• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

7 hours ago, Boston Jambo said:

Today might well be Cam Newton's last shot at keeping his job as starter for the Pats.

😃

J.T.F.Robertson
18 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Steelers equal their best ever start to a season by beating the ravens to go 7-0

And that's with the offence only showing up for a half. 

More than happy with the record but they could make it easier on themselves. (And me ;) )

Watched my first ever NFL game last night! Had Red Zone on for the 5pm games, and enjoyed it, but felt like it was difficult to really keep up with the narrative of a game so decided to just go all in and watch 49ers at Seahawks. Decent game, and while I'd be lying if I said I was totally fixated on it for the full 3 hours or whatever it was, I did keep up with it and enjoy it.

Naturally, I'm trying to find a team to back. Coincidentally, I was actually thinking about the Seahawks before I watched that game, so it was good to watch them. For some reason too, the Detroit Lions are calling me. :lol: 

9 hours ago, ri Alban said:

My god, The Eagles and the Cowboys are rotten. Washington should stroll this division from here on in. 

Just so long as the cowboys stay rotten next week i'll be happy!

Weird win as an Eagles fan last night! Great to beat Dallas as always but that was torturous for most of the game. Very little to get excited about when it comes to Philly just now!

luckyBatistuta
14 hours ago, ri Alban said:

My god, The Eagles and the Cowboys are rotten. Washington should stroll this division from here on in. 

They are indeed, the whole division is. Wish I hadn’t thrown my money away on them Cowboys🤪

7 hours ago, Locky said:

Watched my first ever NFL game last night! Had Red Zone on for the 5pm games, and enjoyed it, but felt like it was difficult to really keep up with the narrative of a game so decided to just go all in and watch 49ers at Seahawks. Decent game, and while I'd be lying if I said I was totally fixated on it for the full 3 hours or whatever it was, I did keep up with it and enjoy it.

Naturally, I'm trying to find a team to back. Coincidentally, I was actually thinking about the Seahawks before I watched that game, so it was good to watch them. For some reason too, the Detroit Lions are calling me. :lol: 

A lot of pain and suffering going down the Lions route😬

RedZone is a great way to watch, cutting between several games whenever anything noteworthy happens.

Trying to sit through a single NFL game only antagonises me.

Q576vo.gif

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

They are indeed, the whole division is. Wish I hadn’t thrown my money away on them Cowboys🤪

A lot of pain and suffering going down the Lions route😬

Think that's what drew me to them. :lol:

Spoke to my work mate who likes NFL and told him that I watched it last night. Now we've decided to watch the Giants (his team) tonight and Zoom call each other at the same time. It startes at 1.15am and I'm working in the morning. :ninja: 

luckyBatistuta
26 minutes ago, Locky said:

Think that's what drew me to them. :lol:

Spoke to my work mate who likes NFL and told him that I watched it last night. Now we've decided to watch the Giants (his team) tonight and Zoom call each other at the same time. It startes at 1.15am and I'm working in the morning. :ninja: 

You’ll be lucky if you both hold out until the end of that one. The Giants have been truly awful lately. The Bucs should get out the gate quickly and build a nice lead. The rest of the game will be the Bucs defense terrorising Daniel Jones, who I feel really sorry for. I think he’s a decent QB, but he walked in to a mess as a rookie and it’s not got any better this season. The Giants really need a good run at the upcoming draft.

12 hours ago, Locky said:

Man you're in for a world of hurt if you go with the Lions, get put through the wringer on a weekly basis...but no one can ever accuse you of being a glory hunter!

4 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

You’ll be lucky if you both hold out until the end of that one. The Giants have been truly awful lately. The Bucs should get out the gate quickly and build a nice lead. The rest of the game will be the Bucs defense terrorising Daniel Jones, who I feel really sorry for. I think he’s a decent QB, but he walked in to a mess as a rookie and it’s not got any better this season. The Giants really need a good run at the upcoming draft.

I'm hoping the banter between us both is enough to carry me through. :lol: Haven't watched Tom Brady in action yet either so I feel like I should before it's possibly too late.

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Man you're in for a world of hurt if you go with the Lions, get put through the wringer on a weekly basis...but no one can ever accuse you of being a glory hunter!

