**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

luckyBatistuta
13 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Anyone use gamepass app on an android TV? First couple of weeks it would hide the scores when I went to watch highlights of the late games but this week its gone back to showing them, spoiling all the games

:seething:

Any way to turn the scores off? It hides them on my tablet app but not the tv, which has been the case for ages but seemed to change in weeks 1 and 2 this year. 

Just adjust your screen size in the tv settings, they’ll go off the bottom

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

8 Titans personnel have tested positive for covid, both them and the vikings have closed their facilities (no vikings have tested positive as yet) and their opponents for this week have been told that the games may be rescheduled.

J.T.F.Robertson
7 hours ago, Ribble said:

8 Titans personnel have tested positive for covid, both them and the vikings have closed their facilities (no vikings have tested positive as yet) and their opponents for this week have been told that the games may be rescheduled.

We'll just have to "do" the Titans on another date then. ;)

8 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

We'll just have to "do" the Titans on another date then. ;)

Looks like game is still going ahead with the Titans limited to a walkthrough on Saturday before the game on Sunday

J.T.F.Robertson
7 hours ago, Ribble said:

Looks like game is still going ahead with the Titans limited to a walkthrough on Saturday before the game on Sunday

I guess it's off! Re-scheduled for Monday or Tuesday.

Got an email from the Panthers this morning so limited tickets available for home games this season. Will need to persuade the wife to go as minimum of 2 tickets for some of the games - not sure what chance of success I have with that!

Surprised no mention of the Golden Tate v Jalen Ramsey fight? Seemingly bad blood after Ramsey walked out on Tate's sister while she was pregnant with their 2nd kid!

23 hours ago, Ribble said:

Surprised no mention of the Golden Tate v Jalen Ramsey fight? Seemingly bad blood after Ramsey walked out on Tate's sister while she was pregnant with their 2nd kid!

And left her for a stripper is what I also heard :rofl:

12 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

How the **** there is a sticky NFL thread on a football forum i will never know. 

Don't remember anyone asking you. Now

giphy.gif

luckyBatistuta
17 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

How the **** there is a sticky NFL thread on a football forum i will never know. 

You’re a right observant one you, how longs it been going:lol:

Only over 29,000 posts 😊

Edited by luckyBatistuta

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

You’re a right observant one you, how longs it been going:lol:

Only over 29,000 posts 😊

And 11 year. :D He must be bored and thought... Let's try to upset the gridiron gang. 

Not my usual thread, but keep an eye on the Seahawks this year. Last time the won first four games the went on to win the  Super Bowl.

J.T.F.Robertson
7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Don't remember anyone asking you. Now

giphy.gif

You're no' bad. (sometimes) ;)

23 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Probably for the same reason there's golf,  fitness, tv stickies....some folk are into different things other than football.

Bit of a strange post, complaining about having a thread in the Shed, which is for non-football topics,  that isn't about football. And at least NFL has "football" as part of the name, even if it's a different type!

J.T.F.Robertson
1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Steelers go 4-0 with a win over the eagles, rookie Chase Claypool with 4 touchdowns!

Canadian anaw! :)

We have a ways to go though. Our O-line really needs to improve their run blocking and the secondary, if our blitz doesn’t get the job done, makes me nervous.

Still, I'll take where we are at the mo, and see how next week against the broons goes. (they are finally on the up)

14 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

We have a ways to go though. Our O-line really needs to improve their run blocking and the secondary, if our blitz doesn’t get the job done, makes me nervous.

Still, I'll take where we are at the mo, and see how next week against the broons goes. (they are finally on the up)

Totally agree but like how the secondary seem to be better the later in the game it is. If we keep injury free then think it could be a very good year for the Steelers.

J.T.F.Robertson
2 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Totally agree but like how the secondary seem to be better the later in the game it is. If we keep injury free then think it could be a very good year for the Steelers.

We can but hope. ;)

Rivers is getting on my tits in this game. 

3 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Quite a game eh.  Go Seahawks go.

Kings should have kicked a fg. :facepalm:

Some final drive by the shite hawks. 5-0. Now favourite to win the Superbowl. 👍

9 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

They might be back on the down. Mayfield was headed for an x-ray on a rib injury he picked up towards the end of the game last night.

