throwing the ball so why would the steelers pay that kind of money when there is no guarantee that they find a top replacement for big ben in the next few seasons?

I'd be letting him walk. And despite us (Lions) desperate for WR's, I wouldn't want us touching him with a barge pole.

Claypool looks the boy for you anyway. Johnson isn't a bad WR2 if/when fit.

Think that was Ben's last rodeo?

11 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I'd be letting him walk. And despite us (Lions) desperate for WR's, I wouldn't want us touching him with a barge pole.

Claypool looks the boy for you anyway. Johnson isn't a bad WR2 if/when fit.

Think that was Ben's last rodeo?

Thing is that neither Claypool or Johnson are really good in the slot so it's more likely we'll be looking at Washington or McLeod stepping up but we're not exactly bad at drafting WR's, even in the later rounds so i'm in the let him walk camp, especially with our cap situation

With Big Ben i'm not sure tbh, either he looks at the 4 INT's and realises that he just doesn't quite have it at the very top anymore or he'll focus on 47 receptions, 501 yards and 4 TD's and go another year in the hope that we go big in the draft on a RB to ease the load, time will tell

7 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Thing is that neither Claypool or Johnson are really good in the slot so it's more likely we'll be looking at Washington or McLeod stepping up but we're not exactly bad at drafting WR's, even in the later rounds so i'm in the let him walk camp, especially with our cap situation

With Big Ben i'm not sure tbh, either he looks at the 4 INT's and realises that he just doesn't quite have it at the very top anymore or he'll focus on 47 receptions, 501 yards and 4 TD's and go another year in the hope that we go big in the draft on a RB to ease the load, time will tell

The tears may have signalled the end.

I'd love us to go for Devonta Smith at 7, we only have Cephus contracted for 2021. I'm sure we'll tag Golladay though.

Steelers wasting no time in changing things up for next season, OC Randy Fichtner gone as have the OL and DB coaches with the Tight End coach Daniel James also retiring.

Looks like quite a big crowd at this Green Bay game.

Wonder how many are allowed in there.

Haha must have heard me on SKY as they've just said 6,000. Must admit, thought it looked a good bit more.

Edited by neilnunb

On 10/01/2021 at 20:46, Boof said:

On 10/01/2021 at 20:53, Captain Slog said:

Seems you can - if you are the defence 🤣

What Is PAT in Football? (liveabout.com)

But this surprised me, seems you can get two points Boof

Two-Point Conversion in NFL and college football (liveabout.com)

Green Bay tried it earlier. And failed. :lol: 

24 minutes ago, Locky said:

Green Bay tried it earlier. And failed. :lol: 

Cheers, forgot this was on, at least ill get all the Bills game

1 minute ago, Captain Slog said:

Cheers, forgot this was on, at least ill get all the Bills game

Been quite intriguing so far, but if you're tuning in for the 4th, you've came at a good time.

Dunno if I'll bother with the Bills game. I plan on staying up for the late game tomorrow. Dunno if I've got it in me to watch tonights. That said, I've got 6 cold Stella in the fridge, so you never know. :P 

56 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Stroll for the Packers.

Fingers crossed for a Bills win tonight.

Goff was better than I expected but GB were tremendous offensively. Really want a Bucs @ Packers next week.

6 hours ago, JamTarts98 said:

Goff was better than I expected but GB were tremendous offensively. Really want a Bucs @ Packers next week.

Saints will make the Superbowl. But no one is getting near KC. 

11 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Saints will make the Superbowl. But no one is getting near KC. 

I don't think the Saints will make the Superbowl. Brees looks like he's on his last legs. Although in saying that Peyton Manning won a Superbowl with half an arm so you could be right. Bucs 27 24 in overtime is my pick.