**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

luckyBatistuta
20 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Cowboys may be fortunate in that they have Dalton. Obviously nothing compared to Dak but a very able replacement. Not many teams will have as good a backup.

I know it sounds mad saying this because Dak is far superior to Dalton, but I think this is going to help the Cowboys this season. I think that because Dalton isn’t the calibre of player that  Dak is, they will lean more on Zeke. This was something they had moved away from this season, because of the outrageous talent they have at WR. If they get back to this, then I think they will be a more balanced attack and also be able to control the clock, thus helping out a very poor defense.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I know it sounds mad saying this because Dak is far superior to Dalton, but I think this is going to help the Cowboys this season. I think that because Dalton isn’t the calibre of player that  Dak is, they will lean more on Zeke. This was something they had moved away from this season, because of the outrageous talent they have at WR. If they get back to this, then I think they will be a more balanced attack and also be able to control the clock, thus helping out a very poor defense.

Yeah there's definitely merit there.

I don't think many, if any teams, have as good a backup as the Cowboys do.

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Yeah there's definitely merit there.

I don't think many, if any teams, have as good a backup as the Cowboys do.

Yeah, definitely one of the top backups out there. Hopefully Dak is back soon though. He seems like a decent guy and was definitely deserving of a top contract after the way he’s been performing.

luckyBatistuta

Well, never saw that one coming. Le’Veon Bell signing for the Chiefs😱😱😱 

Glad I’ve not got CEH in fantasy now.

Where are the Chiefs getting all this money🤷‍♂️

J.T.F.Robertson
2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Well, never saw that one coming. Le’Veon Bell signing for the Chiefs😱😱😱 

Glad I’ve not got CEH in fantasy now.

Where are the Chiefs getting all this money🤷‍♂️

Must be well under this so-called salary cap.

Chooses a no-hoper in the Jets, now, after raking it in there, jumps to the other end of the success spectrum. 

Flip the mercenary coin; Antonio Brown or him.

We could have won Super Bowls with them, but not with how they've "performed" since both deciding they were better than the organisation which made them what they are.

Feck 'em. 😊

On 11/10/2020 at 23:44, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Canadian anaw! :)

We have a ways to go though. Our O-line really needs to improve their run blocking and the secondary, if our blitz doesn’t get the job done, makes me nervous.

Still, I'll take where we are at the mo, and see how next week against the broons goes. (they are finally on the up)

Browns maybe not so much on the up, steelers 24-7 at the half, mayfield sacked 3 times and picked twice

On 16/10/2020 at 02:17, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Must be well under this so-called salary cap.

Chooses a no-hoper in the Jets, now, after raking it in there, jumps to the other end of the success spectrum. 

Flip the mercenary coin; Antonio Brown or him.

We could have won Super Bowls with them, but not with how they've "performed" since both deciding they were better than the organisation which made them what they are.

Feck 'em. 😊

The jets need to pay him his guaranteed money this season at £6M and the chiefs can sign him for the veteran league minimum of $650k with a signing bonus that keeps him under their cap. He’ll earn more from the jets than the chiefs this year. Anyway, break a leg Le’Veon,  as they say in the theatre parlance 😩

54 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

What a find in Chase Claypool. Can’t see Juju being here next season.  The guy is awesome 

looks an incredible find for steelers, not so sure about the mapletron nickname though!

26 minutes ago, Ribble said:

looks an incredible find for steelers, not so sure about the mapletron nickname though!

They used a second round draft pick on him, so suspect that it won’t be that incredible to them if he turns out to be consistently good. 

J.T.F.Robertson
2 hours ago, Ribble said:

Browns maybe not so much on the up, steelers 24-7 at the half, mayfield sacked 3 times and picked twice

Defence played awesome, but Mayfield was far from 100%. Ah well.

1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

What a find in Chase Claypool. Can’t see Juju being here next season.  The guy is awesome 

I kinda think Ju Ju was/is destined to leave in any case.

1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

The jets need to pay him his guaranteed money this season at £6M and the chiefs can sign him for the veteran league minimum of $650k with a signing bonus that keeps him under their cap. He’ll earn more from the jets than the chiefs this year. Anyway, break a leg Le’Veon,  as they say in the theatre parlance 😩

Quite honestly, K, how that cap thing works is way ower ma heid.