I like an underdog. I was just drawn by the fact that they've been in the NFL for almost 100 years and won **** all. :lol: 

6 hours ago, Locky said:

I like an underdog. I was just drawn by the fact that they've been in the NFL for almost 100 years and won **** all. :lol: 

Washington is the team for any PHM. :)

luckyBatistuta
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Washington is the team for any PHM. :)

Would have thought you would have been an Indy fan.

That game was decent last night. A hard thought win for Tampa in the end. Late drama as Giants scored a touchdown in the final seconds to make it 25-23, and went for the 2 point play. Bucs player got a touch on it to block but there was a fairly lengthy review to see if it was a foul (it wasn't). Part of me would've loved to see the Giants comeback, but it was well after 4 and I couldn't be arsed with OT. :lol: 

@luckyBatistuta I see what you mean with Daniel Jones. Tampa pressed him hard all night, and put him under a lot of pressure which led to a fair few interceptions. Boy definitely has some talent though.

@ri Alban I thought about Washington with the obvious colour connection, but the name puts me off for now. :lol: Are there intentions of coming up with something again, or are they content with 'Football Team'? I remember the whole Redskins fiasco but wasn't sure if they were looking to rebrand again.

luckyBatistuta
6 minutes ago, Locky said:

That game was decent last night. A hard thought win for Tampa in the end. Late drama as Giants scored a touchdown in the final seconds to make it 25-23, and went for the 2 point play. Bucs player got a touch on it to block but there was a fairly lengthy review to see if it was a foul (it wasn't). Part of me would've loved to see the Giants comeback, but it was well after 4 and I couldn't be arsed with OT. :lol: 

@luckyBatistuta I see what you mean with Daniel Jones. Tampa pressed him hard all night, and put him under a lot of pressure which led to a fair few interceptions. Boy definitely has some talent though.

@ri Alban I thought about Washington with the obvious colour connection, but the name puts me off for now. :lol: Are there intentions of coming up with something again, or are they content with 'Football Team'? I remember the whole Redskins fiasco but wasn't sure if they were looking to rebrand again.

Glad you enjoyed it. It didn’t quite play out like I thought it would. I think Daniel Jones is a great prospect, but they’re ruining him imo. I just hope they can get more protection and weapons around him through trades and the draft. 

10 hours ago, Locky said:

Excuse me...we won the title before the Super Bowl era :lol:

luckyBatistuta
3 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

It’s not looking like it’s happening any time soon for the Lions. They do have some cracking young pieces going forward in Okudah,Hockenson,Swift though. Golladay is one of the top WR, but hasn’t had a great start to this season, being hampered with injuries. There have been rumours about trades for him (Giants have been in the phone) but would you be happy with that?

24 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

My bad. :lol:

The glory years were in the 50's. Sound familiar? :lol: 

38 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

It’s not looking like it’s happening any time soon for the Lions. They do have some cracking young pieces going forward in Okudah,Hockenson,Swift though. Golladay is one of the top WR, but hasn’t had a great start to this season, being hampered with injuries. There have been rumours about trades for him (Giants have been in the phone) but would you be happy with that?

We're a ****ing mess mate. It's actually scarily similar to Hearts the last couple of seasons, you look at the players we have and wonder where the **** it's going wrong.

Buck stops with the coaching staff, Patricia has to go, along with every other assistant. Total clear out.

I feel so sorry for Stafford, what a ****ing wasted career.

Re Golladay, he's literally the only WR we have. Although for all we are bad, he'd be off his rocker to want to go to the Giants :lol:

luckyBatistuta
9 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

We're a ****ing mess mate. It's actually scarily similar to Hearts the last couple of seasons, you look at the players we have and wonder where the **** it's going wrong.

Buck stops with the coaching staff, Patricia has to go, along with every other assistant. Total clear out.

I feel so sorry for Stafford, what a ****ing wasted career.

Re Golladay, he's literally the only WR we have. Although for all we are bad, he'd be off his rocker to want to go to the Giants :lol:

As you say, you shouldn’t be as bad as you are, yet the Bears are above you with a 5-3 record🤪 I also have to agree regarding  Patricia, it’s not working. A trade involving  Golladay and the Giants, that’s when you find out who cares about money more. The Giants are truly awful, such a mess. 

