**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

luckyBatistuta
45 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

What's with Hawaii and their love of the Rams? 

🤷🏼‍♂️

The Rams' 2018 preseason games were broadcast across the Hawaiian Islands. Then that November, Los Angeles announced a partnership with the Hawaiian Tourism Authority (HTA) to promote the Hawaiian Islands. Part of the agreement included playing a preseason game in Hawaii, but the opponent would not be announced until a later date. 

Four months later, the Rams revealed they would be taking on the Dallas Cowboys, a team they just faced in the divisional round of the NFC playoffs. 

Tickets sold out in less than 24 hours. 

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

🤷🏼‍♂️

The Rams' 2018 preseason games were broadcast across the Hawaiian Islands. Then that November, Los Angeles announced a partnership with the Hawaiian Tourism Authority (HTA) to promote the Hawaiian Islands. Part of the agreement included playing a preseason game in Hawaii, but the opponent would not be announced until a later date. 

Four months later, the Rams revealed they would be taking on the Dallas Cowboys, a team they just faced in the divisional round of the NFC playoffs. 

Tickets sold out in less than 24 hours. 

:thumb:

Its just that I've seen them in Hawaii 5-0 and Magnum PI. 

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

:thumb:

Its just that I've seen them in Hawaii 5-0 and Magnum PI. 

Really🙀🤯🤷‍♂️😂🤣

8 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Really🙀🤯🤷‍♂️😂🤣

Aye! ... Really!  And Everyone loves them. I now hate them. :D

I don't, really! 

luckyBatistuta
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Aye! ... Really!  And Everyone loves them. I now hate them. :D

I don't, really! 

They’ve never really bothered me either way. I do however have a dislike for one of their ex players...Eric Dickerson, don’t like that man.

2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

They’ve never really bothered me either way. I do however have a dislike for one of their ex players...Eric Dickerson, don’t like that man.

Was some player, tho. Did he run over the colts, perchance? :D

hmfc_liam06

Can't stand the Rams, just one of those teams I dislike immensely. Love it when teams go spend big and ultimately flop.

Their coach is a jumped up wee prick as well. Found out big time last season.

In other news, Newton signing for the Pats is the least unexpected news this year.

BigCGilmour

Was just coming in to post Cam news, everything I've been reading has stated Patriots were never going to sign him, so a bit surprised! Pats also fined for being dodgy as fcuk again!

luckyBatistuta
42 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Was some player, tho. Did he run over the colts, perchance? :D

Colts had their problems with him. I just don’t like the man, always comes across as a total #### to me. He wasn’t happy that Peterson might beat his record either, no class imo.

31 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Can't stand the Rams, just one of those teams I dislike immensely. Love it when teams go spend big and ultimately flop.

Their coach is a jumped up wee prick as well. Found out big time last season.

In other news, Newton signing for the Pats is the least unexpected news this year.

Not happy with that move for two reasons. Thought I had made a nice wee move stashing Stidham, knowing Brady would probably be off at the end of the season. Also, if Newton was to return to some kind of past form, the Patriots are still going to be in the running for another Super Bowl😞

luckyBatistuta
27 minutes ago, BigCGilmour said:

Was just coming in to post Cam news, everything I've been reading has stated Patriots were never going to sign him, so a bit surprised! Pats also fined for being dodgy as fcuk again!

Even if he still isn’t the same player, or he is and he walks, the Pats still get another compensatory pick. For that kind of money, it’s not a bad gamble.

14 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Colts had their problems with him. I just don’t like the man, always comes across as a total #### to me. He wasn’t happy that Peterson might beat his record either, no class imo.

Not happy with that move for two reasons. Thought I had made a nice wee move stashing Stidham, knowing Brady would probably be off at the end of the season. Also, if Newton was to return to some kind of past form, the Patriots are still going to be in the running for another Super Bowl😞

Peterson is another dickhead, who should not be anywhere near the NFL, especially the mighty Redskins. 

Oh and he's giving it the poor running backs don't get any appreciation, malarkey . Boo hoo! 

luckyBatistuta
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Peterson is another dickhead, who should not be anywhere near the NFL, especially the mighty Redskins. 

Oh and he's giving it the poor running backs don't get any appreciation, malarkey . Boo hoo! 

Millions of dollars a year and no appreciation🤔 That’s one of the things that riles me about Nate Burleson on GMFB. He never stops banging on about money. Always goes on about ‘getting paid’ He comes across as if money was the only thing important to him when he was in the game.

hmfc_liam06
34 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Millions of dollars a year and no appreciation🤔 That’s one of the things that riles me about Nate Burleson on GMFB. He never stops banging on about money. Always goes on about ‘getting paid’ He comes across as if money was the only thing important to him when he was in the game.

I'd imagine it is to the vast majority of players.

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I'd imagine it is to the vast majority of players.

Probably, just Burleson talks about incessantly 

PortyJambo

Pressure building on the Redskins to change their name. FedEx, who having naming rights for their stadium and whose CEO is a part owner, have asked them to change it. And the local government have said they won't allow them to build a new stadium until they change it 

PortyJambo

Nike have also removed all Redskins items from their website.

There's always been calls to change their name, but when big business starts getting involved, that's when NFL owners usually start to listen as it hits their bottom line.

PortyJambo

Mahomes to sign a 10 (ten) year extension to his contract. No monetary terms out there yet, but they no doubt will be absolutely massive!

luckyBatistuta
5 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

Mahomes to sign a 10 (ten) year extension to his contract. No monetary terms out there yet, but they no doubt will be absolutely massive!

$503 million, that will be their cap space fekd for 10 years.

On 03/07/2020 at 10:10, ri Alban said:

Tell them to GTF! 