41 minutes ago, Ribble said:

It's early days but if he keeps it up they can give him any nickname they like. :)

Sounding as if Devin Bush has a bad one. :(

Edited by J.T.F.Robertson

J.T.F.Robertson
11 minutes ago, Peebo said:

They used a second round draft pick on him, so suspect that it won’t be that incredible to them if he turns out to be consistently good. 

Our second rounder was our first, if you get what I mean. (Minkah)

2 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Our second rounder was our first, if you get what I mean. (Minkah)

Yes, I understand what you mean. 

J.T.F.Robertson

The sickly colour Bay Packers are looking a bit too good for my liking.

Hopefully be taking this back. About the first time I've EVER wanted Brady to win a game.

J.T.F.Robertson
49 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

The sickly colour Bay Packers are looking a bit too good for my liking.

Jeez I'm a slaver. :(

Just as the Steelers start looking really good, Bush out for the season with his ACL, despite only really having Spillane (who done well yesterday) and an out of favour Gilbert III  as natural ILB's (Marcus Allen can switch from safety) I can't see us picking up anyone else as cover.

Steelers off to a great start against the titans, opening drive td and forced the Titans to punt from 4 and 15 almost on their own goal line 

J.T.F.Robertson

Easie peasie. 😨

luckyBatistuta
7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Seahawks blow it. 

Just finished watching it, what a game, it had everything. As you say, the Seahawks blew it, but credit to the Cardinals defense for stepping up at the end of the game.

luckyBatistuta

OBJ out for the season, torn ACL

Dede Westbrook too

Edited by luckyBatistuta

3 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Just finished watching it, what a game, it had everything. As you say, the Seahawks blew it, but credit to the Cardinals defense for stepping up at the end of the game.

That 15 yard penalty. He'll get his baws kicked. 

17 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Easie peasie. 😨

An incredible first half got the result (as tight at the end as it was), restricting that Titans team to 77 yards in the first half shows how good the Steelers D can be (despite missing the defensive captain Bush)

My one worry for the Steelers is that due to the game last night being played on what would have been our bye week, we're not playing right through to the end of the season without a break although that said with a 6-0 start we could potentially seal a playoff place early and rest some players over the final few games!

J.T.F.Robertson
9 hours ago, Ribble said:

An incredible first half got the result (as tight at the end as it was), restricting that Titans team to 77 yards in the first half shows how good the Steelers D can be (despite missing the defensive captain Bush)

My one worry for the Steelers is that due to the game last night being played on what would have been our bye week, we're not playing right through to the end of the season without a break although that said with a 6-0 start we could potentially seal a playoff place early and rest some players over the final few games!

What really gets on my mammaries is we never seem to play a 60 minute game. First half/second half, either that or the O plays lights out or it's the D. If we ever had both on the go at the same time, AND for the whole game ....... (if my grannies had baws etc.)

No way are we the #1 side though, I could list 3 or 4 better than us. We still need to improve and that includes Ben. Doesn't seem to matter how old he gets he still sometimes reverts to the "gunslinger" he was in his younger days, the one that also that served us so well, I'll add.

Some of his throws yesterday, though. There was no reason Titans should have been in a position to potentially win that game. 

I'm a perfectionist. ;)

I honestly wish I understood NFL. For years I've wanted to like it but just haven't found a way to get into it, a team to follow etc.

I like NBA, but don't watch it as much as I'd like. Mainly due to the fact there's always games on, and they're on pretty late. NFL however seems confined all to a Sunday, and kick offs (?) stagger throughout the day but mostly at very watchable times. I've long thought that feet up, with a few beers watching NFL on a Sunday night sounds very enjoyable, but I know **** all about it.

28 minutes ago, Locky said:

I honestly wish I understood NFL. For years I've wanted to like it but just haven't found a way to get into it, a team to follow etc.

I like NBA, but don't watch it as much as I'd like. Mainly due to the fact there's always games on, and they're on pretty late. NFL however seems confined all to a Sunday, and kick offs (?) stagger throughout the day but mostly at very watchable times. I've long thought that feet up, with a few beers watching NFL on a Sunday night sounds very enjoyable, but I know **** all about it.

It can be a very complex sport for newbies to wrap their heads around.

My suggestion is to start off watching Red Zone. It's basically Soccer Saturday but you can see whats happening. They switch in and out games depending on who's in scoring range.

I find thats more of an exciting way for newbies to engage with the sport. 

