**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

I think you may end up with unwanted win. Washington are on full self destruct mode and talk of Haskins playing. They would be better getting popcorn seller to play than him. Utterly useless. 

^ Not watched a Lions game type post 😂

Honestly, we're as much of a shambles. That's 2 weeks running now, and 3rd time in total this season Patricia has had 10 men on defense which lead to giving up a touchdown. Last week he even rolled with 9 men. Some boy!

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

luckyBatistuta

Shocking officiating in the Texans game. Allowed a 75 yard touchdown for Houston to stand, even though the play clock expired 3 seconds before the play🤪

4 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Shocking officiating in the Texans game. Allowed a 75 yard touchdown for Houston to stand, even though the play clock expired 3 seconds before the play🤪

It's only the jags. 

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

It's only the jags. 

Aye🤣 couldn’t believe they missed something so obvious though.

Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

Aye🤣 couldn’t believe they missed something so obvious though.

The poor jags are shat on without a blink of an eye. Terrible. 

Did you see that big 300 pound linesman diving last week, when his opposition gave him a wee shove. :rofl:This was me, and the ref just pfft him. Shocking.

When I remember the game I'll get back to you. 

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

The poor jags are shat on without a blink of an eye. Terrible. 

Did you see that big 300 pound linesman diving last week, when his opposition gave him a wee shove. :rofl:This was me, and the ref just pfft him. Shocking.

When I remember the game I'll get back to you. 

Can’t recall it 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Can’t recall it 🤷‍♂️

I couldn't believe my eyes. It was last Sunday early game on sky. I'll remember later. 

What about the Steelers, do you think Big Ben will keep the heid enough to win it or will he be his usual wild self? 

luckyBatistuta
Just now, ri Alban said:

I couldn't believe my eyes. It was last Sunday early game on sky. I'll remember later. 

What about the Steelers, do you think Big Ben will keep the heid enough to win it or will he be his usual wild self? 

I’ve got Gamepass, so can go back and watch any game.

Malinga the Swinga
4 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I’ve got Gamepass, so can go back and watch any game.

Unless you want a laugh, wouldn't bother going back to any Washington game. Should be on comedy or horror channel. 

luckyBatistuta
Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Unless you want a laugh, wouldn't bother going back to any Washington game. Should be on comedy or horror channel. 

🤣 not the greatest. I try and take in every single game, watch the full game if the ones I fancy and watch the rest in their 40 minute replays. Don’t remember the incident rA has mentioned, maybe an age thing🤪

6 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

🤣 not the greatest. I try and take in every single game, watch the full game if the ones I fancy and watch the rest in their 40 minute replays. Don’t remember the incident rA has mentioned, maybe an age thing🤪

I'm sure it was the Eagles v Cowboys. But feck watching QB amateur hour again. 

I'm sure it was the Eagles v Cowboys. But feck watching QB amateur hour again. 

17 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I think you may end up with unwanted win. Washington are on full self destruct mode and talk of Haskins playing. They would be better getting popcorn seller to play than him. Utterly useless. 

Haskins is causing trouble behind the scenes. Washington need to get rid asap. 

And they need to put a new name in place pronto. Football team is pathetic. 

Edited by ri Alban

Big Ben in isolation(from the Steelers) after coming into contact with someone who tested positive. 

Edited by ri Alban

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Big Ben in isolation(from the Steelers) after coming into contact with someone who tested positive. 

It was tight end Vance McDonald that has tested positive for covid, Big Ben, Jaylen Samuels, Vince Williams and Jerald Hawkins had all been in close contact, all are in 5 day isolation until Saturday, if they test negative on the multiple covid tests required then they will be able to play Sunday against the Bengals.

Malinga the Swinga
On 10/11/2020 at 11:07, hmfc_liam06 said:

^ Not watched a Lions game type post 😂

Honestly, we're as much of a shambles. That's 2 weeks running now, and 3rd time in total this season Patricia has had 10 men on defense which lead to giving up a touchdown. Last week he even rolled with 9 men. Some boy!

Told you that your mob would win. Washington finding new way to lose each week. Conceding penalty, regardless of closeness of call, is sign of Ill discipline and poor coaching. 

Can't even be bothered checking to see who beats us next weekend. 

Thankfully I had the Bills vs Cardinals match on in the background while watching the Seahawks, and better yet, switched my full attention to it just in time to see each of those late touchdowns. Unbelievable finish!

As for the Seahawks, ****ing murder. Game management was poor, and Russell Wilson was poor. Too many rookie mistakes, especially from Wilson who is far from a rookie. DK Metcalf didn't do too badly, he just wasn't really made to get involved in many of the plays and he's clearly the biggest threat. Cardinals at Seahawks on Thursday night/Friday morning which could be interesting.

I'm off on Friday, dare I stay up for it. :ninja: 

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Told you that your mob would win. Washington finding new way to lose each week. Conceding penalty, regardless of closeness of call, is sign of Ill discipline and poor coaching. 

Can't even be bothered checking to see who beats us next weekend. 

Mixed emotions from me. Good to win but keeps the clown in a job for another week.

Steelers train just keeps a rollin, 9-0 with only really hard games left being Ravens away (week 11) and bills at home (week 13), just need to start picking up on our run game down the stretch and could be a very good season

12 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Those Dolphins 🐬🔥🔥🔥

Having said that, looks like the Bills have pinched another win.

- Dolphins now on a 5 game win streak

- Bills lose

- Texans lose and their pick moves up in draft

Pretty much a perfect weekend for us Miami fans!