Would agree but looks like its happening.

Redwolves the new favourite.

On 12/07/2020 at 10:32, merrymac said:

Would agree but looks like its happening.

Redwolves the new favourite.

Red tails would be Ok

• 2 weeks later...
hmfc_liam06

MLB possibly cancelling the season, puts the NFL season in huge doubt.

Honestly don't think there'll be one this year.

ACC announced that College football potentially starting second week of September - hopefully it happens altho not convinced myself as positive cases still on the rise here.

Edited by Pagey
spelling

On 27/07/2020 at 13:16, PortyJambo said:

New Last Chance U episodes dropping on Netflix from tomorrow. A new school too, Laney College in Oakland.

Enjoyed this season, as I did the previous ones too. Bit of a different vibe to the ones set in the colleges in the first 4 seasons, with the coach having a different personality to Buddy Stephens and Jason Brown...basically he's not as much of an arsehole. Also it's set in a big city college rather than one in the middle of nowhere.

As usual, you find yourself rooting for some of the players to get big school offers and be able to improve their lives. Dior Walker-Scott is the player this time that I found myself rooting for the most. And the other WR they feature a lot, RJ Stern, has some weird, ****ed up, creepy family history.

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Raiders confirmed no fans in upcoming season for them. Doubt they will be only ones.

As long as the games are on the tv, going to be a long long long long year if it’s cancelled😞

J.T.F.Robertson
5 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

As long as the games are on the tv, going to be a long long long long year if it’s cancelled😞

Will it ever!

If it does go ahead it will obviously be different but mucho better than nowt.

luckyBatistuta
5 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Will it ever!

If it does go ahead it will obviously be different but mucho better than nowt.

Exactly, any fix will do🤞

Sky have secured the NFL for another 5 seasons, new dedicated channel with a minimum of 5 live games every week

chuck berrys hairline

So with some confrences abondoning their season, whats the script with student athletes on campus that arent there for academic ability? Will this have a knock on effect for the draft and heisman its a clusterf*ck the now.

Ready whenever anyone else is Liam for the KB draft 😁

If you haven't seen the first episode, Hard Knocks has started and into week two this week. LA Rams and Chargers are the featured teams.

• 3 weeks later...
Malinga the Swinga
On 29 June 2020 at 10:07, ri Alban said:

Not anymore he isn't. Cut this morning. Patriots mentioned as possible destination.

luckyBatistuta
10 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Not anymore he isn't. Cut this morning. Patriots mentioned as possible destination.

Patriots are mentioned with every free agent running back going. Glad I picked up Antonio Gibson now.

11 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Good. I was a bit gutted when Norman left, but we're building nicely. 

6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

You'll soon find out. 

It's certainly not an offense anyway, it's probably the worst in the league.

Haskins

Gibson

McLaurin

Sims 

Inman 

Thomas

Good luck for the season 😆 

luckyBatistuta
9 hours ago, ri Alban said:

You'll soon find out. 

3 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Haskins

Gibson

McLaurin

Sims 

Inman 

Thomas

You know you’ve got serious problems when a Lions fan is laughing at you.

3 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Haskins

Gibson

McLaurin

Sims 

Inman 

Thomas

No, more like! 

Jason Wright

Ron Riviera 

Alex Smith's recovery story

And our New RFK home. 

(PLUS, a new owner/s when Dan is made to exit) 

18 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

He'll not be laughing when Young takes his Lions QB into Hell! come the 15th of November. 

🐷 Go Wolves! 

56 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

:lol:

I witnessed first hand how bad they are last year and they've gotten worse this off-season (offensively).

They'd kill for Stafford, Golladay, Jones and Hockenson. And more than likely Swift once he gets going. 

Just dealing in facts 😎

3 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

:lol:

I witnessed first hand how bad they are last year and they've gotten worse this off-season (offensively).

They'd kill for Stafford, Golladay, Jones and Hockenson. And more than likely Swift once he gets going. 

Just dealing in facts 😎

How many Superbowls have you played in, again? 😎 Since you like to deal in hard facts.!

Edited by ri Alban

Just now, ri Alban said:

How many Superb owls have played in, again? 😎 Since you like to deal hard facts.!

Nice deflection from the sad state of your team though 👍

The wolves may be poor offensively, but we'll be number 1 in defence. Which could give us a chance to go through behind the Unstoppable Cowboys. Dallas will play Kansas in the Superbowl. 

5 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Haskins

Gibson

McLaurin

Sims 

Inman 

Thomas

It's a bit unfair to suggest they are the worst in the league given they are mostly rookies...let's see how things pan out. McLaurin might have been the best rookie WR last season Ina poor team, Gibson has been quoted as looking ready to go and Haskins has the potential/must be looking good enough for a coaching team who have worked with Newton for the last few years. I think things might be a bit better. You Lions with all their weapons are still p1sh 😂🤣😂

looking forward to kick off

58 minutes ago, BigCGilmour said:

It's a bit unfair to suggest they are the worst in the league given they are mostly rookies...let's see how things pan out. McLaurin might have been the best rookie WR last season Ina poor team, Gibson has been quoted as looking ready to go and Haskins has the potential/must be looking good enough for a coaching team who have worked with Newton for the last few years. I think things might be a bit better. You Lions with all their weapons are still p1sh 😂🤣😂

looking forward to kick off

It's between the Jags and Washington for the worst offense in the league. Jags have some decent talent at WR though, McLaurin aside, Washington have nothing.

One is a rookie, a RB with 33 carries to his name. 

I'm also quite happy to admit the Lions aren't a good team, seems Washington fans can't quite admit the same.

Lets see how both offenses have fared come January 👍