5 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

It can be a very complex sport for newbies to wrap their heads around.

My suggestion is to start off watching Red Zone. It's basically Soccer Saturday but you can see whats happening. They switch in and out games depending on who's in scoring range.

I find thats more of an exciting way for newbies to engage with the sport. 

Do Sky show that? I see they show a few games on a Sunday. Bet365 seem to stream a lot of the ones that aren't televised here too. I get that it's definitely not the easiest sport to pick up for a beginner. Tried playing a Madden game once and was lost. :lol: I think that's what makes it more appealing to me though, is it's not just an easy watch. The strategic side of the game has always appealed, it's just finding a place to really start with it.

3 hours ago, Locky said:

Do Sky show that? I see they show a few games on a Sunday. Bet365 seem to stream a lot of the ones that aren't televised here too. I get that it's definitely not the easiest sport to pick up for a beginner. Tried playing a Madden game once and was lost. :lol: I think that's what makes it more appealing to me though, is it's not just an easy watch. The strategic side of the game has always appealed, it's just finding a place to really start with it.

Yeah there's so many little intricacies etc.

It's on Sky Sports Mix. It's great viewing, no adverts, no long break in plays - which is probably the single biggest thing that puts beginners off.

If you watch Red Zone for the rest of the season you'll start to get a feel for it and then come playoff times can progress on to watching an individual game.

luckyBatistuta
5 hours ago, Locky said:

One of my mates wasn’t in to the NFL whatsoever. I talked him in to joining our Fantasy league. He now watches it every week and knows who all the players are. He even came over to my house having returned from a holiday in Florida, with a Pittsburgh Steelers top on🤨 Maybe give that a try too.

4 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Yeah there's so many little intricacies etc.

It's on Sky Sports Mix. It's great viewing, no adverts, no long break in plays - which is probably the single biggest thing that puts beginners off.

If you watch Red Zone for the rest of the season you'll start to get a feel for it and then come playoff times can progress on to watching an individual game.

I'll defo give that a watch on Sunday. Read up on the schedule of the NFL earlier and pleasantly surprised to see it was a nice short season in comparison to other sports. In NBA, it's not too uncommon for them to play over 100 games a season. It's possible to play a team 11 times in one season too! Not even the SPFL is that bad.

NFL seems to be the only one too which is straight knockout in the playoffs. NBA and the others play all theirs over a best of 7 which just takes the drama right out of it for me.

2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

One of my mates wasn’t in to the NFL whatsoever. I talked him in to joining our Fantasy league. He now watches it every week and knows who all the players are. He even came over to my house having returned from a holiday in Florida, with a Pittsburgh Steelers top on🤨 Maybe give that a try too.

A mate from work is right into his NFL. Before lockdown, I fully intended on me and him finding a bar on a Sunday night to watch some games and have a few beers etc. But sadly that's not happened yet. I'd give fantasy league a try, but I'll be honest, I lose interest in football fantasy league after I have a shite week or 2. :lol: 

J.T.F.Robertson
8 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

A man after my own heart.

luckyBatistuta
43 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

A man after my own heart.

Had Bell on the back, just after they traded him🤯

J.T.F.Robertson
14 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Had Bell on the back, just after they traded him🤯

Discounted then. :(

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Discounted then. :(

He didn’t know when he bought it, happened whilst he was out there😬 When he turned around and I saw the name😱

Today might well be Cam Newton's last shot at keeping his job as starter for the Pats.

A win up in Buffalo is a tough proposition at best and should he turn in a sub par performance

it might be time to test Stidham at QB.

The Patriots' season is going down the tubes and they'll pretty much be in a nothing to lose situation after 

a loss today.

2 hours ago, Boston Jambo said:

Today might well be Cam Newton's last shot at keeping his job as starter for the Pats.

A win up in Buffalo is a tough proposition at best and should he turn in a sub par performance

it might be time to test Stidham at QB.

The Patriots' season is going down the tubes and they'll pretty much be in a nothing to lose situation after 

a loss today.

:byebye:Dynasty :byebye:

Today is Tua-day! Tua's first start for the Dolphins. I'm about as excited as I've ever been as a Miami fan since Marino retired. Just hope he doesn't get injured...

Tough games to start with against the Rams D, but just hope he shows some of his college form for the rest of the season and give us long-suffering Miami fans some hope for the future.