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Kings should have kicked a fg. :facepalm:

Some final drive by the shite hawks. 5-0. Now favourite to win the Superbowl. 👍

With who? Most bookies have them 3rd fav with Chiefs favourite at 4's, Ravens 2nd at 5's or 6's and Seahawks 3rd at 7's or 8's

1 minute ago, Ribble said:

With who? Most bookies have them 3rd fav with Chiefs favourite at 4's, Ravens 2nd at 5's or 6's and Seahawks 3rd at 7's or 8's

Me

Great to see Alex Smith back on the field this weekend.

He's had some journey with that injury and the subsequent infections.

From nearly dying to possibly having to have his leg amputated, to get get to elite level sport is astonishing.

17 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Me

Ah ok, can't see it myself, they're not strong enough defensively for me to see them going all the way, you just can't give up 400+ yards a game and win the superbowl, no matter how good your offense is

That was the most fun I've had watching a Dolphins game in years. I did wonder if an upset was on the cards with all the injuries the 49ers had been dealing with, but never in my wildest dreams imagined we'd be handing them a 43-17 "ass-whooping" where both the offence and defence would be so dominant.

Fun times...and now have the Jets next week after the schedule reshuffle. Another chance to drive a nail in Gase's coffin (it's running out of room to fit any more nails in though)

3 hours ago, Ribble said:

Ah ok, can't see it myself, they're not strong enough defensively for me to see them going all the way, you just can't give up 400+ yards a game and win the super bowl, no matter how good your offense is

I watch Seahawks games, this year with all the things that are going on, Covid, Trump, personal, I don't get too hyped about Super Bowl or the big game. If Hawks lost Wilson their season would be gone, but I have to say their five games this season have all been worth watching, and a very welcome break and absence of lifes stresses. We all love the debate about our sports team, but the truth is they are really a commercial form of entertainment, and Seahawks are fulfilling this season their obligation to entertain and relieve lifes problems. for a few hours.

J.T.F.Robertson
2 hours ago, Sharpie said:

I watch Seahawks games, this year with all the things that are going on, Covid, Trump, personal, I don't get too hyped about Super Bowl or the big game. If Hawks lost Wilson their season would be gone, but I have to say their five games this season have all been worth watching, and a very welcome break and absence of lifes stresses. We all love the debate about our sports team, but the truth is they are really a commercial form of entertainment, and Seahawks are fulfilling this season their obligation to entertain and relieve lifes problems. for a few hours.

Much like Hearts. :angry:

16 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Much like Hearts. :angry:

Yes I guess its some type of mental weakness, but with Hearts especially 

I have found that as in life one should never give up hope and love.

Edited by Sharpie

J.T.F.Robertson
18 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Yes I guess its some type of mental weakness, but with Hearts especially 

I have found that as in life one should never give up hope and love.

Aye, and throw in a sprinkling of masochism. ;)

21 hours ago, Sharpie said:

A pretty big departure from what the Seahawks have been in recent years, a team built on run first and formidible defense. I'd actually tune in to one of their games now :lol:

Re Wilson, you could say the same about a lot of teams, the Packers would drop like a stone without Rodgers this season, same for the Ravens.

FWIW Seahawks were my tip for the Super Bowl this year.

3 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

A pretty big departure from what the Seahawks have been in recent years, a team built on run first and formidible defense. I'd actually tune in to one of their games now :lol:

Re Wilson, you could say the same about a lot of teams, the Packers would drop like a stone without Rodgers this season, same for the Ravens.

FWIW Seahawks were my tip for the Super Bowl this year.

We will see how important a quarterback can be when we watch Dallas now. What a shocking injury to see happen. May be finished for good. accepted a one year contract, because he wanted to hit big renewing for next season.

1 minute ago, Sharpie said:

We will see how important a quarterback can be when we watch Dallas now. What a shocking injury to see happen. May be finished for good. accepted a one year contract, because he wanted to hit big renewing for next season.

Cowboys may be fortunate in that they have Dalton. Obviously nothing compared to Dak but a very able replacement. Not many teams will have as good a backup.