2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

As you say, you shouldn’t be as bad as you are, yet the Bears are above you with a 5-3 record🤪 I also have to agree regarding  Patricia, it’s not working. A trade involving  Golladay and the Giants, that’s when you find out who cares about money more. The Giants are truly awful, such a mess. 

The Bears are lucky they have an elite D because their offense is easily in the bottom 5. 

I wanted Vrabel when we were hiring. Look at the turnaround there.

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

The Bears are lucky they have an elite D because their offense is easily in the bottom 5. 

I wanted Vrabel when we were hiring. Look at the turnaround there.

Yeah, he’s doing well. There offence is brutal, can’t bring myself to watch the Bears games, it’s so boring. I think the Lions should go all in on Swift instead of pissing around with the committee approach with Peterson and Johnson. It’s too muddled for me and he can handle the load if they trust in him.

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Why didn't  they put the Steelers and Eagles in the same division. Seems a bit strange. 

Will only happen if the league is expanded imho, when the 10 team AFL and 16 team NFL merged in 1970 and the created the AFC and NFC they needed to balance the 26 teams so 3 NFL teams moved to the AFC and those were the Steelers, Browns and Baltimore Colts. The AFC teams quickly agreed on their divisions but the 13 NFC teams struggled to get agreement with teams looking to avoid being in the same division as the strongest teams Vikings or Cowboys while attempting to get the weakest team the Saints. The NFC ended up with 5 proposed splits of the three divisions that went into a bowl and option 3 got picked which resulted in

NFC East: NYG, PHI, WAS, DAL, STL

NFC Central: CHI, GB, DET, MIN;

NFC West: LA, SF, ATL, NO.

Steelers were awful tonight but still managed to get the win, now 8-0 for the first time in their history!

also closing in on the most consecutive games with a sack on the opposition qb

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Feck Washington! 

That was tragic. Almost looked like they were trying to lose. So many turnovers from self inflicted mistakes. Throw the ball to the receiver, and not 10 yards short or long. 

4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

That was tragic. Almost looked like they were trying to lose. So many turnovers from self inflicted mistakes. Throw the ball to the receiver, and not 10 yards short or long. 

One minute I think, yes! we're on our way back. Then we lose to the pitiful Giants. All we need now is to lose to the second worst team with New York in its name.   :facepalm:

Just checked, TF we don't play the Jets. :D

Edited by ri Alban

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

One minute I think, yes! we're on our way back. Then we lose to the pitiful Giants. All we need now is to lose to the second worst team with New York in its name.   :facepalm:

Just checked, TF we don't play the Jets. :D

Even if we played Jets, could you feel confident about winning? Given up looking at schedule and wait to see who we are against. Now watch Red Zone hoping that Washington at least get mention because they never seem to feature much. Written off season already. 

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Even if we played Jets, could you feel confident about winning? Given up looking at schedule and wait to see who we are against. Now watch Red Zone hoping that Washington at least get mention because they never seem to feature much. Written off season already. 

What's left if the season? Eagles and Cowboys. The East should give their play off spot to another division this season. It's the worst it's ever been. Absolutely terrible. And no, the Jets would probably win. 

2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Agreed. Cost me my bet for 160 quid.

:rofl:Sorry for laughing, but don't ever bet on the Reds, they'll own let you down.

Scotland Hearts and Washington are the teams I never bet on. Usually. I only bet when we play England, Hibs and Dallas. 

Edited by ri Alban

10 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Awful kick attempt :pleasing:

Come on Miami, hold tight! 

That was some game, and Tua is legit, so excited about this team. Murray is some player though, the Dolphins D will have been having nightmares last night about trying to tackle him. The scene in Rocky where he's trying to catch chickens comes to mind (and Murray is about the same size :lol:)

5 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Praying you hand us an embarassing loss next week 🤞

You wanting a new head coach? 

Malinga the Swinga
On 09/11/2020 at 08:57, hmfc_liam06 said:

Praying you hand us an embarassing loss next week 🤞

I think you may end up with unwanted win. Washington are on full self destruct mode and talk of Haskins playing. They would be better getting popcorn seller to play than him. Utterly useless.