J.T.F.Robertson
5 hours ago, Ribble said:

Steelers train just keeps a rollin, 9-0 with only really hard games left being Ravens away (week 11) and bills at home (week 13), just need to start picking up on our run game down the stretch and could be a very good season

Don't discount the Jags this weekend, they ran GB close yesterday.

We have the proverbial bullseye on our back now.

Agree about the lack of a run threat. Can’t decide if the line just can't run-block or if it's down to Conner but am inclined to go with the former.

J.T.F.Robertson

Play of the week from Nick Chubb, a perfect example of a team player👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Should've stayed in bounds and sat doon, no?

luckyBatistuta
51 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Should've stayed in bounds and sat doon, no?

Aye, he should have, but how many players across that league would have taken the TD and basked in the glory of it.

7 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Aye, he should have, but how many players across that league would have taken the TD and basked in the glory of it.

Bet the Falcons lad wish he'd done the same against the Lions. 

luckyBatistuta
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Bet the Falcons lad wish he'd done the same against the Lions. 

Yup, only have to look at the Bills to see how quickly it can all unfold. It was an incredible weekend of drama.

Seahawks vs Cardinals at 1.20am, and I'm full of good intentions to stay up for it. Massive game really, and Seahawks need to really avoid a 3 game losing streak coming into this part of the season. Recently found out my wee brother has been into NFL for ages and likes Seahawks too, so that's me sold on them. 

Honestly can't believe that 4 weeks ago, I'd never watched NFL and now I'm honestly hooked. I get genuinely excited about being able to watch a game. 

7 hours ago, Locky said:

Seahawks vs Cardinals at 1.20am, and I'm full of good intentions to stay up for it. Massive game really, and Seahawks need to really avoid a 3 game losing streak coming into this part of the season. Recently found out my wee brother has been into NFL for ages and likes Seahawks too, so that's me sold on them. 

Honestly can't believe that 4 weeks ago, I'd never watched NFL and now I'm honestly hooked. I get genuinely excited about being able to watch a game. 

Well don't ever watch washington, they'll soon put you back off again. :cheese: From Kings to amateur in the space of 60 minutes, and not in a fun way. Sigh! 

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Well don't ever watch washington, they'll soon put you back off again. :cheese: From Kings to amateur in the space of 60 minutes, and not in a fun way. Sigh! 

Sending hugs x

11 hours ago, Locky said:

I have an uncle in Seattle so I had considered following them. While they were successful and even won the Super Bowl during that time, they were absolutely turgid to watch.

I regret that decision to this day.

:lolderwood:

6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Last couple of Seattle performances have sort of went that way. Just slowly fading out the game. Held on for dear life a bit last night.

2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I have an uncle in Seattle so I had considered following them. While they were successful and even won the Super Bowl during that time, they were absolutely turgid to watch.

I regret that decision to this day.

:lolderwood:

First few times I watched them they were quite exciting, but last night and Sunday showed that they sure like to make it hard for themselves. Injuries didn't help last night either mind you.

14 hours ago, Locky said:

Just wait until you get into fantasy NFL, I thought I was an avid fan but once I got into fantasy it took to another level, the kickback IDP league has 50 man squads with individual defence, can easily get into the wormhole researching form, positions how well opposition do against the run/pass etc 

Dennis Reynolds

Anyone know how to watch highlights of last night's game on sky? Scheduled highlights for 3pm but is there any available now? Or am I better just going through YouTube?

Thursday night game highlights with my breakfast coffee going forward would be ideal!

Edit: Found them! 

Edit edit: As a Wilson and Metcalf owner I'm not impressed with all the running plays.

Edited by LMc

17 hours ago, Locky said:

🤣

Awesome picked a good time to start now the Dolphins are in a major rebuild and look like having a bright future.... The only real team in the NFL 😉

6 hours ago, LMc said:

Anyone know how to watch highlights of last night's game on sky? Scheduled highlights for 3pm but is there any available now? Or am I better just going through YouTube?

Thursday night game highlights with my breakfast coffee going forward would be ideal!

Edit: Found them! 

Edit edit: As a Wilson and Metcalf owner I'm not impressed with all the running plays.

Every game has highlights on YouTube, usually around 15 minutes per match.

Dennis Reynolds
52 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Every game has highlights on YouTube, usually around 15 minutes per match.

Sounds better than the 5 minute key highlights I watched this morning. Will have a look Monday morning for the late Sunday games. Ta.

46 minutes ago, Cade said:

NFC (L)east continues to amuse.

Division leader is at 3-6-1

:rofl:

I wanna take sympathy with the Jets, but that ghastly Hibs-esque shirt means they get what they deserve.

NFC East:

Philli Eagles 3-6-1

NY Giants 3-7

Cowboys 3-7

Washington 3-7

Group of death, any of them can still win the division or get a wildcard spot

:vrface:

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Cade said:

NFC East:

Philli Eagles 3-6-1

NY Giants 3-7

Cowboys 3-7

Washington 3-7

Dimes gonna get them over the line. Can’t believe I put money on them Cowboys🙄

13 hours ago, Cade said:

NFC East:

Philli Eagles 3-6-1

NY Giants 3-7

Cowboys 3-7

Washington 3-7

And!? 

Tell me, how many Superbowls does the East have to their name? 

6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

And!? 

Tell me, how many Superbowls does the East have to their name? 

Just a wee bit Aberdeen mate...